Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,530 members, 7,770,364 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:55 AM

Cosmic Rays Entering Earth From Mars 2nite.pls Switch Off Ur Fone Tonight! - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Cosmic Rays Entering Earth From Mars 2nite.pls Switch Off Ur Fone Tonight! (178448 Views)

Cosmic Ray Rumours / Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) / Breaking News : Cosmos Rays Visits Earth From Mars Tonight By 12:30am To 3:30 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Cosmic Rays Entering Earth From Mars 2nite.pls Switch Off Ur Fone Tonight! by Nobody: 10:04pm On Aug 15, 2012
Well, i don't know how thru it is, but dis d third time such message is entering my phone, and i'm also getting frantic calls from loved ones too on d matter.

This is what d sms reads:
Tonight btw 12.30am and 3.30am cosmic rays will enter into the earth from mars. So switch off ur phones at night. Don't keep them near you either, put then away pls. Send to others. Gotten from BBC."

I think its better to play safe. Dis world is unpredictable..

2 Likes

Re: Cosmic Rays Entering Earth From Mars 2nite.pls Switch Off Ur Fone Tonight! by Acidosis(m): 10:10pm On Aug 15, 2012
Nor be only cosmic ray. . .na cosmos gay. Infact I'll switch on my BT, WLAN, and I'll enable my 3.75g network. . then I can fix my ear piece and listen to my favourite musics throughout the night while I stay connected on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Cosmic Rays Entering Earth From Mars 2nite.pls Switch Off Ur Fone Tonight! by Nobody: 10:28pm On Aug 15, 2012
the question is...is it tonight in amrika or tonight in Lagos?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cosmic Rays Entering Earth From Mars 2nite.pls Switch Off Ur Fone Tonight! by phemmy1505: 10:32pm On Aug 15, 2012
We don’t know where all the cosmic rays come from. The Sun emits low energy cosmic rays, typically accompanying solar flares. But even if every star in the known universe created cosmic rays in a similar manner, they would only explain a fraction of them. Cosmic rays are pieces of atoms, flying through space at incredible speeds.
Sometimes they hit Earth, and some of them even hit you.
About 30 cosmic rays fly through your body every second
Re: Cosmic Rays Entering Earth From Mars 2nite.pls Switch Off Ur Fone Tonight! by boneruns(m): 10:32pm On Aug 15, 2012

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cosmic Rays Entering Earth From Mars 2nite.pls Switch Off Ur Fone Tonight! by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 15, 2012
Na today....cosmo rays no fit do naija guy anything jor
Re: Cosmic Rays Entering Earth From Mars 2nite.pls Switch Off Ur Fone Tonight! by Nobody: 10:44pm On Aug 15, 2012
super Ted is around
Re: Cosmic Rays Entering Earth From Mars 2nite.pls Switch Off Ur Fone Tonight! by Captain2012(m): 10:47pm On Aug 15, 2012
Thats the work of a sharp dude that has free mtn text msgs. Na alien go follow. Lol
Re: Cosmic Rays Entering Earth From Mars 2nite.pls Switch Off Ur Fone Tonight! by Nobody: 10:52pm On Aug 15, 2012
hey

Re: Cosmic Rays Entering Earth From Mars 2nite.pls Switch Off Ur Fone Tonight! by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 15, 2012
a cheating boyfriend's excuse tonight

1 Like

Re: Cosmic Rays Entering Earth From Mars 2nite.pls Switch Off Ur Fone Tonight! by bid4rich(m): 11:11pm On Aug 15, 2012
This is almighty nonsense. No be only cosmos, na cosmopolitan. Mtcheeeeeew!!!
Re: Cosmic Rays Entering Earth From Mars 2nite.pls Switch Off Ur Fone Tonight! by Emmysteve(m): 11:43pm On Aug 15, 2012
Hoax Alert: Cosmic Rays from
Mars Entering Earth
There have been rumors
circulating that cosmic rays
from Mars are entering Earth
tonight so we need to switch
off our phones, or put them
away from us.
Tonight 12:30 am to 3:30
am cosmo rays entering
earth from mars. So switch
off your mobile at night.
Don’t keep your cell with
you & put it away while
you are sleeping because
they are too much
dangerous rays: NASA
informs BBC NEWS. Pls
spread this news.
The message above is clearly
nothing more than just another
HOAX. I don’t know why people
are circulating panic messages
such as this to disturb the lives
of other people. From what I
have noticed, this message has
been circulating since 2008 and
it suddenly reappeared today, 6
April 2012. I also received text
messages containing this false
information and saw similar
Facebook posts.
I did my own research and I
have found no credible reports
that confirm the claims in the
warning message. There are no
references to such a threat
listed on credible scientific
websites. I also checked the
NASA and BBC news today to
see if they have posted
something like this. Fortunately,
both have never said such a
thing and will never probably
produce a similar baseless
statement.
Despite the claim in the message,
there are several reasons to say
that this information is untrue.
First, Mars could not emit
harmful radiation because it is
not a star. Cosmic rays are
emitted by stars. i.e bodies that
are undergoing nuclear
reactions that is fusion (as
occurs in our sun) or fission (as
occurs in nuclear reactors). Mars
is neither. It is a planet that just
reflects sunlight. It cannot emit
cosmic radiation.
Next, with regards to these rays
the earth’s atmosphere is
capable of taking care of them
so no need to worry. The
magnetosphere absorbs and
protects us from the sun’s
harmful radiation. Whatever
remains is too feeble to affect
any thing as far as earth.
The Earth’s magnetosphere
prevents most of the particles
from the Sun, carried in the solar
wind, from hitting the Earth.
Image credit: milesmathis.com
Another thing is that we are
actually hit by cosmic rays every
day — all day (and night too). If
it was going to hurt your cell,
then it would have already fried
it by now.
Sometimes magnetic storms on
the sun will fry the electronics
of satellites in orbit, and may
also blow out the power grid in
high latitudes near the Earth’s
magnetic poles, but other than
static, I don’t see what it might
do to your cell phones.
So, to anyone who will receive
this kind of message, please
think it over and help educate
others. Spreading dubious and
unsubstantiated warnings such
as this is counterproductive and
is unlikely to help anyone.
Re: Cosmic Rays Entering Earth From Mars 2nite.pls Switch Off Ur Fone Tonight! by Seun(m): 1:05am On Aug 16, 2012

1 Like 1 Share

(1)

Amazing Facts About The Air Force One (official ‘plane’ Of The US President) / Www.wapkid.com | Wapkid Free Mp3 Music Downloads/wapkid Games And Music Video / Www.2go.com Download 2go Latest Version Www.2go.im| Www.2go.co.za- Free Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.