Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,688 members, 7,955,580 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:40 AM

World Footballer Of The Year, Cristiano Ronaldo - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World Footballer Of The Year, Cristiano Ronaldo (1304 Views)

Lets Vote Our Asisat Oshoala Own For The Bbc Women's World Footballer / Asisat Oshoala Nominated For BBC world Footballer Of The Year / Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Footballer Of The Year, Cristiano Ronaldo by writers4hire: 1:26pm On Nov 03, 2013
Give me any reason why Cristiano Ronaldo should not be crowned the World Footballer of the Year.

1 Like

Re: World Footballer Of The Year, Cristiano Ronaldo by Ibyno(m): 3:54pm On Nov 03, 2013
He will surely make it some day, maybe after messsi resign from football .
Re: World Footballer Of The Year, Cristiano Ronaldo by JonaTheClown: 5:39pm On Nov 03, 2013
Mr WriterForHire... It be like say C. Ronaldo hire you to write this post abi? Anyways, you better think twice because the whole world know say na Ribery deserve it better this year. Although I prefer Messi but I think 5 times in a row will be tooooo much for just One Player.
Re: World Footballer Of The Year, Cristiano Ronaldo by writers4hire: 8:53pm On Nov 03, 2013
Jona-The-Clown:
Mr WriterForHire... It be like say C. Ronaldo hire you to write this post abi? Anyways, you better think twice because the whole world know say na Ribery deserve it better this year. Although I prefer Messi but I think 5 times in a row will be tooooo much for just One Player.
What has ribery done to deserve it? How many goals has he scored?
Re: World Footballer Of The Year, Cristiano Ronaldo by donphilopus: 12:47am On Nov 04, 2013
Although I'm not a Barca Fan, but Messi all the way
Re: World Footballer Of The Year, Cristiano Ronaldo by JonaTheClown: 1:02am On Nov 04, 2013
writers4hire: What has ribery done to deserve it? How many goals has he scored?
CONFIRMED!!
NA RONALDO SEND YOU TO WRITE THIS NONSENSE ABI!
MTCHEW!
WHEN DID NUMBER OF GOALS BECOME A CRITERIA FOR RECEIVE THE AWARD? WAS canavaro a striker?
Re: World Footballer Of The Year, Cristiano Ronaldo by sarutobie(m): 8:04am On Nov 04, 2013
Jona-The-Clown:

CONFIRMED!!
MTCHEW!
WHEN DID NUMBER OF GOALS BECOME A CRITERIA FOR RECEIVE THE AWARD? WAS canavaro a striker?
-When messi and the argentines got thumped by germany in the worldcup,Fifa gave him the best player because of his goals..
-when Ronaldo outscored him the next year,messi got the award for winning the UCL
-when barca got beaten in the UCL the following year,messi won it for breaking 'goal records' and winning la liga
-when madrid won la liga,messi won the title for breaking more goal records..even though they didn't win their domestic league nor the UCL...pray tell,what exactly is the criteria for winning it? It keeps changing to make messi the winner..who knows this time it might be because he is more popular than the rest..messi shouldn't have won the title in a world cup year(2010).
Re: World Footballer Of The Year, Cristiano Ronaldo by nurmanteasynoni: 8:09am On Nov 05, 2013
Jona-The-Clown:

CONFIRMED!!
MTCHEW!
Abeg,,, and who tell u say no be goals them dey use,, if no be goal why iniesta or xavi never win am,,
Re: World Footballer Of The Year, Cristiano Ronaldo by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 05, 2013
sarutobie:
-When messi and the argentines got thumped by germany in the worldcup,Fifa gave him the best player because of his goals..
-when Ronaldo outscored him the next year,messi got the award for winning the UCL
-when barca got beaten in the UCL the following year,messi won it for breaking 'goal records' and winning la liga
-when madrid won la liga,messi won the title for breaking more goal records..even though they didn't win their domestic league nor the UCL...pray tell,what exactly is the criteria for winning it? It keeps changing to make messi the winner..who knows this time it might be because he is more popular than the rest..messi shouldn't have won the title in a world cup year(2010).

You sound pained. But, Ribery will win it. undecided
Re: World Footballer Of The Year, Cristiano Ronaldo by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:46pm On Nov 05, 2013
Ronaldo would deserve it this year if he wins it. He's been lucky that Messi's injury problems since March have hampered his appearances and performances. If not, they are not mates and would never be mates. There's a reason it's Messi that is compared to Pele and Maradonna - and not Ronaldo. Ronaldo is a brilliant footballer. He's just unlucky to be excelling in an era dominated by an even more brilliant footballer.

