Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,751 members, 7,820,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Deadly Mistakes Undergraduates Make Unknowingly - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Deadly Mistakes Undergraduates Make Unknowingly (39792 Views)

Dangerous Mistakes We Made Before We Graduated From School! / Some Common Silly Mistakes/errors People Make In English Language. / My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deadly Mistakes Undergraduates Make Unknowingly by Prec1ous(m): 2:39pm On Nov 09, 2013
5 DEADLY MISTAKES EVERY UNDERGRADUATE MAKE UNKNOWINGLY

BY: IRIAEVHO PRECIOUS
you initiative

Every day we come across a lot of people, mostly young individuals with vision for a brighter tomorrow. But when you sit with them and ask the deeper questions as to why they make some decisions, they seem to have no clue to what they have done. Analyzing the situation, I came across some blunder that they have committed on the long run, amongst them are five listed below:

THINKING INSIDE THE BOX

As a statement it sounds very okay, but its contextual meaning in the educational terrain, seems bizarre. Most students today do not actually know what is happening around them, as all they seem concerned about is classes, reading textbooks and materials given to them by their respective lecturers… so in the long run, they get good grades and they are promoted to the next level. Does it actually end there?
Many have forgotten that school is just an eye opener to what the real world offers. That is why today we have graduates with 1st class and 2nd class with no specific skill and they complain of not been employed, when they cannot even open MSWORD with a mouse or even shutdown a computer. They would go ahead to blame the witches of their mother’s and father’s land for every misfortune when in the real sense they cannot even hold down a steady conversation on topics like sports, politics, music, books… think outside the box and see what the real world has got to offer.

“School will only sharpen you but your skills will decorate you”

LEARNING TO WRITE A Curriculum Vitae MENTALITY

Knowing the entails of writing a very good CV is not a bad idea in its own sense. But have you asked yourself what life will be like without writing a CV? Or is it a bad idea to have people submitting to you as against you submitting yours and putting your fate and destiny in another person hands, when sometimes they would not even look through it, is that not touching?.
I believe writing a CV in the long run will condition your mind that you have to be employed by a person which is not a bad idea in its self, but the truth is you will never get a better shot at life. But not putting all your effort into writing a CV, will open a window of opportunity because then your thinking is not caged and thus, while you think of a person employing you, you can also think of creating employment and employing others, a win-win situation right?.
But come to think of it, the wealthiest and influential people in the world today never sat down to write a CV (In doubt? Google is your friend). So friend, instead use that paper as a drawing board and sketch the structure of a perfect business plan with the little you have and see your little efforts become positively viral.

“Do not waste time thinking on how to write a killer and enticing CV, instead waste that time in thinking how you can make your life better even with your little resources.”

SELF PITY AND REGRETS

The duos are perfect dream assassins. Do not ever plunge into their arms. For nothing should you regret where you find yourself, what course you are studying… or pity yourself for nothing, because if you do, you will never make it in life.
Do not sit and compare yourself to your neighbors who are studying engineering, medicine, law or what have you, for they do not guarantee life security. Your security comes from within, so please overlook the bandwagon that scorn your course of study and focus on building a niche for yourself in any sector that you find yourself.
Look deep and realize what it is you love doing most and then go ahead to integrate it with what you are doing now and if you do not make it in life, doubt my credibility. Life and wealth is up for grabs to those that are daring, so let others waste their time in laughter while it actually becomes your driving force and motivator.

“Please do not seek admission every year, but learn a new skill every year”

WRONG COMPANY

You want to be a success, please do not be found in the wrong side of town.
If you should have friends, I recommend people who are better and well experienced than you or you can look for people who are on the same wavelength with you, be it in aspirations and driving factors.
Friends can so influence you that I can say categorically that sometimes whatever you become is directly an impact from the actions of the friend you keep. Show me your friend and I will tell who you are.
Do not mingle with loafers, cultist, jesters, party captains and lords, smokers and sniffers… or else by now I think you should know that your life is taking a headlong fall into the ocean of destruction.
In short, anyone that cannot add to your life in any way (physically, spiritually, morally, technically…) should be BLACKLISTED. There should be no room for complacency, because the road is far ahead and any extra baggage should be dropped.

“The more friends you have, the more fun you will have. The fewer friend you have, the fewer your problems!”

NO PLAN

This is the deadliest of all mistakes, because if you have not set any plans for tomorrow, brother, this is a free ride to failure, no hidden charges.
We all join the rat race to higher institutions and after that what’s next? We get hooked up in life’s traffic jam!
The main reason you will fail is when you do not even have a plan, so study medicine or guidance and counseling, but without plans, you are NOTHING!
Learn to set goals and plan on how to achieve them. Set task and work towards them. Do not ever think that your parents will always be there to pay your bills or feel you will always get free food and rides. That’s a big fantasy, wake up!
Make achievable plans and set structures to meet them, it might take weeks or months, but what matters is that you are working towards something, unlike others who are working towards nothing.

