Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,606 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Al-fitra. So What More Do You Need? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Al-fitra. So What More Do You Need? (1569 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Al-fitra. So What More Do You Need? by PastorAIO: 2:25pm On Jul 10, 2008
A sallam aleikum my muslim friends. I have a few questions for you. I especially hope that Olabowale will be able contribute to this.

I have only recently started a study of the Koran and islam in general. I have come up with a bone of contention. The 5 pillars. Why the emphasis on these ostensible actions? I thought a pillar was a construct designed to hold up an edifice. What can these 5 pillars hold up? Surely not Islam (ie. submission).

First the Shahadah. I declare that there is no God but Allah and muhammad is his prophet. Anybody can make this declaration without it amounting to nada. Indeed al-baqarah verse 8 states that "and of the people are some who say, 'we believe in Allah and the last day,' but they are not believers".

And the Salah? Who can not go through the motions of that?

Zakah? Many atheists are philanthropists.

Sawm. Many People are already doing this not even by choice.

Hajj: If Hajj was a pillar that could hold up anything then all those alhaji and alhajas in nigeria would be exemplary citizens.

Shouldn't Islam be based on One Pillar and One pillar only. Namely Al-fitra. Is this not the perfect prayer, worship and obedience to God there could ever be? Is this not the essence of Islam?
“See you not that it is God Whose praises are celebrated by all beings in the heavens and on earth, and by the birds with extended wings? Each one knows its prayer and glorification; And God is aware of what they do.” An-Nur vs.41

Is it not true that we are born in this state? That the animals are in this state ( the flying birds as the koran says are already there). As long as birds fly and don't try to bark like dogs they are in the state of Islam. It is my belief that every human being has a blueprint, or a script of his life as it were that is the law that God has laid down for him to live by. It is the purpose of religion to discover, or rather rediscover that Essence and adhere to it like your life depended on it and indeed your life does depend on it. I do not know of any religion anywhere in the world that doesn't teach this. There are many that de-emphasise it but if you research deeply enough you will find that that is at the core and essence of the religion. The Return to Essential nature is the core of Religion.
“So direct your face towards the religion, inclining to Truth. Adhere to the Fitra of Allah upon which he has created all people. NO CHANGE should there by in the creation of Allah. [b] That is the CORRECT RELIGIO[/b]N but most of the people do not know.” Ar-Rum vs.30

Nobody can fake the Adherence to Fitra. That is between man and God and if a person is not aligned to his true nature the consequences are immediate and obvious. I am of the understanding that the 5 pillars are not even in the quran. I need someone to explain to me what exactly the Al-hadith is and on what is it's authority based?
Will the 5 pillars really bring you closer to Al-fitra, which the koran calls the 'Correct religion'? Can they not indeed even serve as a substitute for al-fitra/truth whereby a person thinks that he is doing all that is required merely by following the motions of the 5 pillars? Please share your thoughts with me.
Re: Al-fitra. So What More Do You Need? by Mustay(m): 5:54pm On Jul 10, 2008
Pastor AIO:

I have only recently started a study of the Koran and islam in general. I have come up with a bone of contention. The 5 pillars. Why the emphasis on these ostensible actions? I thought a pillar was a construct designed to hold up an edifice. What can these 5 pillars hold up? Surely not Islam (ie. submission).

First the Shahadah. I declare that there is no God but Allah and muhammad is his prophet. Anybody can make this declaration without it amounting to nada. Indeed al-baqarah verse 8 states that "and of the people are some who say, 'we believe in Allah and the last day,' but they are not believers".

The complete statement of the creed of the Muslim is:
"Ash-shadu anna Laa elaha illa lah. Ash-shadu anna Muhammadar Rasoolulah."
(I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship except Allah and I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and messenger).

Every Muslim has been taught that the key to "Jennah" (Paradise) is the statement in Arabic:
"Laa illaha illa lah." (There is none worthy of worship except Allah.)

Yet too many Muslims simply rely upon this statement and believe that as long as they have made this statement, nothing will harm them. They think they will be granted Paradise because of this mere verbal statement of the Shahadah.

There is no question that the mere saying of the shahadah: "I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship except Allah and I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and messenger" is not sufficient for salvation. In fact, the munafiqeen ( hypocrites) used to make this statement quite often yet Allah describes them as liars and says that they shall abide in the lowest abyss of the Hell-fire.

There are seven critical conditions of the Shahadah, without which it is considered to be meaningless:[citation needed]

* Al-`Ilm: Knowledge of the meaning of the Shahadah, its negation and affirmation.
* Al-Yaqeen: Certainty – perfect knowledge of it that counteracts suspicion and doubt.
* Al-Ikhlaas: Sincerity which negates shirk.
* Al-Sidq: Truthfulness that permits neither falsehood nor hypocrisy.
* Al-Mahabbah: Love of the Shahadah and its meaning, and being happy with it.
* Al-Inqiad: Submission to its rightful requirements, which are the duties that must be performed with sincerity to God (alone) seeking His pleasure.
* Al-Qubool: Acceptance that contradicts rejection.
Re: Al-fitra. So What More Do You Need? by PastorAIO: 6:29pm On Jul 10, 2008

There are seven critical conditions  of the Shahadah, without which it is considered to be meaningless:[citation needed]

* Al-`Ilm: Knowledge of the meaning of the Shahadah, its negation and affirmation.
    * Al-Yaqeen: Certainty – perfect knowledge of it that counteracts suspicion and doubt.
    * Al-Ikhlaas: Sincerity which negates shirk.
    * Al-Sidq: Truthfulness that permits neither falsehood nor hypocrisy.
    * Al-Mahabbah: Love of the Shahadah and its meaning, and being happy with it.
    * Al-Inqiad: Submission to its rightful requirements, which are the duties that must be performed with sincerity to God (alone) seeking His pleasure.
    * Al-Qubool: Acceptance that contradicts rejection.

Indeed, but can we not distill this further to the point where we can declare not only that we KNOW, are CERTAIN, are SINCERE etc etc the shahadah, but also that we Practice the essence of the Shahadah.

In other words going beyond the concept which we might or might not accept cerebrally to the actually practice of solely worshipping God and only God.  In other words carrying out that practice and that discipline which God himself has declared to be his true worship.  Namely the adherence to Al Fitra.  What other worship is acceptable?  What other prayer is acceptable?  If the birds and the beasts are doing it and we are not, then surely they are more blessed than we are. 
Sooo much more blessed and without a neo-cortex with which to do conceptual gymnastics and debating society.
Re: Al-fitra. So What More Do You Need? by olabowale(m): 7:40pm On Jul 10, 2008
@Pastor AIO:

A sallam aleikum my muslim friends. I have a few questions for you. I especially hope that Olabowale will be able contribute to this.

The 5 Pillars holds you, the creation, who claims to be a muslim up. For if you negate anyone of them, you are no more a muslim. But each of them is a complex and complete entity of its own.

This is the essential, and the key to entering the doorway of Islam. As Mustay have alluded to above, it is a complex ingredient of Islamic belief. It is what the person who is coming into Islam says from his/her being, both body and soul from the heart with the tongue and lips, witnessed by people. He/she will have therefore the full right, as a person born into Islam and never had gotten out of it, at anytime. But the Shahadah is repeated when calls, the big and the small ones are made for prayers. In every prayer, it is said as well. Therefore, Shahadah is repeated throughout ones lifetime.

This first pillar has over 70 facets or parts. The smallest is the act of kindness and good deeds, as little as a mere removal of stones from the pathway, so that no one is injured or hurt by it. And you have rightly pointed out a hypocrite will make this simple statement from the lips alone, as a show, but it will be devoid of sincerity. But God Almighty Allah knows them and this is why they are within the ranks of the muslims andnot from the open disbelievers.

