Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Blatter: Messi Didn't Deserve World Cup 2014's Golden Ball - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Blatter: Messi Didn't Deserve World Cup 2014's Golden Ball (1488 Views)

Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? / FIFA Releases World Cup Golden Ball Nominees / Cortana Predicts Germany To Beat Brazil In The World Cup 2014 Semi-Final Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blatter: Messi Didn't Deserve World Cup 2014's Golden Ball by baski92(m): 7:57pm On Oct 28, 2014
The Swiss footballing chief said it was "incorrect" to give the
Argentina forward the award in retrospect, despite his
goalscoring heroics in World Cup 2014's group stage
Fifa president Sepp Blatter does not believe Lionel Messi
deserved the World Cup 2014 Golden Ball award for being the
best player at the tournament.
Quite a few eyebrows were raised when the Argentina forward
was handed the award after his team were beaten in the final,
despite having had relatively little impact compared to team-
mates and opponents after the group stage - in which he had
unquestionably starred.
Blatter, who has said in the past that he thought Germany
goalkeeper Manuel Neuer had deserved the accolade,
slammed the award process only a few hours after Messi was
named among the 23-man shortlist for the Fifa Ballon d'Or
"I think the decision to give Messi the Golden Ball was
incorrect," he told reporters at a press event in Moscow,
Russia, as he inspected preparations for the next World Cup.
"I was surprised when I received the committee’s decision.
They told me they had only looked at 10 of the players who
took part in the final."
Messi has won the Ballon d'Or four times in his career,
although in the past 18 months his stock has fallen
somewhat, despite still being considered one of the greatest
players in the world.
A silverware-free season in 2013-14 with Barcelona - aside
from the Supercopa, which came more than 12 months ago -
and a failure to skipper Argentina to World Cup glory makes a
Ballon d'Or 2014 victory unlikely, with Cristiano Ronaldo,
Arjen Robben and Neuer among the more favoured
candidates.

Re: Blatter: Messi Didn't Deserve World Cup 2014's Golden Ball by Baddestguyp(m): 8:08pm On Oct 28, 2014
k, so who does, Neuer? diving robben or golden boot James? or maybe muller. what a joke.

for d ballon d'or messi doesn't deserve it. a German player should get it but we all know messi or ronaldo will get d vote. FIFA is bias, just look at d 23 man shortlist
Re: Blatter: Messi Didn't Deserve World Cup 2014's Golden Ball by golddeejay(m): 8:48pm On Oct 28, 2014
medicine after death
Re: Blatter: Messi Didn't Deserve World Cup 2014's Golden Ball by tuffgongjo(m): 6:58am On Oct 29, 2014
Even Ray Charles$Steve Wonder can see that.
Re: Blatter: Messi Didn't Deserve World Cup 2014's Golden Ball by Baddestguyp(m): 9:08am On Oct 29, 2014
tuffgongjo:
Even Ray Charles$Steve Wonder can see that.
hater tongue you don rush go all messi thread just dey hate
Re: Blatter: Messi Didn't Deserve World Cup 2014's Golden Ball by tuffgongjo(m): 9:31am On Oct 29, 2014
Baddestguyp:
hater tongue you don rush go all messi thread just dey hate
hate him for saying d obvious?common stop living in denial.
Re: Blatter: Messi Didn't Deserve World Cup 2014's Golden Ball by Baddestguyp(m): 10:27am On Oct 29, 2014
tuffgongjo:
hate him for saying d obvious?common stop living in denial.
maradona and blatter are the same, today they'll say this, tomorrow another thing. d facts are in favour of messi. check out his wc stats and tell me who is better.
Re: Blatter: Messi Didn't Deserve World Cup 2014's Golden Ball by Pes13: 11:15am On Oct 29, 2014
I'm a big cr7 fan, I always counter messi's discussions, aggreviated by die-hard messi fans. But lets state d obvious and nt being baised, messi deserves d World cup best player accolade.

Tnxs 2 acursed higuain, palacio nd some fools, Argentina should av won d worldcup b4 extra time with nothing less dan 3-0 margin.
They all wasted messi's individual effort in d final

remember hw argentina played against Nigeria, dey dominated us, but immediately messi was substituted, we started dominating toothless argentina.

Infact check all argentina goals, without messi, dey would av finished bottom with 2 points

But d ballon'dor, cr7 deserves it, nothing more, nothing less.