“He who fails to plan, has definitely planned to fail”

to read more inspiring articles from IRIAEVHO PRECIOUS, of the YOU INITIATIVE, click here please and do not forget to like and share to your friends

https://www.facebook.com/youinitiative/

139 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deadly Mistakes Undergraduates Make Unknowingly by jaryeh(m): 3:14pm On Nov 09, 2013
Nice one!
Re: Deadly Mistakes Undergraduates Make Unknowingly by fabby26(m): 3:33pm On Nov 09, 2013
Nice piece
Re: Deadly Mistakes Undergraduates Make Unknowingly by Alikaxon(m): 3:42pm On Nov 09, 2013
u re such a good writer, u gat me enthralled. This must make front page @fynestboi. Am impressed.

3 Likes

Re: Deadly Mistakes Undergraduates Make Unknowingly by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 09, 2013
w0w! This is w0nderful
Re: Deadly Mistakes Undergraduates Make Unknowingly by Nobody: 4:23pm On Nov 09, 2013
*claps*. Thumbs up man.

2 Likes

Re: Deadly Mistakes Undergraduates Make Unknowingly by Prec1ous(m): 5:05pm On Nov 09, 2013
THANK YOU ALL. LIKE OUR PAGE AT http://facebook.com/youinitiative

2 Likes

Re: Deadly Mistakes Undergraduates Make Unknowingly by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 09, 2013
Op ur on point!! No time for snail movement
Re: Deadly Mistakes Undergraduates Make Unknowingly by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 09, 2013
Fantastic write-up
Re: Deadly Mistakes Undergraduates Make Unknowingly by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 09, 2013
Nice one....although All these are already known, It's simple logic, we see it everywhere everyday....

2 Likes

Re: Deadly Mistakes Undergraduates Make Unknowingly by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 09, 2013
OP we all know about this shits so try better with new ideas. Sorry bro am just a critic.

1 Like

Re: Deadly Mistakes Undergraduates Make Unknowingly by OmichaelO: 8:11pm On Nov 09, 2013
dvdon: OP we all know about this shits so try better with new ideas. Sorry bro am just a critic.
LoL...
show or link me to Any article you've written
if not STFU!! Just fellow what the OP composed it will help you body,soul and mind...

#my2cents
PS: am not eristic

2 Likes

Re: Deadly Mistakes Undergraduates Make Unknowingly by Suzie0(f): 8:53pm On Nov 09, 2013
Nice write up...written by a good writer...learnt & understood by those that ar' intrested... cool

2 Likes

Re: Deadly Mistakes Undergraduates Make Unknowingly by Nwoka(m): 9:58pm On Nov 09, 2013
Nice
Re: Deadly Mistakes Undergraduates Make Unknowingly by Gbade60: 9:58pm On Nov 09, 2013
God is all you need to succeed! Him first before others den u r gud to gooo!!!

4 Likes

Re: Deadly Mistakes Undergraduates Make Unknowingly by rmaubsiau(m): 9:59pm On Nov 09, 2013
u try , even though i barely read 1 complete sentence cheesy

1 Like

Re: Deadly Mistakes Undergraduates Make Unknowingly by rodeo0070(m): 10:01pm On Nov 09, 2013
Very nice write up. If you agree with me, hit the "Like" button of the OP...

1 Like

Re: Deadly Mistakes Undergraduates Make Unknowingly by GSKing: 10:06pm On Nov 09, 2013
hmmm, interesting!

1 Like

Re: Deadly Mistakes Undergraduates Make Unknowingly by Malachy27: 10:07pm On Nov 09, 2013
Hey na here u wan learn hw 2ryt article? abeg free me joor! My pipu whu know weda Nokia toch dey browse?

2 Likes

Re: Deadly Mistakes Undergraduates Make Unknowingly by chimex38: 10:07pm On Nov 09, 2013
Prec1ous: 5 DEADLY MISTAKES EVERY UNDERGRADUATE MAKE UNKNOWINGLY

BY: IRIAEVHO PRECIOUS
you initiative

Every day we come across a lot of people, mostly young individuals with vision for a brighter tomorrow. But when you sit with them and ask the deeper questions as to why they make some decisions, they seem to have no clue to what they have done. Analyzing the situation, I came across some blunder that they have committed on the long run, amongst them are five listed below:

THINKING INSIDE THE BOX

As a statement it sounds very okay, but its contextual meaning in the educational terrain, seems bizarre. Most students today do not actually know what is happening around them, as all they seem concerned about is classes, reading textbooks and materials given to them by their respective lecturers… so in the long run, they get good grades and they are promoted to the next level. Does it actually end there?
Many have forgotten that school is just an eye opener to what the real world offers. That is why today we have graduates with 1st class and 2nd class with no specific skill and they complain of not been employed, when they cannot even open MSWORD with a mouse or even shutdown a computer. They would go ahead to blame the witches of their mother’s and father’s land for every misfortune when in the real sense they cannot even hold down a steady conversation on topics like sports, politics, music, books… think outside the box and see what the real world has got to offer.

