Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

Ways You Can Invest Your Salary And Income - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Ways You Can Invest Your Salary And Income (1831 Views)

Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs / 7 Ways You Waste Your Salary Without Knowing / Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ways You Can Invest Your Salary And Income by careercrew1: 7:45am On Jun 22, 2016
This thread is created as an advisory thread in response to the thread where the OP was asking where he can invest his salary https://www.nairaland.com/3180604/how-save-invest-salary/1#46805379

I hope you will all find it useful as so many salary earners dont know where to invest their salary and income.

Have you started your own business and wondering how to invest your income? Is this your first job and you are wondering how to invest your money or have been working since and you need to invest prior to your retirement?

Well, you need to know that the major aim of investing your cash is to generate an extra stream of income which in turn can make you a millionaire by having a good investment plan.

Investing is a process were your money works for you while you rest without a single sweat, however, one thing you have to bear in mind is that investment requires a lot of patience, basic knowledge and appropriate guidance to ensure that your investment grows and yield positively.

In this article, I shall discuss various ways you can invest and diversify your salary to earn constant income.

Investing in Real estate and Properties:

First of all, you need to know what real estate is all about. Real estate simply refers to land, physical properties on the land like houses, buildings and fences etc.
Investing in real estate is very profitable because the potential for profit is very high.
You can make huge profits from investing in real estate or properties regardless of the economic situation, although there are also various risks involved but the risks can be managed, as long as you have the basic knowledge about investing in the real estate/ property sector.
If you wish to venture into investing in real estate and properties then you have to ensure that you have an action plan. With a proper action plan, you should be able to form a business plan and study the real estate/property business to achieve your desired goal.
You are however advised to make adequate research on real estate then talk with owners, sellers/ agents and local real estate professionals or Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) before you invest in this sector.

Investing in the Nigerian Stock Market:

The stock market or equity market is a financial market where the shares of a public limited companies are traded. It also provides an avenue were registered companies can access stable long-term funds or capital exchange giving investors in the company’s ownership in return.

To invest successfully in the Nigerian stock market you need to have knowledge of the market, understand the basics of investment in the market and its key parameters that shape stock performance.

You can get all these by reading various stock market investment books and interacting properly on stock market forums online. This will enable you carry out adequate research before entering the stock market to invest.

You also need employ or consult a stock broker who is fully registered by the Securities and Exchange Commission SEC and grants you online trading platform where you can buy and sell stocks by yourself. The advantages of having such stock broker is that you can easily monitor your portfolio and trade at the convenience of your home, office or your mobile devices.

Also, a fully registered stock-broking firm that offers online services send daily stock market information, recommendations, prices and also research which will help your investment decisions.

There are a lot of stock-broking firms that offers such privileges, so I advise that you visit SEC Nigeria official website to know if the stock broker is fully registered to avoid issues.

Please note that you can invest in the Nigerian stock market with as little as N20,000 with some stock broking firms.

Investing in Treasury bills:

Have you ever heard of Treasury bills and how you can make cool cash from investing in it?

One thing I have realized is that investing in treasury bills is one of the safest investment security tool which offers safe returns but yet few people know or have heard about it.

So what is a Treasury bill? Treasury bill is a short term debt instrument guaranteed by the government and issue by the Central Bank which in turn provides short term funds for the government since the CBN is the official bank of the government.

For you to buy the treasury bills you have to through your banks for assistance as they are the direct agents to the CBN.

The treasury bills are usually issued by the CBN which will mature between 91 days, 182 days and 365 days.

Other various benefits of investing in treasury bills are; it can be used as collateral to collect loans from banks, it risks is very minimal as it is guaranteed by the federal government and the profit earned is tax- free.

For full information about treasury bills, I advise that you contact your bank or financial adviser for more details about before you invest. Good luck!

cc: lalasticlala seun ishilove crazyman
Re: Ways You Can Invest Your Salary And Income by VampireeM(f): 9:17am On Jun 22, 2016
What of those earning 5 figures or less than 50k as the previous OP said, how would they be able to invest on what you listed above pls?
Re: Ways You Can Invest Your Salary And Income by careercrew1: 7:01pm On Jun 22, 2016
VampireeM:
What of those earning 5 figures or less than 50k as the previous OP said, how would they be able to invest on what you listed above pls?
You can invest in the stock market with as little as N20,000..There is a stock market thread that will advise you on how to invest your cash. ..Morgan Capital is one of the stock brokers I use..They offer real time trade platform at very low charges.. .Visit the thread for more details
Re: Ways You Can Invest Your Salary And Income by VampireeM(f): 7:51pm On Jun 22, 2016
careercrew1:
You can invest in the stock market with as little as N20,000..There is a stock market thread that will advise you on how to invest your cash. ..Morgan Capital is one of the stock brokers I use..They offer real time trade platform at very low charges.. .Visit the thread for more details

pls give me the link to the thread please. Thanks
Re: Ways You Can Invest Your Salary And Income by careercrew1: 9:19pm On Jun 22, 2016
VampireeM:

pls give me the link to the thread please. Thanks
Here is the link to the thread https://www.nairaland.com/1131485/nigerian-stock-exchange-market-pick/1663 you can also visit my blog www.careercrew..com for constant advice...If you are on twitter check my profile and follow...i will follow you back and give you several investment and career advice. ..cheers

1 Like

Re: Ways You Can Invest Your Salary And Income by careercrew1: 5:31pm On Jun 23, 2016
Nice information.

(1) (Reply)

Free CV Rewrite And Review/Free Interview Assistance / IBs,Stockbrokerage,Auditing Career Paths - Which Serves Best In The Long Term? / First Bank Of Nigeria Plc 2011 Graduate Recruitment Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.