Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,859 members, 7,813,936 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! (4325 Views)

Jesus Was Not Even A Christian / Jesus Was Not Sent To Save The Whole World - Bible / Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 02, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

He doesn't smoke and not filled with zenith spiritus
if thats what he produces if he doesnt smoke, sound to me like he need to be smoking something cheesy
Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 02, 2013
Ajibam's male. He is just a silly one, probably harbours some gay tendencies.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:22pm On Nov 02, 2013
obadiah777: if thats what he produces if he doesnt smoke, sound to me like he need to be smoking something cheesy

sure....with that he can reach the Most High in the temple filled with smoke.
Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by Ajibam: 1:38pm On Nov 02, 2013
aManFromMars: Ajibam's male. He is just a silly one, probably harbours some gay tendencies.

smh..
Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 02, 2013
obadiah777: just say you dont understand the bible and then keep it moving. no need for this useless long drawn out text gaddem heathen tongue

Tell them bruv, I'm tired of reading their blasphemous posts, many of them are going to be mineralized & vaporized very soon anyway gringrin

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:54pm On Nov 02, 2013
doubleDx:

Tell them bruv, I'm tired of reading their blasphemous posts, many of them are going to be mineralized & vaporized very soon anyway gringrin

Another adherent of doom gospel

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by Gombs(m): 2:13pm On Nov 02, 2013
rationalmind:

Does anybody notice something common in all these messages? no single sensible rebuttal or objection to all the op said. If the post strikes you, it might be time to reconsider your faith.

Becos d OP didn't write anything sensible for a rebuttal or objection.

Like Tpia would put it and I quote

"Don't you know some Nairalanders type while smoking ganja?"

But in the case of the OP, he's doing his with a chilled glass of kerosene.

Anyways, this thread won't exceed a 2nd page...then it would recede to the soak away tank of Nairaland

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 02, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

sure....with that he can reach the Most High in the temple filled with smoke.
cheesy
Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 02, 2013
doubleDx:

lets hope before the nukes fry em they make a youtube video of their facial expression and quickly post it before the extermination, for the amusement of those of us watching. i can see FOLYKAZE and ALFA SELTZER's reaction now when they see the nukes coming for em >>> yeeeepariipaaaaaaa oooooo egbami oooooooooooooo motiku ooooooooo cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 02, 2013
macof: Jesus failed to prove himself to be the Messiah of the Jews.
However his disciples believed him and worshipped him as the Messiah.
When the Romans knew about this they decided to use it to their advantage, they edited the NT, they contracted Paul(my assumption), proclaimed Jesus as not only the Messiah of the Jews but Messiah of the world, they killed all those that knew the truth, killed all those that didn't believe them.

Hian! All these kin' conspiracy theories sef.
Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by Nobody: 4:07pm On Nov 02, 2013
Gombs:

Becos d OP didn't write anything sensible for a rebuttal or objection.

Like Tpia would put it and I quote

"Don't you know some Nairalanders type while smoking ganja?"

But in the case of the OP, he's doing his with a chilled glass of kerosene.

Anyways, this thread won't exceed a 2nd page...then it would recede to the soak away tank of Nairaland

And yet you can't tell us why you feel the post is not sensible. You've gotten two pages already to do that
Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by MostHigh: 4:17pm On Nov 02, 2013
obadiah777: lets hope before the nukes fry em they make a youtube video of their facial expression and quickly post it before the extermination, for the amusement of those of us watching. i can see FOLYKAZE and ALFA SELTZER's reaction now when they see the nukes coming for em >>> yeeeepariipaaaaaaa oooooo egbami oooooooooooooo motiku ooooooooo cheesy

grin grin grin grin

Dem mans are in for a surprise.
Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by MostHigh: 4:23pm On Nov 02, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: Jesus’ mission on earth was to modify Judaism for the Jews, as their Messiah. In Matthew 15, Jesus said: “I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” And, in Matthew 10, Jesus told his disciples: “Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Now, given that very few Jews converted to Christianity, so few that Paul later put the focus almost entirely on Gentiles (non-Jews), it becomes apparent that Jesus failed in his primary mission. But, not only did he fail to convert many Jews, he also failed to foresee that failure. Remember that in Christian dogma, Jesus is a god and can foresee the future: “Now I tell you before it come, that, when it is come to pass, ye may believe that I am he (John 13:19).”

