Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,304 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

A LOVE STORY: "The Striker's Night" - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A LOVE STORY: "The Striker's Night" (1825 Views)

Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor / Take Me As I Am - A Love Story / My Complicated Love Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A LOVE STORY: "The Striker's Night" by temmie013(f): 9:30pm On Nov 07, 2013
THE STRIKER'S NIGHT
.... tale of one luv, tears, passion, test, bitterness, blood and one dreadful night.....

She turned her eyes and met his gaze, she could read it clearly that he was angry and she knew she had pissed the only love of her life. This same issue had always been the bone of contention in their love stuck relationship. He had told her countless times to keep a distance from Pedrol and the other guys of which she had promised to...

She didn't know what to say to him, she was so engulfed and intoxicated by his love and had sworn to stop at nothing to keep the flame of love burning but with Pedrol it seemed really hard.

Earlier when she was with Pedrol and the other guys, they where gisting and mimicking Mr Kuduns the Chemistry 302 lecturer with a bald head. The man was always silly and babling in the class. He had touched Tosin's breast trying to demonstrate the part of the body called 'breast'. Tosin was really mad at him that she almost gave him a slap, all the students had burst into laughter and the lecture hall was in chaos. Mr Kunduns was ashamed of himself as he was disgraced of out the class.

They where moving towards a popular bar on campus known as 'belle', since lecture was over. It was at that time Kunle had sighted her.

Now, I beg your indulgence to come with me as we ride to the love planet of kunle and Funmi, as we ride to this beautiful city of the lovers let's know what kunle looked liked. Well, he was an handsome young guy of 26, an introvert, tall and huge with a broad shoulders, fairly dark in complexion and had a pointed nose, neat and had a good sense of fashion. He was indeed the kind of man every woman wanted. He was a ladies man!

Funmi on the other hand was of an average height, an extrovert, light skinned with a spotless and immaculate skin, well shaped and curvly hips, and her breast where of a moderate size, she was 23, and a perfect epitome of beauty. Her beauty endeared her to many guys, kunle was not always comfortable with how guys hovered around her but there was nothing he could do, he can't stop loving her.

As we keep sourjourning into the love island of this two blissful people worthy of jealousy and the dream of everyone in that campus, l tell you, the worst thing they could ever do was falling out of love for each other.
Re: A LOVE STORY: "The Striker's Night" by temmie013(f): 9:35pm On Nov 07, 2013
kunle had been burning inside of him as he walked briskly towards them and she could see how sad he was, but truly Funmi couldn't do a thing like that, she never cheated on him, not with the man she loves so much, her first love and the one who taught her how to be a woman.

Kunle looked straight into the eyes of the woman he loved as he stood before them at 'belle'. Pedrol turned to see why Funmi had been silent, he had been gisting with the others, Onome, kings and Remi, so engrossed in the conversation that he didn't take notice of the lovers. He stretched his hand for a shake with kunle but kunle waived with a word, 'hi', without looking at him. He's gaze was still on Funmi, he wrapped his hands around her palms, she was speechless and they both walked out of 'belle.'

Pedrol was bitter, he hated kunle whom to him had snatched Funmi off his hands. He had wanted to date Funmi but she refused, she told him Kunle was the source of her happiness and that she even worships the ground upon which he steps. Pedrol turned to Onome, "If nor be for Funmi I for done treat that yoruba guy Bleep up for this campus". "Yea, the guy too dey pompous, he's playing with the lion" Remi stuttered. Onome just kept gazing with a plan in his heart, he hated Kunle first because he keeps to himself and hates it when they come around his girlfriend.

Kunle held Funmi so passionately like he was going to loose her if he left her for a second. They had sat under a tree in one of the block benches close to the administrative office at their Zeon campus. He pleaded that she never leave him and that Pedrol is a known cultist on campus, she flashed her perfect teeth looking straight into his eyes and then wrapped her arms around his shoulders as he allowed himself relax in her arms.
Funmi looked him in the face and cooed, "Kunle honey! Jealous baby, but you know Pedrol is actually a family friend, I told you I and Pedrol where childhood friends, he can't hurt me or you". Kunle smiled and noded his head, "baby but you still have to be careful with him".

