Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Should Keshi Invite Iheanacho To The Super Eagles Squad? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Should Keshi Invite Iheanacho To The Super Eagles Squad? (1412 Views)

List Of Super Eagles Squad for Egypt Game / Emenike Rejects Invitation Back To The Super Eagles Squad / Kelechi Iheanacho To Sign For Manchester City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Keshi Invite Iheanacho To The Super Eagles Squad? by Hakim27: 12:35am On Oct 31, 2013
No age is too young to go to the world cup ....pele was 17 years old when he won the world cup in 1958
Re: Should Keshi Invite Iheanacho To The Super Eagles Squad? by Jeel: 4:02am On Oct 31, 2013
Yes. At least to boost his morale, skills and confidence for the future
Re: Should Keshi Invite Iheanacho To The Super Eagles Squad? by RoyalRoy(m): 5:44am On Oct 31, 2013
Invite him for what?

Are you comparing soccer of 1958 to 2013?

Let him go find a good club to develop.

Super eagles indeed.
Re: Should Keshi Invite Iheanacho To The Super Eagles Squad? by lexyman(m): 9:39am On Oct 31, 2013
I know we will demolish the Ethiopians in up coming play off ....and after then the preparations will begin ... I would have love to see the lad in a friendly in the super eagles ....@ least for 20mins , he plays with both legs , but he"s better using is left leg , and his confidence in front of goal post is what matters not the age .....

If we will recall , his goal against Mexico ,that he dribbled 3 defenders shows the kind of intelligent player he"s , cos he walked in the defense of the Mexican before he finally find the net , very clinical finish! I will support if Keshi will introduce @ least one of the young player into his team .
Re: Should Keshi Invite Iheanacho To The Super Eagles Squad? by pixtuk(m): 11:29am On Oct 31, 2013
wu will be droped 4 him to play?
Re: Should Keshi Invite Iheanacho To The Super Eagles Squad? by SuyaEater(m): 4:10pm On Nov 01, 2013
pixtuk: wu will be droped 4 him to play?

ameobi
Re: Should Keshi Invite Iheanacho To The Super Eagles Squad? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Nov 01, 2013
SuyaEater:

ameobi
mba is useless
Re: Should Keshi Invite Iheanacho To The Super Eagles Squad? by lacicrips(m): 12:56am On Nov 02, 2013
I'd prefer a friendly game between the super eagles and the U17 team.
Re: Should Keshi Invite Iheanacho To The Super Eagles Squad? by SuyaEater(m): 4:13am On Nov 02, 2013
Ochillary: mba is useless

I agree
Re: Should Keshi Invite Iheanacho To The Super Eagles Squad? by RoyalRoy(m): 4:23am On Nov 02, 2013
SuyaEater:

I agree

From hero to zero!!!

SMH for Nigerians.

physical fitness is a key factor in a player's performance.
he has only been down for a while doesn't qualify him with such adjective as useless.

Hope he proves you wrong soon.
Re: Should Keshi Invite Iheanacho To The Super Eagles Squad? by Nobody: 6:38am On Nov 02, 2013
Royal Roy:

From hero to zero!!!

SMH for Nigerians.

physical fitness is a key factor in a player's performance.
he has only been down for a while doesn't qualify him with such adjective as useless.

Hope he proves you wrong soon.
did u watch the match against Jordan?
Re: Should Keshi Invite Iheanacho To The Super Eagles Squad? by Ajibel(m): 8:20am On Nov 02, 2013
Outright NO !! Leave the guy to develop by playing in the age-grade tourneys. He hasnt developed to become a SE player. There are other players better than him that are yet to be invited by keshi. Let the guy develop at his own pace with his team mates. He's fantastic cuz he plays with his age mates. Try him by playing against big players, y'all 'll quickly dismiss him. Where is STANLEY OKORO grin
Re: Should Keshi Invite Iheanacho To The Super Eagles Squad? by striker9(m): 11:30am On Nov 02, 2013
He need to focus on youth tournaments for now,maybe after U20 tournament.Keshi is the boss,he might give him a try with friendly match,age is not the main barrier but experience.
Re: Should Keshi Invite Iheanacho To The Super Eagles Squad? by ikeyman00(m): 7:52pm On Nov 02, 2013
@@@

i think he should be invited!
Re: Should Keshi Invite Iheanacho To The Super Eagles Squad? by tbaba1234: 8:00pm On Nov 02, 2013
For the training camp if /when we make the world cup. Still too raw. Just for the experience of training with the big boys.

1 Like

Re: Should Keshi Invite Iheanacho To The Super Eagles Squad? by pet7: 8:35pm On Nov 02, 2013
let him proceed to u 20 first anyone that continues to shine can now proceed to super eagles
Re: Should Keshi Invite Iheanacho To The Super Eagles Squad? by Rossikk(m): 8:38pm On Nov 02, 2013
If he's good enough, he's old enough.
Re: Should Keshi Invite Iheanacho To The Super Eagles Squad? by SuyaEater(m): 5:52am On Nov 03, 2013
Ajibel: Outright NO !! Leave the guy to develop by playing in the age-grade tourneys. He hasnt developed to become a SE player. There are other players better than him that are yet to be invited by keshi. Let the guy develop at his own pace with his team mates. He's fantastic cuz he plays with his age mates. Try him by playing against big players, y'all 'll quickly dismiss him. Where is STANLEY OKORO grin

Was pele too young when he led brazil to the world cup in 1958? Was michael owen too young when he appeared for England at the 1998 world cup at 18 years old?

