Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:41 AM

All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (155855 Views)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / President Jonathan Congratulates The Golden Eaglets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 11:01pm On Jun 27, 2014

The hackers have successfully wiped off all the information on this thread.

But anyone who has been following the thread will know where we stopped...therefore...

...We start from the here and now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 1:49pm On Jul 02, 2014
[b]
Eaglets off for Egypt tests

Nigeria U17 team, the Golden Eaglets, will depart Abuja for Cairo on Wednesday for a two-tie friendly against their Egyptian counterparts.

A squad of 25 players and nine officials breezed into Abuja from their base in Calabar on Tuesday en route to Cairo.

The tune-up friendly was at the instance of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) and Egyptian Football Association (EFA) ahead of their team's African U17 Championship qualifiers.

While the Golden Eaglets were drawn by into the second round of the CAN U17 qualifiers for Niger 2015, the Junior Pharaohs dispatched Sudan 7-3 on aggregate in the first round and they would respectively meet Democratic Republic of Congo and Congo later this month.

In May,the Eaglets handed a 3-2 and 3-1 defeats to the Junior Pharaohs in Kaduna and the return leg in Cairo would see the two sides do battle twice again on July 4 and 6.

Before departing Kaduna last time, Egypt coach Gamiel Mohammed Ali vowed to pay back Nigeria in their own coins and it remains to be seen how that is plausible on the strength of Golden Eaglets rich vein of form.

"We are expecting a more difficult game in Cairo,"stated Prince Udofia, Golden Eaglets' coordinator.

"Of course, the Egyptians would want to avenge their last defeats against us, but our team has really improved over time.

"It is going to be competitive and I think it would be good preparatory matches for our qualifiers against Congo.”

Courtesy 'AfricanFootball.com'
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by lloydtruth: 6:18pm On Jul 02, 2014
good test, hope the team lives up to expectations.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by abatically(m): 6:28pm On Jul 02, 2014
lloydtruth: good test, hope the team lives up to expectations.

Again, over aged players playing as under 17. Of course they will play well and win under 17 world cup (what do u expect when 27 year olds are playing against teenagers). By the time they graduate to the super eagles (that is for those that eventually make it into super eagles), they would have already past their best (35 years old claiming to be 25). This is why we will never do well at senior level in the BIG stage.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by lloydtruth: 7:56pm On Jul 02, 2014
abatically:

Again, over aged players playing as under 17. Of course they will play well and win under 17 world cup (what do u expect when 27 year olds are playing against teenagers). By the time they graduate to the super eagles (that is for those that eventually make it into super eagles), they would have already past their best (35 years old claiming to be 25). This is why we will never do well at senior level in the BIG stage.
bros have you seen the new set of the u17? judging from the last set, those guys are really young players, i have not seen the new u17 though i've seen few pictures of some of them like kelechi nwakali but i believe emmanuel emuneke knows we can't take over age again.

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by abatically(m): 8:03pm On Jul 02, 2014
We shall wait and see. All we see is promising talents but when they mature into super eagles they lose their form due to age.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by lloydtruth: 8:18pm On Jul 02, 2014
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 8:27am On Jul 04, 2014
[b]
Amuneke fires up Eaglets against Egypt

Nigeria Golden Eaglets coach Emmanuel Amuneke has charged his players to be prepared as they face their Egyptian counterparts in two test matches slated for Friday and Sunday.

The former Zamalek and Barcelona winger actually stopped the lads in the middle of a walk around their Sheraton Dreamland camp on Thursday to remind them on the importance of the task at hand.

“You can see how beautiful this place ism but you have many more beautiful years ahead of you if only you can cease this opportunity by being responsible and ready to fight for a place in the team,” he told them.

"I want you to give these two matches your best to prove again that you are good enough to be picked."

The two matches will be played at 10pm local time (9:00pm in Nigeria) due to the on-going observance of the Ramadan by the Muslims. Amuneke said he was not disturbed by the arrangement.

"We are expecting a tougher game because we saw their reaction (the Egyptians) after they lost the first game to us in Kaduna," he stated matter-of-factly.

"They were furious, as such we are expecting a much more difficult game on Friday.

"We have also seen that they have progressively improved with the way they beat Sudan home and away in their last African U-17 Championship qualifiers, but we would be ready to present them with a tough opposition."

