Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

A Troubled Nairalander Needs Your Help, Please. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Troubled Nairalander Needs Your Help, Please. (785 Views)

I Need Your Help Please / Nigeria's Megachurches, Liberia And S/leon Needs Your Financial Help. / Pope Appoints Cardinal Onaiyekan Administrator Of Troubled Ahiara Diocese (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Troubled Nairalander Needs Your Help, Please. by Chuksemi(m): 3:16pm On Nov 06, 2013
First of all, I have tried to get answers to this questions about christianity all to no avail. I really dont want to do something un-reasonable. Here are the questions bothering me. 1> Is God really all-knowing? If he is, that means he knows what we will become, he knows our future. If thats the case, then we are programmed to become whatever we become in this world, we really dont have a choice as to what we are or who we will become. 2> what makes our african Gods bad? Why do we have to abandon our own Gods for the white man's God. When christ came, he came to isreal. God even called them his choosen people. Are we not just forcing our selves on the white man's God. What is the difference? 3> Sometimes, I am tempted to doubt the bible, the story of the tower of babel is an example of a faith wavering story. How could people build a house that will pass through the cloud and the sun and wherever till it gets to heaven? Even the story of the ark that survived the flood is still some how, a ship the size described in the bible made of only wood cannot survive on water for a day. 4> Did God really create the earth in six days? Or was it six thousand years. Since, I believe he was the one that told moses the story of adam and eve. He may have called it days, meanwhile we all know that a day to him is a thousand years to us. Please I need honest answers.
Re: A Troubled Nairalander Needs Your Help, Please. by Chuksemi(m): 3:19pm On Nov 06, 2013
Please endeavour to read through. I AM SORRY FOR THE LACK OF SPACING AND PARAGRAphs. I TRIED TO SPACE IT, BUT MY PHONE WOULDN'T LET it come to pass.
Re: A Troubled Nairalander Needs Your Help, Please. by ajayikayod: 4:02pm On Nov 06, 2013
Chuksemi: First of all, I have tried to get answers to this questions about christianity all to no avail. I really dont want to do something un-reasonable. Here are the questions bothering me. 1> Is God really all-knowing? If he is, that means he knows what we will become, he knows our future. If thats the case, then we are programmed to become whatever we become in this world, we really dont have a choice as to what we are or who we will become. 2> what makes our african Gods bad? Why do we have to abandon our own Gods for the white man's God. When christ came, he came to isreal. God even called them his choosen people. Are we not just forcing our selves on the white man's God. What is the difference? 3> Sometimes, I am tempted to doubt the bible, the story of the tower of babel is an example of a faith wavering story. How could people build a house that will pass through the cloud and the sun and wherever till it gets to heaven? Even the story of the ark that survived the flood is still some how, a ship the size described in the bible made of only wood cannot survive on water for a day. 4> Did God really create the earth in six days? Or was it six thousand years. Since, I believe he was the one that told moses the story of adam and eve. He may have called it days, meanwhile we all know that a day to him is a thousand years to us. Please I need honest answers.

Chuksemi,

I really love ur honesty and openess about ur feelings and tots on d scriptures. The Bible definately contain answers to all d questions u asked above and can be explained and known thru proper studies and insight.

But i will lik to giv u ds advice. From experience, i can tell u dt forum explanations on key tins in d bible ar not always productive and can be misleading also. U ll hav all sorts of response from various ppl who u definately cant filter/detect thr regards for d scriptures thru NL. U ll also hav intruders, unbelievers, derailers, abusers etc coming to hav a say. At d end it mit b more confusing than u expected.

It will b great if u can plan ur time wit some reliable & experienced believers on NL who can take u on ds questions on another online platform either (one to one chat) or face to face. I could b of help also if u choose to send me an Inmail on NL so as to schedule time together.

Finally, as a Christian, u should hav ds stand on every doubt about any passage of d scriptures, dt d Word of God is supreme and final. It is u dt need to find and understand by d help of d Spirit d revelations of such passage.

1 Like

Re: A Troubled Nairalander Needs Your Help, Please. by Chuksemi(m): 4:24pm On Nov 06, 2013
Ajayi, Thank you very much. I WILL SEND YOU A MAIL.
Re: A Troubled Nairalander Needs Your Help, Please. by ajayikayod: 9:35am On Nov 07, 2013
Chuksemi: Ajayi, Thank you very much. I WILL SEND YOU A MAIL.

