Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,729 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

"Go And Sin No More" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Go And Sin No More" (636 Views)

Coza's Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Saga: Go And Sin No More / I Have Been Arrested By The Word of God- I Sin No More! / Did Jesus For Our Sin? Which Sin? (no, Bring Your Proof If You R Truthful) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"Go And Sin No More" by damilarelr(m): 5:47am On Nov 01, 2013
I have heard some people say..'even though Jesus told the adulterous woman that He does not condemn her,..He still made sure He warned her to GO AND SIN NO MORE'!!! (John 8:11)

You see, when you look at the scriptures with a LAW mentality, all you will be seeing is DEMANDS! But when you humble yourself to view scriptures with a GRACE mentality, all you will be seeing is SUPPLIES!!! When a believer under Law reads the 'Gracious' words of Jesus in the bible, he will always term it as a 'warning'!

Now listen carefully: Jesus NEVER 'warned' that woman to...go and sin no more!!!...that statement....GO AND SIN NO MORE....was NOT a warning! It was an EMPOWERMENT!!!

It was NOT a demand on the woman! It was a supply of Grace! He NEVER meant He will condemn her if she falls into that sin again!

Now see: whenever Jesus heals a sick man, He often says...thy faith hath made thee whole; GO IN PEACE!!! (Mark 5:34, luke 7:50, luke 8:48)

Now tell me; the statement....GO IN PEACE....was it a warning or an empowerment? If the General Overseer of your church prays for you and ends with GO IN PEACE, is he warning you? Will you be fidgeting on your way home with extreme care..just because your pastor said 'go in peace'?...NO!!! I'm sure if trouble shows up on your way home, you will say: 'The man of God has said I should GO IN PEACE and I believe it, therefore I curse this challenge in the name of Jesus!..I really hope you are getting what I'm implying here!

In the same vein, when Jesus said to the adulterous woman,....GO AND SIN NO MORE, He was NOT warning her! He was simply ensuring that she understands and live in the consciousness that her sins are totally forgiven and He will NEVER condemn her!

Look at how He made the statement.John 8:10-11---...Jesus said to her, woman, where are those thine accusers? Hath no man condemned thee?...she said, No man Lord. And Jesus said unto her,....NEITHER DO I CONDEMN THEE: GO, AND SIN NO MORE!!!

It was a blessing! It was just like saying---THY FAITH (in Me) HATH MADE THEE WHOLE: GO IN PEACE!!!

You see, in the original greek translation, whenever Jesus says Go in Peace..it is actually translated as 'Go INTO peace'! It was a statement of perfection in which the sick person has his healing ESTABLISHED and PERFECTED! In the same vein, the statement Go and sin no more....was an empowerment in which the woman is declared to be ESTABLISHED in righteousness! (Isa 54:14). It means she can NO LONGER be judged as a sinner anymore!!! Hmmm....Can you see why the devil keeps misinterpreting this verse as a 'warning' to many people?

In fact, The statement..GO AND SIN NO MORE....has its full explanation in Romans 6:14! (Don't hesitate to read that verse now). Jesus simply moved that woman from LAW to GRACE!!!

Now, let it be settled in your heart that Jesus NEVER condemns believers!!! (Rom 8:1, Gal 3:13). If this statement annoys you....then you are a 'Pharisee'!!! You probably would have been among those who were eager to stone that woman but forgot they were also sinners!!!

Today, in the NAME OF JESUS CHRIST, I say unto you....GO AND SIN NO MORE! (Amen)

(1) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities, Saturday December 21st 2013 / Self Examination / A Jewish Boycott(the Truth)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.