Age is nothing but number....if you can play...get ur azz out there and play.....stop with this mentality.

1 Like

Re: Should Keshi Invite Iheanacho To The Super Eagles Squad? by ROCKJ1(m): 6:34am On Nov 03, 2013
By next year, he would be 18 (if not more) let him be tested with 1 or 2 friendly matches first and see how he blends with the big boys.

1 Like

Re: Should Keshi Invite Iheanacho To The Super Eagles Squad? by Ajibel(m): 4:18pm On Nov 03, 2013
SuyaEater:

Was pele too young when he led brazil to the world cup in 1958? Was michael owen too young when he appeared for England at the 1998 world cup at 18 years old?

Age is nothing but number....if you can play...get ur azz out there and play.....stop with this mentality.

mentality my _ass. Who is he better than in the SE It isnt that keshi is looking for options in the team, leave him to develop with his teammates. You just pointed at 2 players. Why didnt great players of today also graduate quickly to their senior team There's nothing bad in seeing that he plays together with his teammate and graduate to the next level with them. There are better senior players that keshi cant call not Iheanacho. His time 'll definitely come

1 Like

Re: Should Keshi Invite Iheanacho To The Super Eagles Squad? by SuyaEater(m): 12:40am On Nov 04, 2013
Ajibel:

mentality my _ass. Who is he better than in the SE It isnt that keshi is looking for options in the team, leave him to develop with his teammates. You just pointed at 2 players. Why didnt great players of today also graduate quickly to their senior team There's nothing bad in seeing that he plays together with his teammate and graduate to the next level with them. There are better senior players that keshi cant call not Iheanacho. His time 'll definitely come

What better players can keshi call?
Re: Should Keshi Invite Iheanacho To The Super Eagles Squad? by spenca: 9:57am On Nov 04, 2013
I think i prefer yahya tho
Re: Should Keshi Invite Iheanacho To The Super Eagles Squad? by fyzobaba: 3:18am On Nov 11, 2013
yes i think keshi should invite iheanacho. if at all he should invite him to go to the world cup with them if they qualify.not to play but just to sit on bench to watch hw its done in world class soccer.these re the footsteps of brazil..like bebeto in 90 worldcup.
not him alone is very gd in that team..the likes of yahaya, awoniyi, in fact all of them re gd n most important thing is that they re young.
some one mentioned stanley okoro in 2009 U17... he is gd but looks older.
my advice is that this boys dont rush and sign any stupid contract.if at all they should all stay back home n play together in local teams play together in national team n graduate to U20 together.i bet u all, they will b world stars n they will get better offer n clubs.they should look at the likes of stanley okoro,Macauley Chrisantus n co.whr are they today in one bad club or the other.
a word is ok for the wise.
my fav in 2013 U17 golden eaglets are yahaya(excellent attacking midfielder playing like zinedane zidane),alfa (small but mighty),iheanacho (star boy), awoniyi(this guy is a goal poacher) i pray he doesnt make wrong decision in his life at this time, okon, mohammed ,ezeh( looks like kanu in his days as U17).u all re good in that team, keep it up n more grease to ur elbow.love u all.
Re: Should Keshi Invite Iheanacho To The Super Eagles Squad? by SuyaEater(m): 6:42am On Nov 11, 2013
fyzobaba: yes i think keshi should invite iheanacho. if at all he should invite him to go to the world cup with them if they qualify.not to play but just to sit on bench to watch hw its done in world class soccer.these re the footsteps of brazil..like bebeto in 90 worldcup.
not him alone is very gd in that team..the likes of yahaya, awoniyi, in fact all of them re gd n most important thing is that they re young.
some one mentioned stanley okoro in 2009 U17... he is gd but looks older.
my advice is that this boys dont rush and sign any stupid contract.if at all they should all stay back home n play together in local teams play together in national team n graduate to U20 together.i bet u all, they will b world stars n they will get better offer n clubs.they should look at the likes of stanley okoro,Macauley Chrisantus n co.whr are they today in one bad club or the other.
a word is ok for the wise.
my fav in 2013 U17 golden eaglets are yahaya(excellent attacking midfielder playing like zinedane zidane),alfa (small but mighty),iheanacho (star boy), awoniyi(this guy is a goal poacher) i pray he doesnt make wrong decision in his life at this time, okon, mohammed ,ezeh( looks like kanu in his days as U17).u all re good in that team, keep it up n more grease to ur elbow.love u all.

Ronaldo was on the bench when brazil won the world cup in 1994....kaka was on the bench when brazil won it in 2002....they might not play but they might get a huge experience from it.....
Re: Should Keshi Invite Iheanacho To The Super Eagles Squad? by Davo93(m): 6:59am On Nov 11, 2013
Personally, i think inviting him to the Super Eagles team will help him big time. It will boost his moral and also charge up the players in the national team to perform better as none will like to be displaced by such a young lad. Even if he will not play, inviting him will also help his current mates to improve their games as they too will want that.

I will be glad to see him play in any of our build up games to Brazil 2014 World Cup.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Female Football Stars Looking Lovely In All White / DAMN! How Barcelona’s Unbeaten Run Could Be A Curse In Disguise / Check Out Borussia Dortmund's Customised Private Jet (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.