Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

My Sad Experience At The Nigerrain Embassy In UAE. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Sad Experience At The Nigerrain Embassy In UAE. (664 Views)

My Experience At US Embassy In Lagos Today / Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Sad Experience At The Nigerrain Embassy In UAE. by missBanks: 3:03pm On Nov 02, 2013
So on Thursday, the 24th of October, I got dressed and set of to my embassy, feeling a sense of pride, feeling like I was going home to my country, to a familiar place, since I was in a foreign country.

I got there and there was a big green white flag in the front and I thought ahhhh!!! My great country and I marched in with pride. There began my journey into amazement!!! At the entrance, was a Pakistani guy, who could barely speak English,(Ha big problem), so we tried with sign language and lots of broken English what our mission was at the embassy, he finally seemed to understand and let us through, as we got through the metal detector at the entrance, it beeped loudly, and I looked up expecting to go through a security check or something, but the Pakistani guy just smiled, I couldn’t understand, the metal detector beeped, why is Mr Guard smiling?? My hubby went through, beeped again, Mr Guard kept smiling, it was beyond me……I decided maybe we looked like good people, so the guard decided to let us go, ha…what else was I supposed to think, when with each beep Mr guard smiled wider??

So we walked into the reception and it was empty, we stood there waiting, we could hear laughter from a room upstairs, but no one came down despite the fact that we called out lots of times, finally a man walked past with dirty plates in his hand, he didn’t even look in our direction, we called out to him and he asked what we wanted, when we told him, he said ok, we should wait for the lady (so why did he ask for information when he knew he had nothing to do) and we were like we’ve waited for 20 mins, he just shrugged and went up the stairs, and we heard him join in the laughter upstairs…..While we were waiting, my eyes caught sight of the phone on the desk, it was ringing away, on the lowest of volumes, with the light blinking…..So that solves the mystery of the phone never being picked up, it was always on silent.

Finally the lady came down with silver lipstick on her lips and in the phoniest of British accents told us...........
Re: My Sad Experience At The Nigerrain Embassy In UAE. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Nov 02, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

tired of typing indeed.....try copy and paste na

sha for ur sad experience, sorry tongue
Re: My Sad Experience At The Nigerrain Embassy In UAE. by Lovetinz(m): 4:59pm On Nov 02, 2013
Copy 1/10th of a second.
Paste 1/10th of a second.

"we’ve waited for 20 mins"" angry

(1) (Reply)

Hotel Valet Crash And Destroy A Guest's Lamborghini / I130 Approved For Alien Relative Filed Who Is Spouse Already In USA On H1B. / Sabre VS Galileo VS Amadeous

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.