Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,678 members, 7,823,917 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Best Processor For Gaming - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Best Processor For Gaming (932 Views)

Asus Google Nexus 7 Tablet with powerful 1.3ghz Quad Core Processor for Sale / New Dell Inspiron N5040 4gb Ram, 500gb Hdd, I3 2.53ghz Processor For N85k USA / eMachine Laptop(acer Group) with Triple Processor For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Processor For Gaming by tomiade1(m): 10:30pm On Jul 13, 2008
i'ld want to get a laptop in some weeks as school resumes early august, and in getting a computer, i'll want one that can meet my needs which is mainly gaming, but the problem here is am really confused and i've searched the web on the type of processor, what i get is either AMD in one site or intel in another, but the major problem i've heard and read about AMD processors is that they heat alot which is a serious worry for me,

what i have in mind is a core 2 duo, 250hdd, nvidia geoforce graphic card, would this be ok ?

so in short, what should i look out for when choosing a laptop for ggaming? cool
Re: Best Processor For Gaming by femzy(m): 8:31am On Jul 14, 2008
Hey game geek; i am a gaming freak like you and things i look at in a gaming machine are basically
1. Display Screen- Is it a 15+" or a 17" (But you can bet games on 17 are quite bolder,and you can even paly from a considerable distance.
Also one with a larger resolution too.

2. Display graphics adapter-Personally i would recommend only Nvidia or ATI GPUs that take nothing less than 512MB

3.RAM or Memory: will determine how much graphics your notebook computer will be able to handle. It's best to get the largest amount possible on your machine.As your Display adapter will suck much of it during intense gaming and you will have little left for other applications.Femzy would recommend at least 2GB and you are OK.

4.Processor: [/b]On my scale of preference; others will come before this because either of AMD & Intel have their merits/demerits over each other.But i would recommend AMDs.Yes, they heat but as long as the CPU doesn't bottleneck the gfx/gpu card the CPU won't be presured too much.
[b]
5.Hard Drive:[/b]Lastly but not too is you should look out for a SATA hard drive as they use less power and transfer data much much faster.

In cursory terms; The main attributes of a great gaming machine are a high spec processor, dedicated graphics chip and plenty of system memory.

[b]
Note too:If you need a system with above specs you can contact me on 08023066648 or femzy112@gmail.com and let me se what i can workout for you.
Re: Best Processor For Gaming by mecussey(m): 11:45am On Jul 14, 2008
Home boy, the most important thing for gaming is the VGA card and the RAM. Above 1.5GZ of processor speed is ok, but go for Nvidea VGA of about 64M or above and 1G RAM. I know you are not planning for any game more than PS2 or PC games. These specifications will do for any game that does not require more than 5G ROMS or ISOs
Re: Best Processor For Gaming by tomiade1(m): 6:17pm On Jul 14, 2008
i appreciate the replies,

@Mecusssey, are u serious? nvidia with 64M, i dnt think that would be enuf mehn, am not hoping to play tetris or super mario mehn, am hoping to play crysis, call of duty 4, those type of games require alot of cpu and graphic power,

thanks for your reply tho, cool
Re: Best Processor For Gaming by Delta007(m): 6:58pm On Jul 14, 2008
The most important thing with gaming is the Grahics card. Make sure you get something that has dedicated graphics memory.
Re: Best Processor For Gaming by tomiade1(m): 7:20pm On Jul 14, 2008
thanks delta,

delta, were u the same person i called on the mtn number some weeks back>?, maybe a month ago

i said stuff like i school in kumasi and u gave me an areeba number to call your shop in accra at Achimota road
Re: Best Processor For Gaming by Delta007(m): 7:33pm On Jul 14, 2008
tomi_ade:

thanks delta,

delta, were u the same person i called on the mtn number some weeks back>?, maybe a month ago

i said stuff like i school in kumasi and u gave me an areeba number to call your shop in accra at Achimota road
Probably one of the associates in our network.

Regardless, feel free to email sales@jonitivecomputers.com and we'd hook you up with some good deals.
Re: Best Processor For Gaming by femzy(m): 9:30pm On Jul 14, 2008
See you cant play memory- consuming state of the art games like Hitman Blood money; Alone In the Dark and the likes
Re: Best Processor For Gaming by tomiade1(m): 10:00pm On Jul 14, 2008
why cant i play them? with nvidia graphic card of 256mb??
Re: Best Processor For Gaming by femzy(m): 10:14pm On Jul 14, 2008
Yeah very good question but if you play most recent games these days they all enquired to be played on mimimum 256MB/512MB recommended but as a game geek you look at the near future when selecting your machine cos technology changes every minute.
Re: Best Processor For Gaming by moonraker(m): 8:46pm On Sep 27, 2008
Typical Gaming System

Core 2 Duo at least 2.0ghz (this is just base stuff. to play games like assasin creed, crysis, u need 2.8ghz dual core processor)

Ram: 2 to 3gb

Graphic Card: it definitely has to be dedicated. some one said and i quote (RAM or Memory: will determine how much graphics your notebook computer will be able to handle) to some extent, that is correct but if you have dedicated graphics memory ie memory belonging to the graphics card, then the system doesnt need to borrow from the main RAM. in this case you need nothing less than 512MB.

hard disk: for a gamer, you need abt 250gb

these are the most important stuff
Re: Best Processor For Gaming by tomiade1(m): 1:07am On Sep 30, 2008
@ moonraker,

thanks for your info,

(1) (Reply)

Full Guide: How To Crack Drm Video, Rip A Dvd And Burn A Dvd / Psp Slim Ver 5.03 Model 3000 For Sale / You Can Trade Forex With This Samsung Windows Mobile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.