Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Someone Help, I Think Am Roasting In Europe - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Someone Help, I Think Am Roasting In Europe (1874 Views)

I Think I Lose My Bargaining Skill / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe / I Think The Most Beautiful Places In Africa Are: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Someone Help, I Think Am Roasting In Europe by LastKing(m): 2:30pm On Jul 12, 2008
I think am roasting.
I hear of people trekking across the sahara desert, then swim the meditteranean to get to Europe. But I have been here for a year. I can't actually see what people are dying to come and see in europe. I have toured paris and london and alot of The netherlands, but nothing actually trip me about europe.

Is there something wrong with me. I was sent here by my company. so I came in easily, I have a good job here but still am not thrilled about anything here. except constant power, fast internet and good transport.

How do guys enjoy europe, I need to learn.
Re: Someone Help, I Think Am Roasting In Europe by jekkad: 2:32pm On Jul 12, 2008
go to d travels section

anyways to ansa ur question,if u want to enjoy where ever u find urself,all uve got to do is create activities to avoid boredom
Re: Someone Help, I Think Am Roasting In Europe by brownbonno(m): 3:05pm On Jul 12, 2008
Last King:

Is there something wrong with me. I was sent here by my company. so I came in easily, I have a good job here but still am not thrilled about anything here. except constant power, fast internet and good transport.

I am sure something is wrong.May i ask where in Netherland do you live ?
Re: Someone Help, I Think Am Roasting In Europe by SeanT21(f): 3:05pm On Jul 12, 2008
Last King:

I think am roasting.
I hear of people trekking across the sahara desert, then swim the meditteranean to get to Europe. But I have been here for a year. I can't actually see what people are dying to come and see in europe. I have toured paris and london and alot of The netherlands, but nothing actually trip me about europe.

There is nothing wrong with you. I think your expectations were way too high.

What various things did U see in Europe that didn't excite U
?
Re: Someone Help, I Think Am Roasting In Europe by edmondo(m): 7:39pm On Jul 12, 2008
nothing is wrong with you
but i tink if you have sumtin gud doing i naija,there is no point killing youself on getting to europe but u can alwayz cme 4 visit
Re: Someone Help, I Think Am Roasting In Europe by dnative(m): 8:43pm On Jul 12, 2008
It's all about individual expectations. Some come here with very high unreasonable expectations and get their hopes dashed. Some come here with very realistic expectations and manage to earn a decent living.

As has been said, if you have something worthwhile going on for you in naija, don't risk that on the false hope of greener pasture in Europe. Having the best of both worlds, now that's another perspective entirely. If you have something good in naija and you are able to come here as well, then use the opportunity of access to the 2 different economies to your advantage.
Re: Someone Help, I Think Am Roasting In Europe by LastKing(m): 8:54pm On Jul 12, 2008
brownbonno:

I am sure something is wrong.May i ask where in Netherland do you live ?

I live in the Hague

SeanT21:

there is nothing wrong with you. I think Your expectations where way too high.

I personally want to travel to Europe and visit

1. Big Ben
2 Buckingham palace
3. Eiffel tower
4. Colleseo

and more.

What various things did You see in Europe that didn't excite You?

I have seen  the Eiffel tower, its just a structure made with steel beams. I see steel everyday, what make the steel of Eiffel tower different.
I guess Buckingham palace is just going to look like any other building, whats the hype about it.

jek_kad:

go to d travels section

anyways to ansa your question,if u want to enjoy where ever u find yourself,all uve got to do is create activities to avoid boredom

I will not go to the travel section.

Someone might might diagnose insufficient romance as my problem, then I will have to come here.
Am I really bored? am not sure, its just that I can't see why people are dying to come to Europe. I guess Thats what am missing
Re: Someone Help, I Think Am Roasting In Europe by dudu19(m): 9:07pm On Jul 12, 2008
@poster U think u are roasting in europe maybe u should quit ur job
pack ur bags and go home, then u can rot in afrika grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Someone Help, I Think Am Roasting In Europe by SeanT21(f): 9:34pm On Jul 12, 2008
Last King:

I live in the Hague

I have seen the Eiffel tower, its just a structure made with steel beams. I see steel everyday, what make the steel of Eiffel tower different.
I guess Buckingham palace is just going to look like any other building, whats the hype about it.

Someone might might diagnose insufficient romance as my problem, then I will have to come here.
Am I really bored? am not sure, its just that I can't see why people are dying to come to Europe. I guess Thats what am missing

There is something unique about it that interest me. Have you gone in the Eiffel tower itself?

dudu19:

@poster You think u are roasting in europe maybe u should quit your job
pack your bags and go home, then u can rot in afrika grin grin

Remember he has a good Job. Things might be different for him in Africa. Not everyone that lives in Africa is poor.
Re: Someone Help, I Think Am Roasting In Europe by LastKing(m): 10:02pm On Jul 12, 2008
dudu19:

@poster You think u are roasting in europe maybe u should quit your job
pack your bags and go home, then u can rot in afrika grin grin

You think there is no money in Nigeria or what. With a population of 150million, you can easily be a millionaire in Nigeria if you know what to do. so stop that crap about rotting. Remember the richest african is a Nigerian, that should explain something to you.

