Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,577 members, 7,955,124 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:34 PM

Nigeria Police Clampdown On ASUU Rallies - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigeria Police Clampdown On ASUU Rallies (12079 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU Holds Street Rallies In Onitsha And Awka. / Latest News On ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Police Clampdown On ASUU Rallies by agrovick(m): 12:26pm On Nov 03, 2013
The 2nd point u raised, since fg is not ready to drop the full cash, ASUU should make a scale of preference and carry out the most important things with the money fg is ready to release.
I agree fg is not being sincere with the attitude of 'no money' but after 4 months with nothing concrete so far, its either ASUU accepts these new offer or step up their game cos seriously we ar the ones bearing the brunt of these struggle not the FG. BTW, what happened to the option of sueing FG to court?
tsleazy:
1. I dnt knw whose future they r playing with, but its definitely not mine.
2. When ASUU calculated the 1.5trn, they had already plan, and budjected everything.so less money will affect their plans
3. Fg has more than enough money to implement the agreement...but there is a probability that if they give the money to ASUU, little will be left for them (fg) to loot....
Re: Nigeria Police Clampdown On ASUU Rallies by tsleazy(m): 12:38pm On Nov 03, 2013
agrovick: The 2nd point u raised, since fg is not ready to drop the full cash, ASUU should make a scale of preference and carry out the most important things with the money fg is ready to release.
I agree fg is not being sincere with the attitude of 'no money' but after 4 months with nothing concrete so far, its either ASUU accepts these new offer or step up their game cos seriously we ar the ones bearing the brunt of these struggle not the FG. BTW, what happened to the option of sueing FG to court?
pls...which court are u talking abt ?, is it hague court, u.n court, new york court, or the one in heaven
Re: Nigeria Police Clampdown On ASUU Rallies by texazzpete(m): 12:44pm On Nov 03, 2013
Domaro: this story too long jorr. Stupld ASUU should go and rest let us learn onlin, u want to compet with rest of the world in what sense. By mamot salary size and hudge allowance or by knowledge u impact, which most of u dont even have. Let us be computalized and we cannot only compete with the rest of the world but we can beat the rest of the world. Teaching me from thrmodynamics note prepared by late profesor when he is still a doctor in 1992 will not compete the world of nano tecnology. We need internet and free acces to accademic matrial online. We can improve greatly.

Oh Jeez! To think the person who wrote this rubbish claims to be an undergraduate!!

You wicked, wicked boy! Wasting your parents money like this. All that money paid to train you and still you're this backward shocked
Re: Nigeria Police Clampdown On ASUU Rallies by texazzpete(m): 12:49pm On Nov 03, 2013
emmymdk: Even if ASUU is given 300trillion naira,that won't stop them from sleeping with the female students and selling handout at a costly price... They are just being greedy,that kind should not be given to ASUU coz they are not the only union in this country. Instead,the FG should put the say needed equipment in our institutions themselves. My HOD last year was given 15m naira for the installation of a WIFI network for us the INFO.TECH. students,my brothers and sisters we have not seen any mask or anything since them,he just recently opened his own hotel in Okigwe road Imo state... How then are we sure ASUU won't spend the money this way

ASUU doesn't get any cent of that money. Money goes to the Universities, spent by the VC and Bursar, with oversight and approvals from the University Senate.

Your comment about sleeping with female undergraduates betrays your idiocy. Some lecturers are corrupt and immoral, but one cannot generalize it to all ASUU members. That's just like me claiming all students are cultists because I know there are some students that are cultists!
Re: Nigeria Police Clampdown On ASUU Rallies by agrovick(m): 12:49pm On Nov 03, 2013
LWKMD supreme court na, frm ur own perspective do u think this strike will yield the 100% full implementatn?
tsleazy: pls...which court are u talking abt ?, is it hague court, u.n court, new york court, or the one in heaven

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police Clampdown On ASUU Rallies by tsleazy(m): 12:53pm On Nov 03, 2013
texazzpete:

ASUU doesn't get any cent of that money. Money goes to the Universities, spent by the VC and Bursar, with oversight and approvals from the University Senate.

