Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,757 members, 7,813,509 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! (4322 Views)

Jesus Was Not Even A Christian / Jesus Was Not Sent To Save The Whole World - Bible / Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by nnofaith: 6:26pm On Nov 06, 2013
you guys should give jesus a break! he didnt have much tools to work with, he was riding around town on a donkey for crying out loud. he couldnt have toured the world on a donkey na!

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:37pm On Nov 06, 2013
nnofaith: you guys should give jesus a break! he didnt have much tools to work with, he was riding around town on a donkey for crying out loud. he couldnt have toured the world on a donkey na!

To think that he created flying dinosaurs. What a failure!
Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by macof(m): 10:43pm On Nov 06, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

To think that he created flying dinosaurs. What a failure!
Was Jesus even aware of that? undecided
Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:33am On Nov 07, 2013
macof:
Was Jesus even aware of that? undecided

is he not the beginning and the end? the all knowing? omni everything! He must have known but knowing and acting are two different things.
Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by macof(m): 9:24am On Nov 07, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

is he not the beginning and the end? the all knowing? omni everything! He must have known but knowing and acting are two different things.
maybe he forgot
Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by obialfa: 10:49am On Nov 07, 2013
macof: maybe he forgot

With all the alcoholic water he drinks, it's not surprising.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by Nobody: 9:41am On Nov 09, 2013
Justosaus: i don't know if seun's muslim or an atheist but no matter d case, he shouldn't be allowing such blasphemous posts on nairaland...maybe he benefits frm d religous wars dat emanate frm these kind of posts, but he should also have it on his conscience if things escalate beyond d pages of d nairaland site...
yes
Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by aljpimp(m): 9:31am On Dec 15, 2013
if you have a biased mind towards the bible,you'll definitely be biased in understanding it..if jesus was/is not important..why all these fake theories trying to bring his work down which is not possible......if you say trash abt him and his works till eternity ,dat does not shift his position..Jesus still remains Jesus..just hold onto what you believe and wait to see where it leads you....Jesus is the answer
Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by kambo(m): 10:21am On Dec 15, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: Jesus’ mission on earth was to modify Judaism for the Jews, as their Messiah. In Matthew 15, Jesus said: “I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” And, in Matthew 10, Jesus told his disciples: “Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Now, given that very few Jews converted to Christianity, so few that Paul later put the focus almost entirely on Gentiles (non-Jews), it becomes apparent that Jesus failed in his primary mission. But, not only did he fail to convert many Jews, he also failed to foresee that failure. Remember that in Christian dogma, Jesus is a god and can foresee the future: “Now I tell you before it come, that, when it is come to pass, ye may believe that I am he (John 13:19).”

Now, recall that the Jews were fully primed to expect a Messiah; they were told in the Old Testament that the Messiah would be one of them, a Jew, and would lead them to renewed greatness in the world. They should have been eager to accept a reasonably convincing candidate.

Further, Jesus was born into, and spent virtually his entire ministry in Jewish lands. He also took special care to act in ways which would fulfill Old Testament prophesies concerning the Messiah. In entering Jerusalem, for example, to accord with scripture: “And Jesus, when he had found a young ass, sat thereon; as it is written (John 12:14).”

Interestingly, the Gospels disagree on just what Jesus rode, but all were trying to make the passage fit what they thought the Old Testament called for. John says Jesus rode on an ass, Mark and Luke say he rode on a colt, while Matthew says he rode on both an ass and a colt . . . somehow.

The Gospels also claim that Jesus was regularly followed by great crowds of mostly Jews. For example, Luke 12 reads: “In the mean time, when there were gathered together an innumerable multitude of people, insomuch that they trode one upon another, he began to say unto his disciples first of all . . . “

Tens of thousands of Jews must have been eyewitnesses to his sermons and miracles. Yet, they were largely unconvinced. Many would have seen him turn water into wine, heal the sick, cast out demons, and resurrect the dead. Why didn’t the word travel like wildfire throughout the Jewish world of this miracle worker, a hero of their own, given all those eye witnesses?

According to Judaism, Jesus was seen as a false Messiah by the Jews in part because he was not an ordinary human being, as was prophesied, but claimed to be a “son of god.” Perhaps those early stories about Jesus and his miracles “oversold” him?

Whatever the reasons, so few Jews bought into the Jesus-as-Messiah story that Paul decided to concentrate on spreading the “Good News” to the Gentiles instead. Of course, the Jews’ rejection of Jesus doesn’t prove he wasn’t the son of god, but it should raise a very large red flag. Something very strange is going on here. Think about it: The son of god was sent to god’s chosen people and they largely rejected him, so god didn’t get what he wanted? How can such a story make sense to anyone?

