Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,048 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

10 Funny Ways People Sleep During Sermon - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Funny Ways People Sleep During Sermon (2065 Views)

Why Do People Sleep During Sermons In Church? / See The Pastor Whose Feet Must Not Touch The Ground During Sermon(photos) / Pastor Caught Pants Down While Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman.. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Funny Ways People Sleep During Sermon by tosyne2much(m): 9:14am On Sep 06, 2015

Now let's discuss 10 ways people stylishly sleep off in the church but pretend they are not

1. They Bend Their Heads As If They Are Praying

During long prayers and by the time they become tired abnd start feeling sleepy, they will sit down, bend their heads and will start shaking it like agama lizard. This is to deceive the congregation and the ushers that they are also praying..

2. They Wear Goggles

Na dis one common pass among youths. When they want to sleep, they will wear their goggles (usual black shades) and focus on the preacher as if they are so much interested in the sermon. This is just to deceive the man of God himself as well as the ushers that they are feeling the sermon. The only way you will know that they are sleeping is when the preacher asks them to prophesy into the life of the person sitting next to them. cheesy

3. They Focus On The Bible

To avoid the usher disturbing them from sleeping, they will open their Bible to a random chapter and focus on it as if they want to check a Bible verse. They sleep under the pretence of reading the Holy Bible just to avoid distraction

4. They keep Nodding their Heads

Some of them are very smart that they keep shaking their heads like agama lizard to every word the man of God is saying. It's not like they are listening but to deceive the ushers. They will quickly take a nap and quickly return to a conscious state before the ushers come around

5. They Lie On The Floor

Some people will go as far as lying on the floor appreciating God for he has done and before you know it, from dia dem go divert go sleep cheesy

6. They Fold Their Arms

Some will fold their arms in disguise, then rest their back on their chairs and off they sleep

7. They Go On Their Knees

Some of them will go on their knees, rest their heads on the chair and will sleep off. Funny enough. I used to be guilty of this act

8. They Abuse the Ushers

Even though it is obvious they are sleeping, they will still pretend they are not. If any usher taps them on the shoulder they will heap curses on him cheesy

9. They Hide At The Back Rows

These ones go sit down for back seat in case sleep
show face cos dem no want make anybody disturb them.

10. Feel free to add the last one

Happy Sunday fellas

Thanks for reading cool

Have fun

Originally written by: Tosyne2much

Source:
http://tosyne2much..co.uk/2015/09/10-ways-people-stylishly-sleep-during.html?m=1

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Funny Ways People Sleep During Sermon by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 06, 2015
grin
Nursing mothers will lay with their kids at the back of the church...

Kids will be awake eating Cabin biscuit and mothers will be snoring deeply....

#JESUSISCOMINGSOON
Re: 10 Funny Ways People Sleep During Sermon by RoyalRoy(m): 9:19am On Sep 06, 2015
Lol

I can identify with these.

Times when a loud Halleluya wakes you up from slumber, then u begin to shake your head up and down with a loud hmmm.... Like say the Spirit hoLD you.... Odikwa Selious.

In other news, these Port Harcourt Pastors no take am easy o.....

2 Likes

Re: 10 Funny Ways People Sleep During Sermon by MISSNORA(f): 9:22am On Sep 06, 2015
Lol

1 Like

Re: 10 Funny Ways People Sleep During Sermon by lekezino(m): 9:27am On Sep 06, 2015
odikwa too truth
Re: 10 Funny Ways People Sleep During Sermon by menesheh(m): 9:28am On Sep 06, 2015
Lols cheesy
Re: 10 Funny Ways People Sleep During Sermon by tohpahz(f): 9:29am On Sep 06, 2015
Lolz.. den wen i was in the world with wristbangle.
We did Almost all.. grin
Re: 10 Funny Ways People Sleep During Sermon by Nobody: 9:31am On Sep 06, 2015
Thank God am not a xtian grin
Re: 10 Funny Ways People Sleep During Sermon by usmanspihn(m): 9:33am On Sep 06, 2015
Lol
Re: 10 Funny Ways People Sleep During Sermon by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 06, 2015
It takes a "Chief Sleeper" to draft this out smiley

2 Likes

Re: 10 Funny Ways People Sleep During Sermon by dyabman(m): 9:41am On Sep 06, 2015
When preaching sometimes gets bored .. its just natural .. even in Class.
Re: 10 Funny Ways People Sleep During Sermon by ladyF(f): 9:59am On Sep 06, 2015
Lol...The best is to kneel then put your head on the chair with your church note as pillow, while u have ur two hands raised so people think you are in the spirit.

Sleeping in mosque will be easier, u just put ur head on the mat and remain there. No offence intended o.... grin

2 Likes

Re: 10 Funny Ways People Sleep During Sermon by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 06, 2015
tohpahz:
We did Almost all.. grin

what were you there cheesy
Re: 10 Funny Ways People Sleep During Sermon by olaglamour(f): 12:20pm On Sep 06, 2015
Grrrrrrrhhhh
Re: 10 Funny Ways People Sleep During Sermon by slimmyjimmy(m): 12:44pm On Sep 06, 2015
I am guilty
Re: 10 Funny Ways People Sleep During Sermon by Hawlahscho(m): 1:25pm On Sep 06, 2015
tosyne2much
SMH for those novice tactics of sleeping in d church sad

I think I'm an expert @ sleeping even while sitting right before pastor.