Your comment about sleeping with female undergraduates betrays your idiocy. Some lecturers are corrupt and immoral, but one cannot generalize it to all ASUU members. That's just like me claiming all students are cultists because I know there are some students that are cultists!
thank you for typing my mind out. .
Re: Nigeria Police Clampdown On ASUU Rallies by tsleazy(m): 12:55pm On Nov 03, 2013
agrovick: LWKMD supreme court na, frm ur own perspective do u think this strike will yield the 100% full implementatn?
it may not be 100%, but at least let our government show sum commitment to our educational sector.
Re: Nigeria Police Clampdown On ASUU Rallies by lastmessenger: 1:02pm On Nov 03, 2013
President goodluck was once a lecturer and understand what the problem of the universities are.my question is,why is it so difficult for the fg to honor the agreement it entered with ASUU?were they sleeping when they signed the agreement?
Re: Nigeria Police Clampdown On ASUU Rallies by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 03, 2013
sobaemma: to me ASUU are greedy fols,dont be surprise if they collect this billions and do nothing

let the government provide funds first to make our universities meet world standard... i feel embarrassed as a Nigeria student carrying out Chemistry practicals in a small room filled with more than 350+ people am very limited apparatus, then how will I learn?

is not a solution to call of strike without facing this crisis, even a blind man knows the state of our schools, if we don't fix it Now, then when are we going To?...

ASUU have a point and they deser
ve to be listened to, it is up to goodluck j to fix this problem and ensure the funds are spent as plan...

pls analyze a problem from different angles. thank you..
Re: Nigeria Police Clampdown On ASUU Rallies by michealade(m): 1:57pm On Nov 03, 2013
Very stupid police dats wat dey can do
Re: Nigeria Police Clampdown On ASUU Rallies by BARRISTERDAN(m): 2:21pm On Nov 03, 2013
Am now so confused in this ASUU saga that I don't know who to believe again and I think that is the effect the govt want all these to have on us.
Re: Nigeria Police Clampdown On ASUU Rallies by highmood(m): 2:30pm On Nov 03, 2013
There are two sides to this story. The ASSU wants us to believe their purpose for the strike while the government wants us to understand they are aiming at improving our education system but without crippling other sectors of the economy. Which one do they want the masses to believe. They should all come in front of the media and state their misunderstanding and let the people listen from both side and probably be the judge. All this indoor meetings will not bring out any truth. And neither the government nor ASSU story will be sold to the public.
Re: Nigeria Police Clampdown On ASUU Rallies by CooldudeY2J: 2:41pm On Nov 03, 2013
Wit d way wey i dey provoke ryt now if i catch any lecturer dey carry placard dey protest i fit beat am. They should thank d police for protecting them from angry students, food vendors, transport providers etc that are suffering as a result of d strike. CLOWNS
Re: Nigeria Police Clampdown On ASUU Rallies by tsleazy(m): 3:07pm On Nov 03, 2013
Cooldude Y2J: Wit d way wey i dey provoke ryt now if i catch any lecturer dey carry placard dey protest i fit beat am. They should thank d police for protecting them from angry students, food vendors, transport providers etc that are suffering as a result of d strike. CLOWNS
lol ur IQ is too low for u to be called a jambite....by the way no sane student will lay his hands on his lecturer, but i dnt blame yu sha, students like u dnt know ur fundamental rights....
Re: Nigeria Police Clampdown On ASUU Rallies by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 03, 2013
tsleazy: pls when u graduate from sss u can come back to comment, most people that are posting against ASUU aint university students, cuz if u are one, u will knw how horrible living conditions are in our fed. Universities....

Sharap there, which horrible living conditions? Can u be specific and mention the Federal school with horrible living condition.
Re: Nigeria Police Clampdown On ASUU Rallies by tsleazy(m): 3:24pm On Nov 03, 2013
Promhize:

Sharap there, which horrible living conditions? Can u be specific and mention the Federal school with horrible living condition.
mine for example we have poor toilets, and if u check older threads in the education forum, u will see a thread showing the terrible conditions our nigerian hostels are.
Re: Nigeria Police Clampdown On ASUU Rallies by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 03, 2013
tsleazy: lol ur IQ is too low for u to be called a jambite....by the way no sane student will lay his hands on his lecturer, but i dnt blame yu sha, students like u dnt know ur fundamental rights....
bros u are wrong about no sane student laying hand on lecturer.
Re: Nigeria Police Clampdown On ASUU Rallies by fasho01(m): 4:19pm On Nov 03, 2013
tsleazy: from what i heard, fed universities are better respected than private skuls...