According to the words of the Bible, it seems pretty clear that Jesus not only failed to convert the Jews, largely, but he also failed to foresee that he would fail. Does this sound like the work of a god to you?
plausible sophistry but like i've said bf most atheists attacks on d bible are peurile.
Please read d books of ephesians and romans. The eternal plan of God was to reconcile man to himself thru d death of Jesus-a man.
So tht jews and gentiles (non-jews) wud b reconnected back to God. The jews rejected Jesus,they spurned and killed him but this was accounted 4 in Gods divine plan because by so doing they opened d way 4 d gospel to b preached to d gentiles. The jews to this present day ar still holdg out on God but Gentiles are being reconnected but in d end the jews will b reconciled back . See ephesians 3v6. Romans 11vs 11 " ... Rather , because of their transgression ,salvation has come to the Gentiles to make isreal envious. 15."... Their rejection is the reconciliation of the world.. "
Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by macof(m): 11:21am On Dec 15, 2013
kambo:
plausible sophistry but like i've said bf most atheists attacks on d bible are peurile.
Please read d books of ephesians and romans. The eternal plan of God was to reconcile man to himself thru d death of Jesus-a man.
So tht jews and gentiles (non-jews) wud b reconnected back to God. The jews rejected Jesus,they spurned and killed him but this was accounted 4 in Gods divine plan because by so doing they opened d way 4 d gospel to b preached to d gentiles. The jews to this present day ar still holdg out on God but Gentiles are being reconnected but in d end the jews will b reconciled back . See ephesians 3v6. Romans 11vs 11 " ... Rather , because of their transgression ,salvation has come to the Gentiles to make isreal envious. 15."... Their rejection is the reconciliation of the world.. "

See mumu

Jesus himself said "I came only for the lost sheep of Israel"

the apostles rebuked Paul many times for Preaching to gentiles
so Where's the truth in wat u saying.

Jesus- yeshua was a failure, no one even calls his name, instead we all "hail zeus"

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by kambo(m): 12:02pm On Dec 15, 2013
macof:

See mumu

Jesus himself said "I came only for the lost sheep of Israel"

the apostles rebuked Paul many times for Preaching to gentiles
so Where's the truth in wat u saying.

Jesus- yeshua was a failure, no one even calls his name, instead we all "hail zeus"
ur fool and a fool like you has no business tryg to construct or reply to a logical argument because ppl like u only know how to degenerate into emotional empty responses.
I'll reply som1 who has somethg better /more logcal to say.
To exonerate urself cud u show where the "apostles" berated paul "MANY TIMES" for preachg to the gentiles?
Acts 9v15 ".. This man (paul) is my chosen instrument to carry my name before the gentiles and their kings ... ". Can u read this? Is it in ur bible?

Jesus died 4 the whole wrld . Not d jews only .
You argue about a God u dont believe in and try to interprete scriptures u dont even understand then make comments baked in ignorance!
Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by macof(m): 12:16pm On Dec 15, 2013
kambo:
ur fool and a fool like you has no business tryg to construct or reply to a logical argument because ppl like u only know how to degenerate into emotional empty responses.
I'll reply som1 who has somethg better /more logcal to say.
To exonerate urself cud u show where the "apostles" berated paul "MANY TIMES" for preachg to the gentiles?
Acts 9v15 ".. This man (paul) is my chosen instrument to carry my name before the gentiles and their kings ... ". Can u read this? Is it in ur bible?

Jesus died 4 the whole wrld . Not d jews only .
You argue about a God u dont believe in and try to interprete scriptures u dont even understand then make comments baked in ignorance!

Jesus was already dead when acts was written so if u want to quote Jesus quote from Mark
Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by kambo(m): 12:57pm On Dec 15, 2013
macof:

Jesus was already dead when acts was written so if u want to quote Jesus quote from Mark

wat point are u tryg to make?
Or ur just arguing 4 atheism's sake.
Can u summarize the posters viewpoint and my reply to prove tht u know the direction of our arguments? If u cant there's no need respondg to u.
Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by Kenchosen: 1:04pm On Dec 15, 2013
FOLYKAZE: I determined to commit my soul to Jesus yesterday but christians and Jesus with God failed me.
my dear. Sorry O...oh 4ur disappointment of odas christains. But know dis Heaven is a personal race n not a group. So go 4ur own salvation, u av no excuse watsoever ok. U av had d word of God n it wi b a witness against on judgement day. Ok. Pls dont b discourage ok d Lord is ur strent ok. Go back 2 Lord na u sti av d opportunity 2morrow may be 2 late.
Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by Kenchosen: 1:14pm On Dec 15, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: Jesus’ mission on earth was to modify Judaism for the Jews, as their Messiah. In Matthew 15, Jesus said: “I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” And, in Matthew 10, Jesus told his disciples: “Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Now, given that very few Jews converted to Christianity, so few that Paul later put the focus almost entirely on Gentiles (non-Jews), it becomes apparent that Jesus failed in his primary mission. But, not only did he fail to convert many Jews, he also failed to foresee that failure. Remember that in Christian dogma, Jesus is a god and can foresee the future: “Now I tell you before it come, that, when it is come to pass, ye may believe that I am he (John 13:19).”

