Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Sermon Research - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sermon Research (593 Views)

10 Funny Ways People Sleep During Sermon / SERMON Jotters:candidates Of Deep Deliverance. PMCH-APRIL,2015-D.K Olukoya / Sunday Sermon: Do You Truly Love God? (1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sermon Research by Nobody: 9:07am On Nov 10, 2013
I woke up this morning, and something dropped on my mind, and my mind kept kicking me. The thought just came to me about sermons; sermons that I have witnessed at church this year on Sundays. Something kept telling me if I know the number of sermons that have revolved solely on "bring money", "bring money"; or sermons on prosperity, if this will better drive down the message. And sermons that have to do with salvation, love, holiness etc. My mind kept telling that if I had bordered to initiate a research into this topic since January of this year, I would have been able to discovered that the money doubling sermons surpass other kinds of sermons at church. That I would have known by now that even though the sermons that have to do with money are just under one subject (money), it might conveniently account for more that 60 per cent of the whole sermons at church this year, and I might not be surprised.

Now, I have decided to do a research on this topic before this year runs out, in order to ascertain whether my mind has deceived me this morning, even though I can categorically say my mind is right, with the obvious lack of data. But I love data anyway in order to prove there are significance differences in number of times among these different sermons, and to further prove that their is a significant higher number time money sermon is preached at church.

Surely, statistically, I may not be able to prove this, for I have a limited time to generate these data, and only limited data could be generated, not fit for analysis, but just to know which sermon has a simple higher number of being preached would do the magic.

I want whoever wants to join me in this topic, at his/her own church to do same and compare.

This is not a thread to insult anybody, but just to show how money has now become the single most important thing in our churches today. Now I am preparing to ho to church this money, and guess what? I have the idea of what the sermon is all about. You know why? Because I have been listening to same thing for a very long time now, and it is getting boring.

Now, go research and come January, post your findings here or create threads to post your findings. Still, you might ignore this, after all, God as become a money doubler to some of us, as we bring He doublet.

Good morning this morning!
Re: Sermon Research by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 21, 2013
Hmm.

(1) (Reply)

Please Stop By, To Answer This Troubling Question / Why Did The Apostles Use The Septuagint? / Which Religion Has More Spoiled Youths, Christianity Or Islamic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.