Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,673 members, 7,820,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

UK Universities Embarks On a One-day Strike - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UK Universities Embarks On a One-day Strike (1627 Views)

Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony / UK Lecturers Embark On A 1-day Strike / UK Lecturers Embark On A Day Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: UK Universities Embarks On a One-day Strike by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 01, 2013
Bludeville:
I take it you are a student ( I am one too although postgraduate) and everytime I walk into an overcrowded classroom, I am filled with anger. Everytime I have to improvise in my practical classes, I am filled with dismay. Everytime my friends in foreign universities send me photos of their schools and their lab's and when we try to discuss and I realise how further ahead of us here in Nigeria they are, I shed tears. I have followed the ASUU strike from the beginning, I have done my research instead of relying on propaganda and blackmail that the government has used to fill the air. I know exactly what ASUU is asking for. If there is the slightest chance that this would work and improve the universities even slightly so that other students after me would have a decent chance at a better education, then I say Ride on ASUU. I'm not just looking for a paper qualification, I want a real education. You should look beyond the delay in getting that paper qualificatio. This labour market you are rushing to join won't be going anywhere. Cheers!

I totally get you ma'am. But the issue is this. ASUU is making it look as if FG hasn't made any effort since the strike action began. I agree that they had an agreement and FG didn't fulfil any part of it.

But since FG has agreed to release 100 billion this year and 200 billion consecutively for the next years.. Isn't that enough for them to call off the strike?.. The Rejuvenation of our educational sector is not something that can be done at once in as much as the damage to it wasn't done in one day.
Re: UK Universities Embarks On a One-day Strike by Davo93(m): 3:06pm On Nov 01, 2013
oluafolabi:

I totally get you ma'am. But the issue is this. ASUU is making it look as if FG hasn't made any effort since the strike action began. I agree that they had an agreement and FG didn't fulfil any part of it.

But since FG has agreed to release 100 billion this year and 200 billion consecutively for the next years.. Isn't that enough for them to call off the strike?.. The Rejuvenation of our educational sector is not something that can be done at once in as much as the damage to it wasn't done in one day.
The bolded is one of the reasons i doubt the genuineness of ASUU's alledged demands.
Re: UK Universities Embarks On a One-day Strike by Polio: 3:08pm On Nov 01, 2013
Chiamaka01:

And they will be criticising GEJ, now. mtcheew. Fresh Air Till 2019, joor.

One word, ---- Moro.....n

(1) (2) (Reply)

ASUU Gives Conditions To End Strike (read) / Jamb 2015 Examination Preparation Help / How Thesis Writing Service Reviews Helps Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.