Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,809 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures (29277 Views)

9 Reasons Why Nigerian Universities Are Better Than Polytechnics / Hilarious Facts About Most Nigerian Universities / 11 Nigerian Universities Are Substandard – NUC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by Aksonman: 7:59pm On Oct 30, 2013
Regularly we are inundated with fairy tale news about how wonderful Ghanaian universities are.

Of course ASUU strikes/government neglect have made university education in Nigeria a nightmare,but in the last decade Nigeria has come up with several private universities with fantastic structures populated by Nigerian students.

Ghana has some pretty universities too,but many Nigerian students often go for some strange Ghanaian universities that are just 3 storey buildings along a street corner.

GUESS WHAT?
The main reason why many some Nigerians rush to Ghanaian universities is because THEY CAN'T PASS JAMB.
In Ghana,once you pass WAEC and u can afford tuition,admission to any Ghanaian university is certain. Unlike in Nigeria where regardless of the university you want to enter,you must first attain a descent JAMB score,plus POST-UME results.

This is the true story of the mad rush to Ghanaian universities

30 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by tsleazy(m): 8:07pm On Oct 30, 2013
Lol true talk...i knw people r gonna be mad at u, but its d real truth.

3 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by usibengate(m): 9:12pm On Oct 30, 2013
I think d op had made a vry germane point. With d fact dat nija university system is in a state of abysmal, dismal & unda funded, i'm stil of d opinion dat nija graduate is stil more brilliant & intelligent, mentally, physicaly and otherwise dan their over proported well funded counterpart in ghana. Cos it's d nigerian lazy, dullard, serial exams faillures, fun seekers and unserious students dat are always embracing ghana university. I wonda if any... Any ghanian university student can make 200 and above in JAMB

19 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by christlyke(m): 6:18am On Oct 31, 2013
Trash!!! Look at the case of someone who passed his/her postume with a 60mark so the person should remain at home and take jamb for the upteenth time because say e nr wan go ghana....nonsense!!!, absolute trash.

Some ghanian medical schools for a yr they pay upto a million naira ,pls tell me hw much is medicine in Abuad,.yu'all are just silly jobless haters. I M A NIGERIAN neither do i school in ghana.

So they are not failures, but will only take away job opportunities from you.

23 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by Gozzzy(m): 7:25am On Oct 31, 2013
^^^ What is this one saying

12 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by Jovanna(f): 7:30am On Oct 31, 2013
Yea, it's true one of my friend actually went there because she failed jamb!
Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by tsleazy(m): 7:57am On Oct 31, 2013
Wow this guy lacks good communication skills >>>
christlyke: Trash!!! Look at the case of someone who passed his/her postume with a 60mark so the person should remain at home and take jamb for the upteenth time because say e nr wan go ghana....nonsense!!!, absolute trash.

Some ghanian medical schools for a yr they pay upto a million naira ,pls tell me hw much is medicine in Abuad,.yu'all are just silly jobless haters. I M A NIGERIAN neither do i school in ghana.

26 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by christlyke(m): 10:56am On Oct 31, 2013
tsleazy: Wow this guy lacks good communication skills >>>

Ignored.

4 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by christlyke(m): 10:58am On Oct 31, 2013
Gozzzy: ^^^ What is this one saying

Read it well, or maybe get ur jnr 1 to read it for you...

5 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by christlyke(m): 11:00am On Oct 31, 2013
Jovanna: Yea, it's true one of my friend actually went there because she failed jamb!

Are you in any university ursef?...i'm jst asking, its nt quarrel o.

6 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by Nobody: 11:04am On Oct 31, 2013
christlyke: Trash!!! Look at the case of someone who passed his/her postume with a 60mark so the person should remain at home and take jamb for the upteenth time because say e nr wan go ghana....nonsense!!!, absolute trash.

lmao so What're you driving at? Hehehehe thank God someone has already said this "communication skills" ....can't stop laughing*

2 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by Jovanna(f): 11:11am On Oct 31, 2013
christlyke:

Are you in any university ursef?...i'm jst asking, its nt quarrel o.
any prob wit dat?

1 Like

Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by Jovanna(f): 11:12am On Oct 31, 2013
Elliotwiz i sight u, it's me Timilak
Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by christlyke(m): 11:26am On Oct 31, 2013

author=Elliotwiz1]lmao so What're you driving at? Hehehehe thank God
someone has already said this "communication skills" ....can't stop
laughing*

...That they are not failures as the op has called them. By the way i
was pissed while writing my first comment.
Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by christlyke(m): 11:36am On Oct 31, 2013
Jovanna: any prob wit dat?

