Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,392 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:44 AM

Making Money With Google Adwords - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Making Money With Google Adwords (2427 Views)

I Need A Way Of Making Money Online That Works, I Am Broke / 'I'm Cool With Google Trader' – Seun Osewa, Nairalist Founder / I Need Info On How To Pay For Google Adwords Advert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Making Money With Google Adwords by Marknor(m): 6:18pm On Jun 12, 2006
Making Money With Google Adwords: Is It Possible For Nigerians?

Hello friends, I came accross this online business of advertising on google. It normally called Google Adwords. I had to make serious inquiries concerning it before I venture into the biz. It's all about placing ad on Google search engine site and attracting visitors to who have interest in goods to click and purchase.Once they buy your product, instantly u will earn a commission.

Please is there anyone who has an idea or is already into this biz in Nigeria. kindly enlighten me more on it. I gladly welcome all posts and replies from u guys.
Re: Making Money With Google Adwords by kazey(m): 6:49pm On Jun 12, 2006
there are quiet a number of affiliate programs that you can construct ads for, but most dont accept Nigerian members. I dont know of any good one. Maybe you might try googling for it.
Re: Making Money With Google Adwords by Seun(m): 12:25am On Jun 13, 2006
Well I tried it with Amazon.com, and I failed miserably. I have never managed to make an affiliate sale! I tried to use Adwords to advertise on the google network on Amazon.com, and merely I wasted several dollars.
Re: Making Money With Google Adwords by kazey(m): 4:43am On Jun 13, 2006
hehehe well it works for some people smiley
Re: Making Money With Google Adwords by Marknor(m): 11:42am On Jun 13, 2006
Thanks very much guys for your responses. I think I have gotten some insight from
your responses. More responses are also welcomed.
Kazey, could you please tell me on  the Google ads. It's like you have a clearer understanding concerning the biz. Alternatively you could send me your email address. My contact is macnor2003@yahoo.com,08038670528
Re: Making Money With Google Adwords by nairamar(m): 12:50pm On Jun 13, 2006
Hi

Those who have ears, listen.

I have been running adwords campaigns for 3 years and yes I agree with Seun, it can be a hopeless venture if you clickthru asset is weak.

For example, the 1st campaign I ran was to promote CD's I was selling in eBay and things were truely amazing almost all the clicks resulted in a sale of a CD. This was possible because the artist was well known and the target audience were able(having a card and the willingness to pay a fair price) to pay by credit card and were happy to trust an eBay trader with a good and traceable reputation. I was smiling all the way to the bank and sold out!

Another campaign was to attract sellers to a mobile phone ringtone site and the click through was also good because the adwords campaign was on target to a ready market of UK mobile phone users who were happy to pay for a ring tone. This also was a fantastic deal!

Now when your product or clickthru asset is weak, you will end up having clickthru liabilities; this is when people just click out of curiosity and have no plan's of buying or EVEN TAKING AVANTAGE OF FREE OFFERS. This is mainly because they the wrong audience and don't have a history of using the internet apart from chat and making friends.

Nairamarket is a free website for Cars and Mobile phone and the ratio of people who clicked on my adwords adverts in google and even adbrite[i](another good competitor to google, almost better payout than google)[/i] compared to the number of people who actually took up the free offer were 250:1 this is a very bad ratio so I stopped the adwords campaign and will transfer to newspaper adverts nationwide once I finish the project I'm on.

So in a nut shell, what we can learn from my experience is:

1. Make sure your Click-Thru Asset is tangible (don't fall in love with technology just for it's own sake)

2. Be aware of what part of the process your targeted audience can participate in, if they are mainly students don't try selling things they can't afford yet even if the product/service is FREE OF CHARGE

3. If online/offline payment is required, make sure the collection process is trusted and painless.

4. Make sure your website is "sticky" eg. nairaland: which is sticky like cellotape!

5. Remember to dedicate enough time to perfecting you "gameplan" don't neglet it because of football or other distractions.

6. Remember to Smile when making a loss!
Re: Making Money With Google Adwords by kazey(m): 4:36pm On Jun 13, 2006
hmm well clickbank affiliate marketing is better than amazon, especially for fast selling products such as "Love Machine" and books smiley
Re: Making Money With Google Adwords by Marknor(m): 5:25pm On Jun 13, 2006
Yes that is true,I believe that one can really make money through Google Ads,even from Nigeria.
Thanks nairamar for your reply. Infact I have sent you an email. Please I need you to tell me more on how I can run an effective Ad on google.

I don't understand what you mean by
[If payment is involved, make the process painless.]
Just like I wrote in the mail that I sent to your box, you need to help me set up one ad.Pls
Don't forget to check your mail box

Marknor C.
Re: Making Money With Google Adwords by nairamar(m): 5:37pm On Jun 13, 2006
@Marknor,

This is a valuable thread so if you don't mind let's keep it open and I will answer your questions in as much detail as possible.

I think it's fair to note that you have to undertake a lot of research yourself, and the only evidence will be the quality of your questions.

Remember, running google campaigns is a profession so, the more time you dedicate the better your campaign.

Lets start by you telling us what your expectations of google adwords are and what stage are you right now in your campaign.

Or if your prefer, what would you like to know?
Re: Making Money With Google Adwords by kazey(m): 8:52pm On Jun 13, 2006
The problems with the best products is that you would be spending a fortune to get the right audience. This is the area that has too many competitors hence the rate for bidding per keyword of relation would be higher (on adwords). It can even go upto 30USD per click or even more, and how much are you making per sale to justify that?

