Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,372 members, 7,819,341 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

ROCK BOTTOM - A 6 Minute Movie By A Nairalander - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / ROCK BOTTOM - A 6 Minute Movie By A Nairalander (5773 Views)

New 2015 Movie By Two Nairalanders - Dyoungstar & Umanu / ONIKOLA Movie By Funmi Fiberesima: An Exposé On Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) / 'Amazing Grace': The Movie By Jeta Amata (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ROCK BOTTOM - A 6 Minute Movie By A Nairalander by skybimpa: 6:47pm On Nov 07, 2013
Hello Everyone, My name is Maryann. I'm a theatre Arts student at the University of Ibadan. I'm an Acting Major.

I made this movie during the ASUU break together with some of my friends, its called ROCK BOTTOM.

Enjoy and learn!
[youtube]v=pDQgkTWP7[youtube/]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDQgkTWP7bI&feature=youtu.be

1 Like

Re: ROCK BOTTOM - A 6 Minute Movie By A Nairalander by prof800(m): 7:03pm On Nov 07, 2013
No title for your story?

EDIT: Oh so its called ROCK BOTTOM.
Nice!
Re: ROCK BOTTOM - A 6 Minute Movie By A Nairalander by sammyyoung2(m): 7:18pm On Nov 07, 2013
Ogbeni.......u can do better jare
Re: ROCK BOTTOM - A 6 Minute Movie By A Nairalander by skybimpa: 7:25pm On Nov 07, 2013
prof800: No title for your story?
Edited.
Re: ROCK BOTTOM - A 6 Minute Movie By A Nairalander by Nobody: 7:35pm On Nov 07, 2013
Nice. :-)
Re: ROCK BOTTOM - A 6 Minute Movie By A Nairalander by sholay2011(m): 8:37pm On Nov 07, 2013
At least, this is a very good use of the ASUU strike.

@OP...You try jare. But since the strike doesn't show any sign of being called off, hope you've started shooting a feature length movie wiv ur friends

1 Like

Re: ROCK BOTTOM - A 6 Minute Movie By A Nairalander by AbuMikey(m): 9:01pm On Nov 07, 2013

Okay,lemme watch and the make a reasonable comment. smiley

Re: ROCK BOTTOM - A 6 Minute Movie By A Nairalander by VillageBoi(m): 11:08pm On Nov 07, 2013
skybimpa: Hello Everyone, My name is Maryann. I'm a theatre Arts student at the University of Ibadan. I'm an Acting Major. I made this movie during the ASUU break together with some of my friends, its called Rock Bottom. Enjoy and learn!

Well done Maryann. Really nice to see you and your friends did something during the break. Not bad as a 'theatre' actress. Keep it up.
Re: ROCK BOTTOM - A 6 Minute Movie By A Nairalander by VillageBoi(m): 11:09pm On Nov 07, 2013
sammy.young:
Ogbeni.......u can do better jare

Chillax bro, she's still a student and she used her spare time very wisely. You nko? Wetin you do?
Re: ROCK BOTTOM - A 6 Minute Movie By A Nairalander by Nobody: 7:53am On Nov 08, 2013
That poor baby tho, saw you you making out . Overacting sha..
Re: ROCK BOTTOM - A 6 Minute Movie By A Nairalander by VillageBoi(m): 9:06am On Nov 08, 2013
mayapop: Overacting sha..
Yes o, na 'stage' acting be that, hopefully they will learn 'acting for the camera' which is far, far more subtle than that.

OP - You may want to read and contribute to this thread - https://www.nairaland.com/1173052/on-stage-versus-on-screen-acting
Re: ROCK BOTTOM - A 6 Minute Movie By A Nairalander by sholay2011(m): 10:52am On Nov 08, 2013
^^^^^ Nice contribution bro. I dislike watching 'stage acting' on screen. I prefer seeing it live which I believe it's made for anyway.

And yes I agree, on-screen acting is more subtle...no need for overdramatizing since the camera can pick emotions from the face and other subtle mannerisms unlike stage where you have to rely on theatrics to keep the audience interested.
Re: ROCK BOTTOM - A 6 Minute Movie By A Nairalander by VillageBoi(m): 12:48pm On Nov 08, 2013
sholay2011: ^^^^^ Nice contribution bro. I dislike watching 'stage acting' on screen. I prefer seeing it live which I believe it's made for anyway.