And the Salah? Who can not go through the motions of that?

But sincerity of the soul, heart is what is required. Making it in its time, with hope of it being accepted by Allah is essential. For the hypocrites, it is without sincerity and lacks its true purpose. Allah's messenger (as), says Salah is like taking a bath to rid the body off dirts.

Zakah? Many atheists are philanthropists.

The difference of that to the sincere believer is the believer does it because God commands. It is not for a show of I have more wealth than you, so I am gracious in generousity to give you a handout! Everything in Islam has its purpose. One of the purposes is to purify your heart from too much attachment to the worldly things.

Sawm. Many People are already doing this not even by choice.

But how many who can have whatever they want in foods and drinks, will forgo it? Starving themselves because a Lord that is never seen by man, a being that pride himself on seeing first before believing, ordered them? Not only the foods and drinks, but they forgo all the things of nafs, sexual desire, etc. These is the case in Islam. A person who by necessity is forced to not eat, is not fasting. fasting is when you make the intention not to eat, drink, and abstain from all the delights of the eyes, during the time that these things, the stimuli will be available to you.

A person who fast in the sleeping hours, eg night time is not fasting. He has to sleep anyways. But a person, who obeys the command of God to starve the body of all enjoyments during the waking hours, from before dawn to dusk (In th summertime, in the US, it is from before 3.40 am or even earlier, to 8.40 pm or even later! You can them imagine all the stimuli of sight and sound you have to avoid, yet you have to carry on with your daily livelihood. Now that is Jihad.

Hajj: If Hajj was a pillar that could hold up anything then all those alhaji and alhajas in nigeria would be exemplary citizens.

This simple statement about the nigerian Alhajis and Alhajas tells you that there is hypocracy when someone says he/she is a muslim and you find the actions being opposite of what Islam is. But the actions of a few or many or almost all or even all, should not negate the truth of a matter. Islam should be the yardstick/barometer that muslims, males and females should be judged by. Islam should not be judged by the bad actions of muslims. Interestingly, the prophets says in an ahadith that the muslims will be divided into 73 sects. All but one sect will go to hellfire, for varied length of time, until Allah wills some to be removed from it.WE should try to be in the single sect, that will not go to hell, but directly to Paradise.

That sect is strictly on Qur'an and sunnah.
Re: Al-fitra. So What More Do You Need? by PastorAIO: 7:55pm On Jul 10, 2008
But what comes first, the fitra or the 5 pillars. Is it possible to be sincere and perform the ostensible aspects with the whole being if one is not in concordance with Fitra?
Re: Al-fitra. So What More Do You Need? by babs787(m): 8:00pm On Jul 10, 2008
Pastor AIO

A sallam aleikum my muslim friends. I have a few questions for you.  I especially hope that Olabowale will be able contribute to this.  

I have only recently started a study of the Koran and islam in general.  I have come up with a bone of contention.  The 5 pillars.  Why the emphasis on these ostensible actions?  I thought a pillar was a construct designed to hold up an edifice.   What can these 5 pillars hold up?  Surely not Islam (ie. submission).

First the Shahadah.  I declare that there is no God but Allah and muhammad is his prophet. Anybody can make this declaration without it amounting to nada.  Indeed al-baqarah verse 8 states that "and of the people are some who say, 'we believe in Allah and the last day,' but they are not believers".

And the Salah?  Who can not go through the motions of that?  

Zakah?  Many atheists are philanthropists.

Sawm.  Many People are already doing this not even by choice.

Hajj:   If Hajj was a pillar that could hold up anything then all those alhaji and alhajas in nigeria would be exemplary citizens.  

Shouldn't Islam be based on One Pillar and One pillar only.  Namely Al-fitra.  Is this not the perfect prayer, worship and obedience to God there could ever be?  Is this not the essence of Islam?
“See you not that it is God Whose praises are celebrated by all beings in the heavens and on earth, and by the birds with extended wings?  Each one knows its prayer and glorification; And God is aware of what they do.”  An-Nur vs.41

Is it not true that we are born in this state?  That the animals are in this state ( the flying birds as the koran says are already there).  As long as birds fly and don't try to bark like dogs they are in the state of Islam.  It is my belief that every human being has a blueprint, or a script of his life as it were that is the law that God has laid down for him to live by.  It is the purpose of religion to discover, or rather rediscover that Essence and adhere to it like your life depended on it and indeed your life does depend on it.  I do not know of any religion anywhere in the world that doesn't teach this.  There are many that de-emphasise it but if you research deeply enough you will find that that is at the core and essence of the religion.  The Return to Essential nature is the core of Religion.
“So direct your face towards the religion, inclining to Truth. Adhere to the Fitra of Allah upon which he has created all people.  NO CHANGE should there by in the creation of Allah. That is the CORRECT RELIGION but most of the people do not know.” Ar-Rum vs.30

Nobody can fake the Adherence to Fitra.  That is between man and God and if a person is not aligned to his true nature the consequences are immediate and obvious. I am of the understanding that the 5 pillars are not even in the quran.  I need someone to explain to me what exactly the Al-hadith is and on what is it's authority based?  
Will the 5 pillars really bring you closer to Al-fitra, which the koran calls the 'Correct religion'?  Can they not indeed even serve as a substitute for al-fitra/truth whereby a person thinks that he is doing all that is required merely by following the motions of the 5 pillars?  Please share your thoughts with me.

Thanks for the question Pastor AIO. I am even for your reading the Quran and you should feel free to ask any question.I have decided to give you part of my response from one of the threads (salvation in Islam) because it answers most of your highlighted post. Take time to read and when you are through, I will welcome any question from you.

Salvation can be found only in Islam. It is the religion of nature and the only religion that Allah recognizes and going to accept from mankind.

Quran 3 v 85: If anyone desires a religion other than Islam, never will it be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter, he will be in the ranks of those who have lost.

Quran 3 v 91;Truly, the religion with Allah is Islam. Those who were given the Scriptures (Jews and Christians) did not differ except, out of mutual jealousy, after knowledge had come to them. And whoever disbelieves in th Ayat (proofs, evidences, signs, revelations etc) of Allah, then surely, Allah is swift in caling to account.

Other religions derive their names after their leaders eg chris – Christian, budha – budhaism, tao – Taoism, sango – onisango, oshun – oloshun etc but the name Islam is given by Allah thus:

Quran 5 v 3 …This day! I have perfected your religion, completed my favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.

Quran 22 v 78: …It is he who named you Muslims both before and in this (the Quran), that the Messenger (Muhammed saw) may be a witness over you and you be witness over mankind.

Salvation is found alone by being a muslim. There is nothing as good as sleeping as muslim in the night and waking up as a muslim in the following morning. The Holy Prophet said that all muslims will enter paradise except those that refuse. When asked that who are those that will refuse? He said those that will refuse are those that do not follow the Quran and the Sunnah.

In getting salvation, one need to first understand why man is created. Allah tells us in the Holy Quran thus:

Quran 51 v 56: And I (Allah) created not the Jinn and mankind except that they should worship me (alone).

From the above verse, it can be seen that Allah created us solely for the purpose of worshipping Him, meaning that you cannot get salvation without worshipping Him which is the essence of creating mankind. The next question is how do we worship Him? we worship Him only through Solat (Prayer)

Quran 4 v 103: When you have finished As-Salat (the congregational prayer), remember Allah standing, sitting down, and (lying down) on your sides, but when you are free from danger, perform As-Salat, verily As-Salat (the prayer) is enjoined on the believers at fixed hours.

