Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Asisat Oshoala Nominated For BBC world Footballer Of The Year - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Asisat Oshoala Nominated For BBC world Footballer Of The Year (20489 Views)

Asisat Oshoala Wows In Bikini At The Beach (Photos) / Asisat Oshoala's Mother Poses Proudly With Her Daughter's Glo CAF Award. Photos / Asisat Oshoala Nominated For BBC Women's Footballer Of The Year 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asisat Oshoala Nominated For BBC world Footballer Of The Year by denniece1(m): 7:14pm On Apr 26, 2015
Scotland’s Kim Little is among the nominees for the first ever BBC Women’s Footballer of the Year award, with the shortlist announced on the BBC World Service on Sunday.

Little scored 17 goals in 25 games for Seattle Reign as they won the National Women’s Soccer League in 2014, and was named the league’s Most Valuable Player. The 24-year-old previously enjoyed success with Arsenal and Hibernian, winning 13 trophies in Britain before signing for Seattle.

“Considering the competitiveness and the amount of great players there are worldwide, it’s extremely nice to be recognised,” Little said of her nomination.

Little is joined on the global shortlist by Liverpool’s Nigerian forward Asisat Oshoala.

Oshoala, who joined the Reds in January 2015, was named the best player of the 2014 Under-20 World Cup, and was also top scorer as Nigeria reached the final.

“I worked hard last year but I am surprised to be nominated and I feel very appreciated,” said Oshoala.

“This award is a very good thing for women’s football,” Oshoala continued.

“It can really help us by encouraging other countries to support their ladies more and treat them the same way they treat the men.”

The shortlist is completed by Spain’s Verónica Boquete, Germany’s Nadine Kessler and Brazilian legend Marta, who joined Oshoala in highlighting the award as a sign that the women’s game is growing globally.

“When I was younger I had to overcome many things: I was the only girl and I used to have to play with the boys. It was complicated and difficult. It’s better today – the girls don’t have the same difficulties being accepted,” Marta said.

Mary Hockaday, controller of the BBC World Service English said: “The five shortlisted players represent an incredible array of talent and show the growing strength of the women’s game. The vote is now open to fans to choose their favourite player.”

Fans can vote online and using their mobile phone or handheld device, at bbc.com/womensfootball.

The vote will close on Monday 11th May at 10am, with the winner revealed on the BBC World Service on 26th May. The shortlist was selected by a panel of experts including administrators, journalists, coaches and former players.

BBC Women’s Footballer of the Year shortlist

Verónica Boquete (Spain and FFC Frankfurt)

Nadine Kessler (Germany and VFL Wolfsburg)

Kim Little (Scotland and Seattle Reign FC)

Marta (Brazil and FC Rosengard)

Asisat Oshoala (Nigeria and Liverpool)

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/26/bbc-womens-footballer-kim-little-asisat-oshoala? hootPostID=193073ab83caa3192cd73222932e2570

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asisat Oshoala Nominated For BBC world Footballer Of The Year by denniece1(m): 7:20pm On Apr 26, 2015
Visit this link on how to vote online and by sms

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/32403506

You can vote online here

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/womens/wfoty-vote/2015

Just voted for our own asisat Oshoala

Cc: lalasticlala

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asisat Oshoala Nominated For BBC world Footballer Of The Year by shawwal1(m): 7:36pm On Apr 26, 2015
Yes oh! happy for her,though she will not win it,but nominating her among other best female footballers is worth it.As for the boys continue playing in India,Armenia,Malta,Belgium n expect to be recorgnized

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asisat Oshoala Nominated For BBC world Footballer Of The Year by olapluto(m): 8:15pm On Apr 26, 2015
Please move this to the fp, and lets vote massively for this girl. she scored one and had one assist today in the game between Liverpool and Man city.
To vote for BBC Women's Footballer of the Year 2015 by SMS, text the number of the player you wish to vote for to +44 7786 20 20 04 .
Text 1 for Veronica Boquete, 2 for Nadine Kessler, 3 for Kim Little, 4 for Marta and 5 for Asisat Oshoala.

This wont cost you more than 100 naira!

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Asisat Oshoala Nominated For BBC world Footballer Of The Year by MrBasketball: 8:21pm On Apr 26, 2015
No pinshure?
Re: Asisat Oshoala Nominated For BBC world Footballer Of The Year by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:21pm On Apr 26, 2015
The female Messi cool ... Go girl !

1 Like

Re: Asisat Oshoala Nominated For BBC world Footballer Of The Year by okooloyun1(m): 8:21pm On Apr 26, 2015
Congrat sis,Pls let's vote for her.

1 Like

Re: Asisat Oshoala Nominated For BBC world Footballer Of The Year by slimzypink(f): 8:21pm On Apr 26, 2015
yaaaaay am happy for her..hopefully she wins...but looking at the other people profile cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Asisat Oshoala Nominated For BBC world Footballer Of The Year by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 26, 2015
The albinos ain't gonna let a cookie win no s*hit.
Asis. .. U good and we support you... We vote just to let you know we got your back...