The best option is just to go for average selling products and create a niche content and sell from there, with the help of advertisement networks and the main key (information).
Re: Making Money With Google Adwords by Marknor(m): 5:10pm On Jun 14, 2006
Hi nairamar,these are the  reports of my campaign in Google as at April 20-21, 2006.
I was advertsing a Mystery shopper company and an Affiliate that sell e-books on how to make money online.

Apr 20, 2006 

Clicks:  20  , Impression.:68,127 , CTR: 0.02% , Avg. CPC:$0.18 ,Cost $3.52 
Conv. Rate:0.00%   

Apr 21, 2006
Clicks: 25,   Impression:  39,880,   CTR:0.06%,  Avg.CPC:$0.20 ,Cost:$4.97
Conv.Rate: 0.00% 

Infact I was able to get a niche that had many searches and nobody placed ad on it.
I made great impressions and my Clickthrough rate increased but I never had sales.
I understand it is never easy to run the campaign but I known was and is still ready to make researches to find my niches.
But I still have something wrong somewhere.
I want to assume that I have not learnt how to set up a Google campaign.

That the stage I want to start from.
Please educate me.
And also help other members to benefit from this online biz
Thanks.

-
Re: Making Money With Google Adwords by kazey(m): 7:06pm On Jun 14, 2006
few clicks out of a lot of impression infers you need to work on your keywords and ads construct. The main reason for such an impression is that your ads are showing in the wrong places due to the way you constructed them and hence the audience of that place where they show up are not interested in your product or whatever your ads are about.

So as i said, you would need to work on your keywords and advertisement captions and surely you would get the right audience.
Re: Making Money With Google Adwords by nairamar(m): 10:28am On Jun 15, 2006
@marknor,

Let us look back at what the whole aim of your enterprise: To MAKE A PROFIT. The question is HOW?

From what you have disclosed, I can infer that your plan is to make a profit from selling ebooks.

Why don't we consider ebooks as a profit centre,

Are these ebooks in demand ?

How many ebooks have you bought recently ?
______________________________________________________________________________________

What I trying to get at is, do not use google or any other type of advertising be it online or elsewhere in an incorrect fashion.

I'm the first to agree that the google online advertising system is fantastic and exciting but, you can't use google adwords it to make a profit; you can only use it to DIRECT CUSTOMERS TO YOUR PRODUCT/SERVICE.

So once again, are you sure ebooks are the right product ? Basically an ebook is a electronic book and could be an electronic copy of anybody's book even "James Hadley Chase". This doesn't make ebooks are special when they are FREE.

On the other hand if your ebooks containing UNIQUE information that is not available elsewhere, then they may be worth a price, but what price ? This price issue is what you need to work out yourself by taking the cost + profit approach.

Getting back on track, assuming your customers are online and also have the ability and willingness to pay for your ebook; you then forfeit a percentage of your profit to invest in advertising.

If you have chosen google adwords and the numbers you came up with are those you provided, then you have no choice but to ABANDON the venture.

ALWAYS GET THE FUNDAMENTALS RIGHT AND STICK TO THEM LIKE GLUE.

The fundamentals never lie!

@kazey has already said
kazey:

few clicks out of a lot of impression infers you need to work on your keywords and ads construct. The main reason for such an impression is that your ads are showing in the wrong places due to the way you constructed them and hence the audience of that place where they show up are not interested in your product or whatever your ads are about.

So as i said, you would need to work on your keywords and advertisement captions and surely you would get the right audience.

I've looked at it from a very narrow perspective, ignoring a lot of other facst but, it's easliy seen that emphasis is heavy on the "google fun factor" and not on the business "ice cold facts".

************ ebooks could easily be any other product or even service ****************************

We've all been there before, so it's no big deal.

______________________________________________________________________________________

All is not lost, I'm assuming you generally want an online business with little need for inventory, why don't you consider the other side of the coin. Google Adsense is equally lucrative and removes a lot of speculation. if you combine Google Adsense with adbrite's offering you can a decent income with less risk.

If you need some idea's on what will work best with google adsense, just let me know.
Re: Making Money With Google Adwords by hobat4cash(m): 4:30pm On Jun 15, 2006
@nairamar
sorry to interrupt pls i am interested in google adsense how do i go about it? thanks
Re: Making Money With Google Adwords by Marknor(m): 12:16pm On Jun 16, 2006
Exactly nairamar, anything that can fetch me some cash on-line  I would gladly do as
long as it is not illegal or fraudulent.
Please educate me on the Google adsense, how can I earn money from it.
I also heard of on-line forex, on-line research jobs for companies.
I am a very honest person, and have a vision to help Nigerian youths in anything I have succeeded doing on-line. Please be frank to me.
If I succeed in it, I will like to partner with you for a special biz that I have been nursing in my heart for years  that can change the lives of many Nigerians. If you believe in the saying that "The owner of Idea rules the World"[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color] then you will understand me very well.
I am waiting to hear from you guys.
Re: Making Money With Google Adwords by JULIUS15151: 5:04pm On Feb 16, 2023
Great trend. Thanks for sharing
I also find this trend helpful https://www.nairaland.com/7571574/how-make-money-google-ads#120952956
Re: Making Money With Google Adwords by JULIUS15151: 2:51pm On Feb 21, 2023

(1) (Reply)

Xpedited Shipping Is A Fraud!!!!! Do Not Deal With These Ppl / Exchange Rate Of Pound In Nigeria / How To Make Money From A Blog. A Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.