It was friday mourning, Funmi walked into the lecture hall and headed for Pedrol, he had been pondering on what happened a day before and complained vehemently to Remi. She gave him a friendly embrace, held his hands and as she sat beside his desk she looked at him straight in his eyes. She turned to Remi and gave him a hand shake and then to Pedrol she said: "Pedrol, why this sad face now...cheer up guy and am sorry bout yesterday". He turned to her with great passion: "Funmi but you know I love you".
Funmi stood up like the chair was on fire, "please stop that Pedrol, we've said this countless time that we can't date so forget all that trashy gist, let's keep on as friends that we are".
Onome walked into the lecture hall and greeted, funmi with a warm embrace. Funmi looked at the guys one after the other in a mischevious manner, " can you guys play a trick tonight? I just wanna test how much Kunle loves me. All I need you do is act like killers with a gun, toy guns of course, and tell him you where sent to kill me. I just wanna see how much Kunle loves me and if he can die in my place".
Re: A LOVE STORY: "The Striker's Night" by temmie013(f): 9:44pm On Nov 07, 2013
The guys where perplexed, Onome and Remi looked at themselves and bursted into laugher "what a joke!", Remi turned to her, "which kind joke be that now, you know trust your man abi and by the way which modern man go die for ordinary woman". Funmi looked up and flashed a smile on her face, "he's my man, let's play the game on him".

Pedrol had it all in his heart, an opportunity to strike! The man who snatched Funmi off his hands. He and Funmi had attended the same primary and secondary school, both parents where friends and he thought they too can start a love affair but he was too late to speak, Funmi had met Kunle and loved him first before Pedrol could say jack! He conceived inside mischef and with a deadly smile he said "I know wot to do" .

Friday night, at about 8pm, it was dark,it was a night for lovers, the room light was switched off, and the gentle breeze escaped through the opened windows, they had lighted red candles and had drank a glass of red wine. They where singing to themselves and confessed how much they felt. kunle recited some of the love poems composed by Dayo, a known female writer in their campus that always got them thrilled with her write up's. As they sat on the bed and Kunle confessed how much he cherished his sweet dear Funmi and that inspite of the strides orchestrated by intruders, he will do anything for her even if it meant a spill of his blood, he loved her beyound words!

Kunle was an engineering student in his final year already and had few weeks towards his final exams, he was rilly gonna miss her and that's one reason he asked her to come spend the night with him in his room.

He pulled out a stony ornament from his side pocket,fell to his kneels and placed it on her middle finger..wow! it was a beautiful gold ring. "Funmi would you marry me", he cooed. Funmi just couldn't believe this was happening, "I will and I will love you till eternity" with tears in both faces they kissed like two starving animals, wrapping his hands around her waist he pulled her softly to the bed and they gently made love like never before.

10pm.... they where still lying on the bed, they clinged to themselves all through the night. They where really gonna miss themselves since kunle would be graduating soon but Funmi was still a medical student in her year three. It was a very quiet night and it began to rain heavily, he stood up to gently lock the windows not wanting to disturb his angel's sleep. He looked at her and imagined the bright future ahead living in an exclusive world, just the two of them.
Re: A LOVE STORY: "The Striker's Night" by VickieZion(f): 9:45pm On Nov 07, 2013
nyc story...kip it up

1 Like

Re: A LOVE STORY: "The Striker's Night" by temmie013(f): 9:47pm On Nov 07, 2013
At 11:15pm kunle was still awake, he could hardly sleep he just kept starring at his wife to be whom he had just proposed to some hours back. He kissed her on her forehead and then she opened her eyes with a smile on her perfect face. Her beauty glowed like the stars in the night, he admired her more as he looked in her face with a smile, he was about to speak and then she placed her finger on his lips...

She place her head on his bare chest, it was an intimate hour. It was 12:35pm, a knock came in, it was as loud as thunder and kunle was afraid. Funmi already knew who was there, she wished she never tried a game on kunle, she had seen how much he loved her that very night, not that other nights together wasn't so passionate but that very night was different and she could no longer doubt his love for her. The knock was getting louder and Kunle was getting nervous, she acted like she was afraid but inside of her burnt with regrets.
How was kunle gonna feel after this test, was he ever gonna forgive her, were they just gonna joke over it? All these questions kept ringing in her head and lastly inside of her asked this question, "what on earth was I thinking?"

The voices outside was horrible and the smell of danger was so intense..."I wil break this door and kill you both if you don't open this door!"