He enthused further that his players would not be caught napping under floodlight following their experience at the WAFU B Under-17 Tournament, adding that the Ramadan would have no adverse effect on the matches.

"What we have been doing all this while is to prepare our boys mentally, ready to play under any situation because we actually played and won our first match in Togo under floodlight," he stressed.

"Most of our players are used to playing during Ramadan and the same goes to the Egyptians, so I don't think it would affect us.”

Courtesy 'AfricanFootball.com
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 8:26am On Jul 05, 2014
[b]
Eaglets held by Egypt

Nigeria's U17 team, the Golden Eaglets, were held to a goalless draw by Egypt in the first of a two-tie friendly played at the Police Sports Federation Stadium in Cairo Friday night.

"The match today was a good test for us as well as the Egyptian team," remarked Amuneke.

"The Egyptians have improved and are more physical than the team we beat twice in Kaduna, but we would have the chance to do much better when we play again on Sunday."

Amuneke's view was shared by his opposite vastly experienced Egyptian coach Ali Gamiel.

" Without any doubt, this is a very good match because the two teams showed a lot of passion and energy," he said.

"I'm sure we would have another good game on Sunday and hopefully, these two teams would eventually qualify for the CAN Championship in Niger next year."

The match, which kicked off 10:00 pm local time(9:00pm Nigerian time) saw the Junior Pharaohs dominating the first 15 minutes with their crisp short-passing game yet without any threat to the resolute Nigerians.

However, in the 17th minute, Samuel Chukwueze got the ball into the net after Egypt's goalkeeper Ahmed Sallah rebounded into play a shot by Suleiman Abdullahi, but was strangely ruled off side by referee Mohamed El-Hanafy.

He also ruled Chukwueze off side yet again in the 26th minute after the lad pounced on a loose ball and drove an angled shot into the net.

Yet, the Egyptians nearly went in front in stoppage time of the first half when captain Hamdy Abdulaziz whipped-in a volley that took all of Eaglets' Benjamin Amos' agility to parry for a corner.

The Nigerians stepped up the tempo of the game in the second half and practically dominated the game for the greater part, but poor marksmanship would rob them.

Golden Eaglets vs. Egypt: A. Benjamin- A. Muhammed,U.Abass, H. Lukman, B.Ayodeji, J. Ipalibo (K. Ayinde 58), P. Orji, K.Michael, K. Nwakali, S.Chukwueze, S. Abdullahi(E. Yahaya 54, E.Osinachi 77th)

[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Syenite(m): 7:09am On Jul 06, 2014
Well done Joseph. When is the second match?
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 9:34am On Jul 06, 2014
Syenite: Well done Joseph. When is the second match?

Today by 9pm.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Mustack: 11:11am On Jul 06, 2014
good.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 7:44am On Jul 07, 2014
[b]
Eaglets win 6-goal thriller against Egypt

Nigeria U17s, Golden Eaglets, on Sunday night defeated their Egyptian counterparts 4-2 in a friendly played at the Police Sports Stadium in Cairo.

This was their second game in three days after the first ended in a goalless draw.

Striker Victor Osimhen got a first half brace, while Samuel Chukwueze and Kingsley Michael scored in the second half.

Both teams settled down quickly after referee Abdel Mohammed signaled the start of the match with the two captains, Kelechi Nwakali(Nigeria) and Ahmed Hussein, very much in the thick of the action.

In the 13th minute, Osimhen put the Eaglets in the lead when he jabbed into the net an inch-perfect cross from Samuel Chukwueze.

Osimhen followed it with another goal three minutes later, when he headed straight into the net a pullout from Kingsley Michael.

Egypt pulled a goal back within a minute to spare of the first half, when Walid Attya latched onto the end of a triangular pass orchestrated by Hamdy and Hosam Adel before dispatching the ball beyond goalkeeper Akpan Udoh.

It was the Egyptians who were back in the hunt at the restart when Karim Yehia got a pass from Ahmed Hamdy before burying the ball behind Udoh in the 52nd minute.

Eaglets responded fast after the set back with some good positional play for Chukwueze added his name to the score sheet in the 58th minute, when he drove a volley into the net off a pass from the tireless Usman Abass.

