Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,390 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? (5518 Views)

Did Judas Make Heaven? / Did Judas Iscariot Really Betray Jesus Christ? / How Did Judas Iscariot Die? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by anthoniosp(m): 12:18am On May 25, 2015
Empiree:

And you still remain in Christianity after knowing this?.
wait..
because of errors in translation, i shld leave my faith..because u are nt arabic nd u are forced to learn it , dnt u think its unfair? Allah doesnt accept u 4 hu u are..dats d message..if u cant leave islam because of d above den dnt ask me dat question again
Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by ojimbo(m): 2:17am On May 25, 2015
[quote author=Damlesky post=19273821][/quote]it obvious that Christians believes that bible does not mean what it says rather it says what Christians mean
Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by Empiree: 5:43am On May 25, 2015
anthoniosp:
wait..
because of errors in translation, i shld leave my faith..because u are nt arabic nd u are forced to learn it , dnt u think its unfair? Allah doesnt accept u 4 hu u are..dats d message..if u cant leave islam because of d above den dnt ask me dat question again
So u agreed there are errors in the bible. That's a confirmation it could not have been from God cus God does not err.

Let me remind you that it's more than just translation errors. There are contradictions, fraud, blasphemies as well in the bible
Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by anthoniosp(m): 10:00pm On Jun 01, 2015
Empiree:
So u agreed there are errors in the bible. That's a confirmation it could not have been from God cus God does not err.

Let me remind you that it's more than just translation errors. There are contradictions, fraud, blasphemies as well in the bible
hmmmmmmmm.....-t seems u dnt understand d meaning of translation!! fraud? Na cbn or nnpc?..blashpemy?..who teach u dat 1? Ur imam abi?...if u can't justify Muhammed marrying a minor den abeg don't come and start ur "asalam aleikum" on my screen, some Muslims dat dnt knw wat "Islam" means would go and browse some things and come nd start ranting, because seun has given some dullards d opportunity to talk to reasonable people like me!! grin....until u can recite d quran in english don't mention me again...nd dnt even think of qoutiing me...
Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by Afroconnect: 12:03pm On Mar 27, 2016
TheMadame:

How can I understand the passage,when people like you,that understand it and are filled with the holy spirit refuse to explain it to me?
Years ago back in secondary school,I asked this same question of my Bible knowledge teacher,and he called me an outcast and a child of the devil. From that day I was ostracized in Bible study class because I dared to use my brain and ask a simple question.
So why not tell me the answer instead of telling me to fill myself with the holy spirit,how did Judas die and was he forgiven after repentance?
It's funny how most people havve no knowledge of thier professed religion. There is nothing wrong in asking questions sister, those people condemning you are zombies cos they don't know and yet don't question.
Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by Afroconnect: 12:06pm On Mar 27, 2016
Empiree:

Oga pls tell us what justifies sleeping with babies as wives and the infidel issue,yet you call it a religion of peace...or does it mean,peace only in Islam for muslims?
Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by Empiree: 12:38pm On Mar 27, 2016
Afroconnect:

Oga pls tell us what justifies sleeping with babies as wives and the infidel issue,yet you call it a religion of peace...or does it mean,peace only in Islam for muslims?
Excuse me?
Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by Afroconnect: 4:20pm On Mar 27, 2016
Empiree:
Excuse me?
Your religion of piss...you should be ashamed.
Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by Diso60090(m): 1:55pm On Sep 02, 2018
TheMadame:
I have been a student of the Bible since my youth,but I have always wondered about the contradiction(s) about the demise of this important character as recorded in the Bible.

A) The gospel according to St Mathew chapt 27 verses 3-9. kJV.

3.Then Judas,which had betrayed him ,when he saw that he was condemned,repented himself and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders.
4.Saying I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood.And they said ,What is that to us? See thou to that.
5.And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple and departed and went and hanged himself.
6.And the chief Priests took the silver pieces and said,It is not lawful to put them into the treasury ,because it is the price of blood.
7.And they took counsel and bought with them the potters field to bury strangers in.
8.Wherefore that field was called The field of blood,unto this day.
9.Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremiah the prophet ,saying And they took the thirty pieces of silver,the price of him that was valued,whom they of the children of Israel did value.