And yes I agree, on-screen acting is more subtle...no need for overdramatizing since the camera can pick emotions from the face and other subtle mannerisms unlike stage where you have to rely on theatrics to keep the audience interested.

You are right and you know say normaly I would knock something like this film BUT I took into consideration the fact that it is made by inexperienced students studying a completely different form of acting, they made this by just gathering a few friends together, in their spare time during a strike - I have to give them kudos for the effort.
The first few things many students make are normally rubbish; including the first few things I ever made. But it is a start. I bet they did learn a few things making this film - number one being it's not as easy as they thought wink
So considering who I think they are I guess encouragement is the best way... this time.
Re: ROCK BOTTOM - A 6 Minute Movie By A Nairalander by sholay2011(m): 2:33pm On Nov 08, 2013
^^^^^ Lol....nice one. I already knew you didn't want to critique this due to the nature of it. No be the Villageboi I know? grin I just pray I see you one day so I can return all those constructive criticisms you've given here which has helped not only me a lot with a handshake blow!! tongue grin grin

I really think it's hightime on-screen acting is taught alongside stage since there is no course yet like on-screen arts in our universities.

And I had to click on that link you provided the OP with and I still gained from the thread....especially where you said we Nigerians are 'naturally' stage actors...we tend to be overdramatic in our everyday lives which translates into overacting on-screen. Lol.
Re: ROCK BOTTOM - A 6 Minute Movie By A Nairalander by prof800(m): 5:26pm On Nov 08, 2013
@OP..
What someone is trying to say here is that your acting is very commendable and that you can only get better.
But there is difference between 'onscreen' acting and 'stage' acting.
So you should not 'over-act' like you do in stageplays when you want to act a film/movie.
Not many thespians know this.
Do NOT act a movie like you act a stageplay!
The Editing was cool also for a student work.
Kudos.

1 Like

Re: ROCK BOTTOM - A 6 Minute Movie By A Nairalander by VillageBoi(m): 6:39pm On Nov 08, 2013
sholay2011:
And I had to click on that link you provided the OP with and I still gained from the thread....especially where you said we Nigerians are 'naturally' stage actors...we tend to be overdramatic in our everyday lives which translates into overacting on-screen. Lol.

Lol, na you start that thread nah grin
Re: ROCK BOTTOM - A 6 Minute Movie By A Nairalander by skybimpa: 1:10pm On Nov 09, 2013
prof800: @OP..
What someone is trying to say here is that your acting is very commendable and that you can only get better.
But there is difference between 'onscreen' acting and 'stage' acting.
So you should not 'over-act' like you do in stageplays when you want to act a film/movie.
Not many thespians know this.
Do NOT act a movie like you act a stageplay!
The Editing was cool also for a student work.
Kudos.
thanks so much 4 your comments. This is my 1st time. Now I know better, so the next one I will do, I will make sure I take all uv said in2 consideration to produce a better film that won't be stagy. Please don't stop commenting cos that's what will help me to be better. Thanks so much

2 Likes

Re: ROCK BOTTOM - A 6 Minute Movie By A Nairalander by skybimpa: 1:18pm On Nov 09, 2013
VillageBoi:
Yes o, na 'stage' acting be that, hopefully they will learn 'acting for the camera' which is far, far more subtle than that.

OP - You may want to read and contribute to this thread - https://www.nairaland.com/1173052/on-stage-versus-on-screen-acting
thanks so much 4 dis. Read it nd av really really learnt a lot 4rm it. Sure it will help me get better on screen.

3 Likes

Re: ROCK BOTTOM - A 6 Minute Movie By A Nairalander by VillageBoi(m): 10:14pm On Nov 09, 2013
skybimpa: thanks so much 4 dis. Read it nd av really really learnt a lot 4rm it. Sure it will help me get better on screen.

You're welcome. Just remember the 'lens' picks up everything. In theatre you are 'acting' to include the people at the very back hence BIG exaggerations... so not needed or done in film because the 'lens' is the 'audience'. Good luck with everything.

Was this short film converted from a stageplay? Just asking because the 'dialogue' is theatre dialogue.
Re: ROCK BOTTOM - A 6 Minute Movie By A Nairalander by skybimpa: 11:10am On Nov 10, 2013
VillageBoi:

You're welcome. Just remember the 'lens' picks up everything. In theatre you are 'acting' to include the people at the very back hence BIG exaggerations... so not needed or done in film because the 'lens' is the 'audience'. Good luck with everything.