Quran 24 v 56: And perform As-Salat (the prayer) and give Zakat and obey the Messenger that you may receive mercy.[b][/b]

Quran 5 v 6: O you who believe! When you intend to offer As-Salat (the prayer), wash your faces and your hands (forearms) up to the elbows, rub (by passing wet hands over) your heads, and (wash) your feet up to the ankles. If you are in a state of Janabah ( i.e after a sexual discharge), purify yourselves (bathe your whole body). But if you are ill or on a journey, or any of you comes after answering the call of nature, or you have been in contact with women (i.e sexual intercourse), and you find no water, then perform Tayammum with clean earth and rub therewith your faces and hands. Allah does not want to place you in difficulty, but He wants to purify you, and to complete His favour to you that you may be thankful.

# The superiority of ablution, and Al-Ghurr-Ul-Muhajjalun (the parts of the body of the Muslims washed in ablution will shine on the Day of Resurrection and the Angels will call them by that name) from the traces of ablution

# Narrated Nu’aim Al-Mujmir: Once I went up the roof of the Mosque along with Abu Hurrairah (RA). He performed ablution and said, ‘I heard the prophet (saw) saying, “on the Day of Resurrection, my followers will be called Al-Ghurr-Ul-Muhajjalun from the traces of ablution and whoever can increase the are of his radiance should do so (by performing ablution in the most perfect manner)

# The prophet did not increase the area more than what is washed of the body parts while doinbg ablution as Allah ordered to be washed in the Quran.

Tayammum: Strike your hands on the earth and then pass the palm of each on the back of the other and then blow off the dust from them and then pass (rub) them on your face.

Quran 2 v 238: Guard strictly ( five obligatory) As-Salawat (the prayers) especially the middle solat (i.e the best prayer – Asr). And stand befor Allah with obedience (and do not speak to others during the Salat (prayer).

Quran 11 v 114: And perform As-Slat at the two ends of the day and in some hours of the night (i.e the five compulsory solat. Verily, the good deeds remove the evil deeds (i.e small sins), that is a reminder (an advice) for the mindful (those who accept advice)

# Narrated Ibn Mas’us (RA). A man kissed a woman and then came to Allah Messenger and told him that. So this Divine Revelation was revealed to the prophet “the good deeds remove the evil deeds (i.e small sins), that is a reminder (an advice) for the mindful (those who accept advice)”. The man said, ‘is this instruction for me only? The prophet said, ‘it is for all those of my followers who encounter a similar situation’

#Narrated Abu Dhar (RA)  Allah’s Messenger said to me (a) be afraid of Allah and keep your duty to Him wherever you may be (b) and follow up the evil deeds with the good deeds, verily, the good deeds remove (blot out) the evil deeds (c) and (treat) behave with the people in a high standard of character.

Quran 17 v 78: perform As-Salat from Mid-day till the darkness of the night (i.e the Zuhr, Asr, Maghrib, Isha prayers) and recite the Quran in the early dawn (i.e the morning prayer). Verily the recitation of the Quran in the early dawn is ever witnessed (attended by the angels in chsrge of mankind of the day and night)

V 79: and in some parts of the night (also) offer the solat (prayer) with it (i.e rcite the Quran in the prayer), as an additional prayer (Thajjud optional prayer) for you (O Muhammed saw). It may be that your Lord will raise you to a station of praise and glory i.e th honour of intercession on the Day of Resurrection.

(a)

Narrated by Ibn Umar: On the Day of Resurrection, the people will fall on their knees and every nation will follow their prophet and they will say, o-so-and-so! Intercede (for us with Allah)”, till the (right of) intercession will be given to the Prophet (saw) and that will be the day when Allah will raise him to a station of praise and glory i.e the honour of intercession

(b)

Narrated Jabir bin Abdullah. Alla’s Messenger said, ‘whoever after listening to the Adhan (call for the prayer) says, ‘O Allah, the Lord of the complete call and of this prayer, which is going to be established. Give Muhammed Al-Wasilah and Al-Fdilah and raise him to a station of intercession for him on the Day of Resurrection.

Al-Wasilah is the highest position in Paradise which is granted to the prophet Muhammed particularly. Al-Fadilah is the extra degree of honour which is bestowed in him above all creation.

Quran 20 v 30: So bear patiently (O Muhammed) what they say, and glorify the praises of your Lord before the rising of the sun, and before its setting, and during some hours of the night, and at the ends of the day (an indication for the five compulsory congregational prayers) that you may become pleased with the reward which Allah shall give you.

Quran 2 v 277: Truly, those who believe and do deeds of righteousness and perform As-Salat and give Zakat, they will have their reward with their Lord. On them shall be no fear , nor shall they grieve.

Quran 8 v 2: The believers are only those who, when Allah is mentioned, feel a fear in their hearts and when this verse (this Quran) are recited unto them, they (i.e the verses) increase their faith, and they put their trust in their Lord (alone)

V 3: who perfom As-Salat, spend out of what we have provided them.

V 4: It is they who are the believers in truth. For them are grade of dignity with their Lord, and forgiveness and a generous provision (paradise)

Quran 9 v 71: The believers, men and women, are helpers, supporters, friends, protectors of one another, they enjoin on the people Islamic monotheism and all that Islam orders one to do and forbid people from Polytheism and disbelief of all kinds, and all that Islam has forbidden, they perform As-Salat and give Zakat, and obey Allah and His Messenger. Allah will have His mercy on them. Surely, Allah is All-Mighty, All-Wise.

Quran 27 v 1-3; …These are the verses of the Quran and (it is) a Book (that makes things) clear.

V 2; A guide (to the Right Path) and glad tidings for thr believers (who believe in the oneness of Allah)

V 3: Those who perform As-Salat and give Zakat and they believe with certainty in the Hereafter (resurrectin, recompense of their good and bad deeds, Paradise and Hell).

Quran 31 v 2-5; These are the verses of the Wise Book (the Quran)

V 3: A guide and a mercy for the good doers

V 4: Those who perform As-Salat and give Zakat and they have faith in the Hereafter with certainty.

V 5: Such are the guidance from their Lord, and such are the successful

Quran 4 v 103: …Salat is enjoined on all believers at fixed hours.

Muslim relates on the authority of Uthman (RA) that the prophet said, “whenever an obligatory solat-time comes to any Muslim, and he carries out his ablution, his humility and his bowing properly, these things atone for all his previous sins [with the exception of mortal ones], and this holds true for all time.

After faith in God, which releases one from unbelief, there is no act of worship finer and mor exalted than the solat, the abandonment of which God’s messenger termed unbelief.

Quran 3 v 31: Say (O Muhammed saw) to mankind, ‘If you (really) love Allah, then follow me (i.e Islamic monotheism, follow the Quran and the Sunnah), Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, most Merciful.

Quran 2 v 186: And when my slaves ask you (O Muhammed) concerning me, then (answer them), I am indeed near (to them by my knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey me and believe in Me, so that thy may be led aright.

# Narrated  Abu Hurrairah: Allah’s Messenger said, ‘ I will declare war against him who shows hostility to a pious worshipper of mine. And the most beloved things with which my slaves come nearer to me, is what I have enjoined upon him, and my slaves keep on coming closer to Me through performing Nawafil (praying or doing extra deeds besides what is obligatory) till I love him. Then I become his sense of hearing with which he hears and his sense of sigh with which he sees and his hand with which he asks for my protection (refuge). I will protect him (i.e give him my refuge) and I do not hesitate to do anything as I hesitate to take the soul of the believer, for he hates death and I hate to disappoint him.

Quran 8 v 29: O you who believe! If you obey and fear Allah, He will grant you Furqan (criterion to judge between right and wrong) or Makhraj (i.e a way for you to get out from every difficulty) and will expiate for you your sins, and forgive you. And Allah is the owner of the Great Bounty.

In addition, Allah in some verses apart from the above, tells us the qualities of a believer and the reward for such a believer whch is paradise.