Have you seen someone sleeping with both eyes wide opened before? oh strange?

At all it's not strange, I have a friend that naturally does it so I learnt it for situations like that grin

The only way u can know is when my eyes are getting red grin

I'm perfect to d extent that I'll maintain the position of my head after I've perfected it to be like angle 85.degree with my shoulder either right side or left side cool

If my head mistakenly comes down to like angle 80degree, I'll gain consciousness and blink grin

Then, I'm back awake. cool

I rarely sleep sha, but when I do, ushers are fools cool

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Funny Ways People Sleep During Sermon by wristbangle: 1:32pm On Sep 06, 2015
tohpahz:
We did Almost all.. grin

cry cry cry

So u call yourself born again and yet u were sleeping in church.

Wifey God understands our hustle during the week.
Re: 10 Funny Ways People Sleep During Sermon by wristbangle: 1:48pm On Sep 06, 2015
RoyalRoy:
Lol

Times when a loud Halleluya wakes you up from slumber, then u begin to shake your head up and down with a loud hmmm.... Like say the Spirit hoLD you.... Odikwa Selious.

That picture of urs is too hilarious. grin
Re: 10 Funny Ways People Sleep During Sermon by HolyHero: 2:01pm On Sep 06, 2015
they just sleep
Re: 10 Funny Ways People Sleep During Sermon by tosyne2much(m): 2:23pm On Sep 06, 2015
Hawlahscho:
tosyne2much

At all it's not strange, I have a friend that naturally do it so I learnt it for situations like that grin

I'm perfect to d extent that I'll maintain the position of my head after I've perfected it to be like angle 85.degree with my shoulder either right side or left side cool

If my head mistakenly comes down to like angle 80degree, I'll gain consciousness and blink grin

Hahaha roflwkmd cheesy

Baba, you be veteran sleeper oooo cheesy
Re: 10 Funny Ways People Sleep During Sermon by queenbetsy(f): 2:31pm On Sep 06, 2015
10.they don't sleep no matter how they feel sleepy. sometimes,they stand up from their seat and walk out of the auditorium,then,walks in after some minutes...
Re: 10 Funny Ways People Sleep During Sermon by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 06, 2015
Re: 10 Funny Ways People Sleep During Sermon by timilehing(m): 4:50pm On Sep 06, 2015
When Nature calls, even pastor's wife go sleep when her husband dey preach
Re: 10 Funny Ways People Sleep During Sermon by taryour(f): 5:37pm On Sep 06, 2015
RoyalRoy:
Lol

lwkmd. ....... I don die
Re: 10 Funny Ways People Sleep During Sermon by ritababe(f): 9:15pm On Sep 06, 2015
People sleep only when the sermon is boring, but i dont think anybody can sleep in apostle suleiman church cus the preaching is fire fire

1 Like

Re: 10 Funny Ways People Sleep During Sermon by 400billionman: 9:49pm On Sep 06, 2015
ritababe:
People sleep only when the sermon is boring, but i dont think anybody can sleep in apostle suleiman church cus the preaching is fire fire

You are right..

Also when the pastor is owing you. You can vex sleep.
Re: 10 Funny Ways People Sleep During Sermon by 400billionman: 10:01pm On Sep 06, 2015
Hawlahscho:
tosyne2much

At all it's not strange, I have a friend that naturally do it so I learnt it for situations like that grin

You need deliverance..
Re: 10 Funny Ways People Sleep During Sermon by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 06, 2015
Quilty of all.....but to God be the glory..

I am born again!wow!!
Re: 10 Funny Ways People Sleep During Sermon by Hawlahscho(m): 1:44pm On Sep 07, 2015
400billionman:

You need deliverance..
That's your opinion.

It's none of my business. cool
Re: 10 Funny Ways People Sleep During Sermon by delectablegyal(f): 9:16am On Sep 18, 2015
Lalasticlala
Re: 10 Funny Ways People Sleep During Sermon by tosyne2much(m): 9:19am On Apr 03, 2016
Lalasticlala dis thread dey waste ooo cheesy
Re: 10 Funny Ways People Sleep During Sermon by Nobody: 11:58am On Apr 03, 2016
Lwkmd!!! Rememba dose days wen i was still a learner i will nw drop my biro during class (esp maths classcheesy) nd bend down to pik it, i will nw sleep, if dey nw call my name, i will say am lookin for my pen buh my teacher catches cause my eyeballs will be red, wen am nuh smokin weed under d chair, y shuld my eyeballs be red? Bt nw i don learn new skillssmiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

PRAYER TIME: Power To Move Forward / Popular US Black Prophet Quotes Witch Cheryl Lynn Word For Word For Prophesy / For Jehovah's Witnesses: 607 B.c.e - A Timeline Analysis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.