Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,372 members, 7,819,341 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 - Sports (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 (154355 Views)

Nigeria Vs Mali: FIFA U-17 World Cup Final (2 - 0) On 8th November, 2015 / Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 / Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by Zikdik(m): 10:09pm On Nov 08, 2013
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by Zikdik(m): 10:10pm On Nov 08, 2013
The look on the face of that girl in Ihenacho's street that dumped him because he does not know anything else apart from football.
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by UsaNumber: 10:23pm On Nov 08, 2013
Get Usa and Uk number on your naija sim for making call (with US caller i.d) , receiving call and Sms.
To get urs visit http://usacallsms.com
or call 08124042953 , +1 347 565 4938
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 08, 2013
isale_gan2:
ABU DHABI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES - NOVEMBER 08: Nigeria Players in celebration during the FIFA U-17 World cup UAE 2013 Final match between Mexico and Nigeria at Mohamed Bin Zayed Stadium on November 8, 2013 in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. (Photo by Amin Mohammad Jamali/Getty Images)

Hey you, you just love posting pictures everywhere, don't you? tongue

I wonder what your room is going to look like with all kinds of pictures and wall papers. undecided
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by Limaoscar: 10:26pm On Nov 08, 2013
Posession. Mexico 56- 44 Nigeria. Dem go chop posession, maybe FIFA go give Posession of the tournament. Lol

Yeye People. I'm sure after the first match where they let in 6 goals, their coach must have said, "keep the ball as much as you can , get a draw at extra time and we go into penalty and gamble. Dem no know say our boys can score whenever, where ever and however irrespective of ball possessioncheesy grin grin
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by tbaba1234: 10:29pm On Nov 08, 2013
duni04:
Sadly that's not the point. We can't have an argument about what the physiology of a 17yr old should or shouldn't be like. The point and argument is that from precedence, African teams tend to win most youth competitions, like Nigeria just did, and then these players somehow tend to fizzle into obscurity and also these same countries, for some not so difficult to decipher reason, are unable to replicate these successes at youth level in the senior level. This is coupled with Nigeria's well known prowess at age falsification and cheating. Nigerian youth players for instance are very popular with european clubs as they always have to add to their ages to arrive at their True ages (Obafemi martins at inter and taribo west at partizan, amongs others). That's the argument

You have failed to notice the changes that have been made this year. It is true that overage players have been presented in the past. But the NFF and co got it right this time.

All these boys are from academies. There is no single professional.

Success at this age does not guarantee senior success. Bojan, Macheda etc.. Where are they?? Apart from the golden age of portugal, the transition does not always happen..

Some of these boys might be exploited by agents. It is very important that the NFF monitors whatever contracts they sign abroad.

5 Likes

Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by Nobody: 10:40pm On Nov 08, 2013
@Duni04

Let me add this to my initial post.

I honestly think at least two players (Nacho and the GK) from this team need to be fast-tracked into the SE. And also the Olaitan guy from the under-20 team. However, would your coach do that? - hell no. That's why African football is in shambles at the next level. Ghana got to the quarter-finals of the last world-cup - with a mix of their under-20 team and the national team squad.

Three Lions do it at every cup competition. Gazza at Italian 90; Rio Ferdinand and Michael Owen at France 98 (Beckham, Sol Campbell, Paul Scholes and Gary Neville were also pretty young); and Wayne Rooney at Euro 2004. I know at least 4 young players would make England's team to the next world cup in Brazil. Neymar has been playing for Brazil since he was 16 or 17, same for Robinho And Messi for Argentina.

Players peak at different ages. That's why you have to select them at the right time. You don't necessarily need to wait for them to get to a particular age. Politics is the bane of African football.
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by dabossman(m): 10:41pm On Nov 08, 2013
duni04:
Isn't it rather ironic that African countries keep winning these youth competitions over and over again and yet have never been able to replicate these victories at the senior level? Same reason why these players fizzle into obscurity shortly after winning these competitions. Its cos they're old! Let's not all forget what Partizan belgrade said about Taribo west's age. The main reason for these youth competitions is to raise and identify future talent and not the trophies. Its a concept Africans are yet to understand. So while the rest of the world continues using these competitions to build future teams that will be successful later on, we can continue winning them with old men that will surely fizzle out in a few years.

I keep hearing this argument and its so mute. Argentina have won the U20 tourney severally in the last decade and even won Olympic gold in 2008, yet the last timee they won the world cup was with Maradona in 1986.

I'M guessing Argentina have been cheating too, and Messi, Aguero, Juninho, Tevez and co are all over-aged too. This is Mexico's 3rd U17 final in just 8yrs. I'm guessing they shld win the next two world cups by your assertion.

