Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,023 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google (43460 Views)

Revealed- Get To The Top Of Google Search Results In 30 Days / 5 + 1 Reasons To Buy An Android Tablet / What Do You Think Of Google's Crazy Project--balloon-powered Internet Access. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by wman(m): 2:44pm On Nov 05, 2013
You could also say Google owns the internet.

Google Maps
Google Translate
Google Books
Gmail
Youtube
Google Chrome
Android OS
Chrome OS
Google Nexus range of phones
Google glass e.t.c(E too plenty!)

So much educational programs like:
Google Business Group
Google Developers Group
Google Student Ambassodors

Those guys don't stop. They keep on adding new, futuristic things to the Google Franchise.

They have the largest amount of servers in the world.
Gmail is the best mail client in the world.
Youtube is the best & most popular video hub in the world.
Google Maps is so damn reliable (Even shows individual buildings in my school)
Google Search engine is so awesome. Its so improved mehn.
Google 'LA Lakers roster' and it would bring it out so clear with photographs before the search results.
Google '1 km to mile' or any other conversion and it would show the result directly.
The other Google search tricks are so cool(filetype:, site:, boolean logic e.t.c)
Google glass is the future of mobile entertainment. More apps are being developed for it regularly.
Android OS controls roughly 80% of the smartphone market.
Their research process is even touted as the 2nd most secretive in the world after Apple.
Imagine during the development of the Android OS, the Android staff even had their seperate canteens(secluded from other staff). Their secrecy is even causing disgruntments from their own staff.

Google is the business/tech franchise I admire most

Watch out for those guys in future!!!
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by dridowu: 2:46pm On Nov 05, 2013
Nice 1 from google but that 1 from universal music group scare me
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by agohavivi(f): 2:46pm On Nov 05, 2013
Very recently, there was a satellite picture of the aerial view of a church that showed the roof having the shape of a male s, e, x organ. It was so, so funny to imagine that as the aerial view of a church when viewed from heaven. Also from google map.

Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 05, 2013
Make una no just forget SKYNET for Terminator, na so e dey take start.

Yes Yes advancement in technology is a welcomed development, Google is one of the best things that happened to the internet.

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by Beaf1: 2:49pm On Nov 05, 2013
Bossforeva: The lord knows i'll never ride on that car with that huge pole that looks like a television station mast on it

^Even if they happen to be the ONLY cars around in 2040? grin
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by Simonet: 2:49pm On Nov 05, 2013
True. Google has become too powerful as far as the internet goes.

They now decide for people what they should see online, all in the name of better search results.

Meanwhile, their search results are still never flawless!

You still sometimes have to dig till the 3rd or 4th page to get what u want!

2 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by cumpaddre(m): 2:51pm On Nov 05, 2013
I still haven't seen what I should be scared of
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by richeyy(m): 2:52pm On Nov 05, 2013
Nothing is a secret with Google. With just a Gmail account, everything about your personal live turns up online. Its crazy!
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by Mickey7(m): 2:54pm On Nov 05, 2013
Hehehe Big Brother is watching you!
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by lastmessenger: 2:55pm On Nov 05, 2013
I perfectly understand why palestine is first in the countries that search for the world sex.you see their women gets married at a very early stage maybe 11 12 or 13 and they are made to sit in the house.if the are to got out, they must cover everywhere leaving only 2 holes for their eyes to see. Oh poor boys looking for a way to have a better view of what a woman looks like.GOOGLE thank you for helping them out.

