Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,132 members, 7,953,494 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:23 PM

Pope Francis Embraces Disfigured Man(Pictures) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Embraces Disfigured Man(Pictures) (34878 Views)

This Is A Convince Reason Why She Embraces Islam / Pastor TB Joshua As A Humble Young Man (Pictures) / US Christian-Jewish Actor, Director Sean Stone Embraces Islam In Iran (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope Francis Embraces Disfigured Man(Pictures) by Kennyroy24(f): 12:53pm On Nov 07, 2013
New pictures of Pope Francis embracing and comforting a severely disfigured man have gone viral on the internet.

Last Wednesday, the leader of the world’s 1.3billion Catholics was greeting pilgrims following his weekly public audience when the man covered in neuronal tumors approached him, asking for a blessing.
The man suffers from a rare and painful disease called neurofibromatosis, which causes boils, impaired vision and in some cases cancer.
Patients suffering from the ailment, which is genetic and not contagious - are often shunned by society because of their appearance.

People were amazed when Pope Francis instead, kissed the man on the face and blessed him with the sign of the cross.
He was photographed with his eyes tightly shut in prayer for the man.

18 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Embraces Disfigured Man(Pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 12:55pm On Nov 07, 2013
How many pastors of today will agree to touch a man with glaring disease on his body. Our perfume wearing pastors will rather distribute handkerchiefs and anointing oil.

76 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Embraces Disfigured Man(Pictures) by Kennyroy24(f): 12:58pm On Nov 07, 2013
Afam4eva: How many pastors of today will agree to touch a man with glaring disease on his body. Our perfume wearing pastors will rather distribute handkerchief and anointing oil.

yes oh you are right jare.. his is just a kindhearted man

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Embraces Disfigured Man(Pictures) by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 07, 2013
embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Embraces Disfigured Man(Pictures) by WHees(m): 1:12pm On Nov 07, 2013
Was the man healed? I didn't see that in the news.

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Embraces Disfigured Man(Pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 1:13pm On Nov 07, 2013
WHξξ∟s:
Must he be healed immediately. We should commend the gesture and not whether or not he was healed.

14 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Embraces Disfigured Man(Pictures) by WHees(m): 1:23pm On Nov 07, 2013
Afam4eva:
Must he be healed immediately.

When your book say you can do greater miracles than christ
, an instant healing to a neurofibromatosis patient is not a big deal

Afam4eva: We should commend the gesture and not whether or not he was healed.

What was the popes motive in the first place? A gimmick to make the sheep commend his gesture?

5 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Embraces Disfigured Man(Pictures) by Dannylux: 1:25pm On Nov 07, 2013
The damn sickness is genetic, not fair cry God save us embarassed

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Embraces Disfigured Man(Pictures) by Kennyroy24(f): 1:35pm On Nov 07, 2013
Afam4eva:
Must he be healed immediately. We should commend the gesture and not whether or not he was healed.

hmmmm his gesture first bro
Re: Pope Francis Embraces Disfigured Man(Pictures) by Zikdik(m): 3:53pm On Nov 07, 2013
Dannylux: The damn sickness is genetic, not fair cry God save us embarassed
God created everything; including the gene factor responsible for that condition. Question is, why?
Re: Pope Francis Embraces Disfigured Man(Pictures) by Kennyroy24(f): 3:55pm On Nov 07, 2013
Zikdik:
God created everything; including the gene factor responsible for that condition. Question is, why?

big question that we have to find an answer to man
Re: Pope Francis Embraces Disfigured Man(Pictures) by hurricaneChris: 4:09pm On Nov 07, 2013
Saw d footage on tv, I felt like "wow"

Can I even do this? It requires special grace to what this Pope does.

*saying hail Mary + the Lord's prayer for the Pope's intention*

13 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Embraces Disfigured Man(Pictures) by Kennyroy24(f): 4:49pm On Nov 07, 2013
hurricaneChris: Saw d footage on tv, I felt like "wow"

Can I even do this? It requires special grace to what this Pope does.

*saying hail Mary + the Lord's prayer for the Pope's intention*

true talk ni
Re: Pope Francis Embraces Disfigured Man(Pictures) by Joagbaje(m): 9:40pm On Nov 07, 2013
Afam4eva: How many pastors of today will agree to touch a man with glaring disease on his body.

Is he healed? Is not by empty touching.

Our perfume wearing pastors will rather distribute handkerchiefs and anointing oil.

At least they cure the sick.