Michael added another goal in the 70th minute after goalkeeper Mamoud Gad fumbled a long-range shot from Osimhen, who undoubtedly was the man of the match.

It was a game both teams used to test their fringe players towards the end but the match had already been won and lost as the Golden Eaglets got all-round praise from the excited spectators.

The Eaglets that departed Cairo for Abuja on Monday return to Calabar on Tuesday to continue preparation ahead of a first leg, second round African U17 Championship qualifier against Democratic Republic of Congo on July 20.

[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by lloydtruth: 8:33am On Jul 07, 2014
morale boaster, the eaglets are on the move again, let them sustain the tempo they've got our support.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by fujirice: 9:28am On Jul 07, 2014
abatically: We shall wait and see. All we see is promising talents but when they mature into super eagles they lose their form due to age.
My friend shut that trap you call mouth! Na oversabi dey worry you. D'u know anybody in that set to substantiate your claims?
I just taya for some of you that just talk because they think they have something to say.
PS: Don't give me the BS about having an opinion cause yours sucks!

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 9:52am On Jul 07, 2014
fujirice:
My friend shut that trap you call mouth! Na oversabi dey worry you. D'u know anybody in that set to substantiate your claims?
I just taya for some of you that just talk because they think they have something to say.
PS: don't give the BS about having an opinion cause yours sucks!

I think you just dignified him with a response. Some i.diotic comments are better off not attended to.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by fujirice: 10:09am On Jul 07, 2014
joseph1013:

I think you just dignified him with a response. Some i.diotic comments are better off not attended to.
I know but I'm tired of seeing such comments here going unchallenged, overtime people will start viewing it to being the truth.
Thanks for the updates jare! U r doing a nice job. Keep it up.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by abatically(m): 12:17pm On Jul 07, 2014
fujirice:
PS: Don't give me the BS about having an opinion cause yours sucks!

E PAIN AM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I no know say e pain u reach like this. My bad.

Though I don't know anybody in that set, but my point is based on past experience and until these boys prove me wrong in the coming years by playing at top level when they get to their late 20's and early 30's, then my point will remain valid. The basis of my claim?

Taiye taiwo, Obasi, Nsofor, Mikel Obi, Obafemi Martins were supposed to be the future of the super eagles.

Martins and Taiye Taiwo are 29 (officially abi?)
Nsofor is 27
Obasi is 28
Mikel Obi is 27

All these players are past their best while their European and American age mates are at their peak. There is only one logical explanation... AGE FRAUD.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by fujirice: 1:23pm On Jul 07, 2014
abatically:

E PAIN AM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Though I don't know anybody in that set, but my point is based on past experience and until these boys prove me wrong in the coming years by playing at top level when they get to their late 20's and early 30's, then my point will remain valid. The basis of my claim?

Taiye taiwo, Obasi, Nsofor, Mikel Obi, Obafemi Martins were supposed to be the future of the super eagles.

Nsofor is 27
Obasi is 28
Mikel Obi is 27

All these players are past their best while their European and American age mates are at their peak. There is only one logical explanation... AGE FRAUD.
I just look at this type of comments and I laugh. How many of those people you mentioned are retired? Or are you going to saddle those whose carreer were blighted by injuries with your point of view? Need i ask you, who and who are the European and American players that are at their peak while ours have feezled?
Oga, before you delve into such outbursts make sure you have facts and quote from it than displaying your displeasure to the whole world with your half baked information.

5 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by abatically(m): 2:30pm On Jul 07, 2014
fujirice:
I just look at this type of comments and I laugh. How many of those people you mentioned are retired? Or are you going to saddle those whose carreer were blighted by injuries with your point of view? Need i ask you, who and who are the European and American players that are at their peak while ours have feezled?
Oga, before you delve into such outbursts make sure you have facts and quote from it than displaying your displeasure to the whole world with your half baked information.

They don't need to be retired, they are past their best and are playing in some unknown teams. Half baked information u say? You want facts and quotes? I will give them to u.

Let's take a look at the 2005 U20 championship when we had a 'supposedly' future super eagles team.

Nigeria: Onyekachi Akpam (18), Taiye Taiwo (20), Mikel Obi (18), Chinedu Ogbuke (19), Sani Kaita (19).

Now take a look as other teams the then Nigeria team was dominating.