Football isn't mathematics.

4 Likes

Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by RedLight1: 10:41pm On Nov 08, 2013
duni04:
Isn't it rather ironic that African countries keep winning these youth competitions over and over again and yet have never been able to replicate these victories at the senior level? Same reason why these players fizzle into obscurity shortly after winning these competitions. Its cos they're old! Let's not all forget what Partizan belgrade said about Taribo west's age. The main reason for these youth competitions is to raise and identify future talent and not the trophies. Its a concept Africans are yet to understand. So while the rest of the world continues using these competitions to build future teams that will be successful later on, we can continue winning them with old men that will surely fizzle out in a few years.
so these guys really look over aged to u

only god knows what u look like when u were 17

http://www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/photogallery/gallery=2221169.html#2221057
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by dabossman(m): 11:07pm On Nov 08, 2013
striker9: Alampasu and Mohammed are obviously over 17yrs old,the rest are kids.The team needed experienced players,which is why Mohammed and Alampasu had more work rate than any other player[my own point of view].The Mohammed guy no dey tire at all,but I'm happy we have started playing real soccer with young talented players.
I think the reason we hold some of these erroneous notions is because school sports is practically dead in Nigeria. When I was in Secondary School we had 15 year olds in SS1 who played 90mins at a very brisk pace. How old was Owen or even Messi when they started playing full 90mins? Or are we now saying Caucasians are more atheletic than Africans?

1 Like

Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by 0monnakoda: 11:08pm On Nov 08, 2013
They are over 17 mostly. I would say the average age of that team is close to 19- 20 but this is not as bad as previously.They are a promising bunch and I hope they can move into a professiona club set-up quickly. I am sure some will already have been noticed by top clubs. Under 17 competition is not as important in Europe an I guess that is why we did not see much of Fabregas and Ramsey etc at that level. Bendtner played his first game for Arsenal at 17 so these guys need to be with clubs if they are going to make progress
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by duni04(m): 11:15pm On Nov 08, 2013
Red-Light:
so these guys really look over aged to u

only god knows what u look like when u were 17

http://www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/photogallery/gallery=2221169.html#2221057
U go find out if european clubs accept the birth certificate ages of Nigerian footballers.
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by AndreUweh(m): 11:16pm On Nov 08, 2013
0monnakoda: They are over 17 mostly. I would say the average age of that team is close to 19- 20 but this is not as bad as previously.They are a promising bunch and I hope they can move into a professiona club set-up quickly. I am sure some will already have been noticed by top clubs. Under 17 competition is not as important in Europe an I guess that is why we did not see much of Fabregas and Ramsey etc at that level. Bendtner played his first game for Arsenal at 17 so these guys need to be with clubs if they are going to make progress
They are all under 17. Its true.
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by tbaba1234: 11:17pm On Nov 08, 2013
0monnakoda: They are over 17 mostly. I would say the average age of that team is close to 19- 20 but this is not as bad as previously.They are a promising bunch and I hope they can move into a professiona club set-up quickly. I am sure some will already have been noticed by top clubs.

On the contrary, i think the vast majority are 17 or below. Since MRI is not a perfect science one or two might be between 18-20 maximum but this is far better than what we used to have.
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by tbaba1234: 11:20pm On Nov 08, 2013
I hope these guys are monitored. I do not want to hear that someone is in malta or cyprus or bulgaria. angry
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by UyiIredia(m): 11:28pm On Nov 08, 2013
Shymexx: '. . . players peak at different ages.'

# word
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by dabossman(m): 11:31pm On Nov 08, 2013
0monnakoda: They are over 17 mostly. I would say the average age of that team is close to 19- 20 but this is not as bad as previously.They are a promising bunch and I hope they can move into a professiona club set-up quickly. I am sure some will already have been noticed by top clubs. Under 17 competition is not as important in Europe an I guess that is why we did not see much of Fabregas and Ramsey etc at that level. Bendtner played his first game for Arsenal at 17 so these guys need to be with clubs if they are going to make progress

Fabregas played U17 at Finland 2003. The name on his jersey then was Cesc. Won't be surprised if the other guys you mentioned played at the European youth tourneys. They actually have more youth tourneys in Europe than we do in Africa.
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by bacco2000(m): 11:49pm On Nov 08, 2013
dominique:

Lols, I pointed that out to my hubby too. The confetti is supposed to be the country colour but I saw pieces of red in the ones sprayed (maybe they only made plans for Mexico). Na dem sabi, God pass them.