SeanT21:

There is something unique about it that interest me. Have you gone in the Eiffel tower itself?

No I did not enter the tower, The queue was too long and I lost interest. Whats on the tower that could be interesting.
Re: Someone Help, I Think Am Roasting In Europe by SeanT21(f): 10:26pm On Jul 12, 2008
Last King:

You think there is no money in Nigeria or what. With a population of 150million, you can easily be a millionaire in Nigeria if you know what to do. so stop that crap about rotting. Remember the richest african is a Nigerian, that should explain something to you.

No I did not enter the tower, The queue was too long and I lost interest. Whats on the tower that could be interesting.

I will love to see the inside. I heard it has wonderful restaurents in it also. I will love to go to the top at night and see the whole of paris.

Re: Someone Help, I Think Am Roasting In Europe by skydiver(m): 8:45am On Jul 13, 2008
It depends on how you see it, a lot of Africans (not all) see Europe as the land of milk and honey.
My wife (Nigerian) who still lives in Nigeria have visit me twice over here and will visit me next month again, the things she like is that for here all looks organised here (no problems with NEPA !), drinking water, etc, but on the other side she see also how expencive it is, even to go pee you have to pay, and she see also I have to work hard for my money, even not here I can get money from trees. On the other side I understand that some people want to explore Europe, I was many times in PH (not as a worker!) but to visiting my wife. As a see how many people have to strugle for live and what pleaces the live and how the be treatend by there own police force than I understand the want to go to the "land of milk and honey". I just warned people who go true the dessert, the few people who make it can tell you, the only people who are ok with it are the people who organised this trips, the don't care about your lives! the just care about your money, do you know how many of Africans are stranded and never get the other side? Every day on television I see the same story again, children and women who died in the boat trip and at least the survivors picked up by border controle and sending back.
If LastKing don't feel fine in Europe it must be easy for him to quit his job and return to Africa, no big deal, I think he can not deal with the mentality in Europe (everything must be on time, people don't speak to eachother like Africans do, other culture, etc, ) but when I am in Nigeria I have to follow also the rules of the place where I am so I know and I do.
One thing I agree: Europe have not the laugh that you people have, singing and happiness even in bad days.
I wish all the best for you all, and may God bless you and make this world a happy world.
Re: Someone Help, I Think Am Roasting In Europe by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jan 17, 2010
No place like home. If u're not satisfied abroad, 9ja wil neva regect u. See u soon.
Re: Someone Help, I Think Am Roasting In Europe by flekan(m): 6:34pm On Jan 17, 2010
Tamita:

No place like home. If u're not satisfied abroad, 9ja wil neva regect u. See u soon.

Did u look at when this thread was created? smiley
Re: Someone Help, I Think Am Roasting In Europe by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jan 17, 2010
^^^^ Does'nt really matter, maybe to others who are actually "ROASTING ABROAD" lol
Re: Someone Help, I Think Am Roasting In Europe by flekan(m): 1:33pm On Jan 18, 2010
Tamita:

^^^^ Does'nt really matter, maybe to others who are actually "ROASTING ABROAD" lol

Lol! OK
Re: Someone Help, I Think Am Roasting In Europe by flekan(m): 1:34pm On Jan 18, 2010
fredric11:

i can get you visa to angola,belgum,turkey,in one week just call me so we talk 08024915778

Na everywhere u dey post this your yeye visa thing. Have u gotten yourself visa to any of those countries you listed?
Re: Someone Help, I Think Am Roasting In Europe by selencious(f): 4:47am On Jan 19, 2010
If you ain find anything interesting in Europe, Get ur Ass back home to ur homeland.
Re: Someone Help, I Think Am Roasting In Europe by selencious(f): 4:49am On Jan 19, 2010
If u ain find any place interesting in Europe, Get your A*S back to your homeland, Who wants to know if you've traveled round the world anyways?
Re: Someone Help, I Think Am Roasting In Europe by franko2: 7:09pm On Jan 21, 2010
Last King:

I live in the Hague

I have seen  the Eiffel tower, its just a structure made with steel beams. I see steel everyday, what make the steel of Eiffel tower different.

Holland is so very boring normally, otherwise y do u think they had to legalise ganja?  Den Haag is even worse!

As a Nigerian, u goofed, by going to see those monuments a la whiteys, and expect it to give u a buzz!  Its so very traditional for westerners but, has no meaning for us Nigerians/blacks.

Your interests would be kindled, if for instance u were in London like a lot of us, where u would find all levels of naijans, rich, poor, average etc etc.

