Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,212 members, 7,829,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Is There God In Yoruba Land? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There God In Yoruba Land? (714 Views)

Is There God / IS THERE GOD? / Six reasons for you to believe that there's God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is There God In Yoruba Land? by kufreabasi(m): 11:14am On Jul 14, 2008
Can anybody from yoruba land be bold enough to convience his or herself that there is God in their land.be it pastor,bishop,priest or imam.
what is the purpose of human sacrifies in yoruba land?
Re: Is There God In Yoruba Land? by PastorAIO: 12:43pm On Jul 14, 2008
I'm not sure I understand your question, but I'll try to answer anyway. There is God everywhere in everyland. I don't know what the purpose of human sacrifice is. Perhaps to appease spirits or to use as surrogate for themselves.

By God I assume you mean the creator and author of all that exists. In yoruba land he is called Eledumare. Do some research and you're sure to find out about him.
Re: Is There God In Yoruba Land? by itstpia8: 10:33pm On May 08, 2016
I just saw a very scary article from years ago where the writer claimed prior to the 70s, some nowadays big towns were actually no go areas filled with rituals and suffering.

That's terrible, may God watch over his word to perform it so Nigeria does not revert back to the dark ages.

(1) (Reply)

Questions And Answers On The Issues Of Life / I Do Not Believe In Religion, Do You? / Can Ur Church Save U?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.