Ok Bro. Expecting it.
Re: A Troubled Nairalander Needs Your Help, Please. by obialfa: 11:11am On Nov 07, 2013
op, you came here because you needed objective answers to questions that you were confused about. The best thing is to listen diverse points of views of people who have asked those same question, then make up your own mind. The last thing you need is another set of confusing responses especially from those who are the ardent proponents of the previous confusing tales.
Truth cannot be hidden. What are they afraid of that they cannot discuss in public? All these secret secret stuff has not gotten anybody anywhere.
If you really want answers here, say so but if you would rather go via secret pm to self aclaimed knowledgeable ones, go ahead.
Re: A Troubled Nairalander Needs Your Help, Please. by Chuksemi(m): 4:08pm On Nov 07, 2013
I need answers please.
Re: A Troubled Nairalander Needs Your Help, Please. by Chuksemi(m): 4:11pm On Nov 07, 2013
I am open to answers from anybody, anytime. I am not saying I am going to get answers from "secret pm" @obi.
Re: A Troubled Nairalander Needs Your Help, Please. by obialfa: 4:25pm On Nov 07, 2013
Chuksemi: I am open to answers from anybody, anytime. I am not saying I am going to get answers from "secret pm" @obi.

ok
Re: A Troubled Nairalander Needs Your Help, Please. by MonsieurCoder: 4:38pm On Nov 07, 2013
Chuksemi: I am open to answers from anybody, anytime. I am not saying I am going to get answers from "secret pm" @obi.

Have you tried the scientific explanations to those your questions, i mean, can you erase all those fairy tales you have in your head and accept something new? I am not forcing you to accept it, why don't you give it a try? if it makes no sense, you can drop it.
Re: A Troubled Nairalander Needs Your Help, Please. by MonsieurCoder: 4:40pm On Nov 07, 2013
ajayikayod:

Chuksemi,

I really love ur honesty and openess about ur feelings and tots on d scriptures. The Bible definately contain answers to all d questions u asked above and can be explained and known thru proper studies and insight.

But i will lik to giv u ds advice. From experience, i can tell u dt forum explanations on key tins in d bible ar not always productive and can be misleading also. U ll hav all sorts of response from various ppl who u definately cant filter/detect thr regards for d scriptures thru NL. U ll also hav intruders, unbelievers, derailers, abusers etc coming to hav a say. At d end it mit b more confusing than u expected.

It will b great if u can plan ur time wit some reliable & experienced believers on NL who can take u on ds questions on another online platform either (one to one chat) or face to face. I could b of help also if u choose to send me an Inmail on NL so as to schedule time together.

Finally, as a Christian, u should hav ds stand on every doubt about any passage of d scriptures, dt d Word of God is supreme and final. It is u dt need to find and understand by d help of d Spirit d revelations of such passage.

All this babble and not even an attempt to answer the any of the o.p. questions, yahweh would be proud of you.
Re: A Troubled Nairalander Needs Your Help, Please. by obialfa: 12:42am On Nov 08, 2013
Chuksemi: First of all, I have tried to get answers to this questions about christianity all to no avail. I really dont want to do something un-reasonable. Here are the questions bothering me. 1> Is God really all-knowing? If he is, that means he knows what we will become, he knows our future. If thats the case, then we are programmed to become whatever we become in this world, we really dont have a choice as to what we are or who we will become. 2> what makes our african Gods bad? Why do we have to abandon our own Gods for the white man's God. When christ came, he came to isreal. God even called them his choosen people. Are we not just forcing our selves on the white man's God. What is the difference? 3> Sometimes, I am tempted to doubt the bible, the story of the tower of babel is an example of a faith wavering story. How could people build a house that will pass through the cloud and the sun and wherever till it gets to heaven? Even the story of the ark that survived the flood is still some how, a ship the size described in the bible made of only wood cannot survive on water for a day. 4> Did God really create the earth in six days? Or was it six thousand years. Since, I believe he was the one that told moses the story of adam and eve. He may have called it days, meanwhile we all know that a day to him is a thousand years to us. Please I need honest answers.