7 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Embraces Disfigured Man(Pictures) by Joagbaje(m): 9:43pm On Nov 07, 2013
WHξξ∟s:

Good question . Godliness is not by laying empty hand on empty head. It's by demonstration of power of christ through healing . Anybody can touch . Nurses of better in dressing wounds

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Embraces Disfigured Man(Pictures) by Kennyroy24(f): 9:44pm On Nov 07, 2013
Joagbaje:

Good question . Godliness is not by laying empty hand on empty head. It's by demonstration of power of christ through healing . Anybody can touch . Nurses of better in dressing wounds

how? there are touches that involves the spirit of God man.
Re: Pope Francis Embraces Disfigured Man(Pictures) by Joagbaje(m): 9:56pm On Nov 07, 2013
Kennyroy24:

how? there are touches that involves the spirit of God man.

Did pope heal the man or it's just show of piety. If that's the case it's empty publicity . The pastors you are condemning and criticizing are busy healing sick people. Before you criticise or condemn others you should have something better to offer.

4 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Embraces Disfigured Man(Pictures) by Kennyroy24(f): 10:38pm On Nov 07, 2013
Joagbaje:

Did pope heal the man or it's just show of piety. If that's the case it's empty publicity . The pastors you are condemning and criticizing are busy healing sick people. Before you criticise or condemn others you should have something better to offer.

True talk

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Embraces Disfigured Man(Pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 10:47pm On Nov 07, 2013
Joagbaje:

Is he healed? Is not by empty touching.

At least they cure the sick.
God cures the sick and not the pastors. Is the gesture that's most important to me. This is definition of selflessness and love for the common man. The Pastors in Nigeria are only interested in fleecing the poor of the poor on the alter of private jet and neglecting the tenets of Christianity which includes love.

43 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Embraces Disfigured Man(Pictures) by tobechi74: 11:21pm On Nov 07, 2013
I dear pastor adeboye to touch a leprocy patient

6 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Embraces Disfigured Man(Pictures) by Joagbaje(m): 6:12am On Nov 08, 2013
Afam4eva:
God cures the sick and not the pastors.

Firstly a pastor or christian can heal the sick or cast out devils . It's a command Ftom God.

See the instruction Jesus gave.

Matthew 10:8
Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils:freely ye have received, freely give.

Did the pope cast out the devil ?

Bring the man over to Nigeria and see how the devils get cast out by the ministers you are criticizing .

Is the gesture that's most important to me. This is definition of selflessness and love for the common man.

That's catholic style . Laying empty hands on empty head it's not bible.

Besides pastors do lay hands on sick . Except if they are many. You heal the sick by laying hands and you drive out devils by command . It's not every sick case that requires hand laying . Jesus didn't lay hands on every body.

I don't have any problem if you pope is busy taking photos with leepers , that's his business . But don't use is to judge others because that's not Jesus command . HEAL THE SICK , CAST OUT DEVILS.

The Pastors in Nigeria are only interested in fleecing the poor of the poor on the alter of private jet and neglecting the tenets of Christianity which includes love.

Does your pope fly commercial plane? They even have to custom build a special bullet proof car for him, what's the name again? Popecade or something . Whatever.

I don't have problem with your rejoicing over public photograph . It's good pope packaging . But if you want to criticise others by using your photograph as standard for Christianity Think twice . Ministers do touch when such need arise but it's a touch for cure.

11 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Embraces Disfigured Man(Pictures) by SalC: 9:31am On Nov 08, 2013
Joagbaje:

Firstly a pastor or christian can heal the sick or cast out devils . It's a command Ftom God.

Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils:freely ye have received, freely give.

Bring the man over to Nigeria and see how the devils get cast out by the ministers you are criticizing .

Besides pastors do lay hands on sick . Except if they are many. You heal the sick by laying hands and you drive out devils by command . It's not every sick case that requires hand laying . Jesus didn't lay hands on every body.

I don't have any problem if you pope is busy taking photos with leepers , that's his business . But don't use is to judge others because that's not Jesus command . HEAL THE SICK , CAST OUT DEVILS.

Does your pope fly commercial plane? They even have to custom build a special bullet proof car for him, what's the name again? Popecade or something . Whatever.

I don't have problem with your rejoicing over public photograph . It's good pope packaging . But if you want to criticise others by using your photograph as standard for Christianity Think twice . Ministers do touch when such need arise but it's a touch for cure.
Empty bragging by those who stage fake healing shows.
We know better, a man who is sick has finnally been tagged demon possesed.

