Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Latest News On ASUU Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Latest News On ASUU Strike (135277 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU Strike / See Latest News About ASUU Strike Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Latest News On ASUU Strike by fajiboy: 12:17pm On Jul 11, 2009
The re-negotiating commitee set up by the federal government to look into the case between ASUU and the federal government released a devastating statement from the federal government to the media which talks about the "the federal government granting autonomy to Nigeria universities on issues concerning wages and salaries", this i feel is a strategy by the government to extinct ASUU(the only voice for education to the poor masses).With the current situation i see the strike extending for a longer period. Aluta continua, Nairalanders log-on to fajiboy forum on nairaland education for steady info on ASUU strike.
Re: Latest News On ASUU Strike by Odisco2(m): 1:08pm On Jul 11, 2009
Does this mean that post ume exams won't take place again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Latest News On ASUU Strike by fajiboy: 11:26pm On Jul 11, 2009
Actually Odisco2 i cant give a specific answer to your question.Although some schools postponed the exam till further notice while some didn't.As for FUT Minna the exam date was postponed.I would advise that you contact your school of choice for more info.Stay cool and best of luck in your exam.
Re: Latest News On ASUU Strike by fajiboy: 11:27pm On Jul 11, 2009
Actually Odisco2 i cant give a specific answer to your question.Although some schools postponed the exam till further notice while some didn't.As for FUT Minna the exam date was postponed.I would advise that you contact your school of choice for more info.Stay cool and best of luck in your exam.
Re: Latest News On ASUU Strike by Kcyber(m): 12:08am On Oct 10, 2009
what do you think is gonna happen after the two weeks suspension of the strike?
Re: Latest News On ASUU Strike by docchuks(m): 8:57am On Sep 25, 2013
Re: Latest News On ASUU Strike by Immortal1(m): 9:46am On Sep 25, 2013
It is an obvious fact that d Nigerian public education system has gone beyond collapsed! D state of d universities re despicable in different perspectives. I only wish d earned allowance issue isn't part of d reason 4d ASUU strike, cos govt has capitalised on it in giving ppl an impression that d lecturers re just being selfish.
Great tinz re born out of minds willing 2 make sacrifices. We live in a country where our leaders will confidently make public their commitment 2 eat cassava bread only, in a bid 2 support d need 2 patronise it, but re not willing 2;
-refuse d use of generators in their homes in a bid 2 show their passion for 24hrs electricy project.
-send their children 2 public schools in a bid 2 show they re committed 2 revamping d educational system.
-visit our public hospitals, rather than going abroad 4 treatment, just 2 let us know d health-state of d average man is important 2 them.
-ply our roads in their deplorable state 2 tell us they re one of us.... I cud go on & on.
If u can't wear d shoe, u'd never have an idea where itz hurting. Who is deceiving who Our value system as a nation has been greatly watered down. A true leader is consumed about d needs of d ppl, not his needs.
Wit more emphasis placed on 'paper qualification' than d product u've become cos of ur education, ppl can hardly see d need 4 overhauling d educational system. My one piece! Peace!!
Re: Latest News On ASUU Strike by njokujay: 7:04pm On Oct 15, 2013
I'm tired of dis STRIKE...well,dis is an avenue 4 us 2 luk 4 our talents and utilize dem...

(1) (Reply)

FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! / Federal Government Scholarship 2016/2017 Exam Updates / FG Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards 2017/2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.