Now, recall that the Jews were fully primed to expect a Messiah; they were told in the Old Testament that the Messiah would be one of them, a Jew, and would lead them to renewed greatness in the world. They should have been eager to accept a reasonably convincing candidate.

Further, Jesus was born into, and spent virtually his entire ministry in Jewish lands. He also took special care to act in ways which would fulfill Old Testament prophesies concerning the Messiah. In entering Jerusalem, for example, to accord with scripture: “And Jesus, when he had found a young ass, sat thereon; as it is written (John 12:14).”

Interestingly, the Gospels disagree on just what Jesus rode, but all were trying to make the passage fit what they thought the Old Testament called for. John says Jesus rode on an ass, Mark and Luke say he rode on a colt, while Matthew says he rode on both an ass and a colt . . . somehow.

The Gospels also claim that Jesus was regularly followed by great crowds of mostly Jews. For example, Luke 12 reads: “In the mean time, when there were gathered together an innumerable multitude of people, insomuch that they trode one upon another, he began to say unto his disciples first of all . . . “

Tens of thousands of Jews must have been eyewitnesses to his sermons and miracles. Yet, they were largely unconvinced. Many would have seen him turn water into wine, heal the sick, cast out demons, and resurrect the dead. Why didn’t the word travel like wildfire throughout the Jewish world of this miracle worker, a hero of their own, given all those eye witnesses?

According to Judaism, Jesus was seen as a false Messiah by the Jews in part because he was not an ordinary human being, as was prophesied, but claimed to be a “son of god.” Perhaps those early stories about Jesus and his miracles “oversold” him?

Whatever the reasons, so few Jews bought into the Jesus-as-Messiah story that Paul decided to concentrate on spreading the “Good News” to the Gentiles instead. Of course, the Jews’ rejection of Jesus doesn’t prove he wasn’t the son of god, but it should raise a very large red flag. Something very strange is going on here. Think about it: The son of god was sent to god’s chosen people and they largely rejected him, so god didn’t get what he wanted? How can such a story make sense to anyone?

According to the words of the Bible, it seems pretty clear that Jesus not only failed to convert the Jews, largely, but he also failed to foresee that he would fail. Does this sound like the work of a god to you?

Ignorance is not an excuse. smiley

You have been warned, now is judgement time.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by Gombs(m): 4:38pm On Nov 02, 2013
rationalmind:

And yet you can't tell us why you feel the post is not sensible. You've gotten two pages already to do that

But I did na

Go read my post again...keywords why it's not sensible are 'ganja' and 'kerosene'

If you dnt still get it, wait after the 2nd market day 3 full moons away
Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by luluosas(m): 7:11pm On Nov 02, 2013
rationalmind:

as usual, threats
You can say whatever you like but, I have told whoever cares to listen that, all humans without Christ will end up in hell fire, whether you believe it or not.
Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by luluosas(m): 8:27pm On Nov 02, 2013
obadiah777: freedom of speech
Freedom of speech and yet, he opened his gutter to blasphemy. May God forgive you people your sins.
Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by Yooguyz: 11:55pm On Nov 02, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

so ajibam is a babe. a lot things are now starting to make sense.

LOL...are you thinking what am thinking?
She may have a crush on you.
Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by MEILYN(m): 7:13am On Nov 03, 2013
Codedboy95: ctrl + c and ctrl + p. kip it up ode oshe!!
grin grin
Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by MEILYN(m): 7:21am On Nov 03, 2013
luluosas:
Freedom of speech and yet, he opened his gutter to blasphemy. May God forgive you people your sins.
phewwww. Smh.
Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by TheMadame(f): 8:02am On Nov 03, 2013
It is obvious that those in government use religion to keep their subjects subservient. The Romans were were no exception to this rule.
Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:25am On Nov 03, 2013
Yooguyz:

LOL...are you thinking what am thinking?
She may have a crush on you.

