Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,892 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:43 PM

Nigeria Grants Citizenship To 174 Foreigners - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Grants Citizenship To 174 Foreigners (15962 Views)

Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail / Nigeria Grants 12 New Auto Assembly Plant Licences / Fg Grants Citizenship To 92 Foreigners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Grants Citizenship To 174 Foreigners by ceo4eva: 5:13pm On Nov 06, 2013
The Federal Government on Wednesday granted Nigerian citizenship to 174 foreigners.

Briefing journalists after the weekly meeting of the Executive Council of the Federation, FEC, chaired by President Goodluck Jonathan on Wednesday, the Minister of Interior, Abba Moro, said a breakdown of the applications submitted included those from 45 ‘Niger Wives’ (foreigners married to Nigerians), and 129 from persons that were born by naturalised Nigerians.

Mr. Moro said another 27 applications were rejected and were not approved by FEC because “they did not meet the basic requirements of tax payment and ability to live their lives in Nigeria without being economic burdens and security problems”.

“A series of factors were taken into consideration, but much more importantly the issue of security that have become very serious consideration especially when foreigners from countries that are prone to violence such as Lebanon and Syria apply to become Nigerian citizens,” the minister said.

The minister also criticised Nigerians who were losing faith in the country.

“We are in this country losing some level of faith in the viability of Nigeria, on the brightness of the future of Nigeria given the level of potential that we have in this country today by some Nigerians and cynics, especially opposition political parties or persons creating an impression that Nigeria is gravitating towards a failed state.

“Yet we have foreigners who have very serious economic interest in Nigeria who have lived in this country, some since independence who are eager to become Nigerian citizens by taking into consideration the economic viability and potential of Nigeria and hoping that their lives can better be lived in this country as Nigerian citizens than citizens of their countries,” he said.

Mr. Moro said the applicants were from diverse countries as Venezuela, Mexico, Thailand, South Korea, Cameroun, Syria, Lebanon, Greece, India, and Singapore.

According to a working document of the FEC, the Interior Minister had presented a memo to Council seeking approval for the report of the cabinet committee to review the recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Nigerian Citizenship (ACNC) for the grant of Nigerian citizenship to foreign applicants.

The council had inaugurated a seven-member committee to review the recommendations for the ACNC on the grant of the Nigerian citizenship. The committee then concluded its assignment with a report to council.

The EFCC also submitted its report on the 79 applicants referred to it in 2012; and recommended only 51 out of the 79 applicants for citizenship.
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/national/149191-nigeria-grants-citizenship-174-foreigners.html
Re: Nigeria Grants Citizenship To 174 Foreigners by blacksta(m): 5:22pm On Nov 06, 2013
Are they Mad shocked

Citizens of Nigeria grin

16 Likes

Re: Nigeria Grants Citizenship To 174 Foreigners by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 06, 2013
blacksta: Are they Mad shocked

Citizens of Nigeria grin

They realize the importance of belonging to a fast growing, promising economy like Nigeria, unlike you - a dummy with no sense.

45 Likes

Re: Nigeria Grants Citizenship To 174 Foreigners by MaJBlige(f): 5:27pm On Nov 06, 2013

Citizens of Nigeria grin

This statement shows some people dont have brains.

22 Likes

Re: Nigeria Grants Citizenship To 174 Foreigners by blacksta(m): 5:31pm On Nov 06, 2013
They must be people from Syria or war ravaged countries grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Grants Citizenship To 174 Foreigners by maurizjavah(m): 5:49pm On Nov 06, 2013
grin
Re: Nigeria Grants Citizenship To 174 Foreigners by Afam4eva(m): 5:51pm On Nov 06, 2013
They're granting citizenship to foreigners yet some Nigerians are not yet citizens of their own country.

18 Likes

Re: Nigeria Grants Citizenship To 174 Foreigners by WarriPikin1: 5:53pm On Nov 06, 2013
[size=14pt] Ok, congratulations to those new Nigerian citizens.

BUT, WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO DEPORT THE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS ALL OVER NIGERIA?
INDIA JUST ENACTED A LAW FOR POLICE TO STOP ANY BLACK PERSON(ESPECIALLY NIGERIANS) AND FRISK THEM TO THE AIRPORT FOR DEPORTATION IF THEY DON'T HAVE PAPERS ON THEM !

