Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,198 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Why The Bible Isn't Really The Word Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why The Bible Isn't Really The Word Of God (1610 Views)

Does Anyone Believe That 3am Is Really The Evil/demon Hour? / The Importance Of Studying The Word Of God (the Bible) / Is Bible The Word of God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Bible Isn't Really The Word Of God by vickyO(f): 7:50am On Nov 05, 2013
The Book of John 1:1 say Jesus is the Word and Rev. 19:13 says that too. The Apostles referred to it as the scriptures and not the word of God. I believe the Bible is a guide and a guide must be studied thoroughly so you don't miss the way. the bible must be studied so that Christians won't miss the narrow path but it's not the Word of God. the bible is also said to be Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth.
Re: Why The Bible Isn't Really The Word Of God by Nobody: 7:56am On Nov 05, 2013
uhuh??so wat next??d word of d lord is new evryday.....so...@op..u can kiss my assssssssss
Re: Why The Bible Isn't Really The Word Of God by vickyO(f): 8:00am On Nov 05, 2013
^You fail to understand. The Bible is a guide and shouldn't be altered. you must study it, meditate on it so you don't miss your path. Jesus is the Word of God, nothing or no one is. You simply lack understanding.
Re: Why The Bible Isn't Really The Word Of God by Donpoker9(m): 8:01am On Nov 05, 2013
@op dnt strt wat u cnt finish
Re: Why The Bible Isn't Really The Word Of God by drdaniels: 8:07am On Nov 05, 2013
it all boils down to fake prophets who come to us in sheperd clothing whereas are ravening wolves. but the challenge now is that its pretty difficult to judge them by their fruit
Re: Why The Bible Isn't Really The Word Of God by vickyO(f): 8:09am On Nov 05, 2013
It's the truth, take it or leave it. No where in the Bible did Jesus or the apostle say the scriptures is the Word of God, it's just an account. JESUS IS THE WORD.
Re: Why The Bible Isn't Really The Word Of God by ednut1(m): 8:38am On Nov 05, 2013
Christianity nd confusion dey go hand in hand
Re: Why The Bible Isn't Really The Word Of God by Nobody: 8:59am On Nov 05, 2013
ednut1: Christianity nd confusion dey go hand in hand

in fact, another name for christianity is confusion. grin
Re: Why The Bible Isn't Really The Word Of God by vickyO(f): 9:01am On Nov 05, 2013
ednut1: Christianity nd confusion dey go hand in hand
it's confusion to those who lack knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Why The Bible Isn't Really The Word Of God by ednut1(m): 9:42am On Nov 05, 2013
vickyO:
it's confusion to those who lack knowledge.
of wich we are among
Re: Why The Bible Isn't Really The Word Of God by Ochhie(f): 9:55am On Nov 05, 2013
Hmm! Na wa o!!!
No doubt d bible is a guide and also the word of God. If it isn't then whose word is it?
Re: Why The Bible Isn't Really The Word Of God by vickyO(f): 9:59am On Nov 05, 2013
Ochhie: Hmm! Na wa o!!!
No doubt d bible is a guide and also the word of God. If it isn't then whose word is it?
It's an account of things that happened. it isn't anyone's words per se.
Re: Why The Bible Isn't Really The Word Of God by ajayikayod: 10:15am On Nov 05, 2013
vickyO: The Book of John 1:1 say Jesus is the Word and Rev. 19:13 says that too. The Apostles referred to it as the scriptures and not the word of God. I believe the Bible is a guide and a guide must be studied thoroughly so you don't miss the way. the bible must be studied so that Christians won't miss the narrow path but it's not the Word of God. the bible is also said to be Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth.

Sis,
I appreciate ur psot above and ur stand on d fact dt Jesus is the Word. But i will point out dt d written word of God (Bible) is not a guide, though it can provide gudiance but d written word is absolute, far more than a guide.
Re: Why The Bible Isn't Really The Word Of God by vickyO(f): 10:28am On Nov 05, 2013
ajayikayod:

Sis,
I appreciate ur psot above and ur stand on d fact dt Jesus is the Word. But i will point out dt d written word of God (Bible) is not a guide, though it can provide gudiance but d written word is absolute, far more than a guide.
The Bible is an account. that's what it is.......
Re: Why The Bible Isn't Really The Word Of God by ajayikayod: 10:36am On Nov 05, 2013
vickyO:
The Bible is an account. that's what it is.......

Sure, its an account but not a guide though provide gudiance. Its an authority over all issues.
Re: Why The Bible Isn't Really The Word Of God by vickyO(f): 10:40am On Nov 05, 2013
ajayikayod:

Sure, its an account but not a guide though provide gudiance. Its an authority over all issues.
but it isn't the Word of God...... that's my point
Re: Why The Bible Isn't Really The Word Of God by Lordlexyy: 11:15am On Nov 05, 2013
Dear Vick, what happen to the scripture being written by men but inspired by God? Granted that, not every word in the scripture is God's word, but every word was conceived and written by men by the inspiration of the Holy Ghost for reprove, correction, admonition and righteousness, and that Holy Ghost is no other person than Christ Jesus Himself, in the heart of men confirming the Word.
Re: Why The Bible Isn't Really The Word Of God by macof(m): 3:04pm On Nov 05, 2013
Donpoker9: @op dnt strt wat u cnt finish
He has started already
Re: Why The Bible Isn't Really The Word Of God by macof(m): 3:09pm On Nov 05, 2013
The bible is a combination of The Torah, Tanakh and New Gospel/testament.