You think she wants to have my babies? wink

Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by MEILYN(m): 8:27am On Nov 03, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

lmao hahahahahaha lwkmd...grin grin
Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by nnofaith: 9:37am On Nov 03, 2013
Codedboy95: ctrl + c and ctrl + p. kip it up ode oshe!!
ctrl+p = print not paste
Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by Yooguyz: 11:23am On Nov 03, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

lol...dude you are crazy...hehehehe
Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by Kabieosi: 11:49am On Nov 03, 2013
obadiah777:

lets hope before the nukes fry em they make a youtube video of their facial expression and quickly post it before the extermination, for the amusement of those of us watching.

i can see FOLYKAZE and ALFA SELTZER's reaction now when they see the nukes coming for em >>> yeeeepariipaaaaaaa oooooo egbami oooooooooooooo motiku ooooooooo
cheesy

MostHigh:

grin grin grin grin

Dem mans are in for a surprise.

@^^^

grin grin grin

Dem be like . . .

Ah, ah. Chai. Na like dis, hin go be?

And dem tell me before ooo,

Dem talk am so but na me, no gree ooo

"Won de so fun mi, e mi ni, mi ogba ooo"

Dis one? nahin be say, story don get K-leg?

Ye! Shekpete!! Wetin man go do now?

Father Abraham? Where I go turn?

Dis one no be otapiapia, hin hot pass am

Ye! Abeggy, bros obadiah777 talk am ooo but na my strong head

My own don better, make I no talk another one

Please "e gbami ooo", I no fight am again. Come separate me comot from hia
Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by Yooguyz: 1:26pm On Nov 03, 2013
aManFromMars: Ajibam's male. He is just a silly one, probably harbours some gay tendencies.

Now a lot of things are begining to make sense.

She/he might be a closet/homophobic gay or a transexual.

That's why she/he wanted to kill for Jesus.
Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by benodic: 4:42pm On Nov 03, 2013
I beg to differ, Jesus was not a complete failure but rather the Jews were a complete failure for their inability to take a step up in consciousness through the opportunity presented by Jesus.

they failed woefully as a nation which the rest of the world were looking up to in taking the lead in spiritual evolution. they were more interested in restoring their physical kingdom and lost sight of the more important spiritual kingdom which Jesus was pointing them to. that was why out of frustration they decided to kill him.
their loss of course is the gain of the whole world.
Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by Yooguyz: 6:12pm On Nov 03, 2013
benodic:
I beg to differ, Jesus was not a complete failure but rather the Jews were a complete failure for their inability to take a step up in consciousness through the opportunity presented by Jesus.

they failed woefully as a nation which the rest of the world were looking up to in taking the lead in spiritual evolution. they were more interested in restoring their physical kingdom and lost sight of the more important spiritual kingdom which Jesus was pointing them to. that was why out of frustration they decided to kill him.
their loss of course is the gain of the whole world.
dude, i thought you were an eckist, not a christian^^
@ post.
Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by ThankGodEdeh(m): 6:57pm On Nov 03, 2013
Bleep You Op
Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by Greatomotoy: 7:01pm On Nov 03, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: Jesus’ mission on earth was to modify Judaism for the Jews, as their Messiah. In Matthew 15, Jesus said: “I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” And, in Matthew 10, Jesus told his disciples: “Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Now, given that very few Jews converted to Christianity, so few that Paul later put the focus almost entirely on Gentiles (non-Jews), it becomes apparent that Jesus failed in his primary mission. But, not only did he fail to convert many Jews, he also failed to foresee that failure. Remember that in Christian dogma, Jesus is a god and can foresee the future: “Now I tell you before it come, that, when it is come to pass, ye may believe that I am he (John 13:19).”

Now, recall that the Jews were fully primed to expect a Messiah; they were told in the Old Testament that the Messiah would be one of them, a Jew, and would lead them to renewed greatness in the world. They should have been eager to accept a reasonably convincing candidate.

Further, Jesus was born into, and spent virtually his entire ministry in Jewish lands. He also took special care to act in ways which would fulfill Old Testament prophesies concerning the Messiah. In entering Jerusalem, for example, to accord with scripture: “And Jesus, when he had found a young ass, sat thereon; as it is written (John 12:14).”