I wonder where he got his own information from.
Re: Nigeria Police Clampdown On ASUU Rallies by mckay06(m): 4:30pm On Nov 03, 2013
how i wish I call the shot in dis country, i wouldn't have implemented any agreement concerning ASUU. I mean ds guys are bunch of criminals. I know d worth of the guy I'm training in school, but his greedy n wicked lecturers keep asking for 4-5k per course after exams. one even had the gust to call me and asked me to pay, that it's a tradition in their school. I'm talking of CRUTECH, Calabar

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police Clampdown On ASUU Rallies by Dannylux: 5:16pm On Nov 03, 2013
cheesome: I still dunno Y delinquent citizens think that with just money our universities would compete with others in d world...No doubt money can get varsities standard equipment 4 Learning but money cannot buy wisdom, sorry to say this but i dont think we hav standard lecturers in our universities, as we al knw our clown lecturers teach wit notes written ages ago with little or no addition to meet d changes of d present age nd time, i personally have a lecturer dat just reads textbooks(not even published by him) to us during lectures, our education system is rotten nd our university lecturers ar guilty 4 ova 60% rot in d system.....As 4 ASUU tryna protest to create public awareness we already knw u need d money to line ur pockets and that of ur cohort and we aint need to b enlightened by ur protest, how bout u guyz jst sit out d mess uve caused already, i mean we dat ar on d recieving end(students) ar seated @ our various homes..As 4 our yeye police force, i support una.More crackdown on ASUU protest!

interesting
Re: Nigeria Police Clampdown On ASUU Rallies by Omero(m): 5:48pm On Nov 03, 2013
Atyem: Hmmm! Many blame ASUU, some students don't care, they just want to go back to school and graduate soon. We like to postpone evil days in this country. Ask the thousands of unemployed graduates that have spent years searching for job just because they are not employable as a result of the learning condition in our universities. can't we just make sacrifices and get it right once and for all?
Guy u dey yan Okpo, who told u its learning conditions dat make univ. graduates unemployable, is it learning cond. dat make some org/comp to tag age limit at 24/25 years for employment or is it leaning conditns dat make people to hoard jobs for thier friends/relatives or to sell job slots to d highest bidder. d list is endless but to mention a few. so if u dont hav facts dont b typing nonsense. tank u.
Re: Nigeria Police Clampdown On ASUU Rallies by ajasa4link: 6:07pm On Nov 03, 2013
mckay06: how i wish I call the shot in dis country, i wouldn't have implemented any agreement concerning ASUU. I mean ds guys are bunch of criminals. I know d worth of the guy I'm training in school, but his greedy n wicked lecturers keep asking for 4-5k per course after exams. one even had the gust to call me and asked me to pay, that it's a tradition in their school. I'm talking of CRUTECH, Calabar

It's GUTS not GUST... choi! We give up!
Re: Nigeria Police Clampdown On ASUU Rallies by onyeka205(m): 7:14pm On Nov 03, 2013
Domaro:
am sorry for u, for ur mind ur r an under graduate. Show me what u've got to call me a pupil? I have worked in federal university senate, i kno whatz on ground more than u can comprehend. As a fed uni student i have seen what our so called ASUU have to offer. Be sincer to ur self, most of them dont need to lecture even kindagaten, sorry to say that.
Hw would u feel when ur lecturer replies to ur question as thus, ....this is what they wrote here, if u dont undertand it go and do reserch. Who are the "they"? Pls kindly ans me.

If what you wrote here was what you were taught, then you need to go back to school. This is the very reason why ASUU went on strike so that they will cease to produce graduates like you.
Re: Nigeria Police Clampdown On ASUU Rallies by lincolnj88: 8:16pm On Nov 03, 2013
Na beat go tire ASUU..make dem dey try me first
Re: Nigeria Police Clampdown On ASUU Rallies by Solankelekzy(m): 10:57pm On Nov 03, 2013
sobaemma: to me ASUU are greedy fols,dont be surprise if they collect this billions and do nothing
ur mouth like fool! if u dnt know wat takes to,share lab equipments intended for a hundred students with a thousand or u av eva stayed in a lecture theatre where even the lecturer cant hear himself, then sharrap there!
Re: Nigeria Police Clampdown On ASUU Rallies by dabrake(m): 11:09pm On Nov 03, 2013
Domaro:
am sorry for u, for ur mind ur r an under graduate. Show me what u've got to call me a pupil? I have worked in federal university senate, i kno whatz on ground more than u can comprehend. As a fed uni student i have seen what our so called ASUU have to offer. Be sincer to ur self, most of them dont need to lecture even kindagaten, sorry to say that.
Hw would u feel when ur lecturer replies to ur question as thus, ....this is what they wrote here, if u dont undertand it go and do reserch. Who are the "they"? Pls kindly ans me.
Mine do tell us "A is for God because he is perfect, I am not perfect so I will make a B should I mark my script. My wife's learn a lot from me so she will score a C in my course, she will teach the kids who, in turn, will score a D in my course. For you all in this class, the best student among you all will score an E!!!!"
Another one told us this "I am Dr ****. I have my B.Sc., my M.Sc. and my PhD while you guys, the highest you've got is your SSCE so I am here *placed his right hand above his head* while you are here *placed his left hand below his belt region*. Anything I say in this class is correct, no asking of questions in my class. In this course, you will derive 121 equations on your own. If you can successfully derive 80 of them, I score you an E. Good day class"
The next time Dr. **** appeared was when we were seated for his exam. 'I want my equations submitted now' was the first thing he uttered as he entered the classroom with the exam questions and answer booklet.

