Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,139 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 (154242 Views)

Nigeria Vs Mali: FIFA U-17 World Cup Final (2 - 0) On 8th November, 2015 / Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 / Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (79) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by souleymon(m): 6:43pm On Nov 05, 2013
Nigeria were made to work for their 3-0 semi-final win over Sweden in Dubai, a result that sends them to the final of the FIFA U-17 World Cup. Taiwo Awoniyi scored his third goal in two games to help send the Golden Eaglets through to the ultimate match, where they will meet Mexico in another Group F rematch.

The game started at a tremendous pace, both sides carving out half-chances inside the first 60 seconds. After the initial frenzy of attacks cooled, the pattern of play became clear. The Nigerians pressed forward in waves, trying to pin Sweden back and cut off the supply lines to foraging striker Valmir Berisha.

In the end, the Nigerians were in no mood to be charitable. They got their insurance goals inside the last ten minutes. Samuel Okon cut in from the left and hammered his shot low and inside the post to end Sweden’s dream. It was all over even before Chidera Ezeh added a third seconds later to make it 3-0 and send Nigeria to the final, where they will be pressing hard for their fourth title, which they eventually won

8 Likes

Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by Fynestboi: 6:56pm On Nov 05, 2013
shockedshockedshocked
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by Fynestboi: 6:57pm On Nov 05, 2013
Nigeria took advantage of some fanatical support in Dubai to best brave Sweden 3-0 and book their place in the final of the FIFA U-17 World Cup, where they will meet Mexico in an epic rematch.
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by Fynestboi: 6:57pm On Nov 05, 2013
Ok no wahala let go there. Up Nigeria
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by lexyman(m): 6:58pm On Nov 05, 2013
The eaglet and the Mexican has one thing in common , which is tactical discipline despite the fact that we beat them black and blue in our first Leg I still regard them as one of the tournament favorite cos they are so organized and their ball control was good . I went ahead to make this prediction that we will meet them again in the final which it has come to past ..
https://www.nairaland.com/1482266/mexico-v-nigeria-fifa-u-17/23#18955564

The final will be a very tough encounter for the eaglet but still we will cross the hurdle cos we are the best team in this tournament

I wish to see these set of boys graduate to the under 21 team and make us proud again ...

I think I deserve more likes after a perfect prediction ....congratulations golden Eaglet Congratulations Nigeria

15 Likes

Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by Fynestboi: 6:59pm On Nov 05, 2013
Mexico have officially recovered from their opening-day hammering at the hands of Nigeria by beating Argentina 3-0 in the last four in Abu Dhabi to reach the final of UAE 2013 would Nigeria get pass them to lift the trophy for the 4th time... ??

1 Like

Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by souleymon(m): 7:02pm On Nov 05, 2013
grin grin ;DPost already Scheduled for FrontPage grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by DeHero1: 7:05pm On Nov 05, 2013
Whorefa.....

I just know. Nigeria will win 3-1 this time.

Even we meet them for d 3rd time, we'll surely trash them.

4 Likes

Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by Fynestboi: 7:07pm On Nov 05, 2013
souleymon: grin grin ;DPost already Scheduled for FrontPage grin grin grin grin
hurray!!!!!!!!!!!! gringringringringringrin, he dey sweet your belle abi tongue
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by DeHero1: 7:12pm On Nov 05, 2013
souleymon: grin grin ;DPost already Scheduled for FrontPage grin grin grin grin

Cheating with confidence...
No b ur fault sha, na MK2 give u mouth.
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by nerodenero: 7:12pm On Nov 05, 2013
If you believe Nigeria will beat Mexico, join me to say AMEN. Let me start - AAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNN grin grin grin grin grin

16 Likes

Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by souleymon(m): 7:13pm On Nov 05, 2013
Fynestboi: hurray!!!!!!!!!!!! gringringringringringrin, he dey sweet your belle abi tongue

Reporting live from Dubai.
Abi you wan see my picture with the boys

1 Like

Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by Fynestboi: 7:15pm On Nov 05, 2013
donphilopus: If what happened today were to happen in the semi finals match, what would you have said??

It's not done that way, you know what's right from what's wrong
mai thread was also locked so we are in same shoe brotongue
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by souleymon(m): 7:15pm On Nov 05, 2013
De-Hero:

Cheating with confidence...
No b ur fault sha, na MK2 give u mouth.

