Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,564 members, 7,820,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

A Pastor Assassinated By Gunmen In Benin City (photos) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Pastor Assassinated By Gunmen In Benin City (photos) (22497 Views)

Catholic Priest Assassinated In Owerri (graphic Pics) / Ex-can President Kidnapped By Gunmen In Ogun State / Anglican Archbishop Ignatius Kattey Abducted By Gunmen In Porthracourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Pastor Assassinated By Gunmen In Benin City (photos) by IamDrock(m): 7:18am On Nov 03, 2013
[img]http://4.bp..com/-UMNeb9tozXY/UnV7pT7XaXI/AAAAAAAAff8/zktcNBkt4Ko/s1600/A%20pastor%20of%20C.A.C%20assassinated%20by%20unknown%20gunmen%20in%20Benin%20City%20www.allaroundgist.com.png[/img]
Another incident of assassination coming from Benin city. Members of Christ Apostolic Church (Mountain of Blessing), located at 121 Jamila Street, Ikpoba-Hill, Benin City, have been thrown into mourning following the assassination of their zona pastor, Pastor Philip Afemike by unknown gunmen. The incident happened on Friday night when some armed men walked into the church premises where the residence of the pastor is also located and shot him dead. According to the sister of the deceased, Mrs Dennis Dupe, four gunmen stormed the premises in the late hours of Friday night looking for the pastor whom they later found where he was sleeping and shot him dead in the process. She added that they are yet to know what led to the assassination and what he must have done to warrant it. Residents said they alerted the police during the attack on the pastor which lasted for several hours, but the police arrived at the resident, did nothing and went back to their station to report that nothing had happened and the area was calm. Some other people who sustained injuries during the attack were taken to the hospital for medical attention while the deceased was deposited in the mortuary. Below are photos from the scene of the incident.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE RECENT GISTS/NEWS LIKE THIS TODAY!

6 Likes

Re: A Pastor Assassinated By Gunmen In Benin City (photos) by wasak(m): 7:52am On Nov 03, 2013
those who kill will die!
those who do not kill will die!
those who were murdered will die even if they weren't murdered!

so y kill another man when we all gonna die someday?
sad!

6 Likes

Re: A Pastor Assassinated By Gunmen In Benin City (photos) by abdulg: 8:11am On Nov 03, 2013
God
Re: A Pastor Assassinated By Gunmen In Benin City (photos) by rusep: 8:15am On Nov 03, 2013
I don't know that Church Haram dey in the South.

1 Like

Re: A Pastor Assassinated By Gunmen In Benin City (photos) by don33310(m): 8:19am On Nov 03, 2013
Benin is now turning to something else,the home of assassination and kidnapin,I dread the city now.
Re: A Pastor Assassinated By Gunmen In Benin City (photos) by Nobody: 8:23am On Nov 03, 2013
i smell something, [s]someone's wife has been coming home late from church activities lately[/s] lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: A Pastor Assassinated By Gunmen In Benin City (photos) by Nobody: 8:32am On Nov 03, 2013
Re: A Pastor Assassinated By Gunmen In Benin City (photos) by Codedrock(m): 8:41am On Nov 03, 2013
@post
WHAT? AND SOMEONE LIKED THIS TOPIC. Is that a good thing? GOD HELP SOME NAIRALANDERS O.

2 Likes

Re: A Pastor Assassinated By Gunmen In Benin City (photos) by webpower84: 9:42am On Nov 03, 2013
Codedrock: @post
WHAT? AND SOMEONE LIKED THIS TOPIC. Is that a good thing? GOD HELP MAGSALANDERS O.
really sad bro.
Re: A Pastor Assassinated By Gunmen In Benin City (photos) by ednut1(m): 9:55am On Nov 03, 2013
His God couldn't save him

4 Likes

Re: A Pastor Assassinated By Gunmen In Benin City (photos) by Jakumo(m): 10:29am On Nov 03, 2013
While it may not be the case in this particular instance, there have been a number of incidents where gunmen busy robbing victims became trigger-happy when one of the victims decided to start shouting "Blood of Jeesus!", or some such challenge, only to be silenced with a shot before the second verse escaped their lips.

When confronted by armed men, and with no escape path in sight, do NOT start shouting for Jeesus to come down from heaven in a helicopter gunship and save you, because frankly, you are not that important to Jeeesus, but more to the point, He expects you to think survival first, and slogans a very distant second, preferably AFTER the shooting stops and the gang have departed.

So, in a nutshell, if you ever find yourself among a captive audience held by men vested with the supreme power of firepower, keep your dialog with Jeeesus SILENT, or you may find yourself seated on Jeeeesus' right or left side a lot sooner than would have been the case if you had only just shut the phuck up and emptied your pockets as ordered.

17 Likes

Re: A Pastor Assassinated By Gunmen In Benin City (photos) by ebukaOtika(m): 10:33am On Nov 03, 2013
ednut1: His God couldn't save him

3 Likes

Re: A Pastor Assassinated By Gunmen In Benin City (photos) by basisop(m): 10:38am On Nov 03, 2013
Jakumo: While it may not be the case in this particular instance, there have been a number of incidents where gunmen busy robbing victims became trigger-happy when one of the victims decided to start shouting "Blood of Jeesus!", or some such challenge, only to be silenced with a shot before the second verse escaped their lips.