He's destined to live in Messi's shadow for the rest of his career.
Re: World Footballer Of The Year, Cristiano Ronaldo by omar22(m): 12:51pm On Nov 05, 2013
Arrogant
Big-headed
Greedy
not a team player
Led Real Madrid to nowhere (La Liga?, CL,? King's cup?)
Portugal got to the play-off by the skin of there teeth

Franck Ribery got Munich to the TREBLE!!!
Re: World Footballer Of The Year, Cristiano Ronaldo by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:01pm On Nov 05, 2013
sarutobie:
Ronaldo has never outscored Messi in any season since he moved to Spain. I've heard many people repeat that lie too many times. If I saved 1 naira for everytime I heard that lie, I would have had enough money to buy my own private jet. In the season in question (2010/2011), both players scored 53 goals each. Ronaldo had more La Liga goals and Messi had more Champions League goals. And Ronaldo only scored more La Liga goals because Barca won the league comfortably early and Guardiola rested Messi for the last 4 games as he prepared for the Champions League final. Greedy Ronaldo used those last 4 meaningless games to bag 11 goals. 11 goals in 4 matches!

You can argue about Messi's 2010 award because Sneijder, Xavi and Iniesta had good cases to win it. But Ronaldo has never had a case to win it above Messi.
Re: World Footballer Of The Year, Cristiano Ronaldo by sarutobie(m): 11:41pm On Nov 05, 2013
Obi1kenobi:
Ronaldo has never outscored Messi in any season since he moved to Spain. I've heard many people repeat that lie too many times. If I saved 1 naira for everytime I heard that lie, I would have had enough money to buy my own private jet. In the season in question (2010/2011), both players scored 53 goals each. Ronaldo had more La Liga goals and Messi had more Champions League goals. And Ronaldo only scored more La Liga goals because Barca won the league comfortably early and Guardiola rested Messi for the last 4 games as he prepared for the Champions League final. Greedy Ronaldo used those last 4 meaningless games to bag 11 goals. 11 goals in 4 matches!

You can argue about Messi's 2010 award because Sneijder, Xavi and Iniesta had good cases to win it. But Ronaldo has never had a case to win it above Messi.
Good that you admit messi shouldn't have won it in the world cup year of 2010.sneijda didn't even cut the top 5 of the list even though he led his team to the worldcup finals,won seriaA and UCL the subsequent season..this obvious error calls to question Fifa's credibility..ok check out Fifa's last list of best 11.it was made up of madrid and barca players with only falcao as the odd man out..how fair is that? When bayern players eliminated madrid and also reached the finals that year..not even a single player from the UCL winners(chelsea)..tell me how marcelo,ramos(??),alonso will be on the list when a team like juve went unbeaten in their league conceding the least goals in europe..for the record,I never mentioned Ronaldo(could care less if he won it or not) so this isn't a ronaldo vs messi ish for me,just saying Fifa should start practicing the 'fair play' that they preach.
Re: World Footballer Of The Year, Cristiano Ronaldo by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 06, 2013
All those saying Ribery should win please answer my question and don't beat around the bush!
Q: If u are a Manager of a team say Man City and u have £10 million to loan the services of either Ronaldo, Messi or Ribery for a season, WILL U CONSIDER RIBERY AHEAD OF MESSI OR RONALDO?
Bad belle dey kill Barca fans. As una see ur Messi no deserve win am due to clear outperformance by CR7, una wan carry award dash Platini brother. Even his team mates don't see him as a super player among them. Bayern of today will be same with him on the bench no change!
Ronaldo's character may not be good but make dey give award to whom it is due!!!
Re: World Footballer Of The Year, Cristiano Ronaldo by JonaTheClown: 11:49pm On Nov 06, 2013
Oil&Gas:
All those saying Ribery should win please answer my question and don't beat around the bush!
Q: If u are a Manager of a team say Man City and u have £10 million to loan the services of either Ronaldo, Messi or Ribery for a season, WILL U CONSIDER RIBERY AHEAD OF MESSI OR RONALDO?
Bad belle dey kill Barca fans. As una see ur Messi no deserve win am due to clear outperformance by CR7, una wan carry award dash Platini brother. Even his team mates don't see him as a super player among them. Bayern of today will be same with him on the bench no change!
Ronaldo's character may not be good but make dey give award to whom it is due!!!

Hehehehe, You think say na Oil and Gas Station dem de gives out as criteria? Hehehehe Whether you like it or not Ribery of France and Bayern Munich is well ahead of the other two players. Infact Bayern Munich come win TREBLE this Season on top the UEFA super cup. When it is time for The World Club championship, Ribery will still Consolidate on the excellent Performance he has put up this year.
buhagahagaahaha.
Re: World Footballer Of The Year, Cristiano Ronaldo by Nobody: 8:58am On Nov 07, 2013
[quote
author=Jona-The-Clown]

. [/quote]
You didn't answer my question. Stop hiding under the "treble" story- AS A COACH WILL U DARE PICK RIBERY INSTEAD OF MESSI OR CR7 WHEN U WANT TO CREATE GREATER IMPACT FOR THE TEAM?

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria U20 Must Braced Up Ad Brazil Naame A Strong Squad For The Tournament / Thread For Wwe Fans / Shocking! Two Man Utd Senior Players Fought During The Manchester Derby Halftime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.