Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,752 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

I Was Paid N500 For My First Show – Ill Bliss A.K.A Oga Boss - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Was Paid N500 For My First Show – Ill Bliss A.K.A Oga Boss (2234 Views)

Omotola Reveals Her Daughter Meraiah Was Paid N2.4m For Knorr Cube Advert / Ime Bishop Umoh A.K.A Okon, Adorable Wife And Daughter (Photos) / “Chidinma Cried Over Sex Tape News” – Ill Bliss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Paid N500 For My First Show – Ill Bliss A.K.A Oga Boss by Nekaoflife(f): 11:01am On Nov 05, 2013
Tobechukwu Melvin Ejiofor popularly known as Ill Bliss or Illy is a Hiphop/Rap recording artist, CEO, The Goretti Company (Talent Managers) and Principal Partner of Capital Dreams Pictures. He can be characterized by these three features: consciousness, lyricism and creativity.

His diverse approach to hip hop ranges from social issues to love/relationships, peer pressure and topics the average head can relate to, while retaining elements of hip hop and ethnic content, a virtue which sets him apart from the crowd and makes him the OGA BOSS himself!!!

Happenings: Tell us about your musical background?

Ill Bliss: I got into rap music through my older brother. He brought some tapes to the house and asked that I listen to it. I did and the first song I heard was Eric Birac, it sounded interesting. So I wrote down the lyrics, then from there I started digging into that kind of music. It was that regular for me, I mean growing up in the eastern part of Nigeria; rap music wasn’t something that was all over the place. From there I found other artiste like the late heavy D, LL Cool J, Cool Moody, The Nice; the list is endless. I just got into it and I liked it because it was different. It sounded like words over beats, from there I started writing down the lyrics and from writing the lyrics; I started writing my own lyrics and that’s what brought me to this stage.

Happenings: When did you decide to go into rap professionally?

Ill Bliss: When I was in the university, my first year in the university; my pocket money was never enough. So, I had to start rapping and doing something else to get money. So, I started doing shows; my first show I earned N500 and I tore the whole school down; from there I moved up my money to N2000. Then it started growing, that was a lot of money back then in school; so it will be my first year in the university. I just realized that I was never going to be a cultist or a club boy, I just wanted to be different; so I went in for rap and started performing. But before then, I’ve been writing music, trying my hands on rap. I’ll go to a record store, record instruments and start to write over them; try to see if I can find the bounce and the flare for it.

Happenings: Tell us about your company?

Ill Bliss: I have a management company called Goretti Company. We manage talents basically. However, I got into partnership with a very close friend of mine, Clarance Peters, who owned a label at a point; called Capital Hills Music. We met and discussed and started working together; after a few years, it became a full blown partnership. So Capital Hill is the record label and Goretti Company is the management Company. My direct business is Goretti Company but because of the affiliation, we also take care of the entire artistes on the platform.

Happenings: How have you been able to differentiate real talent from one hit wonders?

Ill Bliss: I guess its God though. It is very divine because I take my time in the selection process and I give it a lot of insight, then I put everything in God’s hands. If this is that talent that we need to stay on top of the game; then so be it. Like Chidinma and Phyno, if you’ve noticed these two talents are very dynamic and different.

What we do is to find a talent and create it. At Capital Goretti, what we do is to find a talent and then mold it into what they need basically; make him/her look different and unique from everybody else in the business. We also pay a lot of attention to the music, we always insist that people maintain their originality and retain their sound. Tomorrow if you see me signing a rock band, don’t be suprised or even a saxophonist. All I’m just trying to do is to make sure that I put people in their comfort zone and then give them a platform to go main stream with whatever they are doing. No matter how eclectic it is.

Happenings: When did you first meet Chidinma and what was striking about her?

Ill Bliss: She won the third edition of the MTN project fame show. So, after the show I was called to have a meeting to discuss management with her. And then, we started working from there. She came straight from the choir to win Project Fame. She has never recorded a single song in her life, so the first song she recorded I was there. So we built it all up from the scratch to what it is today. And then, it takes a lot of hard work, a lot of perseverance. As at the point she started nobody really gave her a chance but today she is “Miss Kedike” “E Mi Ni Baller” and everything is really pouring up for her.

See more at: http://www.happenings9ja.com/happenings/posts/entertainment-lifestyle/music-movies/i-was-paid-n500-for-my-first-show--ill-bliss-aka-oga-boss#!

Re: I Was Paid N500 For My First Show – Ill Bliss A.K.A Oga Boss by sambaba32yaho: 11:27am On Nov 05, 2013
Oga boss
Re: I Was Paid N500 For My First Show – Ill Bliss A.K.A Oga Boss by Caseless: 11:38am On Nov 05, 2013
He sounds like biggie whenever he raps, i'm surprised he(biggie) is not on d list of rappers he listened to back then.
Illy started with #500 and now screaming "look at the kind of money we bringing in"...na so God dey do am sha.
Re: I Was Paid N500 For My First Show – Ill Bliss A.K.A Oga Boss by liloelawwal(m): 11:40am On Nov 05, 2013
oga boss,hw much do u now earn??
Re: I Was Paid N500 For My First Show – Ill Bliss A.K.A Oga Boss by demelza: 11:52am On Nov 05, 2013
Started from the bottom.....

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Yvonne Nelson Birthday Pictures, Features Celebrities / e / Nollywood Actor IK Ogbonna & Hot Colombian Girlfriend Sizzle In New Hot $exy Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.