Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,457 members, 7,954,793 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:30 AM

Android Greedily Gulps 80% Of Market Share, Killing Symbian, And Soon Blackberry - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android Greedily Gulps 80% Of Market Share, Killing Symbian, And Soon Blackberry (884 Views)

Turn Off Whatsapp Without Turning-off Data On Your Symbian And Java Phones / Best Websites To Download Hd Symbian Games And Apps? / Market Share of Nigerian Mobile Phone Companes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Android Greedily Gulps 80% Of Market Share, Killing Symbian, And Soon Blackberry by Nobody: 5:50am On Oct 31, 2013
The latest numbers are in. As expected, Symbian has been pushed off from the charts, Blackberry now run in less that 2% of phones worldwide.

Android greedily gulps 80 of market share killing off Symbian and soon Blackberry Android greedily gulps 80% of market share, killing off Symbian, and soon Blackberry
Research by ABI Research shows that Android now dominates a new high of over 80% of the smartphone market, leaving iOS at 14% from 22.6% previously held. Windows phone OS grew a lot, improving having a 165% year-on-year growth, while having 4% for itself.

Now, apart from Android, iOS, Windows and Blackberry, the others — Symbian, Bada, Meego, Mozilla OS, webOS and what have you — were left near empty handed with just 0.3% of the market share.
http://bestmobs.com/android-greedily-gulps-80-of-market-share-killing-off-symbian-and-soon-blackberry/

1 Like

Re: Android Greedily Gulps 80% Of Market Share, Killing Symbian, And Soon Blackberry by snika: 12:42pm On Oct 31, 2013
Odikwa risky

1 Like

Re: Android Greedily Gulps 80% Of Market Share, Killing Symbian, And Soon Blackberry by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 31, 2013
snika: Odikwa risky
Abi? grin
Re: Android Greedily Gulps 80% Of Market Share, Killing Symbian, And Soon Blackberry by akwunmi(m): 7:21pm On Oct 31, 2013
wu no no go no,
android rules!!!
Re: Android Greedily Gulps 80% Of Market Share, Killing Symbian, And Soon Blackberry by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 31, 2013
haaaa omo see gobe
Re: Android Greedily Gulps 80% Of Market Share, Killing Symbian, And Soon Blackberry by Nobody: 11:58pm On Oct 31, 2013
just pray, they dont die with d same pace they rose...

#ANDROID TAKES EARTH
Re: Android Greedily Gulps 80% Of Market Share, Killing Symbian, And Soon Blackberry by Nobody: 7:36am On Nov 01, 2013
Are you still talking about Symbian that was officially laid to rest last year?
Re: Android Greedily Gulps 80% Of Market Share, Killing Symbian, And Soon Blackberry by flawless911(m): 8:19am On Nov 01, 2013
#DroidRulez
Re: Android Greedily Gulps 80% Of Market Share, Killing Symbian, And Soon Blackberry by Nobody: 9:35am On Nov 01, 2013
Do they mean the smart phone market or the phone market in general?

I'm not sure what os low-end phones like "Nokia torchlight" and the rest use, but I reckon those kind of phones have at least half of the phone market share. The billions of poor masses in Africa, India, and South-East Asia mostly use those low-end phones I guess

(1) (Reply)

Gioone Elife E7 Mini / Please Help Me On My Iphone5s / Please I Need Help On How To Unlock My Iphone 5s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.