Now, recall that the Jews were fully primed to expect a Messiah; they were told in the Old Testament that the Messiah would be one of them, a Jew, and would lead them to renewed greatness in the world. They should have been eager to accept a reasonably convincing candidate.

Further, Jesus was born into, and spent virtually his entire ministry in Jewish lands. He also took special care to act in ways which would fulfill Old Testament prophesies concerning the Messiah. In entering Jerusalem, for example, to accord with scripture: “And Jesus, when he had found a young ass, sat thereon; as it is written (John 12:14).”

Interestingly, the Gospels disagree on just what Jesus rode, but all were trying to make the passage fit what they thought the Old Testament called for. John says Jesus rode on an ass, Mark and Luke say he rode on a colt, while Matthew says he rode on both an ass and a colt . . . somehow.

The Gospels also claim that Jesus was regularly followed by great crowds of mostly Jews. For example, Luke 12 reads: “In the mean time, when there were gathered together an innumerable multitude of people, insomuch that they trode one upon another, he began to say unto his disciples first of all . . . “

Tens of thousands of Jews must have been eyewitnesses to his sermons and miracles. Yet, they were largely unconvinced. Many would have seen him turn water into wine, heal the sick, cast out demons, and resurrect the dead. Why didn’t the word travel like wildfire throughout the Jewish world of this miracle worker, a hero of their own, given all those eye witnesses?

According to Judaism, Jesus was seen as a false Messiah by the Jews in part because he was not an ordinary human being, as was prophesied, but claimed to be a “son of god.” Perhaps those early stories about Jesus and his miracles “oversold” him?

Whatever the reasons, so few Jews bought into the Jesus-as-Messiah story that Paul decided to concentrate on spreading the “Good News” to the Gentiles instead. Of course, the Jews’ rejection of Jesus doesn’t prove he wasn’t the son of god, but it should raise a very large red flag. Something very strange is going on here. Think about it: The son of god was sent to god’s chosen people and they largely rejected him, so god didn’t get what he wanted? How can such a story make sense to anyone?

According to the words of the Bible, it seems pretty clear that Jesus not only failed to convert the Jews, largely, but he also failed to foresee that he would fail. Does this sound like the work of a god to you?

Well 4ur information we were warn 2 AVOID people like u dat wi come up with FOOLISH TOPIC n QUESTION LIKE DIS. Ok.
Wat a pity!
Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by macof(m): 2:38pm On Dec 15, 2013
kambo:

wat point are u tryg to make?
Or ur just arguing 4 atheism's sake.
Can u summarize the posters viewpoint and my reply to prove tht u know the direction of our arguments? If u cant there's no need respondg to u.

U should address how Jesus as any business outside Israel.

He failed in Israel and failed as a Messiah
Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:54pm On Dec 15, 2013
Kenchosen:
my dear. Sorry O...oh 4ur disappointment of odas christains. But know dis Heaven is a personal race n not a group. So go 4ur own salvation, u av no excuse watsoever ok. U av had d word of God n it wi b a witness against on judgement day. Ok. Pls dont b discourage ok d Lord is ur strent ok. Go back 2 Lord na u sti av d opportunity 2morrow may be 2 late.

Preacherman.....which Lord are you refering to. Ra or Thor?
Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by ChynoBEATS: 8:55pm On Jul 18, 2014
AlfaSeltzer: Jesus’ mission on earth was to modify Judaism for the Jews, as their Messiah. In Matthew 15, Jesus said: “I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” And, in Matthew 10, Jesus told his disciples: “Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

...dude all u've jst Typed Here is a junk n it's. Completely Boring..... Dude y'u. Trying to Prove a Point wen we Aint solving decimals??
Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by Weah96: 9:05pm On Jul 18, 2014

How is the OP blasphemous?

Channelling his Sharia sentiments. Religion gets mammals eager to defend the so called omnipotent almighty. You realize that the penalty for blasphemy is death, right?
Re: Jesus Was A Total Complete Utter Failure! by Weah96: 9:14pm On Jul 18, 2014
There is no prophecy in all of Jewish scripture about anyone which was fulfilled by Jesus. His teachings were inconsistent with the word of Yahweh recorded in the Torah. To the Jews back then, he was as blasphemous as the OP is to the Christians here on this thread.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Check Your Future And Destiny Using Numerology / Best Time To Pray And Allah Will Answer The Prayer / 98-Year-Old Woman Confesses To Eating More Than 70 People As A Witch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.