Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Blogging! A Nice Profession Bastardized By Mediocrity - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Blogging! A Nice Profession Bastardized By Mediocrity (897 Views)

Linda Ikeji Blog: What You Must Know Before Start Blogging / 9 Important Things You Should Know Before You Start Blogging / Need A Nice And Attractive For Student Magazine. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Blogging! A Nice Profession Bastardized By Mediocrity by viviannnam: 10:14am On Nov 01, 2013
Blogging! A nice profession bastardized by mediocrity

By

Vivian Nnamah

One major element that determines the strength and depth of a blogger in this business is the ability to carve a niche through initiated themes for their blog. It won’t be news to inform you that everybody is a blogger. If you reading this and you not a blogger then you are not affected by this trend. For those caught up in the web of blogging, how many of you can boast of a thousand users? That figure is rather too much,ok, lets say five hundred users? Hmmmm, yet these bloggers have suddenly turned propagandist, spreading their stories in different website,social networks and even more popular blog than theirs without carefully appraising themselves as to know whether its a part to toll.

Do not get me wrong, blogging is good but its abuse has made it lost purpose. So many individuals delve into blogging because others are doing it and making money from it, thus failing to define what they really want. Lately there is no page you open on the internet that you won’t find one blog or the other, this fuss about blogging is ubiquitous. Although am here to address those “wanna be bloggersâ€. The failure of many bloggers to understand the nitty gritty involved in blogging has paved way for mediocrity and this is very disheartening.

You are anti-social and you own a blog with hopes that someday you will become famous please stop deceiving yourself. Part of the features of a good blogger is to post a topic that arouses your users interest to drop comments that elaborates more on the given topic. Other features includes feeds,archive,comment, oh I already mentioned that etc. It becomes even more pathetic to find bloggers sharing links of stories which are mostly stolen, pardon me, but I just have to speak my mind based on observations.

The truth is most people do not have the onions to become successful bloogers. However,Linda Ikeji is an exceptional Nigerian blogger who found her feet years back and is making cool money from blogging. This lady is very hardworking, resilient, smart and strives for excellence at what she does. Little wonder why many so called blogygers visit her blog to copy and paste her stories. My annoyance is, having moved a story, you the blogger, leaves it unedited that’s the greatest height of unprofessionalism.

Originality should be a bedrock foundation for any blogger. Enough of these imitations, we are tired of reading the same story word for word. Most bloggers contradict their themes. For instance a blogger has a theme on politics but digresses more on fashion and style or entertainment. C’mon are you kidding me is it compulsory to be a blogger? Yesterday I received a link from a blogger putting up 4-5lines of a post and I scrolled down to realized that there was not a single comment. No one visits that blog yet the blogger keeps writing. I know Rome was not built in a day but they took a bold step in achieving what they later called the Roman empire.

Some bloggers have no form of awareness,no publicity,no marketing gimmicks for companies to place their advertisement and you expect traffic to be on your blog. To make blogging a nice profession it requires better ways to attract people to your blog though I am not in the best position to give those tips but you can learn from the famous bloggers.

Here is a piece of advice for the bloggers that are zealous and want to make a profession from it. Do not start blogging with the mind set of making money at the beginning of it. Once you are good you are good. The money will surely come afterwards when you have laboured for it. Another key thing is to have love/passion for what you do and do it well. More importantly is to go the extra mile to get grounded informations and stand out from the next blog.

This write up falls strictly on the Nigerian people especially the youth.

Vivian Nnamah wrote via V4vinnam@yahoo.com

Let the Sane take charge of Affairs…
Re: Blogging! A Nice Profession Bastardized By Mediocrity by Nobody: 11:16am On Nov 01, 2013
@OP: Great topic. Thumbs up.

(1) (Reply)

Face Of Rhodies World Season 3: Second Week Of Eviction – 5 Contestants Evicted. / Only 38 Out 300 Female SS1 Students Who Are Probably All Under 15 Yrs Are Virgin / Where Is "Id-on-the Street"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.