Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

A Black Guy Tries To Become Somali- Must Watch Video - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / A Black Guy Tries To Become Somali- Must Watch Video (1113 Views)

The Somali/ethiopian People / Ask A Muslim/somali / Somali Food! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Black Guy Tries To Become Somali- Must Watch Video by Ajuran: 10:46am On Nov 03, 2013
Re: A Black Guy Tries To Become Somali- Must Watch Video by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 03, 2013
--
Re: A Black Guy Tries To Become Somali- Must Watch Video by Ajuran: 11:12pm On Nov 03, 2013
Chokl8: That song they are listening 2 sounds a lot like an afar song.

Its called "yinti".
http://youtu.be/sy8JhVtpOVE

thats because afar got their song from us. Afar live in somalia, djibouti, and ethiopia near the ogaden. So afar always live near somalis. Much of their cultural is taken from us or copied or shared. Cause afar themselves have different culture where they live. like in djioubti and in ethiopia is different.

how can 2 million afars scattered in 4 countries be copied by the 20 million somalis who have 2 countries of their own?
Re: A Black Guy Tries To Become Somali- Must Watch Video by Nobody: 11:35pm On Nov 03, 2013
anyway sorry for derailing your thread.
Re: A Black Guy Tries To Become Somali- Must Watch Video by Ajuran: 2:17am On Nov 04, 2013
Chokl8: that is what i thought initially until i looked up other versions of the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaXujMUK2NM

^^ from the comments:

you guys are cousins and have the same culture. it is possible for ppl who are lesser in number to influence larger populations and vice versa. esp in such close proximity. somali ppl have also influenced the afars in many ways as well.

anyway sorry for derailing your thread.

its ok, i searched it, and somalis have been making this tune before afars. here is another famous love song with the same beat. plus somali is older than afar. many afar words are borrowed from us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEJxHo7yP64
Re: A Black Guy Tries To Become Somali- Must Watch Video by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 04, 2013
--
Re: A Black Guy Tries To Become Somali- Must Watch Video by Ajuran: 2:37pm On Nov 04, 2013
Chokl8: it has already been established that that is an Afar song that was first put out by Abdallah Lee in 1996. (I learned this from a somali). i dont think there are any somali versions older than that. And its not about the beat, its the actual song.

Najma is an afar song.

Are u kidding, the entire song is in somali. and this is an old love song.

afar and somali are not the same language. This is a new one, saying the somalis who are 20 million copied from the 2 million afars who are scattered in 4 countries

so ur telling me this song is not in somali? kails u neeed to stay out of somali affairs forever

naagmaay is a somali word lmao. keep in mind many afar words are somali, they even were introduced to islam through the somalia
Re: A Black Guy Tries To Become Somali- Must Watch Video by Nobody: 2:41pm On Nov 04, 2013
--
Re: A Black Guy Tries To Become Somali- Must Watch Video by Ajuran: 2:47pm On Nov 04, 2013
Chokl8:

Will do.

this ur 200th time saying that. Plz focus on west africa and dont cross into the cushitic race and anywhere near the horn of africa
Re: A Black Guy Tries To Become Somali- Must Watch Video by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 04, 2013
--

(1) (Reply)

What Is Reason Behind Bearing Names With Igbo Suffixes And Prefixes Among Igbo? / 422 Scientific Instruments Translated Into Igbo / Nigerian Cultural Heritage In Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.