He ordered Funmi to the bathroom so she could find a place to hide and be safe, the knock at the door and the threats got louder that he had to open the door immediately...

Behold the treators, the masked men came in fully armed...Funmi ran out of the bathroom immediately and one of the 'visitors' placed a gun straight towards her. The whole events began to look like something else, it seemed these guys where on a serious deadly mission.

One of the voices turned to Kunle "I'm here to claim a life, I'm a killer, sent on a bloody mission, I will kill you or your girl friend". Kunle was so confused and tried pleading as tears rolled down his eyes, he begged that they take his life in place of hers.. Funmi also could not bear this anymore, "Pedrol, let this game be over please seems you are taking it so far", One of the masked men was mad at her words, it seemed the game's secret had been unveiled by her words and Kunle had known who they where so they pulled off their mask angrily.
Re: A LOVE STORY: "The Striker's Night" by temmie013(f): 9:50pm On Nov 07, 2013
The killer pulled the trigger and got him down!

He fell helpless before her own eyes, it was red...He tried speaking but all that he could say sofly admist tears was, "Funmi you planned my death?"

No one believed this.. was it actually a mistake? Was kunle truly dead? What's gonna happen to Funmi, Pedrol, Onome and Remi?

Watch out and get the answers to all these questions in the next episode of this fiction "THE STRIKERS NIGTH" by Dayo Adegbite
Re: A LOVE STORY: "The Striker's Night" by temmie013(f): 9:53pm On Nov 07, 2013
Hello dear, thanks for reading this love fiction of mine. I promise to bring to you the concluding story soon...

EPISODE 2 of "The Striker's Night"
COMING SOON!!!
Re: A LOVE STORY: "The Striker's Night" by Nobody: 9:45am On Nov 08, 2013
Please i need more....and dont let it take long cos i'm FOLLOWING!!!!!of all romantic nights kunle had to die....
Re: A LOVE STORY: "The Striker's Night" by evagolden(f): 1:12pm On Nov 08, 2013
nice story, keep it coming. Definitely following.
Re: A LOVE STORY: "The Striker's Night" by temmie013(f): 5:56pm On Nov 09, 2013
Awww thanks girls cheesy here is a continuation of the story...

"I love her so much which she knew
I gave her care like boxes of ice
I showered her kisses like raindrops
Yes, thought she knew I did

I told her how much I felt
Behold the strikers night
When love turned her back to stab me
In her quest to test my feelings

Tears flow within me
Love turned me around
The night was dark
It was weird and passionate

A night of love and passion
A night of blood and tears
Behold that striker's night
When love got me to hell!!"

Funmi heard the sound of his voice paving through the thick dark forest. It was so intense, she didn't know if she was still on earth, her vision was blurr and she found her movement restricted. Tears flowed down her eyes as she tried to hold herself together.

"Dust we came and dust we shall return", that very voice woke her to the reality that she had lost the one she loves so much in a quest to test his love. It was the voice of the priest which later accompained with the voice of mourners. Mrs Adeseun broke down like a branch of orange tree which had fallen before the earth, the crowd tried to console and hold her least she injure herself. She wanted to die and be buried alongside her only child, kunle.

Funmi couldn't control herself any more as she left tears break free, then the voice of kunle kept ringing through her head again, she was shaking. The images of the incident kept flashing through her...the hospital where he gave up his ghost, that very strikers night when he had been shot, the engagement ring and passionate hours they had together. All these kept flashing through her that she was almost loosing her thoughts, now she really had to trace where the voice was coming from..
Re: A LOVE STORY: "The Striker's Night" by temmie013(f): 5:58pm On Nov 09, 2013
She walked slowing towards the thick dark bush as the mourners continued wailing endlessly. What came to her was regrets, she wished she had the power to turn back the hands of time but now she cried more that the deed had been done and she was never going to see her own kunle again, he was dead now... She wished she could see him just one more time to say a word, " am sorry" but it was just too late.
Vegeance! That keep ringing in her. The culprits must face the law, he would do anything to make Pedrol and the others riot in jail.

Has she paved way through the dark bush with all those thoughts within her, she look straight to the right only to see pedrol pointing her gun at her and the next sound was the shot..

