Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,982 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

'I'm Cool With Google Trader' – Seun Osewa, Nairalist Founder - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 'I'm Cool With Google Trader' – Seun Osewa, Nairalist Founder (2583 Views)

Have scammers run down Google Trader Nigeria? / Nigerians Are Making Money On Google Trader. Don't Miss Out / Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'I'm Cool With Google Trader' – Seun Osewa, Nairalist Founder by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 09, 2011
November 9th, 2011 by Loy Okezie[img]http:///wp-content/uploads/2011/07/seun-osewa.jpg[/img]

Nairalist founder, Seun Osewa has reacted to the recent launch of Google Trader, a classified ads service looking to compete within the online marketplace in Nigeria.

In his response to my question on Twitter whether he would finally shut down Nairalist, his ailing classified ads site launched in 2008, due to the emergence of Google and stiff competition from Dealfish, another player in the classified ads space, Osewa said: “I’ve not invested so much into the classifieds biz, so I’m cool with Google Trader.” “Nairalist will remain frozen if not *needed*”, he added.

While Osewa may be unsure what to do with Nairalist, we think that he may have thrown in the towel on Nairalist , especially with Trader coming into the space.

A few months ago, Osewa asked if Dealfish, a classified ads competitor had finally managed to kill Nairalist? Though he wasn’t sure at the time, it was evident that Dealfish had already overtaken Nairalist to become the most popular classified ads site in Nigeria.

Since August 2011, the classified ads site had stopped accepting new listings, which has seen its traffic dwindle over the last few months. Now that Osewa seems cool with the potential threat of Google Trader, his dream of becoming Africa’s Craig Newmark (founder of Craigslist) is perhaps finally dead.

Has Nairalist founder finally accepted defeat in the classified ads space?
Re: 'I'm Cool With Google Trader' – Seun Osewa, Nairalist Founder by Nobody: 9:26pm On Nov 09, 2011
Re: 'I'm Cool With Google Trader' – Seun Osewa, Nairalist Founder by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 09, 2011
techloy.com/2011/11/09/im-cool-with-google-trader-seun-osewa-nairalist-founder/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=im-cool-with-google-trader-seun-osewa-nairalist-founder
Re: 'I'm Cool With Google Trader' – Seun Osewa, Nairalist Founder by HECTORBOSS(m): 11:38am On Nov 10, 2011
There is competition every where and for those who can squash the competition go ahead in their respective industry. Nobody remains number one for life. The next best thing just might not be Google perhaps a young skool kid from the convenience of his dom. Who knows?

I have devised away to profit more from this idea and am currently making a list of other items that i intend showcasing at classifieds to link my online store front. GREAT OPPORTUNITY for my distribution business to grow. I NEED MORE HANDS!
Re: 'I'm Cool With Google Trader' – Seun Osewa, Nairalist Founder by Nobody: 11:51am On Nov 10, 2011
Re: 'I'm Cool With Google Trader' – Seun Osewa, Nairalist Founder by goldboy(m): 12:51pm On Nov 10, 2011
CAN some one please explain to me how the classified ads make money? please
Re: 'I'm Cool With Google Trader' – Seun Osewa, Nairalist Founder by Mcleo007(m): 5:25pm On Nov 10, 2011
HECTORBOSS:

There is competition every where and for those who can squash the competition go ahead in their respective industry. Nobody remains number one for life. The next best thing just might not be Google perhaps a young skool kid from the convenience of his dom. Who knows?

I have devised away to profit more from this idea and am currently making a list of other items that i intend showcasing at classifieds to link my online store front. GREAT OPPORTUNITY for my distribution business to grow. I NEED MORE HANDS!

Nice and incisive!

(1) (Reply)

150 USD Traders Free Bonus Options Worth - Binomo / Please Who Has Ever Invested On Renmoney's Fixed Deposit? I Need Help / So Moneybookers Do Not Accpet Nigerians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.