B)
Acts of the Apostles,chapt 1,verses 18-19. KJV.

18.Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity and falling head long,he burst asunder in the midst and all his bowels gushed out.
19.And it was known on to all the dwellers of Jerusalem,in so much as that field is called in their proper tongue,Aceldama,that is to say the field of blood.

How did Judas die? By hanging or burst asunder? Who purchased the field of blood? Judas or the chief Priests and elders?
Was Judas forgiven because it was stated that he repented?

The best place to get your correct answer is Cool FM aka Daddy frego
Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by Empiree: 1:32am On Sep 03, 2018
Empiree:
How did they make it out?. Doesnt seem christians answered your questions. I just raised the same here today https://www.nairaland.com/2321487/pay-christian-n100-000-show/2 and this
https://www.nairaland.com/2172133/question-did-jesus-read-bible/9#31560618
Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by TheMadame(f): 10:13am On Sep 03, 2018
Very old thread.There are over 3000 views of this thread and only 70 plus posts. Unfortunately no one could answer thr question asked and so the thread tailed off.
Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by Empiree: 1:10pm On Sep 03, 2018
TheMadame:
Very old thread.There are over 3000 views of this thread and only 70 plus posts. Unfortunately no one could answer thr question asked and so the thread tailed off.
because there are OBVIOUS contradictions. So our Christian brothers and sisters had to vamoose for convenience cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by enilove(m): 2:06pm On Sep 03, 2018
We have different ways of reporting the same event .

Mr A can be report a detailed account while Mr B might just take one or two points to make his report. That does not mean the accounts differ.

To that of Judas :

Matthew 27:5-9 KJV
And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself. [6] And the chief priests took the silver pieces, and said, It is not lawful for to put them into the treasury, because it is the price of blood. [7] And they took counsel, and bought with them the potter's field, to bury strangers in. [8] Wherefore that field was called, The field of blood, unto this day. [9] Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremy the prophet, saying, And they took the thirty pieces of silver, the price of him that was valued, whom they of the children of Israel did value;

Acts 1:18-19 KJV
Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out. [19] And it was known unto all the dwellers at Jerusalem; insomuch as that field is called in their proper tongue, Aceldama, that is to say, The field of blood.

The Matthew account says Judas hanged himself.

The Acts accounts says " falling headlong , he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.

An analytical mind would not call this a different account. why?
The acts account says HE FELL ... , which could mean after hanging himself , the tree , rope and whatever he used for hanging himself gave way when struggling between life and death , and he fell in the process "headlong bursting his bowels" , simple.

He couldn't have committed the suicide in anyone's presence , so people who saw him dead , would certainly have variant account. But it will all point to the same thing , he hung himself or he fell while hanging himself. Because they could see the rope around his neck and could also see a broken scull and bust bowel.

The field whether bought by the pharisees for Judas or bought by Judas himself , which is unlikely , still belonged to Judas.

I just decided to check this thread because I did think it is something someone should be bothered about.
Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by Dantedasz(m): 3:10pm On Sep 03, 2018
enilove:

Mr A can be report a detailed account while Mr B might just take one or two points to make his report. That does not mean the accounts differ.

To that of Judas :

And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself. [6] And the chief priests took the silver pieces, and said, It is not lawful for to put them into the treasury, because it is the price of blood. [7] And they took counsel, and bought with them the potter's field, to bury strangers in. [8] Wherefore that field was called, The field of blood, unto this day. [9] Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremy the prophet, saying, And they took the thirty pieces of silver, the price of him that was valued, whom they of the children of Israel did value;

Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out. [19] And it was known unto all the dwellers at Jerusalem; insomuch as that field is called in their proper tongue, Aceldama, that is to say, The field of blood.

The Acts accounts says " falling headlong , he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.

