Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,689 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

Why Do Nigerian Women Wants The Men To Do Everything? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Nigerian Women Wants The Men To Do Everything? (1257 Views)

Man Feels Guilty Everytime His Wife Reigns Curses On The Men Who Raped Her. / See What Nigerian Women Can Do (photos) / Why We Cheat On Our Husbands - Nigerian Women Open Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerian Women Wants The Men To Do Everything? by MCKULQ(m): 10:50am On Nov 04, 2013
Why do nigerian women wants the man to do everything ?

From what i have seen, it's like in this part of the world; Nigeria,it seems our women do not have any
role to play in the family.

In most families the woman is working and get paid well in her field than the man, yet she keeps
demanding from the man.IN most families, the man plays the financial roles from the house rent to the
feeding, down to the children's school fees, nepa/water bills and even clothing. But is not like this
in other countries where the woman has her own role in the family.( Eg ),
she takes care of the house rent or nepa/water bills at the end of every month.

my question here is, what is our women doing with there salaries?. Because this is really given me
headache.

team garri price
team end time is also allowed.

I want you to drop your comment and provide answers to these questions.

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Wants The Men To Do Everything? by Nobody: 11:10am On Nov 04, 2013
You post was a generalism which is never the case. Things are getting better and more and more women are beginning to see that there is a need to contribute financially to the house. Having said that there is still a long way to go. Alot of it has to do with upbringing and you will find that 30 years ago, the men provided every single item in the house. So if people grew up in that kind of environment, it is difficult for them to change overnight.

I actually have a female friend that told me paying house rent is strictly the man's responsibility and she earns as much as her hudband. That being said, I will still encourage our men to take leadership position is financial management even if the wife earns very well. You do not want to burden the wife but you should also teach your wives how to spend money. Lots of guys believe their wife's money is not their business because they want to be the "man of the house". I suggest all family expenses should be planned together.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Wants The Men To Do Everything? by ammyluv2002(f): 11:45am On Nov 04, 2013
Your answer is very simple.........

Gen 2:22 " And from the rib, which LORD GOD had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man"

Secondly, how dare you use that word "everything" Who does the cooking, wash, clean, ba*g, house keep , love, care, pray, fast and above all bring a child into dis world with 9months of dis comfort

Roles of a husband : go to work, hang out, come home, ba*g, shower, ba*g, sleep, ba*g, and pay d bills datz all !!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Wants The Men To Do Everything? by ireneidiva(f): 1:06pm On Nov 04, 2013
Nigerian men don't like doing chores. You don't expect a women who does ALL the domestic work to still pay the bills. Do you?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Wants The Men To Do Everything? by Kanwulia: 2:36pm On Nov 04, 2013
Because NIGERIAN men raise their daughters that way! They never learned to appreciate women as EQUAL partners! kiss

See what Stella Oduah is going through in that una Naija JUNGO? Which kain teif she teif wey NAIJA MAN never teif before?

If you are a strong woman NIGERIAN NIGGERZ will try to tear you down, with the help of women like YOU of course! ALL TO CHOP BLOKOS or to do 'ASHAWO-TEN-SHILLINGS'! With all their 'women empowerment NGOs' too! Hunh!

What else can a NAIJA WOMAN DO BUT FOLD HER ARMS? grin

My H-Agnostic Gawd bless H-America my home sweet home jare!!!! cool

*na who sen these senior citizens come gym this morning? undecided na so-so MESS dem dey MESS for my front o. METAMUCIL abi na GAS-X all of dem chop this morrrrring? cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Wants The Men To Do Everything? by tpia5: 4:19pm On Nov 04, 2013
If they mess for your front you too mess for their own front abi your own butt no dey produce gas ni?

Awon satanic holier than thou!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Wants The Men To Do Everything? by wwwkaycom(m): 4:14am On Nov 05, 2013
tpia@:
If they mess for your front you too mess for their own front abi your own butt no dey produce gas ni?

the teenager is even writing from Asaba, dont mind him, mtsheeew!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Wants The Men To Do Everything? by greatgod2012(f): 5:28am On Nov 05, 2013
@op, you're generalising, and that is not fair to those women who are not like that, women helps financially, but it depends on factors like background, mindset, upbringing, and the company kept by the woman involved.

UPBRINGING/BACKGROUND......If a woman comes from a home where it is the father that provides all, financially, she will believe tha, that is how it should be when she too gets married, and the status quo countinues.

MINDSET........Some women just believe that since they are the one doing all the house chores, it is also pertinent for the men to do all the financing, SOP(separation of power). I have a sister like that.

COMPANY.......When and if a woman keeps company with fellow women who believes that all financing should be borne by men alone, then, sooner or later, she will also join the team in believing and acting such, and before the man says jack, you will be hearing statement like...."your mates out there are doing it, why cant you do it", "you're only too lazy, too stingy, too selfish, not ambitious, dont expect to be respected, and all not whats.

In my opinion, leaving all finances for men alone, especially, when the woman is also working and earning is nothing but wickedness, haba, does the woman want to kill the man? Not even in this our "God have mercy" economy we are in. In the same vein, since, a good turn, they say deserves another, a man should also endeavour to help the woman at home as regards house chores, a man who doesnt do that is also wicked, haba, some men sha, they will sit down with their legs crossed, watching TV, while their wives are cooking, washing plates, washing clothes, taking care of the kids, mopping the floor, etc on a daily basis, and at the end of the day, still expect the women to contribute to the financial aspect, haba, it's annoying now, except the person is not a human.

"Otun we osi, osi we otun, ni owo fi nmo"
Husband and wife should work as a team, and automatically, thing will fall in its rightful places.
My opinion anyway.
May God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Wants The Men To Do Everything? by tpia5: 6:32am On Nov 05, 2013
wwwkaycom:
the teenager is even writing from Asaba, dont mind him, mtsheeew!

if he likes let him be writing from after asaba!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Wants The Men To Do Everything? by Nobody: 6:53am On Nov 05, 2013
ireneidiva: Nigerian men don't like doing chores. You don't expect a women who does ALL the domestic work to still pay the bills. Do you?

Seconded!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Wants The Men To Do Everything? by MCKULQ(m): 10:13am On Nov 05, 2013
ammyluv2002: Your answer is very simple.........

Gen 2:22 " And from the rib, which LORD GOD had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man"

Secondly, how dare you use that word "everything" Who does the cooking, wash, clean, ba*g, house keep , love, care, pray, fast and above all bring a child into dis world with 9months of dis comfort

Roles of a husband : go to work, hang out, come home, ba*g, shower, ba*g, sleep, ba*g, and pay d bills datz all !!!!

Thanks, but yet is not the answer to my question
My boss asked me to find out these for him because the wife does not contribute to any financial role
in the family and the wife gets paid well then him. He wants to know what women do with there money.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Wants The Men To Do Everything? by MCKULQ(m): 10:15am On Nov 05, 2013
tpia@:

grin

(1) (Reply)

This 170 Years Old Nigerian May Have His Soul Hiding In A Hard To Kill Animal / My Hubby's Birthday Is Today / Family Fun At Agodi Gardens Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.