The first two are jewish laws and holy guide- the jews believe the Torah was given to Moses by Yahweh himself. So its the pure word of God.

However The Tanakh has been compiled by the romans, its the compilation of books and letters written by great jewish theologists and philosophers.

The New testament is supposedly written by the apostles of Jesus but the Romans have done so much modifications on it. The New testament is the must untruthful part of the bible.
Re: Why The Bible Isn't Really The Word Of God by ayobase(m): 3:51pm On Nov 05, 2013
Being able to capture the difference between the 'Logo' and 'Rhema' will be of help.

Without Logo, no Rhema. So also, without the Scriptures, no Word of God.

He that is not led by the spirit of God wouldn't get any Rhema, despite dwelling on Logo for years. So also, You will never know the Word of God, if Scriptures is not properly and guidedly meditated on!

Logo could be termed as Rhema for those that are filled, and also the Scriptures can be taken to be the Word of God.

The Word of God is Jesus which is made known by the Scriptures!

1 Like

Re: Why The Bible Isn't Really The Word Of God by SalC: 12:13pm On Nov 23, 2013
I think one might easily misunderstand the aim of the thread judging from the title of the thread.

It could have been better to say Jesus is "The" word of God while the bible is "a written aspect of the word of God"
This is because, not every thing written in the bible is an account per say, some are actually instruction given directly by God.
Re: Why The Bible Isn't Really The Word Of God by macof(m): 12:34pm On Nov 23, 2013
Sal C: I think one might easily misunderstand the aim of the thread judging from the title of the thread.

It could have been better to say Jesus is "The" word of God while the bible is "a written aspect of the word of God"
This is because, not every thing written in the bible is an account per say, some are actually instruction given directly by God.

Shut up

God didn't instruct anybody to give any written account.
Re: Why The Bible Isn't Really The Word Of God by SalC: 12:40pm On Nov 23, 2013
macof:

Shut up

How did this relate to my post?
Re: Why The Bible Isn't Really The Word Of God by Goshen360(m): 12:51pm On Nov 23, 2013
This has been a confusion to many, there's a big difference between Word (uppercase "W") and word (lowercase "w"). If you don't understand the difference as and when used in scripture, you mix it up. It's just same as scripture saying Christ is the Son of God and we, christians are the sons of God but you know there's a difference between the divine nature in us and divine nature of Christ. Study it!
Re: Why The Bible Isn't Really The Word Of God by SalC: 12:59pm On Nov 23, 2013
Goshen360: This has been a confusion to many, there's a big difference between Word (uppercase "W"wink and word (lowercase "w"wink. If you don't understand the difference as and when used in scripture, you mix it up. Study it!
Oya oga Goshen throw more light to it.
Re: Why The Bible Isn't Really The Word Of God by Goshen360(m): 1:04pm On Nov 23, 2013
^ Post Edited, please read again. I will throw more light but not now, not today. Goshen is too busy doing overtime this period all the way to end of the year. This is the period when most people run away from work but I don't.... cheesy. I will keep this thread in mind and explain when I have time.
Re: Why The Bible Isn't Really The Word Of God by SalC: 1:14pm On Nov 23, 2013
Goshen360: ^ Post Edited, please read again. I will throw more light but not now, not today. Goshen is too busy doing overtime this period all the way to end of the year. This is the period when most people run away from work but I don't.... cheesy. I will keep this thread in mind and explain when I have time.
Ok, but do take it easy with the overtime.

I resurrected the thread because i know there is something to learn from it which is not properly addressed.
Re: Why The Bible Isn't Really The Word Of God by vickyO(f): 1:06pm On Nov 26, 2013
macof:

Shut up

Take it easy bro....
Re: Why The Bible Isn't Really The Word Of God by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 26, 2013
vickyO: The Book of John 1:1 say Jesus is the Word and Rev. 19:13 says that too. The Apostles referred to it as the scriptures and not the word of God. I believe the Bible is a guide and a guide must be studied thoroughly so you don't miss the way. the bible must be studied so that Christians won't miss the narrow path but it's not the Word of God. the bible is also said to be Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth.
i see you done went to the valley of dry bones smdh undecided
Re: Why The Bible Isn't Really The Word Of God by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 26, 2013
Goshen360: ^ Post Edited, please read again. I will throw more light but not now, not today. Goshen is too busy doing overtime this period all the way to end of the year. This is the period when most people run away from work but I don't.... cheesy. I will keep this thread in mind and explain when I have time.
this man stop storing your treasures on earth. earth go soon dabaru you dey do overtime to stack dollars ? smdh undecided grin
Re: Why The Bible Isn't Really The Word Of God by vickyO(f): 5:27pm On Nov 28, 2013
I've asked and searched, I believe it's the Word of God.
Re: Why The Bible Isn't Really The Word Of God by SalC: 5:44pm On Nov 28, 2013
vickyO: I've asked and searched, I believe it's the Word of God.
Now you are talking dear. It' s like the 'word' u used is in upper case. Well am still waiting for Goshen360 on that.
But can you tell us why you are now convinced?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Masturbation Is A Sin. You Need To Read This! / Prophet I O Samuel. The Prophet Of Our Generation / ISIS Execute A 15-year-old Boy By Beheading For Listening To Western MUSIC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.