The sound of the gun woke her up, she was sweating profusing on her sexy pink satin lingerie as fear creep through her. Her eyes scanned through the dark room hoping there was no other in that room. She looked at kunle who was still sleeping innocently as she quckly hugged him tightly, the damned tears in her eyes finally broke down. "Oh my kunle", she touched him sofly now and tried to feel his heart beat then she breathed relieve. So it was only a dream she said to herself, placed her hand on her chest and gave herself a little breath of relieve.

The next line of action was her problem, she didn't know if the dream would become a reality because she is always known for her dreams, she never had one without it been fulfilled.

Now she hurried up from the bed and looked through the dark window, it was a freightening night but what keep her more puzzled was the sound of a foot step. She jumped on kunle as the sound of a knock at the door was heard, it sounded like the one in the dream.. Seems the hour has come for the dream to be fulfilled, this time she would do anything to protect her man.

She couldn't bear to have the only man who stirred up her heart die like that, she didn't mind dying in his place this time.

"Please dear, wake up", she called him impatiently. He woke up sluggishly, "what...who?" Ha we woke up, he saw the tears in those charming face and the fear within her though he didn't understand, he just had to play along with her.. She held him tight and got his jacket. "They wan..want, to kill us" she stammered. "But where are we going to now", he stuttered, " I don't know but we have to leave here right away", She said this with a more intense tears flowing through her, the knock on the door was more now and a voice which sounded like Ore's said "kunle, open this door!"
Re: A LOVE STORY: "The Striker's Night" by temmie013(f): 6:04pm On Nov 09, 2013
The lovers bolted out through the cubic window and paved way through the dark blush...they didn't have an ideal of where they were going but they had sensed danger.

As they paved through the bush it looked like one or more people were after them. They grace through the trees running for their life..the next thing of a sound of bullet. Seems it was indeed a strikers night!

The administrative block was surrounded by police inspectors, wailing students and staffs. It had been a bad day because 2 students had been found killed by unknown criminals, students suspected it must be cult boys on campus.
The Vice Chancellor shook his big flat head in dismay "what is this world turning into, the youth of this generation is a disgrace to humanity". He was a tall dark man with a carefully grommed curly hair. He continued with is deep husky voice, "just some months ago it was 4 students, now this innocent ones..if I find who this criminals are I will personally take the law into my hands", he walked out into his office with sincere pain in his heart.

Funmi and kunle had both escaped to Ore's apartment that mourning. It was located at Beon campus while their's was Zeon. It was a bit far. Ore was Kunle's best and only friend. They had been friends since childhood, though their campuses was a bit far they still maintained their friendship.

Early, the lovers had spent the rest of the night in the bush leaning against a tree, that night Funmi still didn't disclose what was fishing. She had lied she heard voices saying they are out on a deadly mission to kill through the window and these of which she had dreamt. Kunle couldn't believe the entire tale but kept mute. He kissed her to calm down and then wore her his jacket to keep her warm.

The most breathtaking news they heard in the mourning when they had arrived was that Ore had died a night before and the police men says Kunle is a prime suspect because Ore was found lyin in a pool of blood at the front of his apartment and when investigation went on it was told Kunle and Ore had a fight earlier that day and Kunle has threatened to harm Ore. The lovers looked at themselves "seems everything is getting more complicated" and now they had to be on the run!

Funmi broke down into tears, what's all these happening just within few hours, the test, the dream, the reality and also what's next...
Re: A LOVE STORY: "The Striker's Night" by temmie013(f): 8:13pm On Nov 12, 2013
Where they going to keep running forever and what will be the next turn of events. She just couldn't tell Kunle what she knew about the incident but she knew one way to help Kunle is open up to the police. She looked him in the face and could see him really worried. She bursted out with endless tears as he assured her placing his hands on her shoulders, "but let's leave here", he said.

Funmi sensed Pedrol in this game and she made up her mind to comfront him this time. He was the beast behind the mystery death of Ore but why would he do such she marvelled!!
Re: A LOVE STORY: "The Striker's Night" by temmie013(f): 8:16pm On Nov 12, 2013
Seems it was indeed a planned work. Kunle and Funmi both walked towards the gate in a quest to escape but he could not but keep pondering within him why all these unfavourable incidences are all over him. He had lost Ore, is best friend, his life is also on the front line and yet the Nigeria police who refuses to make adequate investigation is acusing him for the murder of Ore.
It was just a few steps out of Ore's apartment, as they moved they they had three men on uniform standing before them. One quickly rushed down to interrogate kunle and got him nick. He was speachless...