How I take cheat
You didn't do your best according to your signature
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by Fynestboi: 7:18pm On Nov 05, 2013
A true legend of the African game, Sunday Oliseh’s credentials are plain to see. The Nigerian took part in two FIFA World Cups™ (1994 and 1998) and won the gold medal at the 1996 Men’s Olympic Football Tournament with the Super Eagles. Over the course of his career the midfielder played for several of Europe’s biggest clubs, including Borussia Dortmund, Juventus and Ajax.
At the FIFA U-17 World Cup United Arab Emirates 2013, Oliseh is using his expertise and experience in a different capacity. As a member of FIFA’s Technical Study Group (TSG), the 39-year-old has been tasked with analysing the tournament’s events. He has been impressed with what he has seen so far.

“The level is high,” Oliseh told FIFA.com. “What’s particularly stood out for me is the way that most sides really play as a team. Every player is disciplined in their position. That’s unusual in this age category and is a positive development.”
The boys are extremely motivated but above all they’re very disciplined, which is very refreshing to see.
Sunday Oliseh on what he’s seeing in UAE
The former Nigeria captain has of course been paying close attention to the progress of his young compatriots, who have stormed into the semi-finals with some swashbuckling performances. “I’ve been very impressed with Nigeria,” Oliseh said. “The boys are extremely motivated but above all they’re very disciplined, which is very refreshing to see. They have a lot of good individual players.
“The way the side switches from defence to attack is very good, frequently with one-touch passes. That’s difficult to do as it requires a lot of movement, foresight and for all the players to support each other.”
For many observers the Golden Eaglets, the tournament’s top scorers with 20 goals so far, are the favourites to take the title. Their semi-final opponents are Sweden, who held Nigeria to a 3-3 draw in an entertaining group stage match. Yet that isn’t the only reason Oliseh is urging his countrymen to be wary.
“For me the biggest challengers are Sweden. They’re unbelievably strong tactically. I’ve watched two of their matches and each time they played quite differently. For instance, against Japan they sat back and allowed their opponent to have the ball. They were well-organised, looked for the gaps and were clinical in scoring their two goals.
Modern football on offer
“Against Honduras on the other hand, they controlled the game themselves, looked to keep possession and built attacks from the back,” Oliseh continued. “That impressed me a lot. On top of that they have talented individuals like Elias Andersson, Valmir Berisha and Gustav Engvall. It’s a very modern Swedish team. The boys are enjoying the tournament and you can tell they love playing football. That’s an important factor.”
While the Scandinavians have raised more than a few eyebrows with their progress to the last four in their maiden tournament appearance, another team has surprised Oliseh even more.
“For me it was Uzbekistan, even though they lost to Honduras in the Round of 16. They impressed me a lot in the group stage, as they were superbly organised and made life really tough for their opponents with their tactically astute style of play and their physical strength. All of the players knew what their role was, they pressed well as a team and doubled-up on their opponents. You had the feeling they’d done their homework. In the last 16 they lost one of their most important players and made several changes in order to compensate for his absence. That was their undoing in the end.”
Despite his clear and incisive analysis, Oliseh refused to be pinned down on who he thought would lift the trophy. “Of course it’d be fantastic if Nigeria become world champions,” he said. “They certainly have the quality to do so, but in football you never know what might happen. For example, I’d never have thought that Uzbekistan would get knocked out by Honduras…”

source. Vanguard.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by Fynestboi: 7:21pm On Nov 05, 2013
souleymon:

How I take cheat
You didn't do your best according to your signature
enough ooo, dnt reply any post again oga let focus on what the thread topic is, DONT DERAIL!!!!! undecided
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by Nobody: 7:23pm On Nov 05, 2013
yes bossssssssssss i see Nigeria the new champions........infact we will trash mexico silly
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by Fynestboi: 7:26pm On Nov 05, 2013
Emzybrown: yes bossssssssssss i see Nigeria the new champions........infact we will trash mexico silly
lol welcome ooo hw market tongue
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by dedons: 7:28pm On Nov 05, 2013
Click like if you think NIGERIA will beat the hell out of MEXICO grin

10 Likes

Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 05, 2013
Fynestboi: lol welcome ooo hw market tongue

hmm market its fine....... you are turning into maclatunji in religion section... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by Fynestboi: 7:32pm On Nov 05, 2013
Emzybrown:

hmm market its fine....... you are turning into maclatunji in religion section... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
i dont undastand what you saying i am fynestboi, not maclatunji..

Btw in what way
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by Fynestboi: 7:33pm On Nov 05, 2013
Mexico get ready to go home with silifa cup gringringrin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (79) (Reply)

Super Eagles Vs Atletico Madrid In Uyo - 2 - 3 (Full-Time) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! / Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.