Interestingly, the Gospels disagree on just what Jesus rode, but all were trying to make the passage fit what they thought the Old Testament called for. John says Jesus rode on an ass, Mark and Luke say he rode on a colt, while Matthew says he rode on both an ass and a colt . . . somehow.

The Gospels also claim that Jesus was regularly followed by great crowds of mostly Jews. For example, Luke 12 reads: “In the mean time, when there were gathered together an innumerable multitude of people, insomuch that they trode one upon another, he began to say unto his disciples first of all . . . “

Tens of thousands of Jews must have been eyewitnesses to his sermons and miracles. Yet, they were largely unconvinced. Many would have seen him turn water into wine, heal the sick, cast out demons, and resurrect the dead. Why didn’t the word travel like wildfire throughout the Jewish world of this miracle worker, a hero of their own, given all those eye witnesses?

According to Judaism, Jesus was seen as a false Messiah by the Jews in part because he was not an ordinary human being, as was prophesied, but claimed to be a “son of god.” Perhaps those early stories about Jesus and his miracles “oversold” him?

Whatever the reasons, so few Jews bought into the Jesus-as-Messiah story that Paul decided to concentrate on spreading the “Good News” to the Gentiles instead. Of course, the Jews’ rejection of Jesus doesn’t prove he wasn’t the son of god, but it should raise a very large red flag. Something very strange is going on here. Think about it: The son of god was sent to god’s chosen people and they largely rejected him, so god didn’t get what he wanted? How can such a story make sense to anyone?

According to the words of the Bible, it seems pretty clear that Jesus not only failed to convert the Jews, largely, but he also failed to foresee that he would fail. Does this sound like the work of a god to you?
THE ANSWER TO UR POST IS
"He came unto his own, and his own received him not." (John 1:11). He didnt failed
Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by Kabieosi: 7:46pm On Nov 03, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Jesus’ mission on earth was to modify Judaism for the Jews, as their Messiah. In Matthew 15, Jesus said: “I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” And, in Matthew 10, Jesus told his disciples: “Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

According to the words of the Bible, it seems pretty clear that Jesus not only failed to convert the Jews, largely, but he also failed to foresee that he would fail.

Does this sound like the work of a god to you
?

Great_omotoy:

THE ANSWER TO UR POST IS
"He came unto his own, and his own received him not." (John 1:11). He didnt failed

It was a game plan Caiaphas and the Jews were not privvy to

Jesus needed to die to make reality God's redemptive plan for the whole earth but starting from the Jews

The problem was He couldn't die, as He was sinless

The only way He could die legally (i.e. the death be within the law and not be a curse)
would be if He was sentenced to death on trumped-up charges

They all, the parties involved without knowledge or intention played into God's hands
and God took advantage of it, gladly grin

He yielded to become Caiaphas's dead man walking

49 Then one of them, named Caiaphas, who was high priest that year, spoke up,
“You know nothing at all!
50 You do not realize that it is better for you that one man die for the people than that the whole nation perish
.”
51 He did not say this on his own, but as high priest that year he prophesied that Jesus would die for the Jewish nation, <<<< Note here
52 and not only for that nation but also for the scattered children of God, to bring them together and make them one.

53 So from that day on they plotted to take his life

^^John 11:49-53 NIV

65 Then the high priest tore his clothes and said,
“He has spoken blasphemy! Why do we need any more witnesses? Look, now you have heard the blasphemy.

66 What do you think?”
“He is worthy of death,” they answered
^^Matthew 26:65-66 NIV
Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by cold(m): 7:50pm On Nov 03, 2013
Of course Jesus failed because the entire Jesus story was a fraud. The Romans simply stole the story of Horus and inserted Jesus where Horus hitherto was. If Jesus did exist he was nothing more than an ordinary Jew raised far above his station by some garrulous Roman & Jewish story tellers. Again,the story of Jesus is a fraud of gargantuan proportions

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Your View On Church Choristers And Weekly Uniform Imposition / Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? / Is It Ok For Guys To Wear Earrings To Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.