Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,596 members, 7,820,144 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Refused Canadian Study Permit And No Right To Appeal What Do I Do Pls Advise - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Refused Canadian Study Permit And No Right To Appeal What Do I Do Pls Advise (28783 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Refused Canadian Study Permit And No Right To Appeal What Do I Do Pls Advise by Tabon: 2:21pm On Feb 06, 2009
I have admission to study in canada with a scholarship.I  submitted my application 3 times and finally,what i received form the embassy was a refusal and said my appln is closed and do not have d right to appeal. what do i do since it might not b easy to get another scholarship.Has anybody got similar exp and what did you do to reverse it. The thing is that the embassy said they are not sure  i return to the country after the program.My fees have been paid in full by my sponsor.
Re: Refused Canadian Study Permit And No Right To Appeal What Do I Do Pls Advise by Delta007(m): 2:31pm On Feb 06, 2009
You probably werent able to prove that you have very strong ties to Nigeria, and you'd be coming back when you complete the program; Maybe you did but they werent satisfied. One thing alot of people do not realise is that getting a scholarship does not automatically give you an edge with the consulate. More often than not, it works against you unless you know how to "sell it". Too bad tho; perhaps you can contact the university and ask them if they can defer the admission/scholarship.

P.S. If the admission is for the session beginning in the Fall (Sept), it might not be a bad idea to re-apply since there is still time; If you do, make sure you beef up your application; however, whatever you do, do not give out any information that will contradict your previous application(s). Very important!

See https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-118823.0.html
Re: Refused Canadian Study Permit And No Right To Appeal What Do I Do Pls Advise by igbogolo: 9:31pm On Feb 06, 2009
@ Tabon
so sorry to hear about the refusal. you said you are on scholarship and then said your sponsor paid all your fees? who is your sponsor? i thought you said you are on scholarship?
i can also see you have been denied thrice. thats getting pretty messy.
are u a man or woman?
at this stage i would honestly advise you to stay away form that embassy. i ts either you stay away oy you go ahead and appeal. every refusal case has an appeal mechanism but most times they dont tell you.
what program did u want to do in canada? what caliber of university is that? does teh school run a january and sept program? if not please do not waste your time again waiting till nezt september. goelsewhere and get your education and u can always go to canada from there.
i have a friend that was a big boy in the bank that was denied visa. told him that he wont come back to naija. the guy just bought land and his wife was due in 3 months. all that he presented to the canadian embassy.
i find it difficult to let go of something i want and i suspect thats the same with you. but in the face of this 3rd rejection, please reconsider. dont let the canadian embassy put you on a tie.
search. check other places. my friends are even fleeing the us crying that there is nothing there for them.
my friends got fantastic jobs in qatar and saudi araibia and yemen. yes middle east something they never got in us and canada.
summary: right now they don dey carry u do yeye for that embassy. do not let then return that white rejection paper with terrible hand writing on you again the fourth time. biko!
Re: Refused Canadian Study Permit And No Right To Appeal What Do I Do Pls Advise by igbogolo: 9:33pm On Feb 06, 2009
@ Tabon
so sorry to hear about the refusal. you said you are on scholarship and then said your sponsor paid all your fees? who is your sponsor? i thought you said you are on scholarship?
i can also see you have been denied thrice. thats getting pretty messy.
are u a man or woman?
at this stage i would honestly advise you to stay away form that embassy. i ts either you stay away oy you go ahead and appeal.  every refusal case has an appeal mechanism but most times they dont tell you.
what program did u want to do in canada? what caliber of university is that? does teh school run a january and sept program? if not please do not waste your time again waiting till nezt september. goelsewhere and get your education and u can always go to canada from there.
i have a friend that was a big boy in the bank that was denied visa. told him that he wont come back to naija. the guy just bought land and his wife was due in 3 months. all that he presented to the canadian embassy.
i find it difficult to let go of something i want and i suspect thats the same with you. but in the face of this 3rd rejection, please reconsider. dont let the canadian embassy put you on a tie.
search. check other places. my friends are even fleeing the us crying that there is nothing there for them.
my friends got fantastic jobs in qatar and saudi araibia and yemen. yes middle east something they never got in us and canada.
summary: right now they don dey carry u do yeye for that embassy. do not let then return that white rejection paper with terrible hand writing on you again the fourth time. biko!
Re: Refused Canadian Study Permit And No Right To Appeal What Do I Do Pls Advise by Tabon: 12:27pm On Jul 08, 2009
Please advise me on what to do. I got admission to study abroad last year, BUT now, I have misplaced my original admission letter. pls tell me what to do as I want to apply for a study permit.
Re: Refused Canadian Study Permit And No Right To Appeal What Do I Do Pls Advise by MrCrackles(m): 12:29pm On Jul 08, 2009
Tabon:

Please advise me on what to do. I got admission to study abroad last year, BUT now, I have misplaced my original admission letter. pls tell me what to do as I want to apply for a study permit.