Can you just imagine that, it's so small like 2 seconds and red colour
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by Kingskid20(m): 11:55pm On Nov 08, 2013
De boys are good joor .na we get dat cup wedar devil like am or nt
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by Nobody: 12:01am On Nov 09, 2013
In other news, Nigeria's U-17 female team, the Flamingoes, have already qualified for next year's FIFA U-17 Wonens World Cup via a walk over. Their opponents in the qualification series, South Sudan, withdrew from the series.
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by Nobody: 12:22am On Nov 09, 2013

How can u say that the average age is btw 19and 20years when fifa MRI scan shows that these boys are under 17yrs..abeg make una just shut up instead of saying things that are false.
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by NellyGhenghen(m): 1:04am On Nov 09, 2013
bone of contention is that Nigeria is in world news for something positive for a change cheesy
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by Daewoods(m): 1:34am On Nov 09, 2013
s, We say a Big **Congratulations!!!** to The #Golden_Eaglets of #Naija. Best of Luck even as U all move from greater heights to greater Heights, the sky is only a Starting Point for U all... Good will make U all Bigger!
Once again #CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by toshmann(m): 2:22am On Nov 09, 2013
Imagine Nigeria win World Cup I no know embarassed
I no even sabi say World Cup dey embarassed

This America wey person come de live don take style change my mentality. Na wa o

Anywys Congrats Super Eagles cheesy

I guess GEJ will count this as one of his achievements grin
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by imperiouxx(m): 2:32am On Nov 09, 2013
toshmann: Imagine Nigeria win World Cup I no know embarassed
I no even sabi say World Cup dey embarassed

This America wey person come de live don take style change my mentality. Na wa o

Anywys Congrats Super Eagles cheesy

I guess GEJ will count this as one of his achievements grin

lols... No be alaba rago you dey live grin
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by Xfactoria: 3:01am On Nov 09, 2013
joel lala:

How can u say that the average age is btw 19and 20years when fifa MRI scan shows that these boys are under 17yrs..abeg make una just shut up instead of saying things that are false.

You obviously don't know how the MRI scan works! It doesn't measure true age per se. It measures bone development as a proxy for age. And because these guys in Africa don't develop at the same pace as Europeans for dietary reasons, they would probably still pass the MRI equivalent of a European 17 years old at say 19-23 years.

However, this team is the youngest U-17 team I have witnessed Nigeria present at any tournament and I have been watching since Scotland 1989.
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by toshmann(m): 3:49am On Nov 09, 2013
imperiouxx:

lols... No be alaba rago you dey live grin

how u take sabi? cheesy
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by toshmann(m): 3:53am On Nov 09, 2013
X-factoria:

You obviously don't know how the MRI scan works! It doesn't measure true age per se. It measures bone development as a proxy for age. And because these guys in Africa don't develop at the same pace as Europeans for dietary reasons, they would probably still pass the MRI equivalent of a European 17 years old at say 19-23 years.

However, this team is the youngest U-17 team I have witnessed Nigeria present at any tournament and I have been watching since Scotland 1989.

though i didnt watch the games, i refuse to let you take away the authenticity of their victory angry . . . the average african is smaller than his european age-mate, those boys must be young bc i refuse to believe that the nigerian authorities will even attempt to present overaged kids in this 2013 with new technology here and there.

meanwhile bone age na bone age. . . . if their bone age na de same, then its fair game, period angry
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by imperiouxx(m): 4:02am On Nov 09, 2013
toshmann:

how u take sabi? cheesy

no be that viewing center down the street we watch the match together because NEPA no gree give us light since yesterday. cheesy
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by toshmann(m): 4:08am On Nov 09, 2013
imperiouxx:

no be that viewing center down the street we watch the match together because NEPA no gree give us light since yesterday. cheesy

bad guy. . . .Nepa sef na wa o . . . grin dem no even gree person watch our boys as dem defeat our opponents
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by demmy(m): 4:33am On Nov 09, 2013
X-factoria:

You know this but the FIFA people don't?

2 Likes

Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by isalegan2: 5:11am On Nov 09, 2013
shymexx: Err...those guys look relatively young except the GK and Mohammed.

Fifa has always allowed 3 or 4 senior players in junior tournaments. I'm not sure of the exact number or limit.

I remember CRonaldo playing with Portugal under 21 after he was already older.

It's too bad some of our people are tormented by self-loathing, they just keep bringing up this age cheating thing. undecided I don't mean you, Shymexx. I just happened to see your post.

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (Reply)

Super Eagles Vs Atletico Madrid In Uyo - 2 - 3 (Full-Time) / Nigeria Vs.Cameroon: AFCON Round Of 16. (2 - 0) On 27th January 2024 / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.