The acts account says HE FELL ... , which could mean after hanging himself , the tree , rope and whatever he used for hanging himself gave way when struggling between life and death , and he fell in the process "headlong bursting his bowels" , simple.

He couldn't have committed the suicide in anyone's presence , so people who saw him dead , would certainly have variant account. But it will all point to the same thing , he hung himself or he fell while hanging himself. Because they could see the rope around his neck and could also see a broken scull and bust bowel.

The field whether bought by the pharisees for Judas or bought by Judas himself , which is unlikely , still belonged to Judas.

I just decided to check this thread because I did think it is something someone should be bothered about.

This is hilarious. I thought the Bible was written under the inspiration of God?
God inspired on writer to say hang and inspired another writer to say fall and burst asunder at the bowels?

The mistake being made here is that all the Bible is then subject to the readers interpretation. Thus every one can interpret the scriptures the way they want.
In my opinion the two accounts of Judas Iscariot's death are different accounts and therefore contradictory.
How did Judas die? A)Hanging? B) Fell down and burst open at the bowels.
Two completely different accounts of one death. Why would God inspire one writer to say hang and inspired another writer to say fell and burst open?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by Empiree: 3:16pm On Sep 03, 2018
Dantedasz:

This is hilarious. I thought the Bible was written under the inspiration of God?
God inspired on writer to say hang and inspired another writer to say fall and burst asunder at the bowels?

You dey mind him grin
I remembered few years ago dealing with this subject. I put them on hot seat. Enilove is ridiculous. He sees clear contradiction but he still wanna make sense out of it.
Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by Caveatemptor(m): 9:16pm On Sep 03, 2018
enilove:

To that of Judas :

This is a horrible attempt to explain the discrepancy in the two accounts of the death of Judas. You can't convince any person with this explanation. It sucks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 04, 2018
Caveatemptor:

This is a horrible attempt to explain the discrepancy in the two accounts of the death of Judas. You can't convince any person with this explanation. It sucks.

Oga, no mind all of them they are trapped in their religious dogma and refused to find a way out...even if you show them the way they would still choose to remain trapped...!!
They enjoyed been lied to and use no part of their brain for simple reasoning...!!

They would tell you...the wisdom of their God is th foolishness of man and they would continue in their foolishness...!!
Peace..!!
Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by Dantedasz(m): 8:39pm On Feb 10, 2019
Watch Christians wriggle, decieve and impale themselves on their own spike which is the Bible on this old thread.
Hypocrites and liars.
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? by confusedlady: 11:07pm On Sep 04, 2023
TheMadame:
I have been a student of the Bible since my youth,but I have always wondered about the contradiction(s) about the demise of this important character as recorded in the Bible.

A) The gospel according to St Mathew chapt 27 verses 3-9. kJV.

3.Then Judas,which had betrayed him ,when he saw that he was condemned,repented himself and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders.
4.Saying I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood.And they said ,What is that to us? See thou to that.
5.And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple and departed and went and hanged himself.
6.And the chief Priests took the silver pieces and said,It is not lawful to put them into the treasury ,because it is the price of blood.
7.And they took counsel and bought with them the potters field to bury strangers in.
8.Wherefore that field was called The field of blood,unto this day.
9.Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremiah the prophet ,saying And they took the thirty pieces of silver,the price of him that was valued,whom they of the children of Israel did value.

B)
Acts of the Apostles,chapt 1,verses 18-19. KJV.

18.Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity and falling head long,he burst asunder in the midst and all his bowels gushed out.
19.And it was known on to all the dwellers of Jerusalem,in so much as that field is called in their proper tongue,Aceldama,that is to say the field of blood.

How did Judas die? By hanging or burst asunder? Who purchased the field of blood? Judas or the chief Priests and elders?
Was Judas forgiven because it was stated that he repented?

Anti christ.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do Atheists Disbelieve In Impersonal God? / Why Oyeku Meji Children Dont Wear Caps / According To The Quran,allah Help In Creating The World Largest Religion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.