Common sense should tell you to contact the school and ask for a fresh admission letter!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Refused Canadian Study Permit And No Right To Appeal What Do I Do Pls Advise by igbogolo: 3:32pm On Jul 08, 2009
@ Tagbon

did i hear you say study permit. canada again? why?
why not go somewhere else? try sweden. try norway. try China! yes china! chinese companies are buying everyone and spreading like wildfire. they recruit rigorously from their schools.
be careful with this your canada runs oh before u ruin yourself.
all the best
Re: Refused Canadian Study Permit And No Right To Appeal What Do I Do Pls Advise by ayolove: 11:02am On Sep 27, 2009
hello
please i was just been refused by canadian embassy for study permit?reason {you are not satisfy dat u are a boni-fide student}.how can i fill in an appeal?
Re: Refused Canadian Study Permit And No Right To Appeal What Do I Do Pls Advise by MIKKY0091(m): 1:45pm On May 01, 2010
it has been up to 3 months that i submitted my application for study permit @ canadian embassy lagos and i have been called to conduct a medical test after the second week of submission but till then i have'nt heard anything from them and the school i applied to is going to resume in the next one and half week,so i will like to ask from my fellow naira land that what did u all think i can do about it,because i'm getting confuse?and is it sure that they are going to give me the visa if my medical test is good?and i hope that they have not forgotten about my application?please my fellow naira land,i want you all to advice me on what to do and please answer to all my questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!thanks you all,
Re: Refused Canadian Study Permit And No Right To Appeal What Do I Do Pls Advise by tareola(m): 9:53am On Oct 28, 2010
go back again to d canadian embassy,they wl definately grant u d students visa/permit ok!
Re: Refused Canadian Study Permit And No Right To Appeal What Do I Do Pls Advise by chizquare: 1:24pm On Mar 31, 2011
hello
i am a 29 yr old medical doctor married to a 25 yr old nurse. i have an offer of a masters program (MPH) in U of S in SK, Canada.
i am preparing to apply for a study permit. however i intend taking my wife along. my sponsor is in order( cousin with same surname), i have a job that pays over 2m per annum. my wife takes about a third of that. we both have verifiable letters of references stating that our jobs will be available upon return. every other routine document is available. i have a good travel history---been to the UK for studies and i have a 2yrs UK visiting visa currently on my passport.

please advice me on this with this high denial rate.

any adds or subtraction

1 Like

Re: Refused Canadian Study Permit And No Right To Appeal What Do I Do Pls Advise by dellnet: 4:33am On Apr 01, 2011
chizquare:

hello
i am a 29 yr old medical doctor married to a 25 yr old nurse. i have an offer of a masters program (MPH) in U of S in SK, Canada.
i am preparing to apply for a study permit. however i intend taking my wife along. my sponsor is in order( cousin with same surname), i have a job that pays over 2m per annum. my wife takes about a third of that. we both have verifiable letters of references stating that our jobs will be available upon return. every other routine document is available. i have a good travel history---been to the UK for studies and i have a 2yrs UK visiting visa currently on my passport.

please advice me on this with this high denial rate.

any adds or subtraction

Doctors could make up to that amount per annum in Canadian Dollars. So the first thought that may blow through the visa officer's mind is "if you are offered a job in Canada will you reject it in favor of your job in Nigeria?"

1 Like

Re: Refused Canadian Study Permit And No Right To Appeal What Do I Do Pls Advise by chizquare: 5:15pm On Apr 01, 2011
dell_net
what are the possible out comes of applying to take a spouse along
Re: Refused Canadian Study Permit And No Right To Appeal What Do I Do Pls Advise by worry246(m): 5:22pm On Apr 01, 2011
If you are a qualified medical Dr why are you undertaking a lower qualification?
This is a question you will be asked.
What will you be studying and how will it benefit you.
Re: Refused Canadian Study Permit And No Right To Appeal What Do I Do Pls Advise by chizquare: 5:30pm On Apr 01, 2011
worry246
the MPH program (master of public health) is not a lower qualification. that what get you into oil companies , organizations like WHO,, etc. it has a lot of benefit
Re: Refused Canadian Study Permit And No Right To Appeal What Do I Do Pls Advise by worry246(m): 5:59pm On Apr 01, 2011
Ok understand now.
You could apply a skilled migrant but I believe this takes years.
Re: Refused Canadian Study Permit And No Right To Appeal What Do I Do Pls Advise by chizquare: 6:09pm On Apr 01, 2011
i know all about that. what i need now are tips from people who have the experience in applying for a study permit in the Canadian deputy high commission
Re: Refused Canadian Study Permit And No Right To Appeal What Do I Do Pls Advise by dellnet: 6:51pm On Apr 01, 2011
chizquare:

dell_net
what are the possible out comes of applying to take a spouse along
It all narrows down to how you support your application and convince the officer.
Re: Refused Canadian Study Permit And No Right To Appeal What Do I Do Pls Advise by kenny33: 5:04pm On May 13, 2011
ibu007 you should have know all this before you got the admission letter, www.cic.gc.ca
Re: Refused Canadian Study Permit And No Right To Appeal What Do I Do Pls Advise by kenny33: 1:42pm On May 14, 2011
ibu7 i dont know mush about this traveling stuff, i myself is trying to find a way to settle with my partner in uk, if you need further advise ask people you know or go to the canada websites
Re: Refused Canadian Study Permit And No Right To Appeal What Do I Do Pls Advise by tetecious: 6:35am On May 28, 2011
chizquare:

i know all about that. what i need now are tips from people who have the experience in applying for a study permit in the Canadian deputy high commissi

