Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,858 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

ASUU Strike Latest Report - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike Latest Report (1457 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU Strike Latest News: ASUU Demands N1.5tr To End Strike / Aasu Call Off Strike Latest News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Strike Latest Report by valigil: 6:36pm On Nov 07, 2013
The union had however, insisted that it wanted N350 billion in 2014 and N400 billion annually for the next four years.

A labour leader who was privy to the details of the meeting between President Goodluck Jonathan and the National Executives of ASUU told Thisday yesterday it would be in the best interest of the union to accept the proposal.

“Once you meet the president of a country, where else do you want to go? Who else do you want to meet with? The leadership of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) and Trade Union Congress (TUC) were present at that meeting. If we cannot find an exit, then we are in serious trouble.

“You cannot leave a strike open-ended, it will backfire seriously. If the government had started the ‘no work, no pay’ policy as soon as it was obvious that ASUU was bent on prolonging the strike, the strike would have been over by now. It would have broken the ranks of the members,” the source said.

The source added that although labour leaders are of the opinion that the government holds the major part of the blame for the strike, they (labour leaders) also think that ASUU has overdone it.

“If after all these, ASUU remains adamant, then it would be obvious that they have a political agenda. It may also be an ego thing for ASUU NEC who realise that ASUU has been known to be a union that strives on holding governments to ransom,” the source added.

For more info and entertainment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FJ0Gqy9fTI
Re: ASUU Strike Latest Report by ayewosa(m): 6:43pm On Nov 07, 2013
ASUU will be very foolish not to accept the offer. Where else do u want to turn to? selfish set of people.
Re: ASUU Strike Latest Report by valigil: 6:45pm On Nov 07, 2013
ayewosa: ASUU will be very foolish not to accept the offer. Where else do u want to turn to? selfish set of people.
Na Obama dem go turn to na
Re: ASUU Strike Latest Report by Marvyx(m): 7:19pm On Nov 07, 2013
What the? ASUU better b joking..FG shuld beta tink of usin planB..#FORCEFUL OPENING OF UNIVERSITIES#
Re: ASUU Strike Latest Report by valigil: 7:32pm On Nov 07, 2013
Marvyx: What the? ASUU better b joking..FG shuld beta tink of usin planB..#FORCEFUL OPENING OF UNIVERSITIES#
as good as ur idea may sound, it will backfire causing students fees to be increased which is now the trend after each strike
Re: ASUU Strike Latest Report by fabby26(m): 8:12pm On Nov 07, 2013
Abeg make dis strike enter next year Feb, I want to do 2nd internship(I.T), since the 1st one paid and is about to end for the 6 months
Re: ASUU Strike Latest Report by valigil: 11:23am On Nov 08, 2013
fabby26: Abeg make dis strike enter next year Feb, I want to do 2nd internship(I.T), since the 1st one paid and is about to end for the 6 months

Febuary? me i wan make the strike end 2017 lwkmd

(1) (Reply)

Admitted Both By OAU And UI For The Same Engineering Course / How To Crack Synology Test- Gurus Help!!! / Some Things Can`t Be Express In English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.