In Holland, u wont find them a lot, rich or poor, because they just keep there heads down, or are involved in 'hustle' to survive and make ends meet.

From what u say, i suspect u have a good job, which means u dont hustle and, therefore would want to be snobbish and not mix freely with all comers, which is tough for u!   All in all, i think your well and truly snookered!!!   grin

Unjoy bro!   grin cool cheesy
Re: Someone Help, I Think Am Roasting In Europe by OvieE: 8:47pm On Jan 21, 2010
Last King:

The riches people that empty almost all banks in Nigeria to enrich themselve or which one are you talking about?
Re: Someone Help, I Think Am Roasting In Europe by MAURI: 10:08pm On Jan 21, 2010
@Franko

In Holland, u wont find them a lot, rich or poor, because they just keep there heads down, or are involved in 'hustle' to survive and make ends meet.

Franko, the above statement reflects how little you know about the Nigerian community in Holland. I am a Nigerian residing and working in Holland, I work with a major bank as Treasury Analyst (I have held various positions within same bank prior to this). In case you want to know more on Nigerians holding top positions within blue chip companies in Holland, I will be glad to fill you in. You may be right by saying that, it's always good to watch out not to mix with riff-raffs, I guess that's only logical if you want to maintain and uphold specific standard.
Re: Someone Help, I Think Am Roasting In Europe by franko2: 5:08am On Jan 22, 2010
franko!:

Holland is so very boring normally, otherwise y do u think they had to legalise ganja?  Den Haag is even worse!

As a Nigerian, u goofed, by going to see those monuments a la whiteys, and expect it to give u a buzz!  Its so very traditional for westerners but, has no meaning for us Nigerians/blacks.

Your interests would be kindled, if for instance u were in London like a lot of us, where u would find all levels of naijans, rich, poor, average etc etc.

From what u say, i suspect u have a good job, which means u dont hustle and, therefore would want to be snobbish and not mix freely with all comers, which is tough for u!   All in all, i think your well and truly snookered!!!   grin

Unjoy bro!   grin cool cheesy

MAURI:

@Franko

Franko, the above statement reflects how little you know about the Nigerian community in Holland. I am a Nigerian residing and working in Holland, I work with a major bank as Treasury Analyst (I have held various positions within same bank prior to this). In case you want to know more on Nigerians holding top positions within blue chip companies in Holland, I will be glad to fill you in. You may be right by saying that, it's always good to watch out not to mix with riff-raffs, I guess that's only logical if you want to maintain and uphold specific standard.

@MAURI
Pls feel free to fill me in anytime! I no there are loadsa naijans of all hues and cries in holland and wherever else, however, experience tells me u dont find them as freely as u would here in london, and i suspect it is for reason of lower population concentration or whatever, all in all, u guys tend to keep your heads down

Am not sure about the riff raff bit and maintenance of standard though, i say so because so many of us would gladly mix with (non riff raff) those who have acquired their wealth by way of looting naijas treasury back home without fear of sanction and, use such wealth to guarrantee themselves a place in the so-called non riff raff circle, living big - buying up and living in choice areas/houses
Re: Someone Help, I Think Am Roasting In Europe by Ugosample(m): 12:09am On Aug 21, 2016
skydiver:
It depends on how you see it, a lot of Africans (not all) see Europe as the land of milk and honey.
My wife (Nigerian) who still lives in Nigeria have visit me twice over here and will visit me next month again, the things she like is that for here all looks organised here (no problems with NEPA !), drinking water, etc, but on the other side she see also how expencive it is, even to go pee you have to pay, and she see also I have to work hard for my money, even not here I can get money from trees. On the other side I understand that some people want to explore Europe, I was many times in PH (not as a worker!) but to visiting my wife. As a see how many people have to strugle for live and what pleaces the live and how the be treatend by there own police force than I understand the want to go to the "land of milk and honey". I just warned people who go true the dessert, the few people who make it can tell you, the only people who are ok with it are the people who organised this trips, the don't care about your lives! the just care about your money, do you know how many of Africans are stranded and never get the other side? Every day on television I see the same story again, children and women who died in the boat trip and at least the survivors picked up by border controle and sending back.
If LastKing don't feel fine in Europe it must be easy for him to quit his job and return to Africa, no big deal, I think he can not deal with the mentality in Europe (everything must be on time, people don't speak to eachother like Africans do, other culture, etc, ) but when I am in Nigeria I have to follow also the rules of the place where I am so I know and I do.
One thing I agree: Europe have not the laugh that you people have, singing and happiness even in bad days.
I wish all the best for you all, and may God bless you and make this world a happy world.

And this is a balanced viewpoint

(1) (Reply)

Who Has Travelled To Canada Tru Belvic Global Ventures? / Please I Need Your Advice On My US Visit / Birthing In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.