When confronted by armed men, and with no escape path in sight, do NOT start shouting for Jeesus to come down from heaven in a helicopter gunship and save you, because frankly, you are not that important to Jeeesus, but more to the point, He expects you to think survival first, and slogans a very distant second, preferably AFTER the shooting stops and the gang have departed.

So, in a nutshell, if you ever find yourself among a captive audience held by men vested with the supreme power of firepower, keep your dialog with Jeeesus SILENT, or you may find yourself seated on Jeeeesus' right or left side a lot sooner than would have been the case if you had only just shut the phuck up and emptied your pockets as ordered.

Here is one criminal that should be arrested.

19 Likes

Re: A Pastor Assassinated By Gunmen In Benin City (photos) by Jakumo(m): 10:40am On Nov 03, 2013
basisop:

Ok Oga. Go and begin dey shout anything you like for where dem don take gun face you already, and come back here to tell us wettin ya eye see after.

1 Like

Re: A Pastor Assassinated By Gunmen In Benin City (photos) by erad(m): 10:58am On Nov 03, 2013
Codedrock: @post
WHAT? AND SOMEONE LIKED THIS TOPIC. Is that a good thing? GOD HELP MAGSALANDERS O.

Bros... Take it easy. Some people like topics because they don't really have anything to say but want to follow the thread.
Re: A Pastor Assassinated By Gunmen In Benin City (photos) by Wsdm: 12:05pm On Nov 03, 2013
rusep: I don't know that Church Haram dey in the South.
These kind of killing is tagged Boko-Haram terrorist's handiwork in the north. And the police goes to bed without any investigation while the culprits are smiling their way freely.R.I.P pastor.

1 Like

Re: A Pastor Assassinated By Gunmen In Benin City (photos) by iluvweed(m): 12:07pm On Nov 03, 2013
smiley
Re: A Pastor Assassinated By Gunmen In Benin City (photos) by Codedrock(m): 12:25pm On Nov 03, 2013
erad:

Bros... Take it easy. Some people like topics because they don't really have anything to say but want to follow the thread.
lol. I guess you are the liker bro.
Re: A Pastor Assassinated By Gunmen In Benin City (photos) by erad(m): 1:01pm On Nov 03, 2013
Codedrock: lol. I guess you are the liker bro.

Sorry, i'm not. Just thought you needed to be enlightened in case of another time.

2 Likes

Re: A Pastor Assassinated By Gunmen In Benin City (photos) by IamDrock(m): 2:15pm On Nov 03, 2013
rusep: I don't know that Church Haram dey in the South.
Me too not until now.
Re: A Pastor Assassinated By Gunmen In Benin City (photos) by ifyalways(f): 2:20pm On Nov 03, 2013
Benin is getting too notorious for the wrong things.

1 Like

Re: A Pastor Assassinated By Gunmen In Benin City (photos) by Codedrock(m): 4:43pm On Nov 03, 2013
ifyalways: Benin is getting too notorious for the wrong things.
STIL BETTER THAN THE NORTHERN PARTS
Re: A Pastor Assassinated By Gunmen In Benin City (photos) by Goldenheart(m): 5:02pm On Nov 03, 2013
Thats some bad news
Re: A Pastor Assassinated By Gunmen In Benin City (photos) by Slasha1(f): 5:05pm On Nov 03, 2013
Smh. Stories like this make me hate the Nigerian police the more. Very useless body.
Re: A Pastor Assassinated By Gunmen In Benin City (photos) by Arosa(m): 5:05pm On Nov 03, 2013
RIP to the pastor.

1 Like

Re: A Pastor Assassinated By Gunmen In Benin City (photos) by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:06pm On Nov 03, 2013
THE GODS BE PRAISED!
Re: A Pastor Assassinated By Gunmen In Benin City (photos) by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:08pm On Nov 03, 2013
THOSE WHO SPEAK AGAINST THE GODS!

THOSE WHO ABANDON THEIR IDENTITY!

THOS WHO BRAINWASH OTHERS TO ABANDON THEIR IDENTITY AND BELIEFS!

THOSE WHO STEAL MONEY AS TITHES FROM THE POOR!

THOSE WHO LIE ABOUT THE GODS!

THOSE WHO INSULT THE ANCESTORS!

FOR THEM..............DEATH IS THE LEAST PUNISHMENT.

for such persons have no self-respect.

1 Like

Re: A Pastor Assassinated By Gunmen In Benin City (photos) by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:10pm On Nov 03, 2013
for all those peoples who say, where were our GODS when the 1000s of colonist armies came into Nigeria..

I ask you..

Where is your god when your gods man is being attacked by just 4 men ?

is your god so weak that he cant handle 4 local men?

2 Likes

Re: A Pastor Assassinated By Gunmen In Benin City (photos) by logica(m): 5:11pm On Nov 03, 2013
basisop:

Arrest am na! Wetin u dey wait for?
Re: A Pastor Assassinated By Gunmen In Benin City (photos) by SIRKOL(m): 5:12pm On Nov 03, 2013
There is nofin left in this wicked world. Well dis must hv been revealed to him I.e if he is a true man of God. By now he should be njoying eternal Njoyment RIP!
Re: A Pastor Assassinated By Gunmen In Benin City (photos) by kennyonthrone(m): 5:19pm On Nov 03, 2013
R

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity / Help! Where Can I Download Igbo Catholic Hymns From? / As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.