[/size]

[size=13pt]Yes, Nigerians are not proud of this country because no government agency do what taxpayers pay them to do. As for the ministry of interior, you need to go for training in other countries to see how they conduct surveillance and promptly remove any foreigner that is an economic saboteur or whose visa has expired.We always have a knee jerk response when countries target our citizens,we suddenly remember to start removing illegals from our country, then we stop after two days of work and the illegals will come back and re-occupy the job meant for Nigerians without any requisite papers.
When will my country implement our own immigration laws and remove illegal foreigners here.
Ofcourse many resemble "Oyibo," even the Indians, Pakistani,Chadians and Bangladeshi are all "Oyibo" to our people, so they are granted majestic treatment by the gullible Nigerians who imagine foreigners are nicer than Nigerians. Until they get to their homeland and see how vicious they treat Nigerians,they return and know that Nigeria needs to implement our own immigration laws.
[/size]

27 Likes

Re: Nigeria Grants Citizenship To 174 Foreigners by IVORY2009(m): 5:59pm On Nov 06, 2013
I am mexican, I want Nigeria citizenship...

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Grants Citizenship To 174 Foreigners by atlwireles: 6:01pm On Nov 06, 2013

Citizens of Nigeria grin

Spend a week at the airport, you will be surprised, with the influx of foreigners into this country.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Grants Citizenship To 174 Foreigners by Nobody: 6:15pm On Nov 06, 2013
OK! Good! If they are filling a form n get to State/LGA of Origin, which state will they use?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Grants Citizenship To 174 Foreigners by MaJBlige(f): 6:22pm On Nov 06, 2013
click2cbn: OK! Good! If they are filling a form n get to State/LGA of Origin, which state will they use?

Daft.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Grants Citizenship To 174 Foreigners by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 06, 2013
Ma_J_Blige:

Daft.
Blood of Jesus!!! I asked a simple question showing I want to know how it is/has been done n all u do is to call me DAFT? If all my teachers had called me or my questions daft I doubt if I will get to dis level I am now. I will just let it pass sha

36 Likes

Re: Nigeria Grants Citizenship To 174 Foreigners by destino24(m): 7:59pm On Nov 06, 2013
At least they rejected some people. issokay undecided undecided
Re: Nigeria Grants Citizenship To 174 Foreigners by destino24(m): 8:03pm On Nov 06, 2013
click2cbn: Blood of Jesus!!! I asked a simple question showing I want to know how it is/has been done n all u do is to call me DAFT? If all my teachers had called me or my questions daft I doubt if I will get to dis level I am now. I will just let it pass sha

grin cheesy
Re: Nigeria Grants Citizenship To 174 Foreigners by Godwinsilas(m): 9:17pm On Nov 06, 2013
click2cbn: OK! Good! If they are filling a form n get to State/LGA of Origin, which state will they use?
This term is associated with Nationalization "They must be accepted in the area where the will be domicile (that's is the area they've been living before)."
If such person lived in your town automatically he/she in now a member of your town/LG/State.
And as such can vote or be voted for, occupy Government offices, Unlimited businesses and works (compare to before must have work permit) move freely etc.
Hope you understand.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Grants Citizenship To 174 Foreigners by Nobody: 9:45pm On Nov 06, 2013
Godwinsilas:
This term is associated with Nationalization "They must be accepted in the area where the will be domicile (that's is the area they've been living before)."
If such person lived in your town automatically he/she in now a member of your town/LG/State.
And as such can vote or be voted for, occupy Government offices, Unlimited businesses and works (compare to before must have work permit) move freely etc.
Hope you understand.
cheesy. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Grants Citizenship To 174 Foreigners by tpia5: 10:44pm On Nov 06, 2013

Their husband's.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Grants Citizenship To 174 Foreigners by dasparrow: 11:07pm On Nov 06, 2013
IVORY2009: I am mexican, I want Nigeria citizenship...

Abeg, park well! angry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Grants Citizenship To 174 Foreigners by dasparrow: 11:08pm On Nov 06, 2013
Ma_J_Blige:

Daft.

Why the uncalled for insult? He asked a very good question and I was wondering too what LGA they will fill out.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Grants Citizenship To 174 Foreigners by dasparrow: 11:12pm On Nov 06, 2013
Warri _Pikin: [size=14pt] Ok, congratulations to those new Nigerian citizens.

BUT, WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO DEPORT THE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS ALL OVER NIGERIA?
INDIA JUST ENACTED A LAW FOR POLICE TO STOP ANY BLACK PERSON(ESPECIALLY NIGERIANS) AND FRISK THEM TO THE AIRPORT FOR DEPORTATION IF THEY DON'T HAVE PAPERS ON THEM !