You did not answer me sha, i jst wntd to knw what university you are in,if you wish you can also add ur course and level.Tanks
Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by tsleazy(m): 11:44am On Oct 31, 2013
christlyke:

...That they are not failures as the op has called them. By the way i
was pissed while writing my first comment.
not all of them are failures, but most of the people that i've met saying that they wanna go to Ghana, are those that are tired of staying at home....and by the way, most Ghanians would faint if they were given jamb/ post jamb exams...

1 Like

Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by christlyke(m): 12:28pm On Oct 31, 2013

author=tsleazy]not all of them are failures, but most of the people
that i've met saying that they wanna go to Ghana, are those that are
tired of staying at home....and by the way, most Ghanians would faint if
they were given jamb/ post jamb exams...

Atleast its better dn stayn @ hme till d persns waec result reaches 5yrs.

Ah!..dnt say dt abt Ghanians nw, take a look at their questions in waec.

3 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by Obrafour(m): 1:29pm On Oct 31, 2013
tsleazy: not all of them are failures, but most of the people that i've met saying that they wanna go to Ghana, are those that are tired of staying at home....and by the way, most Ghanians would faint if they were given jamb/ post jamb exams...
Why are you guys always on Ghana? Is there a law/rule in Nigeria that says you guys should always compare? Why should Ghanaians write jamb or whatever fuckkery you guys choose to call it?

13 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by Obrafour(m): 1:31pm On Oct 31, 2013
Jovanna: Yea, it's true one of my friend actually went there because she failed jamb!
Good to know, atleast she is assured of completing her four year course 0n time.

3 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by Olugbenger(m): 3:35pm On Oct 31, 2013
[b]This fact is widely known and genuine. I see no reason why some folks here would haggle some words and still fail to.disprove what the Op has stated.
I would go on with mine; well,i won't blame such chaps since most of them are miserable dullards compared to the average Nigeria youth who gained admission convincingly, and on merit coupled with the stiff academic competition among admission seekers.
One of such important consolation those folks get is that of a stable academic calendar. Nothing much more.
The bitter fact is that reasonable Nigerians know that most Ghanians are retards naturally in intellectual ability, but they spend alot in improving their standard of education regards to other salient factors, hence we draw probable conclusions on this issue.
It's even pertinent to state that even the top universities in Nigeria rank higher than the respectives one in Ghana even with the strutural decay, low funding and mismanagement. The reason i believe is not farfetched.
grin grin grin grin grin

wait i forgot to add; even with ASUU strike. angry angry angry angry
[/b]

6 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by christejames(m): 4:06pm On Oct 31, 2013
I hv forgotten wht i wanted to say on this issue maybe nxt time until then keep squabbling
Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by Aksonman: 4:43pm On Oct 31, 2013
FRONT PAGE OOOOOOO cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 31, 2013
LOL! Same thing I was discussing with someone some weeks ago.

Most times our lecturers complain that the reasons many students are going to neighbouring countries to school is because of our low education standard here, which is a terrible lie. Most of those Ghanaian universities still can't match up in standard with our UI,OAU,UNILORIN,UNILAG and some top naija schools.

The major reason why most students run away to Benin, Ghana, Togo to study is because the competition for admission is not as stiff as it is here. Most of them that cheated in WAEC and couldn't pass UTME or POSTUTME would prefer to 'use their money' to study in schools where there is no competition for entrance. Most times in advertisement for such schools you see phrases like 'No Entrance Exam needed'. What kind of school is that?.

This is the same ish with Folks running to Ukraine to study medicine. They don't need entrance exams too, no wonder majority of 'em failed in the last MDCN exams.

12 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by topsonkay(m): 5:02pm On Oct 31, 2013
oluafolabi: LOL! Same thing I was discussing with someone some weeks ago.

Most times our lecturers complain that the reasons many students are going to neighbouring countries to school is because of our low education standard here, which is a terrible lie. Most of those Ghanaian universities still can't match up in standard with our UI,OAU,UNILORIN,UNILAG and some top naija schools.

The major reason why most students run away to Benin, Ghana, Togo to study is because the competition for admission is not as stiff as it is here. Most of them that cheated in WAEC and couldn't pass UTME or POSTUTME would prefer to 'use their money' to study in schools where there is no competition for entrance. Most times in advertisement for such schools you see phrases like 'No Entrance Exam needed'. What kind of school is that?.

This is the same ish with Folks running to Ukraine to study medicine. They don't need entrance exams too, no wonder majority of 'em failed in the last MDCN exams.
well said bro!!

