Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,423 members, 7,812,243 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

Ghana's Victoria Hammah Sacked Over $1m Claim - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ghana's Victoria Hammah Sacked Over $1m Claim (717 Views)

Mugabe's Lavish $1m 92nd Birthday Celebration-Photos / Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim / China Official Sacked Over Son's Extravagant Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ghana's Victoria Hammah Sacked Over $1m Claim by Wale112(m): 11:52am On Nov 08, 2013
Ghana's Deputy Communications Minister Victoria Hammah has been sacked after she was recorded allegedly saying she would stay in politics until she has made $1m (£600,000).

"If you have money then you can control people," she said on the tape which has been widely circulated in Ghana.

Ms Hammah has not yet commented on the tape or her sacking.

The BBC's Sammy Darko in Accra says she played a key role in President John Mahama's election last year.

In August, she said there was a lot of pressure on her to steal from government because people thought she was rich.

She described such demands as "obnoxious", reports the Ghanaweb news site.

"Corrupt politicians are the reflection of [a] corrupt society!" it quotes her as saying.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-24864436

1 Like

Re: Ghana's Victoria Hammah Sacked Over $1m Claim by dooch(m): 1:12pm On Nov 08, 2013
I call it political suicide... I wonder how her life is going to be after this disgrace. embarassed I really pity her... Young lady, you haven't started a life yet and see what you've done to yourself..smh angry

(1) (Reply)

US Announces Coalition To Fight Islamic State / Canada Parliament Shooting: How It Unfolded / China Considers Ending Death Penalty For 9 Crimes -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.