Stats: 3,194,626 members, 7,955,302 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:52 PM

India Launches First Mission To Mars - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / India Launches First Mission To Mars (1021 Views)

New Satelite And Rover (exomars) Launches To Mars (photos) / NASA Confirms Evidence That Liquid Water Flows On Today’s Mars / Cosmic Rays Entering Earth From Mars 2nite.pls Switch Off Ur Fone Tonight! (2) (3) (4)

India Launches First Mission To Mars by bizfirst: 6:49pm On Nov 05, 2013
India on Tuesday launched its first spacecraft bound for Mars, a complex mission that it hopes will demonstrate and advance technologies for space travel.

Hundreds of people watched the rocket carrying the Mars orbiter take off from the east-coast island of Sriharikota and streak across the sky. Many more across the country watched live TV broadcasts.

Officials at the space center described it as a “textbook launch.” If the mission is successful, India will become only the fourth nation to visit the red planet after the Soviet Union, the United States and Europe.

“Capturing and igniting the young minds of India and across the globe will be the major return from this mission,” mission director P. Kunhikrishnan said from the launch site.

After 44 minutes, the orbiter separated from the rocket and entered into an elliptical path around Earth. Over the next 20-25 days, it will perform a series of technical maneuvers and short burns to raise its orbit before it slingshots toward Mars.

Source and more: http://akaahanterungwa.com/2013/11/05/india-launches-first-mission-to-mars/
Re: India Launches First Mission To Mars by abdulg: 6:59pm On Nov 05, 2013
g
Re: India Launches First Mission To Mars by naijaking1: 7:20pm On Nov 05, 2013
Good for India.
That's a nation that is developing forward. We in Nigeria? We are developing backward.
Re: India Launches First Mission To Mars by bizfirst: 7:26pm On Nov 05, 2013
naijaking1: Good for India.
That's a nation that is developing forward. We in Nigeria? We are developing backward.

My exact thoughts when I aggregated that piece of news!
Re: India Launches First Mission To Mars by Afrocatalyst: 7:32pm On Nov 05, 2013
Well,I tink they're getting it right. Oxygen exists in mars,which means there's life there. Bt the question is,what kind of life is there? Definitely not human,but sometin closer to human dat doesn't require the amount of oxxgen humans require. There's even red soil there.
I believe science reveals God's wonderful nature and creatures as opposed to those who believe science is evil.
God is bigger than any human can think of.
Re: India Launches First Mission To Mars by 9Willywilly: 7:32pm On Nov 05, 2013
India is heading to greatness, people with vision.
Re: India Launches First Mission To Mars by OreMI22: 7:37pm On Nov 05, 2013
Which one concern me if they launch to Jupiter or Pluto, while 60% of their massive population languish in abject poverty?

They should deport all illegal Indians in Nigeria in reciprocity to their treatment of Nigerians living in India!
Re: India Launches First Mission To Mars by Nobody: 7:41pm On Nov 05, 2013
naija too launch nah! wait let me think... yes! I remember now, Nigeria launches probe into stella odua BMW saga!
Re: India Launches First Mission To Mars by naijaking1: 7:46pm On Nov 05, 2013
S@NNiE:
naija too launch nah! wait let me think... yes! I remember now, Nigeria launches probe into stella odua BMW saga!

More like Nigeria launches a mision into Oduah's rear end!
Re: India Launches First Mission To Mars by ChimaAgbalajob: 8:03pm On Nov 05, 2013
Ore_MI_22: Which one concern me if they launch to Jupiter or Pluto, while 60% of their massive population languish in abject poverty?

They should deport all illegal Indians in Nigeria in reciprocity to their treatment of Nigerians living in India!

EXACTLY !
Re: India Launches First Mission To Mars by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 05, 2013
wetin india dey find for mars wey a billion people for dia house wan die of poverry?
Re: India Launches First Mission To Mars by tpia5: 8:12pm On Nov 05, 2013

even if nothing else, at least they have a subway system and IT power.
Re: India Launches First Mission To Mars by cashkidisback1(m): 8:15pm On Nov 05, 2013
hope they wont go there n r*pe tinz undecided lipsrsealed
Re: India Launches First Mission To Mars by uncleck: 8:20pm On Nov 05, 2013
same people complained when info. about Nigeria's space project was posted here...
Re: India Launches First Mission To Mars by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 05, 2013
where America, USSR and EU did not succeed, India discovered water on moon

those people saying India is languishin in poverty are only saying so becos they want to be the only ones doing great things. And for us here in Africa saying the same thing, we have our heads but cannot use it. We take only what we are told.

Major powers had poverty issues when they started their space projects so whats our point?

If all India has spent on poverty reduction does not yield results, it is not the drop in the ocean they put in their space programme that will make a difference if it was put in poverty reduction.
Re: India Launches First Mission To Mars by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 05, 2013
Nigeria is not developing backward. We are going to space in 2015. We are on our way to having a launch pad. Nigeria would be the first African country to lauch anything into space from our from African soil

Re: India Launches First Mission To Mars by omenka(m): 9:47pm On Nov 05, 2013
Ore_MI_22: They should deport all illegal Indians in Nigeria in reciprocity to their treatment of Nigerians living in India!

You don't expect people outside to treat your kids with love and respect when you are always seen treating them with sheer contempt disrespect.