2 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by OME1(m): 6:44pm On Oct 31, 2013
The reason most students go to ghana , cyprus,ukraine,malaysia and some other countries is because they couldn't get into major universities here, that still doesn't the change the fact that there are also top schools with standard admission criteria in some of those countries too even though they might not be stringent compared to the criteria used here.
Others who go to those countries go out of being refused admission into top ivy schools in America and the United Kingdom so they settle for the next best thing and go to such countries, the thing is that most of them still come back here to join the labour market and are even given preference by some biased employers who offer them employment because they carry 'foreign' degrees.

2 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by Obrafour(m): 7:27pm On Oct 31, 2013
Whatever that JAMB and POST-UME may mean to you Nigerians, we Ghanaians care less. We have our own
standards and we shall not share or suffer your difficulty and inability of your leaders to provide education for all Nigerians, no
blanket statement equalizing issues will be accepted.
Of course, it is no secret that the
Ghanaian system of education is the envy of all others anywhere who know its worth. Those in Nigeria trying to belittle it are wasting their time and energy, its an open secret
that most nigerians including the Operator of this Thread are unhappy about the mass movement of nigerians to study in Ghana, but why denigrate an innocent country's education system and leave out the failure of your government? We in Ghana value our educational certificate and if you feel peeved about it, I urge you to petition your authorities not to recognise Certificates from Ghana.
How many Ghanaian teachers haven't
flocked into Nigeria since the 1970s to
teach Nigerian students and help improve that system of education? Has Ghana ever had any influx of Nigerian educators?
Please, why pick on Ghana when you equally have Nigerians in other countries pursuing higher education?

39 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by Olugbenger(m): 9:28pm On Oct 31, 2013
Obrafour: Whatever that JAMB and POST-UME may mean to you Nigerians, we Ghanaians care less. We have our own
standards and we shall not share or suffer your difficulty and inability of your leaders to provide education for all Nigerians, no
blanket statement equalizing issues will be accepted.
Of course, it is no secret that the
Ghanaian system of education is the envy of all others anywhere who know its worth. Those in Nigeria trying to belittle it are wasting their time and energy, its an open secret
that most nigerians including the Operator of this Thread are unhappy about the mass movement of nigerians to study in Ghana, but why denigrate an innocent country's education system and leave out the failure of your government? We in Ghana value our educational certificate and if you feel peeved about it, I urge you to petition your authorities not to recognise Certificates from Ghana.
How many Ghanaian teachers haven't
flocked into Nigeria since the 1970s to
teach Nigerian students and help improve that system of education? Has Ghana ever had any influx of Nigerian educators?
Please, why pick on Ghana when you equally have Nigerians in other countries pursuing higher education?
Pls, What shithole educational standard are you talking about?

You mean the one that allow Individuals from Nigeria who can't sit for a basic tertiary entrance exam successfully in their own country to be admitted flawlessly?
If you are gona make silly comparisons and assumptions, at least be reasonable.

17 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 31, 2013

1 Like

Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 31, 2013
K. So what's ur point? Put another way- what do you seek with this thread?
Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by christlyke(m): 10:35pm On Oct 31, 2013
Una dy here dy argue abt ghana nd naija educational system.

Ghana try pass us shai:::mke una accept am, dooh.

PHCN wan follow ASUU strike as from 1st of nov.

No go charge ur fone if u nr get gen...Lwkm,

atleast dt 1 even knw say employers go prefer ghanian certificate to UI,Uniben,Oau certificate,....say the truth nigerians, naija is screwed...Lolzz.

N.B: my comment is opened to more criticism.

Happy Halloween,...Opps, we nr even dy celebrate am fr dis country sef...Lolzing.

8 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by Nobody: 3:39am On Nov 01, 2013
Sorry OP, if I may ask, what's your point now? Those ppl going to ghana to study should opt and stay back? Even when we are not seeing any light at the end of our tunnel(nigeria)? Like seriously, what is your point? To me, you created the right thread at the wrong time. Becos those studying in nigeria ain't doing better either, all thanks to ASUU strike though.

6 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures by tsleazy(m): 6:32am On Nov 01, 2013
Rehnoy: Sorry OP, if I may ask, what's your point now? Those ppl going to ghana to study should opt and stay back? Even when we are not seeing any light at the end of our tunnel(nigeria)? Like seriously, what is your point? To me, you created the right thread at the wrong time. Becos those studying in nigeria ain't doing better either, all thanks to ASUU strike though.
he didnt ask any1 to come back or not travel....the Ghana ur talking about, went on a 2yr strike b4 becoming what they are today...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Novena University Admissions In Delta State / Ihuoma Ikoro Graduates With First Class From University Of Debrecen Hungary / Offhand Or Offhead Which Is Correct

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.