Spain: Raul Albiol (19), Juanfran (20), Llorente (20), David Silva (19), Fabregas (20). All of them are still playing top football and are still in their peak.

Argentina: Pablo Zabaleta (20), Ezequel Garay (18), Fernando Gago (19), Lionel Messi (17), Sergio Aguero (17). They form a good bunch of the Argentina current national team and still playing top level football.

These are just a few.. Our biggest star in that competition (Mikel) is currently a calamity and would probably not play for the Super Eagles again. I'm not saying every youth player should play for the national team, but at least lots of them are still playing at top level in their clubs while our own players have all faded away.
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 7:42am On Jul 08, 2014
[b]
Eaglets return to Calabar, set for Congo invasion

The U-17 National Team, Golden Eaglets, returned to the country on Monday from a two-match friendly tour of Egypt and will fly to ‘home base,’ Calabar on Tuesday morning.

Emmanuel Amuneke’s wards drew 0-0 with their Egyptian counterparts in the first match on Friday before lashing their hosts 4-2 on Sunday to hit much-needed winning mentality ahead of their 2015 African U-17 Championship qualifying fixture against the U-17 National Team of Democratic Republic of Congo.

Arrangements

- We are making all the necessary arrangements for the Eaglets to go to Kinshasa and do the nation proud, and make the return leg in Nigeria a ceremonial affair, stated NFF Acting General Secretary, Lawrence Katken.

Nigeria begin her quest for a successful defence of the FIFA U-17 World Cup title with an away game in Kinshasa against the DR Congo starlets on Sunday, July 20.

Finals

The return leg will hold in Nigeria two weeks after.

The Confederation of African Football has set next year’s continental finals for Niger Republic in the month of May, with the FIFA U-17 World Cup taking place in Chile between October 17 – November 8, 2015.

Courtesy 'futaa.com'
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by enomakos(m): 12:53pm On Jul 08, 2014
keep it up joe

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 08, 2014
tx joe for d updates, bt wish it was possible to watch ds guys on youtube or something, any way, tx for d updates.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 6:29pm On Jul 09, 2014
[b]
Eaglets: Amuneke hails new Eaglet defender

The coach of the Nigeria U17 team, Emmanuel Amuneke, has singled out Usman Abass for praises following his sterling performances against Egypt in the friendly matches played in Cairo.

The Eaglets drew goalless with Egypt last Friday and followed up with an impressive 4-2 win on Sunday but the name on the lips of everyone was that of Abuja-based Heart FC defender, Usman Abass.

Floodlight

The defender shone like a neon light in the dark under the floodlight of the Cairo Police Sports Stadium.

- Generally, all the players did well because winning or losing, is a team effort and our objective has always been to play collectively as a team, said Amuneke, one of the stars of Nigeria' s golden era of the 1990s that won the 1994 African Cup of Nations and Africa's first Olympic soccer Gold medal at Atlanta'96.

Impressed

- Frankly, I'm really impressed with Abass because he did so well despite the fact that this was his first match for us.

- Samuel (Chukwueze), Halilu (Lukman) too are coming up but on the whole, I'll pick Abass as our best player in the two matches in Cairo, he stated.

In the meantime, the Golden Eaglets started their regular training on Tuesday's evening at the University of Calabar even as Amuneke advised all to be focused on their upcoming African Championship match against Democratic Republic of Congo.

Courtesy ''futaa.com
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by Syenite(m): 7:07pm On Jul 09, 2014
FIFA has banned Nigeria cry
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 8:00pm On Jul 09, 2014
Syenite: FIFA has banned Nigeria cry

Means the qualifier for next weekend will be forfeited. It will be a walk-away. DR Congo will be given a win of 3 goals.

VERY BAD NEWS!!!
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 1:34pm On Jul 14, 2014
[b]
Anantigha Stars hold Golden Eaglets

The Under-17 National team, Golden Eaglets were held to a goalless draw by Anantigha Stars, a Nationwide Division 2 side in a friendly match played at the University of Calabar's Abraham Ordia Stadium on

Saturday.

The match officiated by FIFA Licensed Mike Ushie, was watched by an impressive crowd including Chief Majorie Asuquo (JP), chairman of Calabar South Local Government Area (LGA); Hon. Matthew Olori, former Chairman of Akamkpa LGA amongst others.