It hited her flat on the face, she shrugged and said, "I have to act fast". She rushed home to pick up her phone, the room was in a mess and she knew someone had come in there maybe a night before. She couldn't even find her phone with legs shaking like electricity she rushed down to Dami's residence to make some calls. Everything seemed not working perfectly because she had knocked the door countless times without a single utterance from even the reptiles around the visinity.
Re: A LOVE STORY: "The Striker's Night" by temmie013(f): 8:18pm On Nov 12, 2013
All she needed right away was look into Pedrol's eyes and comfront him. She wished she could just see him and strangle him as she groaned in anguish. Sitting beside Dami's front yard she couldn't understand what was going on, she accused herself of been the architect of the bad occurences; Ore's death and Kunle's arrest and she planned on seeing Pedrol by all means because indeed there was a lot of scores to settle and hidden missions yet unveiled.

Pedrol lauhghed sacrasitically as he moved towards Funmi, standing before him with tears flowing through her eyes, she saw those deadly and wicked smiles in his face, she was more bitter. Landing on his right chick was a thunderous slap, funmi gave him that! It seems he had to get serious this time around. With a stern look on his face, "you will still be mine no matter what and that Kunle will riot in jail".. They both kept there eyes fixed on themselves and speachless until funmi eventually escaped into thin air.

Funmi was marvelling about what next to do, she had to act very fast! Now she knew how Kunle was going to react afterwards was of no relevance, all she needed was his safety.

A few hours after all manner of restlessly she had to see the love of her life in jail and explain the entire incident that lead to the series of sad occurences. This time she was not going to mind how he or anyone would react. All that matters is his safety.

She pulled off her short maxist glown and threw it over the bed. Leaving her with only her underwears she rushed into the wardrope to pick a pair of trouser and a T-shirt. She didn't even have time to look into the mirror or even brush her hair, her eyes had been swollen from tears. She hurriedly picked up a bike and headed straight to the station. On getting there she asked one of the men that she needed to speak with kunle, when she got closer she couldn't look in his face and say she what she had wanted to he had been brutalised. Looking weak and pale, she touched his chin and with her watery eyes she said "kunle am so sorry, I kept you in this mess".
Re: A LOVE STORY: "The Striker's Night" by temmie013(f): 8:19pm On Nov 12, 2013
A red jeep moved into the station, coming out was a tall dark and beautiful plumpy woman, Mrs Adeseun. She was furiously walking into the station with her lawyer barrister Oyewole over the case. How on earth would her easy going and innocent son be acussed of such, murder for that matter. They had to get to the root of this. The woman was known as an iron lady and no taker of nonesense.

As Funmi walked heading towards the DPO's office she had stumbled on someone. The woman looked at her in disgust and confronted her to speak out, amidst tears as she reluctantly explained her part of the story. Mrs Adeseun was mad at her, she grabbed funmi as if she was about to eat her up.

The story has just began!!
Bringing to you soon the final saga!!!
Re: A LOVE STORY: "The Striker's Night" by temmie013(f): 8:23pm On Nov 12, 2013
Hello dear, this is for the first part of this fiction titled "The Striker's Night".

I beg to hear your critism or appraisal, all is welcome. I want to know my flaws and also my strengths so please kindly post your comments while we wait for the final story..thanks guys!
Re: A LOVE STORY: "The Striker's Night" by Youngzicco(m): 10:44pm On Nov 12, 2013
:PTemmie, seriously ur write-up is ok. ....Just suggesting# if u can make it more Longer.
Re: A LOVE STORY: "The Striker's Night" by Youngzicco(m): 10:45pm On Nov 12, 2013
tongue Temmie, seriously ur write-up is ok. ....Just suggesting# if u can make it more Longer.
Re: A LOVE STORY: "The Striker's Night" by temmie013(f): 11:10pm On Nov 12, 2013
Youngzicco: tongue Temmie, seriously ur write-up is ok. ....Just suggesting# if u can make it more Longer.

Kul and thanks 2 buh wot do u mean by it longer, or u mean d story 1 ie is short? Thnks all d same 4 ur post cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Mirages And Mirrors.... / Adventures Of Big T (by Osusu Talks) / Laughing Kidney

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.