Quran 2 v 2-5: This is the Book (the Quran), whereof there is no doubt, a guidance to those who are the pious and righteous, who fear Allah much (abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds which He has forbidden) and love Allah much (perform all kinds of good deeds which he has ordained)

V 3: Who believe in the Ghaub (unseen i.e Belief in Allah, Angels, Holy Books, Allah’s Messengers, Day of Resurrection and All-Qadar) and perform  As-Salat  and spend out of what we have provided for them (i.e give Zakat, spend on themselves, their parents, children, wives etc and also give charity to the poor and also in Allah’s cause – Jihad)

V 4: And who believe in (the Quran and th Sunnah) which has been sent down to you (the Torah and the Gospels) and they believe with certainty in the Hereafter (Resurrection, recompense of their good and bad deeds, Paradise and Hell).

V 5: They are in (true) guidance from their Lord, and they are the successful!

Quran 33 v 47: And announce to the believers (in the oneness of Allah and in His Messenger) the glad tidings, that they will have from Allah a Great Bounty.

From the above verses, it is seen that there is no paradise for a non-muslim and the only way you can gain salvation/paradise is be becoming a muslim. In all honesty, it will be very hard for muslims to enter hell and very easy for them to go to paradise. In solat alone, you have 27 times reward in a congregational prayer, we pray 5 times daily (excluding the Nawafil) which is supposed to be 50 daily prayers but Muhammed (saw) got it reduced by Allah from 50 to 5 through Moses. Allah then said that the reward for the 5 daily prayers will be the reward for the 50 prayers given earlier. Now using human calculation, we have 50 (27 x number of rewards per day), and we still have superogatory prayers too in which only Allah knows how He will calculate the reward.

Every man has two angels, one by his right and the other by his left. If he does a good deed, the angel on the right hand rushes and write it for him as 10 deeds, while if the man does a bad deed, Allah grants him time to repent until the scribe register the sin in his name. The prophet said, ‘the scribe on the left hand delays registering the sin of a Muslim for six hours. If he repents (within the six hours) and seeks Allah’s forgivennes, the sin is dropped off. If he doesn’t, it is written down for him as a single sin”. But even if it is registered, if the man repents sincerely before that hour (appearance of death), the sin is taken off the records then.

Furthermore, we have the branches of faith too in which the highest and the best is to declare tha tthere is no god but Allah and the lowest is to remove something harmful from the road. Shyness too is a branch of faith.

Muslims relates hadith on the authority of Uthman ibn Affan, ‘whoever dies knowing that there is no deity but Allah shall enter into Paradise.

This may of course, be after a period of punishment in Hell, in proportion to one’s sin]

It is God’s will that all people shall have the possibility of salvation, He has sent Prophets to every nation

Quran 13 v 77: For every nation there has been a guide
Quran 35 v 24: There is not a single community among whom a warner has not passed.

We do not know about all of them but

Quran 4 v 164: Some Messengers, we have spoken to you, and others we haven’t

As time passes, the original message of each prophet is distorted or lost entirely, and it becomes necessary for a new prophet to appear. Since Islam is the last religion, God has preserved its message from corruption: the doctrines, social attitudes, and methods of worship which Muslims recognize today are the same as those taught by the prophets.

I have talked on the reward for Solat, and believing in the oneness of Allah, so I will now move to Zakat

Quran 98 v 5: They were enjoined only to worship Alah, sincere in their faith in Him alone and of upright religion and to establish the Solat and the Zakat. Such is the upright religion.

# For anyone why pays Zakat on his asstes, he will be removed from the evil in thm (purify their wealth)

# I swear upon three things: Allah does not equate one who has a portion in Islam with one who does not. The portions are prayer; fasting and Zakat.

The cornerstone of the Islamic economic system is the Zakat. In an authentically Muslim society, the level of government intervention is insignificant by comparison with the situation under secular materialism, whether socialist or capitalist, since a society whose members know that they are answerable to God is largely self-regulating, spontaneous charity, channeled particularly through the family structure, renders poverty and homelessness a rarity. Nonetheless, the small levy called Zakat is taken from certain categories of liquid and investment assets, to provide for those whose families are for whatever reason – unable to support them. These funds are also used for purposes such as the liberation of slaves, and returning impoverished travelers to their countries of origin.

On fasting

Whoever fasts in the month of Ramadhan, obeying all of its limitations and guarding himself against what is forbidden, has in fact atoned for any sins he committed before it.

Whoever fasts in the month of Ramadhan with faith and seeks Allah’s pleasure and reward will have his previous sins forgiven

Muslims fast on Mondays because the prophet do fast on Mondays, it’s the day he was born and there is reward for fasting on that day.

Muslims fast on Thursdays too because the prophet fasts on Thursdays, it’s the day he received salvation, etc and there is reward for it.

Also during the month of Ramadhan, there is a particular night called Night of Majesty in which the Holy Quran was revealed. Any action done therein is better than 1,000 months. So if you are able to witness that day, that day alone is enough for you to gain paradise because you may not be able to do any deeds that will have the same reward as the 1,000 months. Besides there is no assurance that one may live up to 1,000 months with his/her present age.

In addition, fasting for 6 days in the month of Shaban (the month after Ramadhan) will be like you have fasted for a year and earn reward for same.

On pilgrimage to Mecca

The reward for Hajj is Paradise.

Hajj removes all sins committed before and returns someone as a new born baby.

We also learnt that all the prophets right from to the last prophet (saw) came with one religion, one message which is the Islam and ones of Allah. Let us ask ourselves a question: can God give two prophets two different religions? No far from that, Allah made it known that all the prophets came with the same religion which is Islam. Their coming and going is like a baton in which a prophets takes over from another with the same message.

[b]Quran 42 v 13: He (Allah) has ordained for you the same religion (Islamic monotheism) which He ordained for Noah, and that which we have revealed to you (O Muhammed saw) and that which we ordained for Abraham, Moses, and Jesus saying YOU SHOULD ESTABLISH RELIGION (i.e to do what it orders you to do practically) AND MAKE NO DIVISIONS IN IT (religion)

Quran 2 v 130: And who turns away from the religion of Abraham (Islamic monotheism) except him who befols himself. Truly, we chose him in this world and verily in the Hereafter, he will be among the righteous.

V 131: When His Lord said to him, ‘submit (i.e be a muslim). He said, ‘I have submitted myself (as a muslim) to the Lord of the mankind, jinn and all that exists.

V 132: And this (submission to Allah, Islam) was enjoined by Abraham upon his sons and by Jacob (saying), ‘o my sons! Allah has chosen for you the (true) religion, then die not except in the faith of Islam (as muslims)

V 135: And they say, ‘be jews or Christians, then you be guided’. Say (to them O Muhammed saw), ‘nay, (we follow) only the religion of Abraham (Islam) to worship none but Allah and he was not one of the Mushrikin.

V 136: Say (O Muslims), ‘we believe in Allah and that which has been sent down to us and that which has been sent down to Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob and to Al-Asbat (the offspring of the twelve sons of Jacob) and that which has been given to Moses and Jesus and that which has been given to the Prophets from their Lord, WE MAKE NO DISTINCTION BETWEEN ANY OF THEM and to Him we have submitted (IN ISLAM).

Quran 3 v 83: Do they seek other than the religion of Allah (Islam) while in Him submitted all creatures in the heavens and the earth, willingly or unwillingly. And to Him shall they all be returned.

V 84: Say (O Muhammed saw), ‘we believe in Allah and in what has been sent down to us, and what was sent down to Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, and the offspring of the tweve sons of Jacob and what was given to Moses, Jesus and the Prophets from their Lord. WE MAKE NO DISTINCTION BETWEEN ONE ANOTHER AMONG THEM and to Him 9Allah) we have submitted (in Islam).[/b]

Muhammed is the last and the seal of all prophets in which no prophet will come after him and no book will be revealed after him.