Improbable

Golden Eaglets started with an improbable line up but there was little to choose between them and the Calabar South-based side since the first half ended goalless.

Both teams made changes during the break but Anantigha did not buckle under pressure of the re-invigorated Eaglets with their toe-to-toe; box-to-box marking.

Chance

Golden Eaglets' bean-pole striker, Victor Osimhen missed the real chance of the entire match in the 53rd minute when he failed to connect well a pullout from Anas Muhammed as his shot went over the bar.

This is the first time the Golden Eaglets were held goalless after 13 domestic friendly matches.

[/b]
Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 10:34am On Jul 18, 2014
[b]
Nigeria's Eaglets get CAF reprieve

Nigeria got some much-needed reprieve after the Confederation of African Football (CAF) moved the Golden Eaglets African Junior Championship qualifier in DR Congo this weekend by a week.

CAF on Thursday moved the 2015 African U17 Championship qualifying match between Nigeria and the Democratic Republic of Congo, set for Lubumbashi, from Sunday, July 20 to Sunday, July 27.

CAF’s decision comes as a welcome relief to the Nigeria Football Federation, whose officials patiently await positive communication from FIFA on the suspension clamped on the country on July 9, due to a court order barring the Aminu Maigari–led executive committee from functioning.

On Wednesday evening, in Jos, the case was withdrawn by the plaintiff, and on Thursday, the NFF communicated same to FIFA, praying the suspension be lifted since the principal reason for the clampdown had been met.

In its letter to the NFF, the Federation Congolaise de Football Association (FECOFA), FECAFOOT and the match officials, CAF declared that it was granting the grace of seven days with high hopes that the suspension on Nigeria would be lifted in a couple of days.

“Following the suspension of Nigeria Football Federation by FIFA few days ago, please be informed that CAF is hopeful that an end to this crisis will be found soon,” the CAF statement read in part.

“However, in view of the upcoming match scheduled between DR Congo and Nigeria U-17 national teams on July 20th, 2014 in Lubumbashi, we wish to ensure that the African youth players maintain their chance of playing competitive football for their respective countries.

“As such, please be informed that CAF decided to postpone the above mentioned match from July 20th to July 27th, 2014.”

The match is the first leg of a 2015 African U17 Championship qualifying fixture, and is Nigeria’s first step towards defending the world title they won in the United Arab Emirates last year.

Venue of the match remains TP Mazembe Stadium, Lubumbashi, and kick-off is 3.30pm Congo time (2.30pm Nigeria time) on the new date.

[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by enomakos(m): 9:09am On Jul 19, 2014
joseph1013: [b]
Nigeria's Eaglets get CAF
reprieve
Nigeria got some much-needed
reprieve after the Confederation
of African Football (CAF) moved
the Golden Eaglets African Junior
Championship qualifier in DR
Congo this weekend by a week.
CAF on Thursday moved the
2015 African U17 Championship
qualifying match between
Nigeria and the Democratic
Republic of Congo, set for
Lubumbashi, from Sunday, July
20 to Sunday, July 27.
CAF’s decision comes as a
welcome relief to the Nigeria
Football Federation, whose
officials patiently await positive
communication from FIFA on the
suspension clamped on the
country on July 9, due to a court
order barring the Aminu
Maigari–led executive committee
from functioning.
On Wednesday evening, in Jos,
the case was withdrawn by the
plaintiff, and on Thursday, the
NFF communicated same to FIFA,
praying the suspension be lifted
since the principal reason for
the clampdown had been met.
In its letter to the NFF, the
Federation Congolaise de
Football Association (FECOFA),
FECAFOOT and the match
officials, CAF declared that it was
granting the grace of seven days
with high hopes that the
suspension on Nigeria would be
lifted in a couple of days.
“Following the suspension of
Nigeria Football Federation by
FIFA few days ago, please be
informed that CAF is hopeful that
an end to this crisis will be
found soon,” the CAF statement
read in part.
“However, in view of the
upcoming match scheduled
between DR Congo and Nigeria
U-17 national teams on July
20th, 2014 in Lubumbashi, we
wish to ensure that the African
youth players maintain their
chance of playing competitive
football for their respective
countries.
“As such, please be informed
that CAF decided to postpone
the above mentioned match
from July 20th to July 27th,
2014.”
The match is the first leg of a
qualifying fixture, and is
Nigeria’s first step towards
defending the world title they
won in the United Arab Emirates
last year.
Venue of the match remains TP
Mazembe Stadium, Lubumbashi,
and kick-off is 3.30pm Congo
time (2.30pm Nigeria time) on
the new date.

