Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,091 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

I Need Your Advice On Geology/geophysics Skills - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Need Your Advice On Geology/geophysics Skills (1839 Views)

Career In Geosciences (geology, Geophysics, Mining, Petroleum Engineer) / Difficulties In Getting Job With Degree In Geology And Geophysics In Nigeria / Difficulties In Getting Job With Degree In Geology And Geophysics In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Your Advice On Geology/geophysics Skills by Saryea83: 3:54pm On Nov 01, 2013
Re: I Need Your Advice On Geology/geophysics Skills by Saryea83: 10:21am On Nov 02, 2013
Seriously need ur contributions pls!
Skills obtainable in the area of geology/geophysics and where it can be acquired!
Re: I Need Your Advice On Geology/geophysics Skills by garbigarba: 9:28pm On Nov 02, 2013
Try learning to use some software a on your own… the internet is a really big learning tool, make use of it.

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice On Geology/geophysics Skills by Johnolis(m): 11:12pm On Nov 02, 2013
I think u may improve or acquire some skills in GIS.Learn how to use related softwares in this field and other relevant softwares.the world is now going computerized.i suggest u start with google earth and ArcGIS 9.3.I have the setups for these two softwares.,just that they are quite expensive to get and install.
Re: I Need Your Advice On Geology/geophysics Skills by Saryea83: 6:17am On Nov 03, 2013
Thanks a million times! Are U in Port-Harcourt?
Re: I Need Your Advice On Geology/geophysics Skills by Johnolis(m): 6:57am On Nov 03, 2013
Am in Awka,Anambra state.Am also a geology student.goodluck in your future endeavours.
Re: I Need Your Advice On Geology/geophysics Skills by Saryea83: 7:21am On Nov 03, 2013
I need an intensive training! The one I got in PH is 950K, though very good especially for fresh graduates with upto four modules for 6 six months theoretical & practical and 6 months internship with other companies, but meehn the price nobi here ooo! Looking for alternatives as getting sponsorship is not possible!
Re: I Need Your Advice On Geology/geophysics Skills by walmart: 10:36am On Nov 04, 2013
Saryea83: I sincerely need your advice!
Am a graduate of Geology with 2'1 but frankly speaking I need a skill to make me competent in this area. You all know that in Nigeria we only read to pass exams in Nigeria Universities. Am not thinking of M.Sc now rather later cos that won't even help matters! I need some where to get six(6) months or 3 months full training as a fresh graduate in area of sofware and practicals in Geology, geophysics, or sedimentology etc. Several times, I tried Schlumberger, they told me that they only train for Companies and not individuals and at interval of 2 weeks and less. Am currently a Corps member serving in Rivers State and have just 2 months to finish my National Assignment, but acquiring skill in my field of study gives me sleepless nights! Considering allawi package and other little savings what advice can you profer to me that will catapult me to oil &v gas industry?

You made a good grade. My candid advice would be for you to drop your CV in company websites like schlumbeger, baker Hughes, Halliburton, Shell etc. You are still in the class of "fresh outs". Which means you are fresh from school with no experience and will not require any training to be hired. You will rather be trained on the job when you are hired. All the best.
Re: I Need Your Advice On Geology/geophysics Skills by Saryea83: 1:32pm On Nov 04, 2013
Thanks a million times! I have already done what you said since Dec.2012,though, not all ! Am yet to hear from all these companies!
Re: I Need Your Advice On Geology/geophysics Skills by docchuks(m): 5:52am On Dec 29, 2013
Re: I Need Your Advice On Geology/geophysics Skills by Saryea83: 11:35pm On Dec 29, 2013
docchuks: geology of the area
www.yahoo-mail.com.ng/geology-area

Your URL is not loading!!

(1) (Reply)

Ways You Can Invest Your Salary And Income / Training With Lonadek / Laundry Services Around Egbeda And Ikotun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.