Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,080 members, 7,811,020 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

Wande Coal, Don Jazzy And Shizzi – The ‘baby Face’ Controversy - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Wande Coal, Don Jazzy And Shizzi – The ‘baby Face’ Controversy (823 Views)

Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? / Download Baby Face By Wande Coal , Don Jazzy And Shizzi (all 3 Versions) / Shizzi On Alleged Stolen 'Baby Face' Song (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wande Coal, Don Jazzy And Shizzi – The ‘baby Face’ Controversy by entadaplace: 12:18pm On Nov 06, 2013
I must clearly state that i am not particularly sure if this is just a twitter fake up or reality because it is very hard to have foreseen this.

Don Jazzy has slammed former label mate Wande Coal for allegedly stealing one of his songs titled ‘Baby face’.

Wande Coal released a new single ‘Baby face’ under his Black Diamond Entertainment today yesterday, November 5, 2013 and shortly after Don Jazzy took to Twitter to make a quick rant not divulging details.

‘How long will i continue 2 sweat and some people will choose to steal from me. I am nice and easy going doesn’t mean u should disrespect me‘, Don Jazzy tweeted with the subject of the matter left in the dark.

It didn’t take long before he tweeted his own version of ‘Baby face’ explaining that he had recorded a studio demo about a year ago, going ahead to tweet a link to his own version describing Wande Coal’s action as INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY THEFT’.

Don Jazzy added ’I honestly expected y’all to come at me with me being childish. But enough is enough. even if i send my legal team on him una go complain 2.‘. ‘I can decide to shut him down with one call. but didnt. all i ask for is ‘give me my credit’ and nothing else‘.

Sources have told us that Wande Coal’s parting with Don Jazzy and his Mavin Records record label was filled with bitterness, betrayal and disloyalty. The current actions by both A-list artistes support the claims.

Wande Coal before now had formed a strong affiliation with producer Don Jazzy shortly after label Mo’Hits Records closed shop. Don Jazzy drafted his label mates – younger brother D’Prince, Dr SiD, Wande Coal and added a new face Tiwa Savage to launch his Mavin Records. But shortly after, there were stories of the label not being able to support the artistes.

On one occasion, Wande Coal was heard telling another artiste while in the UK that Don Jazzy did not have the financial capacity to carry the label. Less than a year after Mavin Records launched, Wande left the label setting up his Black Diamond Entertainment outfit taking along with him the MAVIN official disc jockey DJ Spinall.

Along with his manager Nana Abbey, Wande now operates on his own. We are told D’banj’s former manager John ‘Bankulli’ Abisagboola is also working with Wande Coal.

See Don Jazzy’s tweet:

Wande Coal has thrown hierarchy and what’s left of the respect he has for Don Jazzy out of the window by calling his former boss out, after the latter accused him of stealing his song ‘Baby face’. As reported earlier, Wande Coal released a new single ‘baby face‘ under his Black Diamond Entertainment label only for Don Jazzy to release a previously recorded version accusing Wande of intellectual property theft.

Well, Wande has also responded on Twitter accusing his former Mavin Records boss of not being ‘happy with his progress after serving him for 10 years’. It gets dirtier as Wande Coal accuses Don Jazzy of suffering from ‘twitter attention syndrome’.

‘It is with SAD heart i make this response. steal from you? i served for 10 years why are you not happy with my progress. you have my phone number, email address and my DM to communicate with me but you choose twitter attention syndrome. fter all these years of been loyal to you i can never believe you will ever say this to me. trying to bring me down on twitter‘.

He then caps it up with a bold statement ‘you are not GOD .. you can’t stop me‘.

Don Jazzy wasn’t quick to back down as he counter responded Wande Coal’s tweets;

‘Im glad u now know that there is a God. if i want to stop you, why would i do The Kick with you introducing black diamond? if i want to stop you why would i allow you release Rotate without my company credit. Why would i allow u perform around d world.’

For now, we aren’t sure if the case will go to court but Don Jazzy as hinted at the possibility. Sources however tell us that it might be a bit of a bother as none of the artistes who left Mo’hits Records inked a deal with Mavin. ‘It was all word of mouth‘, an insider in the Mavin camp tells us.

On Shizzi

Top music producer, Sheyi ‘Shizzi’ Akerele, Who happens to be a friend way back in South Africa before he relocated to Nigeria with Maye Hunter, who has now relocated to the USA.
He produced Wande Coal’s version of the controversial song ‘Baby Face’, which Don Jazzy says was stolen from him, has released a statement explaining his involvement in the whole issue. He mentions that he produced Wande’s hit song ‘Go Low’ which he never got credit for. – A close source to Shizzi wrote.

See Shizzi”s statement below…

I have heard and seen some folks rants about me stealing production credit for Wande Coal’s new single “Baby Face” and I would like to clarify this issue. I was only doing my job by making the beat for Wande and that’s what I did. I don’t see any reason why people should jump into quick conclusions without taking their time to really dig into the matter for facts.

Two years back, I remember I created a demo for Wande Coal’s “Shawty Go Low” and someone else took the credits. I was in shock because I had plans to finish the song with Wande and was hoping it would be released as a single which I produced. Here is the link to the original version of “Go Low

If i could read that well, Shizzi is saying he didn’t get the credit for Wande Coal’s “Go Low”, which was originally produced by him and later re-produced by Don Jazzy, while Don Jazzy is complaining of practically the same thing to but a different song.

SEE ALL PICTURES AND AND DOWNLOAD SHIZZI'S VERSION OF GO LOW HERE

(1) (Reply)

Music: Download Vector – The Police ( Prod. By Pheelz) / Waje – Onye Ft Tiwa Savage [video Download] / Nigerian Music Site Notjustok Launches Hulkshare Like Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.