1 Like

Re: Asisat Oshoala Nominated For BBC world Footballer Of The Year by pharmow: 8:22pm On Apr 26, 2015
Congrats to her. If she can be nurtured well, she is the new face of Nigeria female football.

Beautiful and skillful

2 Likes

Re: Asisat Oshoala Nominated For BBC world Footballer Of The Year by TheRealAdonye(m): 8:22pm On Apr 26, 2015
Congrats Asisat. #YNWA

2 Likes

Re: Asisat Oshoala Nominated For BBC world Footballer Of The Year by tucky200(m): 8:22pm On Apr 26, 2015
Nyc one jare
Re: Asisat Oshoala Nominated For BBC world Footballer Of The Year by MyLane: 8:23pm On Apr 26, 2015
Congratulations to her
I wish her the very best in her career!
Re: Asisat Oshoala Nominated For BBC world Footballer Of The Year by jamex93(m): 8:23pm On Apr 26, 2015
wish her all d best oo

Re: Asisat Oshoala Nominated For BBC world Footballer Of The Year by hamaworld(m): 8:23pm On Apr 26, 2015
How those that stop man u from collecting 3 gbosa from Everton.

And chelshit parking tractor

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asisat Oshoala Nominated For BBC world Footballer Of The Year by tiamiyukunle69(m): 8:23pm On Apr 26, 2015
This is really encouraging
Re: Asisat Oshoala Nominated For BBC world Footballer Of The Year by missionmex(m): 8:23pm On Apr 26, 2015
That's a good news
A welcome development
But we all know she won't win it.
Re: Asisat Oshoala Nominated For BBC world Footballer Of The Year by blackjack21(m): 8:23pm On Apr 26, 2015
big congratulation to her.

20:22:43
Sun, Apr 26, 2015
Re: Asisat Oshoala Nominated For BBC world Footballer Of The Year by hos4x(m): 8:23pm On Apr 26, 2015
Re: Asisat Oshoala Nominated For BBC world Footballer Of The Year by snowland(m): 8:23pm On Apr 26, 2015
And this is what am talking about. Wetin over over fed super chicken cannot do, little Oshoala is doing it. Even if she does not win it, the recognition alone is worth it. Go girl.

2 Likes

Re: Asisat Oshoala Nominated For BBC world Footballer Of The Year by missionmex(m): 8:26pm On Apr 26, 2015
shawwal1:
Yes oh! happy for her,though she will not win it,but nominating her among other best female footballers is worth it.As for the boys continue playing in India,Armenia,Malta,Belgium n expect to be recorgnized
those ones are in it for the money alone.
Re: Asisat Oshoala Nominated For BBC world Footballer Of The Year by Nobody: 8:26pm On Apr 26, 2015
fp
Re: Asisat Oshoala Nominated For BBC world Footballer Of The Year by snowland(m): 8:27pm On Apr 26, 2015
denniece1:
Visit this link on how to vote online and by sms

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/32403506

You can vote online here

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/womens/wfoty-vote/2015

Just voted for our own asisat Oshoala

Cc: lalasticlala

Hope these PDP supporters will not blame Oshoala for online rigging if she wins it. The TANIODS are known for saying online polls do not count.

2 Likes

Re: Asisat Oshoala Nominated For BBC world Footballer Of The Year by Nobody: 8:27pm On Apr 26, 2015
I have done my part by voting for her. I pray and hope she won at the end of the day.

God bless Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Asisat Oshoala Nominated For BBC world Footballer Of The Year by missionmex(m): 8:27pm On Apr 26, 2015
hamaworld:
How those that stop man u from collecting 3 gbosa from Everton.

And chelshit parking tractor
e dey pain u?
Re: Asisat Oshoala Nominated For BBC world Footballer Of The Year by Eureka123(f): 8:28pm On Apr 26, 2015
I pray our own wins. I've voted Asisat, what are you waiting for? embarassed embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Asisat Oshoala Nominated For BBC world Footballer Of The Year by UnknownT: 8:28pm On Apr 26, 2015
Her picture should follow the news article
Re: Asisat Oshoala Nominated For BBC world Footballer Of The Year by Generalkorex(m): 8:28pm On Apr 26, 2015
I wish her d best.
I have voted for her now.shez my no 1 crush
Re: Asisat Oshoala Nominated For BBC world Footballer Of The Year by hensben(m): 8:29pm On Apr 26, 2015
Correct babe
Re: Asisat Oshoala Nominated For BBC world Footballer Of The Year by phrezzz: 8:29pm On Apr 26, 2015
so happy for her. watched her play today for liverpool ladies. she scored and gave an assist as her club won 2-1 against manchester city ladies. liverpool ladies are currently top of the league in england.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gernot Rohr Shortlisted For Algeria Job / Manchester United Pursue Bakayoko / How To Win Virtual Soccer Bet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.