Ok let me give you simple answers:
1. there is no god.
2. our African Gods are not bad. They have been labelled evil by the colonial conqueror and the slaves accepted.
3. i have never seen such a pile of bullshitte stack up on one book. The more I read the bible, the less I believed until I finished reading it and had a serious discussion with myself.
4. no. there's no god.
Re: A Troubled Nairalander Needs Your Help, Please. by Chuksemi(m): 7:47am On Nov 08, 2013
obi alfa:

1. there is no god.
2. our African Gods are not bad. They have been labelled evil by the colonial conqueror and the slaves accepted.
3. i have never seen such a pile of bullshitte stack up on one book. The more I read the bible, the less I believed until I finished reading it and had a serious discussion with myself.
4. no. there's no god.
Well, there are Gods. During the time our african Gods were worshiped, supernatural things happened. Even the white man's God performs supernatural things. I just think there is a misconception about this whole religious thing.
Re: A Troubled Nairalander Needs Your Help, Please. by MonsieurCoder: 9:13am On Nov 08, 2013
Chuksemi:
Well, there are Gods. During the time our african Gods were worshiped, supernatural things happened. Even the white man's God performs supernatural things. I just think there is a misconception about this whole religious thing.

Have you seen any of this supernatural things? Not hearsay,
Re: A Troubled Nairalander Needs Your Help, Please. by ajayikayod: 10:10am On Nov 08, 2013
MonsieurCoder:

All this babble and not even an attempt to answer the any of the o.p. questions, yahweh would be proud of you.

Thanks, i hope u r proud of urself too. Appreciate ur concerns.
Re: A Troubled Nairalander Needs Your Help, Please. by ajayikayod: 10:12am On Nov 08, 2013
obi alfa:

1. there is no god.

4. no. there's no god.

Mayb u really need to rethink ur No 1 and 2 becos they ar seriously in contradictions.
Why not just tell d Op who u serve.
Re: A Troubled Nairalander Needs Your Help, Please. by obialfa: 11:49am On Nov 08, 2013
ajayikayod:

Mayb u really need to rethink ur No 1 and 2 becos they ar seriously in contradictions.
Why not just tell d Op who u serve.

There is no contradiction. We had our own thing. African traditional gods which you can see. Then colonisers came with their own imagination of a god that doesn't exist. Somehow, fools like you abandoned the real visible gods for the inexistent one.

There is no god. All imaginations.
There are many african Gods that are visible.

And oh!, I am a very proud servant of Satan.
Re: A Troubled Nairalander Needs Your Help, Please. by obialfa: 11:50am On Nov 08, 2013
Chuksemi:

What do you mean by "supernatural things"?
Re: A Troubled Nairalander Needs Your Help, Please. by ajayikayod: 1:36pm On Nov 08, 2013
obi alfa:

There is no contradiction. We had our own thing. African traditional gods which you can see. Then colonisers came with their own imagination of a god that doesn't exist. Somehow, fools like you abandoned the real visible gods for the inexistent one.

There is no god. All imaginations.
There are many african Gods that are visible.

And oh!, I am a very proud servant of Satan.

Hmmm, visible gods? Lik wood. stones. I chose to be a fool to dt.

Thank u, i hold steadfastly to my savior (Jesus Christ). Do hold to urs too.
Re: A Troubled Nairalander Needs Your Help, Please. by Chuksemi(m): 4:13pm On Nov 08, 2013
Obi, yes. I HAVE EXPERIENCED SUPERNATURAL THINgs. Like ulcer healing, faith based. I have even had a miraculous payment of money due to me, after praying. Though, powers in high positions in the company tried to stop it from coming to pass.
Re: A Troubled Nairalander Needs Your Help, Please. by obialfa: 4:24pm On Nov 08, 2013
Chuksemi: Obi, yes. I HAVE EXPERIENCED SUPERNATURAL THINgs. Like ulcer healing, faith based. I have even had a miraculous payment of money due to me, after praying. Though, powers in high positions in the company tried to stop it from coming to pass.

Would you call chemical reactions supernatural?
People have been paying debts since barter began. doG has nothing to do with it.
Re: A Troubled Nairalander Needs Your Help, Please. by Chuksemi(m): 7:49pm On Nov 08, 2013
obi alfa:

Would you call chemical reactions supernatural?
People have been paying debts since barter began. doG has nothing to do with it.
You will not understand. Untill it happens to you.

1 Like

Re: A Troubled Nairalander Needs Your Help, Please. by obialfa: 8:57pm On Nov 08, 2013
Chuksemi: You will not understand. Untill it happens to you.

hehe. the usual cop out.

omni omni lost his prowess?
Re: A Troubled Nairalander Needs Your Help, Please. by ajayikayod: 10:22pm On Nov 08, 2013
Chuksemi: You will not understand. Untill it happens to you.

True talk. Until dt happened to him.

(1) (Reply)

Whatz The Difference Between Praying In The Church And Praying On The Mountain / Hijjab: The Truth Of Head Teacher & Muslim Community Crises In Ejigbo / No, Pope Francis Never Said Anything About Hellfire, Adam Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.