“School will only sharpen you but your skills will decorate you”

LEARNING TO WRITE A Curriculum Vitae MENTALITY

Knowing the entails of writing a very good CV is not a bad idea in its own sense. But have you asked yourself what life will be like without writing a CV? Or is it a bad idea to have people submitting to you as against you submitting yours and putting your fate and destiny in another person hands, when sometimes they would not even look through it, is that not touching?.
I believe writing a CV in the long run will condition your mind that you have to be employed by a person which is not a bad idea in its self, but the truth is you will never get a better shot at life. But not putting all your effort into writing a CV, will open a window of opportunity because then your thinking is not caged and thus, while you think of a person employing you, you can also think of creating employment and employing others, a win-win situation right?.
But come to think of it, the wealthiest and influential people in the world today never sat down to write a CV (In doubt? Google is your friend). So friend, instead use that paper as a drawing board and sketch the structure of a perfect business plan with the little you have and see your little efforts become positively viral.

“Do not waste time thinking on how to write a killer and enticing CV, instead waste that time in thinking how you can make your life better even with your little resources.”

SELF PITY AND REGRETS

The duos are perfect dream assassins. Do not ever plunge into their arms. For nothing should you regret where you find yourself, what course you are studying… or pity yourself for nothing, because if you do, you will never make it in life.
Do not sit and compare yourself to your neighbors who are studying engineering, medicine, law or what have you, for they do not guarantee life security. Your security comes from within, so please overlook the bandwagon that scorn your course of study and focus on building a niche for yourself in any sector that you find yourself.
Look deep and realize what it is you love doing most and then go ahead to integrate it with what you are doing now and if you do not make it in life, doubt my credibility. Life and wealth is up for grabs to those that are daring, so let others waste their time in laughter while it actually becomes your driving force and motivator.

“Please do not seek admission every year, but learn a new skill every year”

WRONG COMPANY

You want to be a success, please do not be found in the wrong side of town.
If you should have friends, I recommend people who are better and well experienced than you or you can look for people who are on the same wavelength with you, be it in aspirations and driving factors.
Friends can so influence you that I can say categorically that sometimes whatever you become is directly an impact from the actions of the friend you keep. Show me your friend and I will tell who you are.
Do not mingle with loafers, cultist, jesters, party captains and lords, smokers and sniffers… or else by now I think you should know that your life is taking a headlong fall into the ocean of destruction.
In short, anyone that cannot add to your life in any way (physically, spiritually, morally, technically…) should be BLACKLISTED.....
I dont understand embarassed undecided

1 Like

Re: Deadly Mistakes Undergraduates Make Unknowingly by xclusive43(m): 10:08pm On Nov 09, 2013
rodeo0070: Very nice write up. If you agree with me, hit the "Like" button of the OP...
ND if we Don't??

@ OP Nice writeup

1 Like

Re: Deadly Mistakes Undergraduates Make Unknowingly by vislabraye(m): 10:11pm On Nov 09, 2013
I think regret and self pity are the worst. Its bad especially when U see all the odds against you.

2 Likes

Re: Deadly Mistakes Undergraduates Make Unknowingly by Youngpo413: 10:12pm On Nov 09, 2013
Thanks for the info
Re: Deadly Mistakes Undergraduates Make Unknowingly by Coefficient(m): 10:13pm On Nov 09, 2013
chimex38:

You're simply an idio.t!

5 Likes

Re: Deadly Mistakes Undergraduates Make Unknowingly by smart134: 10:13pm On Nov 09, 2013
hmmm
Re: Deadly Mistakes Undergraduates Make Unknowingly by Jeezyy(m): 10:13pm On Nov 09, 2013
Writing is cheap, but implementing what you've written is another case altogether

2 Likes

Re: Deadly Mistakes Undergraduates Make Unknowingly by chimex38: 10:13pm On Nov 09, 2013
rodeo0070: Very nice write up. If you agree with me, hit the "Like" button of the OP...
99unlike 4 U

2 Likes

Re: Deadly Mistakes Undergraduates Make Unknowingly by tosingcfr(m): 10:15pm On Nov 09, 2013
noted. Thats y "some graduated and yet they are stewpid" - Drake
Re: Deadly Mistakes Undergraduates Make Unknowingly by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 09, 2013
Nice post..... But it would av been better to post this after ASUU calls off *screams* Up Nepa

1 Like

Re: Deadly Mistakes Undergraduates Make Unknowingly by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 09, 2013
chimex38:
choi, why you come go quote the whole thing na? Just dey waste our chat page... Mtchew

3 Likes

Re: Deadly Mistakes Undergraduates Make Unknowingly by mdee1(m): 10:18pm On Nov 09, 2013
chimex38:
after quoting d whole epistle,coconut head

1 Like

Re: Deadly Mistakes Undergraduates Make Unknowingly by Nobody: 10:18pm On Nov 09, 2013
chimex38:
sorry, you can't.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Auchi Poly Student Fights Lecturer For Not Allowing Her Write Exam (Photo) / Scholarship For Boy That Photobombed A Traditional Wedding Photo Of Couple / Hardest Course(s) You Did In School As An Undergraduate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.