Was this short film converted from a stageplay? Just asking because the 'dialogue' is theatre dialogue.
no it wasn't converted from a stage play. At first, I wanted it to b just a monologue. it was later I changed my mind nd changed it 2 a short film. The person that wrote d script is also a thespian.I wldnt mind, if I could get a gud film maker that I can alwez been on his set just 2 watch him work so I will b able 2 learn more and improve my acting skills.
Re: ROCK BOTTOM - A 6 Minute Movie By A Nairalander by prof800(m): 12:51pm On Nov 10, 2013
The dialogue still has this 'theatre' kind of feel...
And you delivered the lines in that direction (the theatre way). So it's obvious that you are better at stage acting than at onscreen acting but more practice and exposure will make you soar in both. wink
Re: ROCK BOTTOM - A 6 Minute Movie By A Nairalander by skybimpa: 3:22pm On Nov 10, 2013
prof800: The dialogue still has this 'theatre' kind of feel...
And you delivered the lines in that direction (the theatre way). So it's obvious that you are better at stage acting than at onscreen acting but more practice and exposure will make you soar in both. wink
.yes! And that is because am so used to stage acting. I need exposure onscreen acting and I pray God gives me that opportunity 2 be perfect in both. Pls don't stop giving ur comments... Its really going to help me.

2 Likes

Re: ROCK BOTTOM - A 6 Minute Movie By A Nairalander by skybimpa: 11:23am On Nov 13, 2013
Thank You all for your support so far. Thanks for watchng my video... Pls keep watching nd drop your comments. Thanks God blee you all.
Re: ROCK BOTTOM - A 6 Minute Movie By A Nairalander by OgaTheTop2: 1:26pm On Nov 13, 2013
Nice stage acting!

Btw, A pastor kept some chickens in the church premises and one day a co.ck got missing, so on Sunday he got on the pulpit and asked "Who has a co.ck?"..All the men got up!!!! "I mean who has seen a co.ck?" All the females got up! "I mean who has seen a co.ck that is not theirs?" 95% of the women got up!!!.... "Will u people stop this? He screamed! Who has seen my co.ck?!" The whole choir stood up! His wife fainted!

sad
Re: ROCK BOTTOM - A 6 Minute Movie By A Nairalander by kambili999(f): 1:28pm On Nov 13, 2013
rock bumbum... Oops sowi rock bottom. :-Xrock bumbum... Oops sowi rock bottom.
Re: ROCK BOTTOM - A 6 Minute Movie By A Nairalander by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 13, 2013
Nice one dear..keep it up....
skybimpa: Hello Everyone, My name is Maryann. I'm a theatre Arts student at the University of Ibadan. I'm an Acting Major.

I made this movie during the ASUU break together with some of my friends, its called ROCK BOTTOM.

Enjoy and learn!
[youtube]v=pDQgkTWP7[youtube/]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDQgkTWP7bI&feature=youtu.be
Re: ROCK BOTTOM - A 6 Minute Movie By A Nairalander by Victosin09(f): 1:31pm On Nov 13, 2013
Will check it out
Re: ROCK BOTTOM - A 6 Minute Movie By A Nairalander by NSNA: 1:36pm On Nov 13, 2013
watched it to the end, good writing, editing and acting..
Re: ROCK BOTTOM - A 6 Minute Movie By A Nairalander by xclusive43(m): 1:41pm On Nov 13, 2013
ma watch finish fess....
Re: ROCK BOTTOM - A 6 Minute Movie By A Nairalander by Gistwitherico(m): 1:42pm On Nov 13, 2013
hey... i taught this was comedy! I don't have tears to give 4 this thing oh...
Re: ROCK BOTTOM - A 6 Minute Movie By A Nairalander by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 13, 2013
nice movie i like it
Re: ROCK BOTTOM - A 6 Minute Movie By A Nairalander by OmolodMilkman93(m): 1:58pm On Nov 13, 2013
not bad

(1) (2) (Reply)

Download Prison Break Season 5 Episode 8 – Progeny / Alvin And The Chipmunks: The Road Chip (2015) Full Movie Download / What's D Most Scariest Movie U've Ever Watched?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.