It is just simple logic. It is the reason why a husband who despises his wife never shows it beyond the walls of the bedroom.
Re: India Launches First Mission To Mars by wirinet(m): 12:11am On Nov 06, 2013
souldust: where America, USSR and EU did not succeed, India discovered water on moon

those people saying India is languishin in poverty are only saying so becos they want to be the only ones doing great things. And for us here in Africa saying the same thing, we have our heads but cannot use it. We take only what we are told.

Major powers had poverty issues when they started their space projects so whats our point?

If all India has spent on poverty reduction does not yield results, it is not the drop in the ocean they put in their space programme that will make a difference if it was put in poverty reduction.

Water on the moon? .... LOL. How did the water get there? The moon that can not even hold down an atmosphere. Please go back and read elementary geography. Maybe it is aliens they will find there next, drinking the water.

Russia and the US went to space because of the cold war. For both pride and military advantage.It is a totally different reason for india and poor countries like Nigeria wasting their money on space programs. Most other countries including Europe and asia do not bother wasting money on bogus space programs. And it is only very recent that China has joined the space race.
Re: India Launches First Mission To Mars by Nobody: 12:17am On Nov 06, 2013

Excuse me but are you aware that Nigeria currently holds the distinguished status of home to the first black-built satellite on earth, with the said satellite (NigerSat X) currently orbiting over the planet in outer space as we speak? And has a credible program to be part of the moon mission by 2030?

http://www.scidev.net/global/earth-science/news/nigeria-launches-first-satellite-built-by-africans.html

Kindly check your facts before typing pls.
Re: India Launches First Mission To Mars by Brimmie(m): 12:24am On Nov 06, 2013
The First Mission: Is to send all these thieves to exile.

Satellite Kor, Antenna Ni! undecided
Re: India Launches First Mission To Mars by Nobody: 12:28am On Nov 06, 2013
Brimmie: The First Mission: Is to send all these thieves to exile.

Satellite Kor, Antenna Ni! undecided

The refrain of the lazy mind.

Kindly name the ''saints'' that will take over from them?

In the real world, you can only work with what you have, not what you wish you had. So snap out of it.
Re: India Launches First Mission To Mars by Nobody: 6:04am On Nov 06, 2013
@wirinet i think you are the one who should do research to find out if what i am saying is true. You can look it up here: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2009/sep/24/water-moon-space-exploration-india

you dont need an atmosphere to have water. Water isnt formed by atmosphere. Infact the water you find in atmosphere is that which came from the ground. You are the one who should go back and learn basic geography and science of water cycle.
Re: India Launches First Mission To Mars by Nobody: 10:00am On Nov 06, 2013
wirinet:

Water on the moon? .... LOL. How did the water get there? The moon that can not even hold down an atmosphere. Please go back and read elementary geography. Maybe it is aliens they will find there next, drinking the water.

Russia and the US went to space because of the cold war. For both pride and military advantage.It is a totally different reason for india and poor countries like Nigeria wasting their money on space programs. Most other countries including Europe and asia do not bother wasting money on bogus space programs. And it is only very recent that China has joined the space race.
dont waste your time with that guy. he has no idea of what he is talking about
Re: India Launches First Mission To Mars by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 06, 2013
careytommy:
dont waste your time with that guy. he has no idea of what he is talking about

it seems you are the one i shouldnt waste my time with.

I dont have an idea of what i am saying? That India found water on moon is something i supported with a credible evidence unlike you. Read my last post befor this one and get enlightened.

To agree with @winiret that a heavenly body needs an atmosphere to have water only shows that it is possible for us to have people who agree with that which is not true.

The atmosphere is not the source of water, the ground is.
Re: India Launches First Mission To Mars by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 06, 2013
souldust:

it seems you are the one i shouldnt waste my time with.

I dont have an idea of what i am saying? That India found water on moon is something i supported with a credible evidence unlike you. Read my last post befor this one and get enlightened.

To agree with @winiret that a heavenly body needs an atmosphere to have water only shows that it is possible for us to have people who agree with that which is not true.

The atmosphere is not the source of water, the ground is.
you probably missed the part where the hydrogen is immediately lost to space upon exposure to the sun.
Re: India Launches First Mission To Mars by wirinet(m): 12:19pm On Nov 10, 2013
souldust: @wirinet i think you are the one who should do research to find out if what i am saying is true. You can look it up here: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2009/sep/24/water-moon-space-exploration-india

you dont need an atmosphere to have water. Water isnt formed by atmosphere. Infact the water you find in atmosphere is that which came from the ground. You are the one who should go back and learn basic geography and science of water cycle.

I did not want to comment further on the outrageous claim on water being on the moon, as you stubbornly refuse to learn. The site you posted is useless, the very first sentence said it is a CLAIM, no evidence of anything, no even evidence of an Indian every being on the moon. No name of any reputable scientist attached to the claim. Science is not based on claims. The most absurd claim is that the water is not even liquid water but molecular water. What the fvck is molecular water? Please explain. I hope you read the whole article instead of just the headline.

Water is not farmed in the atmosphere but formed in the ground? Abel which school you go? So i can tell even my enemy to avoid sending his child to that school.
Let me give you a nursery one assignment. What is the constituent components of water and where can they be found?
Re: India Launches First Mission To Mars by everyday: 10:19am On Nov 15, 2013
When will nigeria send a man to the moon

Where To Learn A Digital And Technology Skill In Osogbo / Latest Cisco 642-813 Exam Dumps Need / Megaphone