7 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Embraces Disfigured Man(Pictures) by Kennyroy24(f): 9:57am On Nov 08, 2013
Sal C: Empty bragging by those stage fake healing shows.

na waoh
Re: Pope Francis Embraces Disfigured Man(Pictures) by Gombs(m): 10:00am On Nov 08, 2013
Joagbaje:

Don't mind them....later they say only today Pastors has body guards and that Jesus didnt (and I ask them why was peter, james and john always with him? Na dem holy pass or na dem get sense pass? Why was peter with a sword?Was he a butcher or sumarai or agbero?)..but they don't know the pope has SPECIAL ARMED FORCE TRAINED IN SWITZERLAND. ..his is not even a normal body guard, it is a military...

Folks surprise me with their ignorance sha.....and hey! I am not criticizing the pope of romam Catholic s
Re: Pope Francis Embraces Disfigured Man(Pictures) by Gombs(m): 10:05am On Nov 08, 2013
Afam4eva:
God cures the sick and not the pastors pope. Is the gesture that's most important to me. This is definition of selflessness and love for the common man. The Pastors in Nigeria are only interested in fleecing the poor of the poor on the alter of private jet and neglecting the tenets of Christianity which includes love.

Fixed...true healing is from God through whoever believes in Christ
See how biased u could be? angry
Re: Pope Francis Embraces Disfigured Man(Pictures) by Gombs(m): 10:09am On Nov 08, 2013
Sal C: Empty bragging by those stage fake healing shows.

My dear, abeg na who dey bring sickness? shocked

A. Angels
B. Demons
C. I dont know

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Embraces Disfigured Man(Pictures) by Kennyroy24(f): 10:10am On Nov 08, 2013
for me I guess this pope is really different for all others.. this is how we as humans are suppose to act not pretending. have your own niche...

http://www.omobar..com
Re: Pope Francis Embraces Disfigured Man(Pictures) by Gombs(m): 10:14am On Nov 08, 2013
Kennyroy24: for me I guess this pope is really different for all others.. this is how we as humans are suppose to act not pretending. have your own niche...

http://www.omobar..com

Wont visit u blog o....even if it is not yours
Post anything u have here. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Embraces Disfigured Man(Pictures) by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 08, 2013
Gombs:

Don't mind them....later they say only today Pastors has body guards and that Jesus didnt (and I ask them why was peter, james and john always with him? Na dem holy pass or na dem get sense pass? Why was peter with a sword?Was he a butcher or sumarai or agbero?)..but they don't know the pope has SPECIAL ARMED FORCE TRAINED IN SWITZERLAND. ..his is not even a normal body guard, it is a military...

Folks surprise me with their ignorance sha.....and hey! I am not criticizing the pope of romam Catholic s

I am nt against the catholic church but the funny thing about most people is that all this is publicity stunt without them knowing..at the end the man was not healed...people here amazed at what the pope did are funny to me..why? Becos what the pope did by touching the sickman is what various nurses and doctors have being doing since even more yet they were nt amazed by that...SMH..

Click here to see some amazing facts about popes, catholic church and the vatican.. www.nairaland.com/1507330/amazing-facts-pope-roman-catholic
Re: Pope Francis Embraces Disfigured Man(Pictures) by Kennyroy24(f): 10:35am On Nov 08, 2013
joel lala:

I am nt against the catholic church but the funny thing about most people is that all this is publicity stunt without them knowing..at the end the man was not healed...people here amazed at what the pope did are funny to me..why? Becos what the pope did by touching the sickman is what various nurses and doctors have being doing since even more yet they were nt amazed by that...SMH..

Click here to see some amazing facts about popes, catholic church and the vatican.. www.nairaland.com/1507330/amazing-facts-pope-roman-catholic

true talk bro
Re: Pope Francis Embraces Disfigured Man(Pictures) by Kennyroy24(f): 10:36am On Nov 08, 2013
me I just dey observe ni...heaven matter no be by mouth oh
Re: Pope Francis Embraces Disfigured Man(Pictures) by Gombs(m): 10:37am On Nov 08, 2013
joel lala:

I am nt against the catholic church but the funny thing about most people is that all this is publicity stunt without them knowing..at the end the man was not healed...people here amazed at what the pope did are funny to me..why? [size=32pt] Becos what the pope did by touching the sickman is what various nurses and doctors have being doing since even more yet they were nt amazed by that...SMH.. [/size]

grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Christmas In My Area (Photos) / Daddy Freeze To Stephanie Otobo: "Tell Us The Politicians That Paid You" / Native Doctor Claims A Family Member Is Responsible For Death Of 6 Kids In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.