No germany players deserves it, dey only av excellent team work, dey av no individual exceptional foots.
Re: Blatter: Messi Didn't Deserve World Cup 2014's Golden Ball by tuffgongjo(m): 11:28am On Oct 29, 2014
Baddestguyp:
maradona and blatter are the same, today they'll say this, tomorrow another thing. d facts are in favour of messi. check out his wc stats and tell me who is better.
I watched that world cup dude,after the group stage messi became a "passanger",don't feed me some statistic bullsh#t.
Re: Blatter: Messi Didn't Deserve World Cup 2014's Golden Ball by Baddestguyp(m): 11:50am On Oct 29, 2014
Pes13:
I'm a big cr7 fan, I always counter messi's discussions, aggreviated by die-hard messi fans. But lets state d obvious and nt being baised, messi deserves d World cup best player accolade.

Tnxs 2 acursed higuain, palacio nd some fools, Argentina should av won d worldcup b4 extra time with nothing less dan 3-0 margin.

remember hw argentina played against Nigeria, dey dominated us, but immediately messi was substituted, we started dominating toothless argentina.

Infact check all argentina goals, without messi, dey would av finished bottom with 2 points

No germany players deserves it, dey only av excellent team work, dey av no individual exceptional foots.
you're right but d wc shouldn't be exempted cos its d highest competition in football. ballon d or is supposed to be for d entire year but what happens wen u exempt d most important competition of d year. if I were to vote, I would give it to Neuer tho he's a keeper. but since its based on voting and most coaches and players like cr7 it'll go to him. but fact is Idc anymore. I started losing faith in it wen messi bagged it in 2010 and ronaldo winning in 2013 instead of ribery. and now suarez, modric, rakitic, vidal, reus, lewandowski, godin, etc not on d list? imagine iniesta on that list, wtf
Re: Blatter: Messi Didn't Deserve World Cup 2014's Golden Ball by mpowa(m): 12:23pm On Oct 29, 2014
Pes13:

Emmanuel Nuer had been outstanding for both club and country, is there any rule that says keepers can't win it.
Re: Blatter: Messi Didn't Deserve World Cup 2014's Golden Ball by Pes13: 1:50pm On Oct 29, 2014
mpowa:

Emmanuel Nuer had been outstanding for both club and country, is there any rule that says keepers can't win it.
If u compare ronaldo goals 2 neur cleansheet

If u compare cr7 man of d match 2 nuer man of d match

Ronaldo wins it

morover goalkeepers score freely frm setpieces,header,

neur scored nothing

If u compare neur 2 other goalkeepers, he is still nt d best footballer, he is just d best @ defending

Av watched goalkeeper scoring

B4 he stands a chance he must be good @ attacking and defending like his counterpart.

1 Like

Re: Blatter: Messi Didn't Deserve World Cup 2014's Golden Ball by Baddestguyp(m): 1:56pm On Oct 29, 2014
messi, the most hated footballer of our time.

I don dey pity for d guy sha. they should leave him alone and stop spoiling his name, he clearly said he isn't interested in individual awards and isn't responding to all the hate
Re: Blatter: Messi Didn't Deserve World Cup 2014's Golden Ball by Johnnny(m): 2:39pm On Oct 29, 2014
Sepp Blatter the HYPOCRITE. Did Messi beg you for the award? Did Messi give himself the award? Are you blind, deaf and dumb as at that time? You gave a job to the committee, they did their best and submitted their report to you, you took it hook, line and sinker and said its ok, good-job. Now you are putting Messi's name to ridicule for your own error in judgement, as if you know nothing about it. mtchewww
Re: Blatter: Messi Didn't Deserve World Cup 2014's Golden Ball by RockMaxi: 4:07pm On Oct 29, 2014
Why cry out now, should we go and retrieve it from him. Since it was a committee's decision, why kick against it now.

The expression on messi's face that night says it all. ❇
Truth be told who else deserved it? ♣
Re: Blatter: Messi Didn't Deserve World Cup 2014's Golden Ball by Baddestguyp(m): 5:37pm On Oct 29, 2014
RockMaxi:
Why cry out now, should we go and retrieve it from him. Since it was a committee's decision, why kick against it now.

The expression on messi's face that night says it all. ❇
Truth be told who else deserved it? ♣
I wonder, they won't leave d guy alone

(1) (Reply)

BOXING Fight Schedule For Tomorrow / Follow Me On My Daily Rollover / Aguero Could Feature In Saturday Match Against Stoke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.