[/size]

[size=13pt]Yes, Nigerians are not proud of this country because no government agency do what taxpayers pay them to do. As for the ministry of interior, you need to go for training in other countries to see how they conduct surveillance and promptly remove any foreigner that is an economic saboteur or whose visa has expired.We always have a knee jerk response when countries target our citizens,we suddenly remember to start removing illegals from our country, then we stop after two days of work and the illegals will come back and re-occupy the job meant for Nigerians without any requisite papers.
When will my country implement our own immigration laws and remove illegal foreigners here.
Ofcourse many resemble "Oyibo," even the Indians, Pakistani,Chadians and Bangladeshi are all "Oyibo" to our people, so they are granted majestic treatment by the gullible Nigerians who imagine foreigners are nicer than Nigerians. Until they get to their homeland and see how vicious they treat Nigerians,they return and know that Nigeria needs to implement our own immigration laws.
[/size]

I am still trying to understand what Nigerians are looking for in that over populated cow worshipping smelly country called india. If Nigerians insist on going abroad, why not to a developed country or almost developed country? Our people have no shame honestly. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Grants Citizenship To 174 Foreigners by jmoore(m): 11:41pm On Nov 06, 2013
Afam4eva: They're granting citizenship to foreigners yet some Nigerians are not yet citizens of their own country.
Who are the "some"?
Are you not a citizen of Nigeria?
Re: Nigeria Grants Citizenship To 174 Foreigners by nnocurruption: 3:07pm On Nov 07, 2013
Biggest joke of 2013 you gat to be kidding me Nigeria ?
people de grant citizenship Nigeria wan still grant their useless citizenship.
Na was oh so people still de when want make classify them as Nigerians.
Those people must be confuse I mean Nigeria a place ranked the worse place to be born in 2013,
Nigeria a place where there is no justice and human right,
Nigeria a place where thief are celebrated,
Nigeria the most divided nation in the world,
Nigeria where people die like chickens,
Nigeria a place where there is no freedom of speech,
Nigeria a place where there are no basic amenities,
Nigeria a nation that is on top when it comes to corruption/ scamming/starvation and all kind of rubbish
Nigeria a place where millions of people are trying to leave,
Nigeria a place where nothing is working absolutely nothing is working,
Chaaaaaaaaai na was for some people.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Grants Citizenship To 174 Foreigners by iamteaser: 3:13pm On Nov 07, 2013
This country is a big joke. I don't think anyone in his/her right senses will in any way want to be a Nigerian so I guess it's safe to say these people are mentally unstable. I've been looking for ways to renounce my citizenship, but some idiots here are applying to become one. Had I known won't be our portion IJN
Re: Nigeria Grants Citizenship To 174 Foreigners by Ayomax(m): 3:14pm On Nov 07, 2013
when i'm planning to sell my Nigeria citizenship undecided

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Grants Citizenship To 174 Foreigners by Swiftlee(m): 3:15pm On Nov 07, 2013
If citizinship is a property, many Nigerians would have sold thiers!

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Grants Citizenship To 174 Foreigners by Memyselfu2009(m): 3:15pm On Nov 07, 2013
This guys re funny them no see better country na 9ja them carry them self come hope say them get money if not they re doomed

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Grants Citizenship To 174 Foreigners by jossy501: 3:16pm On Nov 07, 2013
Y all are funny seriously especially the one that ask a question and the other say u are deft or mad something like that

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Grants Citizenship To 174 Foreigners by idsuzie(f): 3:22pm On Nov 07, 2013
grin grin grin
Swiftlee: If citizinship is a property, many Nigerians would have sold thiers!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Grants Citizenship To 174 Foreigners by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 07, 2013
i can understand for syrians but what does a south korean need a naija passport for? grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Grants Citizenship To 174 Foreigners by agrovick(m): 3:23pm On Nov 07, 2013
Ok na
Re: Nigeria Grants Citizenship To 174 Foreigners by Forwetinnah: 3:23pm On Nov 07, 2013
GEJ is working cheesy grin ..in his time even foreigners wanna belong

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Rated ‘World’s Most Lethal Terrorist Group’; Deadlier Than ISIS, Al-q / Buhari, APC Governors Shop For Team To Work With Oshiomhole / Here Is The Man That Caused Disunity Among Yoruba And Igbo People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.