[/b]
thank God some selfish people almost ruins the career of these boys

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by nerodenero: 10:09am On Jul 20, 2014
The only reasonable thing Issa Hayatou-led CAF have done for Nigeria in a very long time.
joseph1013: [b]
Nigeria's Eaglets get CAF
reprieve
Nigeria got some much-needed
reprieve after the Confederation
of African Football (CAF) moved
the Golden Eaglets African Junior
Championship qualifier in DR
Congo this weekend by a week.
CAF on Thursday moved the
qualifying match between
Nigeria and the Democratic
Republic of Congo, set for
Lubumbashi, from Sunday, July
20 to Sunday, July 27.
CAF’s decision comes as a
welcome relief to the Nigeria
Football Federation, whose
officials patiently await positive
communication from FIFA on the
suspension clamped on the
country on July 9, due to a court
order barring the Aminu
Maigari–led executive committee
from functioning.
On Wednesday evening, in Jos,
the case was withdrawn by the
plaintiff, and on Thursday, the
NFF communicated same to FIFA,
praying the suspension be lifted
since the principal reason for
the clampdown had been met.
In its letter to the NFF, the
Federation Congolaise de
Football Association (FECOFA),
FECAFOOT and the match
officials, CAF declared that it was
granting the grace of seven days
with high hopes that the
suspension on Nigeria would be
lifted in a couple of days.
“Following the suspension of
Nigeria Football Federation by
FIFA few days ago, please be
informed that CAF is hopeful that
an end to this crisis will be
found soon,” the CAF statement
read in part.
“However, in view of the
upcoming match scheduled
between DR Congo and Nigeria
U-17 national teams on July
20th, 2014 in Lubumbashi, we
wish to ensure that the African
youth players maintain their
chance of playing competitive
football for their respective
countries.
“As such, please be informed
that CAF decided to postpone
the above mentioned match
from July 20th to July 27th,
2014.”
The match is the first leg of a
qualifying fixture, and is
Nigeria’s first step towards
defending the world title they
won in the United Arab Emirates
last year.
Venue of the match remains TP
Mazembe Stadium, Lubumbashi,
and kick-off is 3.30pm Congo
time (2.30pm Nigeria time) on
the new date.

[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by arsetalks(m): 5:03pm On Jul 20, 2014
abatically:

E PAIN AM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nsofor is 27
Obasi is 28
Mikel Obi is 27

Only idiots judge others with their pass. Based on the last set of Eaglets, they are not overaged and the MRI scan carried out on them proved they are not as well.

Attention seeking tw*t.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! by joseph1013: 3:08pm On Jul 21, 2014
[b]
NIGER 2015: Nwakali, Iheanacho charge Eaglets

Chidiebere Nwakali and Kelechi Iheanacho, the two protagonists in the 2013 FIFA World Cup-winning Golden Eaglets, have made an appeal to the present set to keep the flag flying and ensure qualification for the 2015 African Under-17 Championship to be hosted in Niger.

The duo that moved to Manchester City after the World conquest in the United Arab Emirates made the clarion call in a telephone conversation with an official of the team on Sunday.

Pushing hard

- How are the boys doing sir? began Nwakali whose junior brother, Kelechi is the captain of the present set.

- I hope they are pushing hard in training, please let them know that they have to fight their way and qualify for the African tournament.

Compatriot

- Is Kelechi doing well too?
Please, give my best wishes to the entire team, he added before allowing his roommate and compatriot, Iheanacho to speak.

- Long time sir and how is the team doing? Iheanacho, the 2013 U-17 Golden Ball winner asked rhetorically. I believe all is well with everyone, please greet the players and officials; and we are wishing your team all the best.

Courtesy 'futaa.com'
[/b]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (64) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) / More Than 100 Doctors Say Mayweather-mcgregor Fight Should Not Have Been Allowed / Dele Alli's Sex Video Leaks Online (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.