So I ask again, what is the function of ASUU

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police Clampdown On ASUU Rallies by curtain: 11:12pm On Nov 03, 2013
ASUU members are disgrace to lecturing proffesion, greed, moral bankruptcy, corruption, lack of ethics, laziness, stu.pidity etc this is what nigerian government is paying them for. I prefer that the money be donated to lecturers of less priviledge countries of ghana and cameroon than to this our so-called lecturers that have no discipline.
Re: Nigeria Police Clampdown On ASUU Rallies by curtain: 11:28pm On Nov 03, 2013
Solanke lekzy:
ur mouth like fool! if u dnt know wat takes to,share lab equipments intended for a hundred students with a thousand or u av eva stayed in a lecture theatre where even the lecturer cant hear himself, then sharrap there!
Any lecturer that agrees to lecture beyond 300 student in a class is not qualified to lecture in the first place, why not protest about such condition instead of demanding for money, ur statement clearly shows that ASUU is fighting the wrong battle, NUC has made regulations as to the number of students each department should admit, the fact that ASUU engage in the illegal business of admitting more than the school capacity further proves how unresonable their demand is.
Re: Nigeria Police Clampdown On ASUU Rallies by Nobody: 12:28am On Nov 04, 2013
Even if ASUU is given 300trillion naira,that won't stop them from sleeping with the female students and selling handout at a costly price
Do lecturers still sell handouts in your school? No wonder you're mad at them. grin
But tell your female students to let the lecturers be. If you don't go to the lecturers, they won't know you.

stead,the FG should put the say needed equipment in our institutions themselves.
You're funny. You're expecting the government to fix infrastructures for you in your school? The infrastructures in the streets hasn't been fixed yet, man!.
My HOD last year was given 15m naira for the installation of a WIFI network for us the INFO.TECH. students,my brothers and sisters we have not seen any mask or anything since them,he just recently opened his own hotel in Okigwe road Imo state... How then are we sure ASUU won't spend the money this way
Blame the lecturers in your school, not ASUU.
I think your school administrators are corrupt.
Re: Nigeria Police Clampdown On ASUU Rallies by Nobody: 12:43am On Nov 04, 2013
curtain: Any lecturer that agrees to lecture beyond 300 student in a class is not qualified to lecture in the first place, why not protest about such condition instead of demanding for money, ur statement clearly shows that ASUU is fighting the wrong battle, NUC has made regulations as to the number of students each department should admit, the fact that ASUU engage in the illegal business of admitting more than the school capacity further proves how unresonable their demand is.
Re: Nigeria Police Clampdown On ASUU Rallies by texazzpete(m): 7:17am On Nov 04, 2013
dabrake:
So I ask again, what is the function of ASUU

The function of the lecturers that make up ASUU is to teach people like you that making a sweeping generalization (assuming practically all of the thousands of lecturers in Nigeria are just like a few of the terrible lecturers you've had) is very daft.

You've given a few examples of terrible lecturers. Can you now stand here and honestly tell us that ALL your lecturers are like that?
Re: Nigeria Police Clampdown On ASUU Rallies by texazzpete(m): 7:20am On Nov 04, 2013
curtain: Any lecturer that agrees to lecture beyond 300 student in a class is not qualified to lecture in the first place, why not protest about such condition instead of demanding for money, ur statement clearly shows that ASUU is fighting the wrong battle, NUC has made regulations as to the number of students each department should admit, the fact that ASUU engage in the illegal business of admitting more than the school capacity further proves how unresonable their demand is.

1. As far as I know, the Universities in Nigeria adhere to the NUC quota. At least it was that way when I was still a student. There are lapses when it comes to the internally administered Diploma courses, but for degree courses, it is well regulated by NUC

2. ASUU has no business with admission of students. I'm not sure why you guys are so ignorant. Take your complaints to the VC and University Admissions board.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

(leaked Video) Man Having Sex With A Horse / ASUU - FG To Continue Negotiation Tomorrow (friday) / Meaning Of Some Words In Hon.patrick Speech On ASUU STRIKE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.