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 05, 2013
There's nothing to be fearful about here. Nice info, though.
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by Sike(m): 2:57pm On Nov 05, 2013
Elliotwiz1: 9-Pakistan is the country that looks up the word sex the most on Google!
You would think that more 'liberal' countries like the United States or the United Kingdom would be at the top of these rankings, but the top ten is actually comprised of mostly Middle East, European and Asian countries.
After Pakistan, Vietnam came in 2nd place, while India and Egypt were in 3rd and 4th place. Eight out of the top ten countries were either Asian or Middle Eastern nations. Google may have a negative effect on the society because anything can be seen by anyone, even minors, or Maybe they just don’t have s ex education in their schools and they're curious? What do you think? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2342217/Pakistan-internet-users-Google-searches-gay-sex-despite-worlds-homophobic-countries.html
I think this one got me ROTFLMAO.
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 05, 2013
Elliotwiz1: 9-Pakistan is the country that looks up the word sex the most on Google!
You would think that more 'liberal' countries like the United States or the United Kingdom would be at the top of these rankings, but the top ten is actually comprised of mostly Middle East, European and Asian countries.
After Pakistan, Vietnam came in 2nd place, while India and Egypt were in 3rd and 4th place. Eight out of the top ten countries were either Asian or Middle Eastern nations. Google may have a negative effect on the society because anything can be seen by anyone, even minors, or Maybe they just don’t have s ex education in their schools and they're curious? What do you think? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2342217/Pakistan-internet-users-Google-searches-gay-sex-despite-worlds-homophobic-countries.html
Your source indicated it was gay sex and not just sex.
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by Beennkumar(m): 2:59pm On Nov 05, 2013
Where are the 9 reasons that'll actually make me scared?undecided
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by hypenation: 3:01pm On Nov 05, 2013
This is the future
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by Bobosky123(m): 3:11pm On Nov 05, 2013
Damn its not just a nice post..This should get u all thinking about how global the world is. But if its true then why don't the Federal Govt have a deal with google, so as to help with our insecurity crisis?
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by importexpert(m): 3:14pm On Nov 05, 2013
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by wman(m): 3:18pm On Nov 05, 2013
Bobosky123: Damn its not just a nice post..This should get u all thinking about how global the world is. But if its true then why don't the Federal Govt have a deal with google, so as to help with our insecurity crisis?

Impossible. Its illegal. There's what we call a privacy right.
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by pringles2: 3:26pm On Nov 05, 2013
wman:

Impossible. Its illegal. There's what we call a privacy right.
I don't agree, cos am sure there is a privacy policy that the user must have consented to.
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by BekeeBuAgbara: 3:38pm On Nov 05, 2013
shocked
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by lincolnj88: 3:40pm On Nov 05, 2013

I said it....appearance is deceitful..... But motive of the heart matters most.......with,all dier hijab dey still google sex word ...even thier guys also google gay word
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by Swiftboy(m): 3:43pm On Nov 05, 2013
Toh this is a confirmation and for the first time am saying end time things! cheesy
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by algorithm(m): 3:44pm On Nov 05, 2013
.*spreads boxers* ASUU, sorry GOOGLE had better bring their cameras.
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by IAMBREEZY: 4:02pm On Nov 05, 2013
NOTED#
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by Decryptor(m): 4:04pm On Nov 05, 2013
A very good reason for me to believe that movie called "Eagle Eye"
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by 9jahubcom(m): 4:04pm On Nov 05, 2013
gidzbobby: *claps for him*......... i like this.....
nor be small tin
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by slightlyMad(f): 4:10pm On Nov 05, 2013
reserved
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by Adex097: 4:12pm On Nov 05, 2013
One Word====== Hypocrites!!!

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by frodobee: 4:12pm On Nov 05, 2013
Bossforeva: The lord knows i'll never ride on that car with that huge pole that looks like a television station mast on it
^That car is safer than any Chaufer-driven car, not to talk of any public transporter in Nigeria. You do not border with ogogoro driver, sleepy driver, careless driver, you just have all the time to urself to browse as the car drives you. According to Forbes magazine, it is safer than traditionally driven car and the future. Dont fear change accept change.
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by nwaobitex: 4:12pm On Nov 05, 2013
nice post
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by Adex097: 4:12pm On Nov 05, 2013
Plz guys, how much is google

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Blood Moon Total Lunar Eclipse Coming This Sunday (Photos) / 15-Year-Old Ikechukwu Divine Oramike Designs Working Models Of Luxury Cars / Adam Thorn Allows Six-Foot Python Bite Him In Australia (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.