Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,062 members, 7,818,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting (105176 Views)

Jonathan, ASUU Meeting: Varsity Teachers Still Undecided / Outcome Of Monday's ASUU Meeting: ASUU Members To Decide On FG’S Fresh Offer / ASUU Meeting With Fg To Continue Tomorrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by ifeanyija(m): 3:37pm On Nov 04, 2013
The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU)
will meet with President Goodluck Jonathan later
Monday afternoon at 2pm.

The leadership of ASUU are currently meeting with
the Senate President, David Mark and some other
legislative officials at the National Assembly.

In preparation to the meeting which is meant to
find a lasting solution to the ongoing strike action
which has kept students home for four months
now, the President held a closed door meeting
with the supervising minister of education.

The ASUU team is expected to proceed to the villa
after the meeting at the National Assembly.

More details later....

http://www.mediapostng.com/2013/11/update-from-jonathan-ASUU-meeting.html?m=1

Jonathan in make-or-mar meeting with ASUU

President Goodluck Jonathan is currently locked in a closed-door make-or-mar meeting with striking members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities inside the First Lady Conference Room, Presidential Villa, Abuja.

The President is being joined at the meeting that started at 2.40pm  by Vice President Namadi Sambo; Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala; Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Pius Anyim; Supervising Minister of Education, Nyesom Wike; and Minister of Labour, Emeka Wogu among others.

ASUU President, Dr. Nasir Isa Faggae, led the union team which included past presidents such as Prof. Abdulahi Sule-Kano, Prof. Dipo Fashina and Prof. Festus Iyayi.

President of the Nigeria Labour Congress, Abdulawahid Omar and that of the Trade. Union Congress, Bobboi Kaigama, are also in attendance.

Indication that the logjam may be resolved at the meeting emerged when the President declared while shaking hands with members of the delegation that, “The matter must be resolved here today. Our children must go back to school.”

All those in attendance responded with a loud “amen.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-in-make-or-mar-meeting-with-ASUU/

The ongoing meeting between President Goodluck
Jonathan and the leaders of the Academic Staff Union
of Universities, ASUU, is on a 15 minutes break.

The break commenced at about 6:30 p.m at the
presidential villa, Abuja, venue of the meeting.

The meeting is the first between the striking lecturers
and Mr. Jonathan since the nationwide strike started
on July 1.

The lecturers were seen meeting among themselves in
their bus during the break.

Details later…

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/147805-breaking-ASUU-strike-jonathans-meeting-lecturers-15-mins-break.html?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=breaking-ASUU-strike-jonathans-meeting-lecturers-15-mins-break

7 Likes

Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by ifeanyija(m): 3:39pm On Nov 04, 2013
From a good source the meeting is moving well, there is much hope.

1 Like

Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by Ladybianca(f): 3:58pm On Nov 04, 2013
i pray oh......

it is well

1 Like

Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by ifeanyija(m): 4:03pm On Nov 04, 2013
Ladybianca: i pray oh......

it is well

Me too

1 Like

Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by Harrisonn(m): 4:06pm On Nov 04, 2013
Any latest news?? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by ifeanyija(m): 4:06pm On Nov 04, 2013
Meeting still on
Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by Adolak(m): 4:18pm On Nov 04, 2013
Since those top officials are in attendance, there should be a solution. And if not, eh! Na till 2017 be that o.
Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by Osgilliat(m): 4:33pm On Nov 04, 2013
Fingers crossed,legs makes an x shape,ass on apoti,heart beating.....asuuuuu.

8 Likes

Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by Geedhey(m): 4:37pm On Nov 04, 2013
No update yet??

1 Like

Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by TariEnoch(m): 4:39pm On Nov 04, 2013
Presidential villa correspondents should update us here.
Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by fabby26(m): 4:43pm On Nov 04, 2013
This meeting is taking longer than necessary. Am insinuating it ending in deadlock. Is either ASUU still stubborn to shift ground or FG delibrating on which part of the agreement to fulfil and ASUU still insisting on 100%. I can feel it.

1 Like

Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by cumpaddre(m): 4:53pm On Nov 04, 2013
Any new update?
Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by Adolak(m): 4:59pm On Nov 04, 2013
You guys should keep calm jare. You're scaring me
Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by Ifyx(m): 5:06pm On Nov 04, 2013
Any development?
Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by lomaxx: 5:07pm On Nov 04, 2013
Let's see how this would end
Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 04, 2013
ASUU bikonu

16 Likes

Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 04, 2013
Am optimistic oo
Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by ifeanyija(m): 5:21pm On Nov 04, 2013
fabby26: This meeting is taking longer than necessary. Am insinuating it ending in deadlock. Is either ASUU still stubborn to shift ground or FG delibrating on which part of the agreement to fulfil and ASUU still insisting on 100%. I can feel it.

ASUU don't want full implementation, they want govt sincerity. Fg must nt full implement b4 they call off strike- good source

1 Like

We're patiently waiting smiley

1 Like

Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by Ifyx(m): 5:23pm On Nov 04, 2013
ifeanyi_ja:

ASUU don't want full implementation, they want govt sincerity. Fg must nt full implement b4 they call off strike- good source
gat an optımıstıc feelıng,al ızz well
Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by 9jahubcom(m): 5:24pm On Nov 04, 2013
fabulousfortune: We're patiently waiting smiley
na so oh
Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by chegx(m): 5:25pm On Nov 04, 2013
is'nt it supposed to be over yet?
Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by nofij(m): 5:28pm On Nov 04, 2013
chegx: is'nt it supposed to be over yet?
My brother i tire oooo. Make una tell me whether make i start to pack my load ejor oo
Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by AbuMikey(m): 5:30pm On Nov 04, 2013

ASUU and FG, why kwanu sad

1 Like

Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by marcangelo(m): 5:31pm On Nov 04, 2013
Of all the meetings ASUU has been havin, i observe dat dis is d PARTICULAR onde dat most nairalanders,students & others have paid so much INTEREST in... Hmmmm... Wat could nb d cause
Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by chegx(m): 5:33pm On Nov 04, 2013
marcangelo: Of all the meetings ASUU has been havin, i observe dat dis is d PARTICULAR onde dat most nairalanders,students & others have paid so much INTEREST in... Hmmmm... Wat could nb d cause
we've had enough of d compulsory holiday
Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by nofij(m): 5:33pm On Nov 04, 2013
Abu Mikey:

ASUU and FG, why kwanu sad

Nwakego me is giffing up bo
Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by Adolak(m): 5:40pm On Nov 04, 2013
This should hit front page i guess.
Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by Adex097: 5:40pm On Nov 04, 2013
My dad just received a call from Prof. Dipo
Fashin .......

*sad*

[s]

Na joke I dey o grin

[/s]

Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by yetunsbay(m): 5:40pm On Nov 04, 2013
latest o

1 Like

Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by Afrobasic(m): 5:42pm On Nov 04, 2013
Fingers crossed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply)

Sex Scandal: Dr. Aduwo, Ekiti State University Lecturer Caught With Student / Nigeria National Anthem (Old In Use: 1960-1978) / The Best University In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.