Quran 33 v 40: Muhammed (saw) is not the father of any of your men, but he is the Messenger of Allah and the last (end) of the prophets. And Allah is Ever-All Aware of everything.
Re: Al-fitra. So What More Do You Need? by olabowale(m): 8:03pm On Jul 10, 2008
@Pastor AIO:

Shouldn't Islam be based on One Pillar and One pillar only.  Namely Al-fitra.  Is this not the perfect prayer, worship and obedience to God there could ever be?  Is this not the essence of Islam?
“See you not that it is God Whose praises are celebrated by all beings in the heavens and on earth, and by the birds with extended wings?  Each one knows its prayer and glorification; And God is aware of what they do.”  An-Nur vs.41

What is Al Fitra? It is the natural instinct in creation. What the creation should be inclined to do. For example, at night the body will be inclined to sleep. It is wired to do that. Many people may therefore decide to deviate from the natural time to sleep. They then orientate themselves to sleep at other times. But they still sleep but not the time alotted for it.

Fitra is therefore inclination to do something. Al Fitra is the proper obedience to the nature of worshipping mechanism that Allah has installed in us. This worship, as God has created us as Hanifs, we are therefore hanifan or Hunafa with monotheistic belief!

Allah says in Chapter 7; 172 that Mankind has testified to His Lordship, when He gathered us as children of Adams (Still we were in the spiritual realm, as souls). Also in Chapter 51; 56, we are told that we are created for a single purpose, to worship Him, alone. Both of these verses above, give support and full agreement to Nur verse 41 that you have quoted. We must never therefore forget that we should not be a servant who serves hypocritically, or refuses to serve Him. We should not associate partnership with Him in our service, in any form.  True worship is Islam as Hunafa in the line of all hanifan (Ibrahim is a good example), sincere in our doing deed for Allah sake alone, performing all our required obligations, eg salah with sincere soul and heart and obedience to Him as protection from His punishment.
Re: Al-fitra. So What More Do You Need? by javalove(m): 8:30pm On Jul 10, 2008
@olabowale

i enjoy reading ur replies. they r soo informing! may Allah continue to increase u in knowledge
Re: Al-fitra. So What More Do You Need? by olabowale(m): 8:56pm On Jul 10, 2008
@Pastor:

But what comes first, the fitra or the 5 pillars.  Is it possible to be sincere and perform the ostensible aspects with the whole being if one is not in concordance with Fitra?  

Fitra is comes first. It is the instinctive lifewire which Allah created man in. Doing good for His pleasure alone. Worshipping Him, alone. Longing for Him alone. The 5 Pillars are the manifestaions of this Al Fitra, if they are performed with that essential sincerity to Him, with 100% mindful of their essence. If you do these 5 pillars, as just actions, without its essence and meaning from the soul and your heart, that is hypocracy. That is not sincere Islam.

Pastor AIO: I pray that after all your research, you will privately dialogue with your Creator to lead you on the correct fitra, Al Fitra. I pray that when you see it, you will not ignore it and be arrogant with the concern for what mere mortals will say. Amin.

Is it not true that we are born in this state?  That the animals are in this state ( the flying birds as the koran says are already there).  As long as birds fly and don't try to bark like dogs they are in the state of Islam.  It is my belief that every human being has a blueprint, or a script of his life as it were that is the law that God has laid down for him to live by.  It is the purpose of religion to discover, or rather rediscover that Essence and adhere to it like your life depended on it and indeed your life does depend on it.  I do not know of any religion anywhere in the world that doesn't teach this.  There are many that de-emphasise it but if you research deeply enough you will find that that is at the core and essence of the religion.  The Return to Essential nature is the core of Religion.

You may be right that, that every religion intends to adhere to this Fitra. However, do they adhere to it in truth, when a religion sets up a partner or co equal with God. Is it alright then to that many gods and claim that you are truly worshipping One Lord God? That would be disingenous, would you not say so? How do you take gods and scholars words as equal or in place of God's clear commandments? The truth is the reality of action. Just saying it and the action is different is expression of hypocracy.

“So direct your face towards the religion, inclining to Truth. Adhere to the Fitra of Allah upon which he has created all people.  NO CHANGE should there by in the creation of Allah. That is the CORRECT RELIGION but most of the people do not know.” Ar-Rum vs.30
Nobody can fake the Adherence to Fitra.  That is between man and God and if a person is not aligned to his true nature the consequences are immediate and obvious.

When a person fails in his/her observation or sticking to the Al Fitra, the person has disregarded Allah the Almighty knowingly and consciously. The verse 30 of Surah Rum, is actually indicating that when a person sets up a partner with Allah, that person will definitely not be happy if his/her own servant claims equal share in his/her own property. If this is so, and certainly no one will be happy if a person or subordinate declares that he/she has the same right to the property of the owner. How then do we expect the condition of Allah to be less than that? Afterall, He created everything and including those whom humans associate with Him.

I am of the understanding that the 5 pillars are not even in the quran.  

Your opinion or understanding is wrong. Read Surah Baqarah. You will find, Salah, Sawm, Zakah and Hajj in there. In other surahs you will have Laa illaha ilallah. In Surah Fath verse 29, Muhammadanr Rasulullah is in there.

I need someone to explain to me what exactly the Al-hadith is and on what is it's authority based?

There are two types of Ahadith. Ahadith Qursi and the ahadith that are the speech of Muhammad (as) to explain the verses of the Qur'an. For example, Allah says make salah. But the rakah for each salah is not expalined. You will find that in the ahadith.  Everything is by the Authority of Allah, the supreme. Among mankind, the authority falls on the prophet (as). He is the receiver of all verses of the Qur'an and also the chilef slave servant that being told to do these thing and lead the true believers. He is our greatest example to follow, 100%.

Will the 5 pillars really bring you closer to Al-fitra, which the koran calls the 'Correct religion'?  Can they not indeed even serve as a substitute for al-fitra/truth whereby a person thinks that he is doing all that is required merely by following the motions of the 5 pillars?  Please share your thoughts with me.

How do you demostrate Al Fitra except by sincere obedience to Allah? Allah commands believes in Him, even though as he is Unseen. He commands in the believes of all unseens and observance of salah, and spending for his sake in what was provided for the believer. He commands fasting and hajj, as well. He commands the believe in destination and that one day, we have to meet Him. You can not observe these 5 pillars with sincere heart unless you are inclined to what your Al Fitra is truly is. Both are siblings, one never seen, while the other is the action that gives us the clue that the Fitra is correct in that person, if there is sincerity of the heart in it.
Re: Al-fitra. So What More Do You Need? by olabowale(m): 9:17pm On Jul 10, 2008
@Pastor AIO: Allah's messenger (as) concerning al Fitra, in being a hunafa states that all persons is born as a muslim, except that they turned to other religions, by their parents. The inner clock of mankind is set to the idea monotheist, then shaitan mislead and excite those who are not muslims into their religions. They have the Al Fitra in them, but it is in a sleeping state. If you do not activate what needs to be activated, it serves none of its intended purpose.

If you are not a muslim, who is sincere and inresolve inyour worship, the al Fitra is not truly tunes correctly in you.

