Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,722 members, 7,809,748 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:13 PM

Canadian Study Permit - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Study Permit (4136 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Refused Canadian Study Permit And No Right To Appeal What Do I Do Pls Advise / The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canadian Study Permit by igbogolo: 10:00am On Jul 13, 2008
Hello people.

I would like to enquire from this forum if application for a canadian study permit is best made through their recognised representative(s) in Niggeria. I have read a lot especially from the CDHC website that applying through a representative would not affect the outcome of the application, but I doubt it.

Has anyone here gotten his permit applying by himself? Has anyone equally obtained his permit through an agency?
Can both parties please step foward with useful suggestions and experience(s).

Thanks
Re: Canadian Study Permit by Delta007(m): 1:19pm On Jul 13, 2008
igbogolo:

Hello people.

I would like to enquire from this forum if application for a canadian study permit is best made through their recognised representative(s) in Niggeria. I have read a lot especially from the CDHC website that applying through a representative would not affect the outcome of the application, but I doubt it.

Has anyone here gotten his permit applying by himself? Has anyone equally obtained his permit through an agency?
Can both parties please step foward with useful suggestions and experience(s).

Thanks
Apply by urself. You dont need any rep. Unless your brain is clogged up, the application form/process is very straight forward.
Re: Canadian Study Permit by igbogolo: 2:57pm On Jul 13, 2008
@ Delta 007

U missed the point.

Let me rephrase.

Is it likely that the CDHC will be more biased towards applications made through their representatives in Canada registered in Nigeria? Although the embasy said that using a representative wouldnt affect the decision for a visa, is that correct? I know of people that have gotten their visas through representatives.
I want to make up my mind if I should use a representative or to apply myself.
This has nothing to do with clogged brains or straight foward aplications. Im sure you know what I mean.
Re: Canadian Study Permit by Delta007(m): 4:58pm On Jul 13, 2008
igbogolo:

@ Delta 007

You missed the point.

Let me rephrase.

Is it likely that the CDHC will be more biased towards applications made through their representatives in Canada registered in Nigeria? Although the embasy said that using a representative wouldnt affect the decision for a visa, is that correct? I know of people that have gotten their visas through representatives.
I want to make up my mind if I should use a representative or to apply myself.
This has nothing to do with clogged brains or straight foward aplications. I'm sure you know what I mean.

I think you miss the point; the application process is VERY VERY VERY straightforward; so why will they (the Canadian Embassy) be biased towards a 3rd party that is using the process to earn a living? Does it make sense to u? It's not as if there's an exclusive info that is only privy to the "agents". It's the same information you read on the Canadian immigration websites, same forms, same documents, etc that they'd use. So unless they interpret the same info differently from the way you interpret it, how can the outcome be any different? This is where the "clogged up brain" phrase comes into play.

Let me put it this way; the Canadian immigration info is true. They cud care less if you went through Yaradua's agency. If you or your agent fail to submit an application that meets their requirements, you are wasting your time. The upside to using a GOOD agent is that they'd help you organize and "pre-screen" your application before it is submitted for a fee (obviously); A good agent is one that has read and fully understands the application process and knows what the consul is looking for in an application; however, there's no guarantee your application will be approved. Dont let any agent deceive you that they have an "insider" working in the embassy, blah blah blah. There are so many fraudulent "agents" in Nigeria that do not even know A from B; they promise you heaven and earth and smile to the bank at the end of the day. If you go thru some old threads in this forum today, you'd realise that there are a few "agents" on this site, just as confused as you are, asking same questions you will ask. Sometimes, you may even be more knowledgeable than they are but you end up paying them for nothing. My 2 kobo.
Re: Canadian Study Permit by igbogolo: 9:12am On Jul 14, 2008
@ Delta.

How come i received a mail from a famous UK school requesting I use a certain Rep in V.I to improve my chances of getting my students visa to the UK?
For instance flying with emirates will definetly make ur entry visa to Dubai easier. There are certain things the embassy will always put into consideration when they get application from a 'certain group' of representatives especially representatives registered in their home country with a good track record. I do not expect the embassy to come out plainly to admit this.
I am equally aware that its the visa officers discretion to grant visa

Thanks anyway for your observation. It will go a long way in helping me make up my mind

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Go About Medical Appointment With Iom For Canada Student Visa / About To Go To South Africa / Nigerians Living Or Studing In Tbilis Georgia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.