Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,149 members, 7,821,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget - Art, Graphics & Video (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget (64716 Views)

Beautiful Pictures Of The Sky (Taken In Nigeria) / Best Ghost Pictures Ever Taken / Powerful Photos That Tell A Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by BitchBikozienu: 11:23am On Nov 29, 2013
Biafra 1969 by Don Mccullin
Taken by Don McCullin. It was in Biafra, almost more than 3 years of war have ruined the lives of more than a million people . He was petrified in seeing the scene of more than 900 children living in a camp almost close to a point of death.

http://121clicks.com/inspirations/30-most-shocking-heart-touching-photographs-ever-made

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by youngice(m): 11:24am On Nov 29, 2013
Unluvable*:

You should be proud and strive for a medal
is not my fault now. You emotional people don't know what you enjoy. I can't cry, but I can laugh.
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Abelsconcept(m): 11:29am On Nov 29, 2013
Why so much suffering!!!

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 29, 2013
AFRICA has suffered more than any other continent and is still suffering and i dont know why cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by niceeric(m): 11:40am On Nov 29, 2013
Micheal Jackson's Earth Song playing in my head right now.....Dat guy Mike was a visionary and really compassionate dats y I like him no matter Wat d media painted/paints of him
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Unluvable(f): 11:48am On Nov 29, 2013
youngice: is not my fault now. You emotional people don't know what you enjoy. I can't cry, but I can laugh.
What is being emotional?...expression of emotion. What are emotions?...basic ones include being happy, excited, sad, angry, scared. Emotions are part of what characterize a living thing. So it is safe to infer that you might be a robotsmiley
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by psammyJ(m): 11:52am On Nov 29, 2013
never felt so touching like this ever in ma life...some of dis picture almost try to make tears run down ma cheek
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by LadyH(f): 12:10pm On Nov 29, 2013
badoooo: Number 12 really touched me
cry yhhh. + numba 21, dey both made me cry.
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by numen(m): 12:14pm On Nov 29, 2013
Bane vs Joker: It just dawned on me how ungrateful I've been all my life. Please God forgive me.

(I was crying on my desk in a bank) My sentiments exactly. How ungrateful and unappreciative I've been. God please have mercy and forgive me.
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by LadyH(f): 12:27pm On Nov 29, 2013
number 4 tho. gave meh goosebumps.
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Jarus(m): 12:51pm On Nov 29, 2013
Infomizer: And we shouldn't forget Kevin Carter's "The Vulture and the Starving Child".

I was expecting to see this as number 1
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 29, 2013
i expected to see these

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 29, 2013
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Nobody: 1:15pm On Nov 29, 2013
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by SoullyBaba(m): 1:21pm On Nov 29, 2013
Photo really speaks. Photojournalists and writers who adopt picturisque style of telling stories have always been endearing to their readers. Many stories have been told about Lagos for instance, but Teju Cole told his from the eyes of a photo camera in EVERYDAY IS FOR THE THIEF n what a perspective it is.
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 29, 2013
can dt no 9 be done in Nigeria
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by troublemaker: 1:32pm On Nov 29, 2013
You must be very insensitive
lekkie073: rvp's first goal against his former team......while I was smiling, my arsenal bro was so dejected!
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by chimney(m): 2:35pm On Nov 29, 2013
The soldier who returned to her daughter after 7 months in Iraq.....the way she knelt got me feeling emotional.
The boy-vulture pix..... Got we crying,he(d vulture) was just staring and waiting for the boy to drop. CHAOTIC world!
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by kingsolve(m): 3:38pm On Nov 29, 2013
Wow, awesome memories....
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by erico2k2(m): 5:50pm On Nov 29, 2013
yousee:

That picture was taken in the sudan. I remember seeing it in a cyber cafe in kaduna years ago, half of the people in the cafe came to my console...it was sooo emotional. I remember one lady, just walked out without logging out her ticket, holding in the obvious tears.

That vulture one was the most depressing,u knw the french photographer won an award for that single shot of a child crawling to a UN feeding centre n the vulture waiting for him to die.Consiquently the photographer suffered acute depression and killed himself two weeks later
What a shame.

*@topic, these ones really got to me now;
16, The embracing couple in the collapsed factory (dead of course)
18, The falling man...(God save us all)
24, Finding out his brother was killed (I can imagine someone returning home only to be stopped and told a loved one is dead...God forbid!)
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by munex007(m): 6:02pm On Nov 29, 2013
Worth a Million words!!

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by bibiking7(m): 6:16pm On Nov 29, 2013
And we never seem to learn from the past. Amazing. Where has all these acts of hatred led us.
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by grandstar(m): 6:29pm On Nov 29, 2013
oyb: i expected to see these

That girl was on fire from a napalm bomb dropped on her by U.S planes during the Vietnam war. She was later taken to the United States where she got married. She holds no grudge against thge pilot that dropped the bomb.

The napalm bomb is a kind of bomb that rteleases a fire that sticks to your your flesh. King Solomon said that " man truly has dominated man to his own injury" Eccl 8:9

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by grandstar(m): 6:30pm On Nov 29, 2013
This must be Syria
oyb:
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by arsenalwenger: 8:52pm On Nov 29, 2013
skydeexie: These ones should add up to the list, 34 and 35. Japanese children found in the outskirts of Hiroshima after US forces dropped the atomic bomb.
This is not Hiroshima but american invasion of okinawa during ww2.
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by johnsonwax(m): 9:01pm On Nov 29, 2013
badoooo: Number 12 really touched me

Same Me really feel touched!!!
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Nobody: 10:03pm On Nov 29, 2013
I-pledge:
Not only d pictures that makes me cry,comments also
men ar becomin weak hearted....
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 29, 2013
ZE: Result of starvation policy imposed on Igbos by Nigerian forces 1967-1970
its good to remember the past. But sorry, u know if it was the europeans they would have compensated for the cruel act. Never nigeria, past is past here.
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 29, 2013
ZE: Result of starvation policy imposed on Igbos by Nigerian forces 1967-1970
its good to remember the past. But sorry, u know if it was the europeans they would have compensated for the cruel act. Never in nigeria, past is past here.
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by zeb04(f): 10:32pm On Nov 29, 2013
Oh God,so many pple in need.. .. It is so painful. Pls lord help me to help smone 2day.
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by babseg(m): 11:07pm On Nov 29, 2013
ebuetor:
its good to remember the past. But sorry, u know if it was the europeans they would have compensated for the cruel act. Never nigeria, past is past here.

Has any of the the European country compensated any Africa country when they were brutally colonizing Africa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos Of Studio Where 'Island Fakers' Go To Pose Like They Are In A Private Jet / Your Dope & Unique Graphic Designs @Affordable prices / Amazing! See How A Makeup Artist Transformed This Woman Into An Accident Victim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.