And brother Javalove, Jazakallah khair. All praise belongs to Allah. May the blessing of Allah continue to be on His nobliest of messengers, Muhammad (as). May allah accept our good deeds and cancel all our bad deeds. I emulate the brothers and sisters here on Nairaland, who continue to strive only for the pleasure of Allah. May they be rewarded for their galant efforts. I am a witness to their struggle in the face of huge and still mounting oppositions.
Re: Al-fitra. So What More Do You Need? by PastorAIO: 9:34pm On Jul 10, 2008
Thank you everybody, for all of this
Re: Al-fitra. So What More Do You Need? by olabowale(m): 12:55pm On Jul 11, 2008
@Babs787: May Allah rewards you. You, too, Mustay. When I read your entries here, I knew am in the company of believers. You brothers bring good and sound belief and reasoning into this discussion. I am grateful that we have people like you from the nation of Nigeria. It shows that the future is bright for Islam.
Re: Al-fitra. So What More Do You Need? by littleb(m): 1:30pm On Jul 11, 2008
@ pastor AIO

Thanks for raising an issue like this. Infact, in one of my recent discussion with a student who is learning Islam, Al-fitra was the question he raised. In reality, it was duly explained as my sheikh Olabowale did. Literarily, Fitra-natural inclination. Animals have thier own differ from that of human being. As well muslims have thier own differ from non muslims. Muslim fitra: inclination to obey Allah (SWA). Thanks all
Re: Al-fitra. So What More Do You Need? by javalove(m): 1:33pm On Jul 11, 2008
May Allah reward all of you. when i read @olabowale, @mokina, @mustay, @babs or @littleeb's post, i always wish i was the one writing them wish i was as knowledgeable as u guys. May Allah grant u all Al-janah Firdaus and me too
Re: Al-fitra. So What More Do You Need? by babs787(m): 8:43pm On Jul 11, 2008
May Allah reward all of you. when i read @olabowale, @mokina, @mustay, @babs or @littleeb's post, i always wish i was the one writing them wish i was as knowledgeable as u guys. May Allah grant u all Al-janah Firdaus and me too.

Allahu Amin. I feel great. Thats Islam for you. It gives room for research and enlightenement. You study the Quran, Hadith and Sunnah and apply it daily rather than listening to what you are being told by any leader without verificaton. Islam is practical and without being biased, Islam solves whatever kinda problem one may be having.

I will die as a Muslim Insha Allah.

@Pastor AIO

Please feel free to ask any question on Islam.
Re: Al-fitra. So What More Do You Need? by PastorAIO: 3:31pm On Jul 15, 2008
olabowale:

They have the Al Fitra in them, but it is in a sleeping state. If you do not activate what needs to be activated, it serves none of its intended purpose.

What is the means of activation? There seems to be a putting the cart before the horse scenario being suggested here. What is the process or the practice that will enable the awakening of Al Fitra? For if the 5 pillars are the consequence of an awakened Al fitra then they cannot precede it. What must one do prior to the awakening that will bring about the awakening?
olabowale:

If you are not a muslim, who is sincere and inresolve inyour worship, the al Fitra is not truly tunes correctly in you.

But is it the Al Fitra that makes you a mooslim or is it being a mosslem that brings out al-fitra in you. What am I saying really is making a distinction between Religion and Worship. Religion being a practice that will put you in concordance with the Truth and Worship being the outcome of Walking in the truth. I am suggesting 3 steps in a sequence that runs like this. Religion (practice) - Realisation (Al-fitra) - True Worship (which as we said above is living in concordance to God's will for you).
Or as the quran put it:
“See you not that it is God Whose praises are celebrated by all beings in the heavens and on earth, and by the birds with extended wings? Each one knows its prayer and glorification; And God is aware of what they do.” An-Nur vs.41
John Coltrane would suggest 4 steps: Acknowledgement - Resolution - Pursuance - Psalm. These all make up A Love Supreme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMrK7564Egs

1 Like

Re: Al-fitra. So What More Do You Need? by olabowale(m): 12:01pm On Jul 16, 2008
@Pastor AIO:

What is the means of activation? There seems to be a putting the cart before the horse scenario being suggested here. What is the process or the practice that will enable the awakening of Al Fitra? For if the 5 pillars are the consequence of an awakened Al fitra then they cannot precede it. What must one do prior to the awakening that will bring about the awakening?

Activation means putting it into active state. You do what is required of actions to bring about the quantity out of dormancy, to the state, whereby the process of fulfillment, will finally be realised to completion. For example, a brilliant person who never goes to school and never reads can never unleach that dynamics of academic brilliance in him/her. Or a person who has knowledge and never acted on that knowledge, is just as if he/she never had that knowledge.

Another example is a good businessman, in theory can never make known to all who can testify to his business acumen, if he keeps his capital locked up in his safe, without yielding any financial benefits, because he refuses to be active in the financial community. Neither buying or selling anything. Finally, a seed that could become a beautiful tree, producing abundant benefits, in fruits, flowers, shades, etc, can never reach this potential, if its not planted and nurtured.

You activate your AlFitra by obeying Allah in full sincerity, of all His commandments, salah, Zakat, Siam, Hajj, and doing good and hoping in Him for your reward. Since AlFitra is always in you, something you are born with, then it is not putting the cart before the horse, by your later on in life, you reach a stage where you make salah, pay zakat, etc, the things that if you do them in full sincerity to God and expect reward from Him, alone, will demostrate in your heart, and within your community that you have this natural instinctive quantity called AlFitra!

How can a person say he is a muslim, with Good sounding AlFitra if he lives next to a Masjid, but never was in it to pray, while people see him doing all the prohibitions of Islam, at the times of prayers and other times? If he dies can he be buried by the people of that Masjid in full Islamic rites, especially if his name is paul and he has a cross hanging from his neck wen he died?

AlFitra can be awakened by hving a good and complete conscience and awareness that Allah alone is to be worshipped, in the way He prescribed His own worship. You can not make your own up, the way you want it. That will just be wrong and arrogance. In essence disagreeing with Him.

What He allows you in worship, is the only worship allowed. What He forbids you in actions of living is what is forbidden. There is no gray areas, under all its essential conditions. For example, you can not starve yourself to death if swine is the only meat available in a desert or jungle to survive on. But in the time of opulence, this same meat is completely forbidden. islam allows for easier part that preserve life, as long as it is not against the injuctions of Islam.

I remember that you asked a question sometimes about the bowing down of the Angels and the refusal of Shaitan to Adam. This goes to the fact that Allah commanded them, as He only can commands and therefore permissable as it as an obedience to Allah and not worshipping Adam. But Shaitan with bad and deceitful AlFitra, not known to the Angels, but known to Allah, before He began to create Adam and ordered that every Creation, Angels and Jinn prostrated, it was by this method that unknown in Shaitan became known to the Angels. Obedience to Allah therefore is the essential ingredient of action that awakens the pure and true AlFitra. If you dont have this ingredient, the AlFitra will wither away.

But is it the Al Fitra that makes you a mooslim or is it being a mosslem that brings out al-fitra in you. What am I saying really is making a distinction between Religion and Worship. Religion being a practice that will put you in concordance with the Truth and Worship being the outcome of Walking in the truth. I am suggesting 3 steps in a sequence that runs like this. Religion (practice) - Realisation (Al-fitra) - True Worship (which as we said above is living in concordance to God's will for you).

God's will for you is that you live a successful life, obeying His commandments. He gave you first AlFitra, by your confirming that He is your Lord God and no other god. Then He gave you the blueprint of freewill and then commands a way of worship on you, with explanation of rewards, both positive and negative. Islam is not just a religion. Its the way of worshipping God, His commands. He Allah rejects every other ways.

That rejecting was from prior to anyone ever going a different way from Islam. A demostration of that is revealing the evil in the heart of Iblis prior to him becoming known as shaitan. Allah says to the Angel community and Jinn (Iblis), I know what you don't know. Later Iblis disobey Allah's command. However, when Adam and Eve went near the tree, they later seek forgiveness, a way to correct mistakes or returning from a path that is leading to disaster.