@ chizsquare, this is how u go abt it. drop ur wife off the application cos if she's in ur application u give the immigration offr dt u v got no ties with ur home country.
Also ur sponsor should not be any relative, if it's not your parents or spouse. if your sponsor is helping out he can give u d funds for u to remitt into your own acct cos the immigration offr. would wonder why a Married man who is a medical practitioner is being sponsored by a relative. As a Dr. how long have u worked so it can be a savings stuff. Dnt know if u v submitted ur application, i know u stll have end of may or first week of june as submission deadline.
Re: Refused Canadian Study Permit And No Right To Appeal What Do I Do Pls Advise by chizquare: 12:26pm On Jun 25, 2011
@tetecious

submitted May 6.haven't heard from them. dropped my wife as people advised me too. dont agree with you about the sponsor thing. seriously brother how many applicant can use their parent. i know guys who used church members and got their visa. every other person i know is using one family friend or d other. i graduated april 2010 so u c there's no way i can sponsor my self
Re: Refused Canadian Study Permit And No Right To Appeal What Do I Do Pls Advise by tetecious: 12:25am On Jun 26, 2011
@ Chizsqure no problems if that suits u better, jst ensure dt dz who tld u dy used relatives applied to CDHC and not us and uk embassies, jst hinting u 4rm xperience and like dy say in medicine n life, there's no absolute. if u submitted 6th may, u cn hear 4rm dm any time from now , deadline is 90days from ur submission date which should be around first week of august. which course n school did u apply for/to? D very best bruv!
Re: Refused Canadian Study Permit And No Right To Appeal What Do I Do Pls Advise by chizquare: 1:18am On Jun 26, 2011
@tetecious
master of public health, university of Saskatchewan. my colleague used his uncle and was called for medicals last week monday. we applied same day. u cant decipher these CDHC people.
na God hand e day now.
Re: Refused Canadian Study Permit And No Right To Appeal What Do I Do Pls Advise by tetecious: 6:08am On Jun 26, 2011
@ Chizquare, He's lucky, jst like u said wn u cnt decipher someone u try n rule out d known likely triggers and leave d unknown ones. got a couple of guys @ U of S. it's kul! wish u d best n get ready 4 d cold.
Re: Refused Canadian Study Permit And No Right To Appeal What Do I Do Pls Advise by chizquare: 8:59am On Jun 27, 2011
@tetecious

thanks bro.please can u hook me up with those guys coz i need to know wats up with SK as per off campus accommodation and other stuff.
Re: Refused Canadian Study Permit And No Right To Appeal What Do I Do Pls Advise by Aiwehia: 11:00am On Oct 17, 2011
Hi peeps, i'm new here, i find your topic and reply quite educating. Pls i submitted my application for study permit on Aug, 24 or thereabout. I haven't heard from CDHC since then. I am to resume in Jan 2012. Anyone with similar experience? Pls help!
Re: Refused Canadian Study Permit And No Right To Appeal What Do I Do Pls Advise by LAPALEMONDE: 2:24pm On Sep 11, 2015
how often do the cic grant study permit to Nigerians applying from outside Nigeria and is it better to apply under a one year post-graduate certification, after having bsc.
Will THAT Boost ny cchances
Re: Refused Canadian Study Permit And No Right To Appeal What Do I Do Pls Advise by mfl148: 2:47am On Sep 13, 2015
please bro if u got something good doing at home don't make the mistake of coming to Canada. If u are com!ng to hustle fine . and expect starting from scratch

1 Like

Re: Refused Canadian Study Permit And No Right To Appeal What Do I Do Pls Advise by moneybag100: 2:27pm On Sep 13, 2015
mfl148:
please bro if u got something good doing at home don't make the mistake of coming to Canada. If u are com!ng to hustle fine . and expect starting from scratch
Why you say this bro?
Re: Refused Canadian Study Permit And No Right To Appeal What Do I Do Pls Advise by Bruno123: 9:06am On Sep 12, 2017
Dear Sir, 

My friend applied for a study permit but was denied on the following grounds: 
That I haven't convinced them that I will return after my studies considering these below:
1) Travel history 
2) purpose of visit.

Travel history: It's true that my friend hasn't travelled outside Nigeria before. What other evidence can he show to cover travel history ?

Purpose of visit: my friend intend going for a Bachelor of Management as a second degree, then further my studies till PhD in Management. He provided documents like undergraduate degree, NYSC certificate, statement for interest assuring that he will leave Canada at the end of his program. What other cover letter or document does he need to buttress his point? 
Do I need to consult an immigration lawyer?

Please kindly assist me.

Regards,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Helicopter Crashes In Sokoto State / Travelling From Nigeria To Niger Republic / My Funny Experience At Passport Office In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.