Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,942 members, 7,828,308 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE. (1493 Views)

How The English Premier League Is Going To End / English Premier League 2014/2015 Opening Preview And Tips / English Premier League All Time Winners. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE. by 02(m): 3:27pm On Jul 11, 2008
Hello nairalander,
PLEASE I am carrying out a research and i will like to have your sincere response.I shall put some questions forward and would love u response.Thanks for partipating.

1.WHY ARE YOUTHS IN NIGERIA ADDICTED TO THE ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE?
2.WHAT INFLUENCES THE CHOICE OF CLUBS THE SUPPORT?
3.DOES THE FOLLOWER SHIP OF THE ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE HAVE EFFECT ON THE YOUTHS?
4.IF ANY,WHAT ARE THESE PROBLEMS?
5.HOW CAN THESE PROBLEMS BE SURMOUNTED?

I SHALL BE GRATEFUL IF YPU GIVE ME SINCERE RESPONSES.
Re: ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE. by Mustay(m): 3:34pm On Jul 11, 2008
I would be waiting for the outcome of your research
Re: ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE. by tkb417(m): 3:54pm On Jul 11, 2008
First off
this ur research no get meaning cos their is no problem anywhere. Its flawed from the outset cos u feel supporting foreign clubs is a problem.

Lemme help u

1) The youths in Nigeria are not addicted but are opportuned to follow live EPL games and they've grown to like what they see week in week out. How that is a prob. i dunno

2) Personalities in each club tend to sway peoples support. I love SAF and i started supporting UTD cos of him. if he leaves, i'll still be supporting the club cos ive grown to love what the club represent. Success!!! They are used to winning and i cant support a losing team

3)Effects on the youths? i dunno what ure talking about o. maybe ure trying to address the current mad rush to support clubs in 9ja. Yeah, the proliferation of internet, sattelite TV have made it cheap for all to see. Now its no more exclusive for the rich, everyone can now watch footie whereevr its been played all over the world.
effects? some touts now support clubs and whenever a high profile game is being played, some touts tend to unleash terror on unsuspecting rival club supporters. in short, football followership in Nigeria is tending towards violence

4) Violence by hoodlums. just like the Chelski fans in 9ja. it used to be the arsenal supporters in isale eko

5) there are no problems. dont go to viewing centers to watch. stay in ur house to avoid unnecessary slap from the street urchins

are u ok?
Re: ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE. by Mustay(m): 4:08pm On Jul 11, 2008
tkb417:

4) Violence by hoodlums. just like the Chelski fans in Nigeria. it used to be the arsenal supporters in isale eko

Ehen, i'm just hearing that it has gooten to the 'chelsea fans'!

But these ain't jus hoodlums alone o!

It has to od with the psyche of the supporter

tkb417:

5) there are no problems. don't go to viewing centers to watch. stay in your house to avoid unnecessary slap from the street urchins

this won't solve the problem either. On documentaries I listen to about Africans and their 'fanaticsm' - it's even worse when the team is an African team. African peeps are passionate about football.
Re: ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE. by urfriend(m): 10:10am On Jul 31, 2008
EPL FIXTURES FOR FREE TO AIR STATIONS IN NIGERIA AND AFRICA FOR AUG. TO DEC 2008.

Sunderland v Liverpool – 17.30 Saturday 16th August
Portsmouth v Man Utd – 20.00 Monday 25th August
Arsenal v Newcastle – 17.30 Saturday 30th August
Tottenham v Aston Villa – 20.00 Monday 15th September
Bolton v Arsenal – 17.30 Saturday 20th September
Arsenal v Hull City – 17.30 Saturday 27th September
Blackburn v Man Utd – 17.30 Saturday 4th October
Newcastle v Man City – 20.00 Monday 20th October
Blackburn v Middlesbrough – 17.30 Saturday 25th October
Newcastle v Aston Villa – 20.00 Monday 3rd November
Liverpool v West Bromwich Albion – 17.30 Saturday 8th November
Arsenal v Aston Villa – 15.00 Saturday 15th November
Wigan v Everton – 20.00 Monday 24th November
Liverpool v West Ham – 20.00 Monday 1st December
Re: ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE. by dyabman(m): 10:55am On Jul 31, 2008
urfriend:

EPL FIXTURES FOR FREE TO AIR STATIONS IN NIGERIA AND AFRICA FOR AUG. TO DEC 2008.

Sunderland v Liverpool – 17.30 Saturday 16th August
Portsmouth v Man Utd – 20.00 Monday 25th August
Arsenal v Newcastle – 17.30 Saturday 30th August
Tottenham v Aston Villa – 20.00 Monday 15th September
Bolton v Arsenal – 17.30 Saturday 20th September
Arsenal v Hull City – 17.30 Saturday 27th September
Blackburn v Man Utd – 17.30 Saturday 4th October
Newcastle v Man City – 20.00 Monday 20th October
Blackburn v Middlesbrough – 17.30 Saturday 25th October
Newcastle v Aston Villa – 20.00 Monday 3rd November
Liverpool v West Bromwich Albion – 17.30 Saturday 8th November
Arsenal v Aston Villa – 15.00 Saturday 15th November
Wigan v Everton – 20.00 Monday 24th November
Liverpool v West Ham – 20.00 Monday 1st December

No chelsea match,
Re: ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE. by Olayemi09: 1:26am On Aug 07, 2008
The reason why Nigerian youths are addicted to English premiership is that they play standard soccer,it is fun to watch compare to the ones we have around.
   What also influence the side you support is their history,the cacaliberf players they parade and so on.I don't think it has any bad effect on the Nigerian youth.

(1) (Reply)

Emmanuel Eboue Insults Super Eagles And Nigeria On Twitter / Nike Free Run 5.0 Mens Running Shoes UK For Sale / Throwback To A Massive Nigeria Premier League Clash In 1978

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.