But Iblis who became Shaitan never seek forgivenss, at anytime. Forgiveness have to be sincere. Hence those who are on the path laeding to distater will have to recognise it, and seek a sincere forgiveness and guidance from God. What you have done in your suggestion above is creating your own idea about guidance. That is wrong. Allah commands. His prophet, Muhammad (AS), whose period of prophetic office you live in demostrated how you should heed the commandments of Allah. You have no other choice. Unless arrogance.

Or as the quran put it:
John Coltrane would suggest 4 steps: Acknowledgement - Resolution - Pursuance - Psalm. These all make up A Love Supreme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMrK7564Egs

But God gave you a way, as a human to praise Him. You can not praise Him as a bird for example, because you are not a bird. Birds have no choice but to behave like birds. You have no choice but to behave like human. You follow your human pattern of worshipping Allah by obeying His commandments. He says of Islam, it is the only religion caccepable to Allah. Others are rejected. He says that He give every human the choice to accept guidance. Those who reject it and decide any other path should expect the consequences. God says that He created Jinn and man only for His service and says that he will provide sustenance for all.

Your artificial success is not tantanemous to being a person, community, society or nation of true belief. China is success without a believe in God. An indian business man is buiding his own home, costing 1 Billion USD, without nothing more than a Hindu, bowing his head to the collection of idols. Bill Gates of Microsoft does not believe God exists. All of these artificial successes are only for this world. And if Coltrane refused Islam, like Miles Davis did all his music and artistic expressions will come to zero in the day of Judgement.

1 Like

Re: Al-fitra. So What More Do You Need? by nanayisha: 11:06pm On Jul 29, 2008
Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Rahim.

Asalam Aliakum Waramatullah Wabarakatu.

First of all I have to thank You all for this wonderful forum, and all your contributions, Particularly Olabowale. May Allah increase all our knowledge. Amin.

Secondly, Pastor I would like to commend you in your efforts to research and understand Islam. May God continue to lead and increase your efforts and knowledge.

I just have a few things I would like to contribute to in this forum from my perspective regarding the issues of the 5 pillars of Islam.
To my understanding a pillar is the thing that upholds a structure. Thus, it is the support to the framework, without these pillars the framework would not be in existence or would be very weak.

Shahadah. Naturally the first Pillar and the most important, is the testament other beliefs and practices in Islam. It must be sincere, and the ultimate guidance for ones way of life. The belief and fear of one God, and that Muhammad (SAW) is his Messenger. You must be conscious of that fact all the time, thus guiding the decisions you make in your life.

Salah. Salah is intended to focus the mind on Allah; it is a personal communication with Allah, expressing gratitude and worship. According to the Qur'an, the benefit of prayer "restrains [one] from shameful and evil deeds".[Qur'an 29:40][5]. Salah is one of the physical acts of worship, and ones salah should in theory help to develop a good character.

Sawn- This is the Month that Allah as prescribed for very Muslim, regardless wether some are doing it involuntarily or not. During the month of Ramadan Muslims must abstain from food, drink, and sexual intercourse from dawn to dusk during this month, and are to be especially mindful of other sins. The fast is meant to allow Muslims to seek nearness to Allah, to express their gratitude to and dependence on him, to atone for their past sins, and to remind them of the needy. During Ramadan, Muslims are also expected to put more effort into following the teachings of Islam by refraining from violence, anger, envy, greed, lust, harsh language, gossip and to try to get along with each other better than normal. The lesson that should be learnt here, is if one can keep away from all of the above for , then it is possible to incorporate the lessons of the month into ones life on a permant basis. So it is far more than just avoiding food and drink.

Zakah. This is in essence for the Muslim who have been able to accumulate wealth. It is considered to be a personal responsibility for Muslims to ease economic hardship for others and eliminate inequality. it consists of spending a fixed portion of one's wealth for the benefit of the poor or needy, including slaves, debtors and travellers.

Hajj. Every able-bodied Muslim is obliged to make the pilgrimage to Mecca at least once in their lifetime if they can afford it. The Hajj should be an expression of devotion to Allah, not a means to gain social standing. The believer should be self-aware and examine their intentions in performing the pilgrimage. This should lead to constant striving for self-improvement.
Millions of so called hajjis in Nigeria will enter hell fire, because of their intentions and their actions after the hajj. They have not embodied the goal of what the hajj is suppose to be for them. Mere calling someone Alhaji or Alhaja does not mean anything. You need to look at the persons deeds and the sincerity to Islam. Allah know best.

Each Pillar in combination molds us towards salvation through fear of the one God and the goodness we have to humanity. If you study the old scriptures (Bible) all these acts where prescribed individually to different prophets. So they are not new acts of worship to God. It was at the time of the last Prophet Muhammad (SAW) that God consolidated them.

So we as Muslims are just following what was set by God for humanity from the beginning of time.
Re: Al-fitra. So What More Do You Need? by babs787(m): 8:04pm On Aug 03, 2008
Jazakhullah Khairan Nanayisha

I love your post cheesy
Re: Al-fitra. So What More Do You Need? by PastorAIO: 11:47am On Aug 04, 2008
Thank you Nanayisha and others. I am told that a human being is born in the state of Islam. It is only with socialisation that we deviate. So ultimately we need to REvert rather than CONvert back to islam.

Yet if a new born baby is in perfect Islam certain observations are brought to my attention.

A baby cannot make any pronouncements nor form elaborate concepts so the Shahadah is somewhat beyond it's grasp.

Neither can a baby perform Salah as stipulated.

Sawm would just be ridiculous to expect. Born a baby in the month of ramadan and if you have the heart for it try not to feed it. If you don't know what sleepless nights are you won't get a better introduction to the subject.

Zakah, well this is exempt for those who have nothing and so babies can get away with this one scotfree.

Hajj too.

So my point is that . . . Perfect moslems are being born everyday and none of them are performing any of the 5 pilllars. What is it then that puts them in such a perfect state of Islam? How do they worship God so pleasingly without performing any of these actions?
Re: Al-fitra. So What More Do You Need? by olabowale(m): 1:19pm On Aug 04, 2008
@PastorAIO: My prayer to Allah the Almighty Creator, All Forgiving, for you is that, you might have started out this thread in jest, but that you end up getting goodness of Islam from it. Perchance, you may receive guidance. Amin.

Thank you Nanayisha and others. I am told that a human being is born in the state of Islam. It is only with socialisation that we deviate. So ultimately we need to Revert rather than Convert back to islam.

Yet if a new born baby is in perfect Islam certain observations are brought to my attention.

A baby cannot make any pronouncements nor form elaborate concepts so the Shahadah is somewhat beyond it's grasp.

God says in the Qur'an that human beings while in spiritual form, after Adam was created and before Eve was swore an Oath that Allah is their Lord/God.

So when a child is born, Ahdan, a form of shahadah (Ashadu ala ilaha ilallah. Ashadu ana Muhammadanr Rasulullah) is made into the right ear.

And Iqamah is (same form of shahadah, except that qoti qamati salah, is added before the ending Allahu Akbar, Laa ilaha ilallah) is made into the left ear.

Neither can a baby perform Salah as stipulated.

The most essential element that makes a person becomes/enters Islam is Shahadah! A form of it, is the oath which every soul/human in spiritual state, before being created in the human form has taken, even before Eve was created and long before Adam and Eve were sent out of Paradise, and, descended on the earth, has made everyone acquired the Al Fitra which is the topic of this thread.

If a person dies at birth, without ever been able to reach puberty, or a man who dies, immediately, after reverting to Islam, without ever making a single salah, neither one of them will be judged based on the salah that they did not make, but the Fitra for the child and the earthly shahadah for the the grown man.

They will both inshaAllah not enter hell. If a person however makes all the salah and just say from his heart thereby rolling out of his lips that he converted out of islam, cancelling his shahadah and dies immediately, he will be judged by the cancellation of the shahadah.

He will be considered a kafir, by the community if they heard him resending the shahadah! But God knows the truth about each and all of us. Even if such a man is buried as a muslim because the community did not know that he is out of islam, Allah knows it with 100% certainty!

Finally, Salah is not obligatory nor any of the others, except from the time of puberty.

Sawm would just be ridiculous to expect. Born a baby in the month of ramadan and if you have the heart for it try not to feed it. If you don't know what sleepless nights are you won't get a better introduction to the subject.

My brother from the children of Adam, the same condition applies to Sawm as it applies to Salah above. In the case of sawm, however, it is even easier.

For a person who can not fast, therefore must feed others who are fasting, if he has the means. God does not make a burden on believer by any of the condition imposed on him, in Islam. Islam is to bring out the best quality in each of us.

Zakah, well this is exempt for those who have nothing and so babies can get away with this one scotfree.

Hajj too.

No bearer of burden is strained by a burden bigger than what he can bear. Even a person who can't hold in his waste or blows the wind, uncontrollable, is given a way out that is appropriate to his condition to perform Salah; the only one that is compulsory after shahadah to be a muslim.

So my point is that . . . Perfect moslems are being born everyday and none of them are performing any of the 5 pilllars.

Have you seen a little boy, say 13 years old who is still a ward of his parents and not been able to take care of himself, financially. becoming the legal husband of the most alluring and sort after bachelorette in the city?

Though he may be desiring her and sexually acute that he wants her, he lacks the essential ingredient as a poor boy. Therefore he can not at the moment meet her needs. Finance is the only thing that he lacks. That is enough to disqualify him from being the husband, regardless of his height, handsomeness, etc.

Now that is the same with Islam; in the case of a child, he is too young and immature to handly salah That disqualifies him to carry on any of the obligations since it entails recitations of Qur'an, etc and making the many motions that are required in Salah; quyam, rukuh, sajdah, tashahuud!

What is it then that puts them in such a perfect state of Islam?

The swearing of the Oath/Al Fitra; Oh Allah, we accept and confirm that you are Our Lord/God! That alone is sufficient. That was made by every man in the spiritual world.

Its like a marriage, immediate after the ceremony. If only one can keep up the excitement of the relationship as intensed up to the time of death, as it was when one was just through with the wedding ceremony.

That would be a perfectly ideal marriage. So you are born in a perfect state of islam because of the Oath. Keep the mind there at that pure state of Al Fitra.

How do they worship God so pleasingly without performing any of these actions?

I remeber when my boys were so young. They used to be happy when I am preparing myself for salah. They would hurriedly and giddily joined me. I never once in the days they they were babies/young children force them, but they always came. They made wudu and lined up with me to pray. They did not do the same with their Christian mother; there wasn't anything to do, anyhow.

Then PastorAIO, take a look at the fetus position in the womb. You will see how natural is it for a person to bow and prostrate the face and even croutch down. Please note that the pen of recording deeds is lifted in 3 conditions; a person sleeping, or unconscious, a mad or mental person, a child prior the age of puberty. Now you know how children could be in a state of perfect Islam, without ever making any outwardly aspects of Islam.
Re: Al-fitra. So What More Do You Need? by PastorAIO: 7:01pm On Aug 04, 2008
@PastorAIO: My prayer to Allah the Almighty Creator, All Forgiving, for you is that, you might have started out this thread in jest, but that you end up getting goodness of Islam from it. Perchance, you may receive guidance. Amin.

What have I said to suggest that I am jesting? I can't imagine. I know that my style can be somewhat light, but I don't think it can be called jesting.
Re: Al-fitra. So What More Do You Need? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 04, 2008
nanayisha:

So we as Muslims are just following what was set by God for humanity from the beginning of time.

Unless of course your own idea of "begining of time" starts from 1400 yrs ago. Pls ma'am . . . where were the "muslims" 5000yrs ago in the time of Moses doing their own pilgrimage?
Re: Al-fitra. So What More Do You Need? by littleb(m): 10:04am On Aug 05, 2008
@davidylan
Unless of course your own idea of "begining of time" starts from 1400 years ago. Please ma'am . . . where were the "muslims" 5000yrs ago in the time of Moses doing their own pilgrimage?

Then, you need to read Qur'an to see it. Was moses a christian? when the record of its existence is less than 2000yrs ago.
Re: Al-fitra. So What More Do You Need? by elctroguru(m): 11:40pm On Aug 05, 2008
I noticed sumfin here on Nairaland. David is always a problem to himself. He ask blind stupid ques most times. As far as u can access d internet urself, I'll say u're not mentally challenged but u just like 2 behave like one. David, David, I guess u're an adult. U need to fink 20 times b4 posting on dis site. Dnt fink I hate u man, I jus like u cos u're not dat inteligent. Am happy Pastor AIO has startd studying the Quran to knw more abt Islam. I'll Urge u 2 do d same so dat ur contributions will be highly welcomed here.
Re: Al-fitra. So What More Do You Need? by Nobody: 12:04am On Aug 06, 2008
littleb:

@davidylan
Then, you need to read Qur'an to see it. Was moses a christian? when the record of its existence is less than 2000yrs ago.

Was moses a moslem? How did he do his shahada since mohammad was not in existence then?
What quran did moses read? Why are the books or moses, his prophecies, his laws ABSENT from the quran?

You people are a constant sorrow to urselves.

elctroguru:

I noticed sumfin here on Nairaland. David is always a problem to himself. He ask blind stupid ques most times. As far as u can access d internet yourself, I'll say u're not mentally challenged but u just like 2 behave like one. David, David, I guess u're an adult. You need to think 20 times before posting on this site. Dnt think I hate u man, I jus like u because u're not that inteligent. Am happy Pastor AIO has startd studying the Quran to knw more about Islam. I'll Urge you to do d same so that your contributions will be highly welcomed here.

My contributions are only welcome as long as i am a muslim? shocked

But wait . . . is it a stupid question to ask if islam existed 5000 yrs ago? Its a valid question that requires a cogent answer . . . you can say "i dont know", its better than your decietful crying.
Re: Al-fitra. So What More Do You Need? by elctroguru(m): 6:25am On Aug 06, 2008
Ok David, Since u dnt knw, I'll tell u d little I knw but try & read Q
Re: Al-fitra. So What More Do You Need? by elctroguru(m): 6:42am On Aug 06, 2008
In short Davidayn, Adam was a Muslim, Moses was a Muslim, David was a Muslim, Josheph, Job, Noah and even Jesus was a Muslim. Islam was perfected in the time of Prophet Mohammad [SAW]. So dnt even doubt it .
Re: Al-fitra. So What More Do You Need? by littleb(m): 4:26pm On Aug 06, 2008
@davidylan,

Was moses a moslem? How did he do his shahada since mohammad was not in existence then?

Instead of answering the question, you turn it round. Assume you don't know. I will keep on telling you, read Quran and you will find an answer there. He was a muslim and his shahada is obvious, even in the book you are carrying. Muhammad was not in existence but moses was, who was the prophet of the period to Isreal. And i ve said it earlier in one thread, islam practiced by all these prophets before muhmmad was obediency, that is, "total submission to will of Allah" means Islam. It was completed when Muhammad came, and that sealed the emergence of prophets. Thus, Muhammad was the last prophet of Allah. or do you have any prophet after Muhammad?

What quran did moses read? Why are the books or moses, his prophecies, his laws ABSENT from the quran?

Torah was given to Moses. Maybe you tell us the book you know and things that are absent in Quran.

(1) (Reply)

Can The Evil Eye Afflict A Person? / Is Sufi Chanting Part Of Islam? / Dont Be Sad By Aaidh Ibn Abdullah Al-qarni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 234
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.